<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
The Jag is a little too heavy btw, 1500kg is a little too heavy for it

Maybe 1475 or 1470? Because i get good traction off the line and nothing else

I'm not saying this for my benefit, just for all Jag drivers. It's one of the reasons why i slipped down the field so quickly

At Red Bull Ring today I went round as quickly as anything else at current specs, but at Brands I was aware of how easily it was being eaten up on the pit straight.

I don't really know what to do with it.

I understand what you mean

Like, it's beast in fast corners but when it's reaching speeds of say 130-135mph it starts to get swallowed up

At RBR its pretty good, it sticks to the road very well (unless you run wide or hit the yellow things... damn 🤬)

When you guys do testing for the next race do you do it online or offline????????
Are the any difference between the two ???????
Just wondering :odd::indiff::ill:

When you guys do testing for the next race do you do it online or offline????????
Are the any difference between the two ???????
Just wondering :odd::indiff::ill:
Offline times are over a second faster at least because tyre/fuel wear is forced off. All testing should be done online where tyre wear can be enabled.

I did a few laps of RBR last night. It's a nice track, a little slippery in places and easy to run wide on the corner exits but it should give some great overtaking opportunities and lots of draft. Only real issue to be wary of is the pit entrance, my first attempt was a failure, I didn't get the entry quite right and I got a drive-through instead. So I'll need to practice the pit entry a few times, I'd hate to get it wrong on race night. :(

As for my lap times, 1:42's are possible and I'm hoping to be consistent. At the moment my lap times are fluctuating by about a second depending on whether or not I can hook up a good lap, or catch a few slippery kerbs and make an error or two.

The final two turns are awesome, firing the car through there and clipping the apex of them both is great fun. I have been known to cut the final turn slightly so I need to be careful with that one, but damn it's good fun when I get it right.

Hopefully it'll be a good race.

THANKYOU SIG
I'm online testing now if anyone wants to come and show me how it's done hahaha. :lol::sly::boggled::yuck:;)
I'm not 100% sure that you're on my friends list! Add me if you want and I'll have a practice with you sometime. 👍

@Ian_83 did you find that you had to slow more for the penultimate turn in able to get a good pit entrance? There were problems in GP2 this year during qualifying where people were hampered by other drivers needing to be quite a lot slower through there to make the pits. Everyone went crazy saying it was too dangerous and the race would be ruined by an accident, but in the end it was fine.

@Ian_83 did you find that you had to slow more for the penultimate turn in able to get a good pit entrance? There were problems in GP2 this year during qualifying where people were hampered by other drivers needing to be quite a lot slower through there to make the pits. Everyone went crazy saying it was too dangerous and the race would be ruined by an accident, but in the end it was fine.
Yeah i thought about that too, and these cars aren't anywhere near as responsive as GP2 cars so we'll have to be careful round there

Rule idea (probably already done but y'know): if you are entering the pits move to between the white entry line before the penultimate corner, that way driverd behind will know you'll be slowing down more than usual

Yeah i thought about that too, and these cars aren't anywhere near as responsive as GP2 cars so we'll have to be careful round there

Rule idea (probably already done but y'know): if you are entering the pits move to between the white entry line before the penultimate corner, that way driverd behind will know you'll be slowing down more than usual

Yeh good idea, so you'd effectively take the defensive line going into the corner, that sounds like it would work fine 👍

The only potential problem I see with that is if you don't move to the right early enough and someone tries to overtake you through the corner, you might miss the pit. So if you pit on the last lap of the pit window you might get a penalty in that situation! The easy solution though would be to stay on the right-hand side from the exit of the last corner

Yeh good idea, so you'd effectively take the defensive line going into the corner, that sounds like it would work fine 👍

The only potential problem I see with that is if you don't move to the right early enough and someone tries to overtake you through the corner, you might miss the pit. So if you pit on the last lap of the pit window you might get a penalty in that situation! The easy solution though would be to stay on the right-hand side from the exit of the last corner
Yeah that's what i mean, on the inclimb move towards the right of the circuit to let others know.

Also, introduce a penalty (not a harsh one) for drivers who do not move over fast enough, it will be deemed as impeding

I think this needs to be tested with a few drivers before any decisions are made about what to do.

Yeah that's what i mean, on the inclimb move towards the right of the circuit to let others know.

Also, introduce a penalty (not a harsh one) for drivers who do not move over fast enough, it will be deemed as impeding

Don't think it can be done really, If I think I pit and the car in front picks to pit.
I won't go into the pits down to being so held up, not really liking this track.

It's just boring to go round and grip levels real hard to feel and read.

I look forward to must races but this not one of them :(

To be honest I don't think that it'll be a major issue, thses cars don't have huge levels of grip anyway, so the speed through that turn isn't as high. I do have to slow to make the pits, but as long as I make my move obvious enough hopefully the car behind will realise and slow a little too. 👍

At least we have a pit window, so we should have a rough idea when to expect people to start pitting and therefore I hope that everyone keeps this in mind.... If a collision occurs, then it will be looked at by the stewards as usual.

I'm not overly concerned about collisions, my only worry is making sure that neither I or anyone else is too wide on the pit entry, as it'll give a drive-through instead which is rather annoying. :lol:

As for the track itself, I quite like it.

Update v1.11 is now available. It's only 30 MB yet it takes a while to install.

What have they broken now? :lol:

EDIT// All appears to be ok. 👍

Last edited:
I don't have any stability issues and my PS3 is an original phat one. :confused: How full is your hard drive, I must admit that I had a clear out before installing GT6, I've got around 7-gig of free space at the moment.

I'll be updating about 15:30
Are you stopping online for a while? I may join you if you are.:)

Back