<- BTCC -> Honda Integra Cup Season 2 - rolo wins a title at the 13th attempt!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,178 comments
Had some really nice practice races tonight with Mad, Skeng and Canyon. :) It's looking promising for tomorrow, none of us suffered any sound bugs or connection issues.

The HP penalty is working fairly well, it's possible to keep in the draft, but once out of the draft it becomes difficult to catch back up again, not impossible, but certainly challenging and that's the whole idea.

I'm in... No problems last night running with mad, Ian , and skeng... Good night had by all so looking forward to what will be a good but hard race night

HP Penalties for Race 1 (including Qualifying):
  1. Street-King-07 - 283hp
  2. skengdigi - 289hp
  3. rolo912011 - 295hp
  4. PleaseD1e - 301hp
  5. CptMadBean - 307hp

Looking forward to race 1. With 301hp I think that I can potentially get a good result in race 1. That's assuming that there are no incidents, the potential for mishaps is quite high here, so we need to be careful and overtaking isn't going to be easy either.

With the maximum power handicap for Race 1, I'm likely to struggle to gain a good spot in qualifying due to the short track.

I thought in the last test race I lost it but the up front war worked in my favour.
Hope I get some good luck tonight, funny little vid of the last few bends.

From last nights test race, makes me laugh as Ian trys to cut my nose off on the finish line.
And my driver shaking his head lol:

Shame you don't have the last lap or second to last lap battle Ian and skeng had where I dove in between them to come back from 3 rd to 1st... Lol

Watching Dusty and Ian race omg it's close.
Lap 11 ian pulling away, lap 12 Dusty locks up in first turn.

Ian wins :(

Can I play? Been having fun with you guys. Number 31 if it's free, and team name Redeye racing

BTTC needs drivers like you m8, I'm sure Rolo will be fine with you joining up.
Little unsure if number ok Rolo will let you know.

You need to add him to your PSN or your never get in the room later tonight.
Add rolo912011 to your psn and see you about 18:30.

Make sure you read the rules your driving skill are really good and fair.
But sometimes there mistakes on track or just the odd drive bomb.
You need to report to race stewards PleaseD1e is one and skengdigi

You just need to pm them lap and bend and it get look at.

All drivers hear try there best to race fair but there always them gambles that not go to plan :scared:

BTTC needs drivers like you m8, I'm sure Rolo will be fine with you joining up.
Little unsure if number ok Rolo will let you know.

You need to add him to your PSN or your never get in the room later tonight.
Add rolo912011 to your psn and see you about 18:30.

Make sure you read the rules your driving skill are really good and fair.
But sometimes there mistakes on track or just the odd drive bomb.
You need to report to race stewards PleaseD1e is one and skengdigi

You just need to pm them lap and bend and it get look at.

All drivers hear try there best to race fair but there always them gambles that not go to plan :scared:

The other steward is @AudiMan2011 (Street-King-07) đź‘Ť

Should still be here so you can report things, if not rolo will just cut you up.
Then your not be able to report him.
Being here at least you can report him lol.

Wow, I finally won a BTCC race...

I would like to pay respect to @Ian_83 for pushing me over my limit from lap 14 to 22, 8 laps mate! 0.05 finish margin, well done. It was a great battle :)

A frustrating time on a difficult track for me with 2 results barely scraping in the top 10 in the first 2 races and then having victory snatched from me at the line in Race 3.

Real big sorry to Stig I looked behind me in turn 1 instead off hand brake,(worng button).
Great lead in race 3 messed up by me, big sorry m8 real big sorry :(

May of even knocked Karstan off track in race 3 to, it's a 50 50 move round that long turn.
and I had inside line but I know a little come together the car on the outside not fair well.

Want to blast away on race 2 but I need to watch replays and report away.
I even report myself so if your not worried about it I am.

Sorry Rolo for my mid race 2 rage, it was just a nightmare race with 301 bhp :(

I think Cape Ring Inside is unsuitable for this serie.

That's alright Mad, just please don't chat mid-race, calling me personally too. I got a bit distracted. Look forward to your usual PM đź‘Ť

Apologies again to @CptMadBean & @canyondrifter for race two incidents.

Took a few knocks myself in last two races due to the busy track. I agree with you @rolo912011 its too narrow for the amount of cars on track. Too easy to knock into one or two cars. Particularly the long curve where even the slightest tap sends the outside car into the wall.

Apologies again to @CptMadBean & @canyondrifter for race two incidents.

Took a few knocks myself in last two races due to the busy track. I agree with you @rolo912011 its too narrow for the amount of cars on track. Too easy to knock into one or two cars. Particularly the long curve where even the slightest tap sends the outside car into the wall.

Yeah think I did that long left and gave karsten a tap off track in race 3.
Your fast Gaz but you really need to learn slip stream.
Me Skeng Ian and Canyon will test race and test race and even more test race.
But I think you miss this down to your able times to play the game.

Learn brake early, before the cars in front brake, It can lead to you being faster out the turn.
If that leads to a staight yeah your nose a head come turn it's down to the brakes.

Yes I think I've reported you sorry but I've also reported myself.
When I started this BTCC I was auto gears and on a ds3 pad.

But I was slow, soon took in tips like manuel gears, wow I was slower than I ever was :(
Took my learning in game and online, just never looked back.
Then I got the g27 wheel it was a lot of learning, tonight race was the first time I ever found the hand brake bottun.
Skeng can do brakes and power, me well I just go off track trying it.

But like no abs I do well not under pressure, my best lap at cape ring was no ABS.
Add Ian Skeng Canyon Dusty in a race I was hope less using no ABS.

I think really I only got GT6 to be hear and to race here, still don't think I've done the game.
You may pick up some more pens m8 just learn from them, the balance to the leaders never easy m8.
Your quick there fast, there set good lap times lap 1 2 3 4 5 and so on, we not AI at the end of the day.

I think Cape Ring Inside is unsuitable for this serie.

That's alright Mad, just please don't chat mid-race, calling me personally too. I got a bit distracted. Look forward to your usual PM đź‘Ť

My usual Pm is what happens in the race, in my veiw it alot of times report myself.

Sorry again for my mid race 2 rant, I just got the hump big time :indiff:

@Kkj10, I was in your position last season at Brands Hatch, I was using auto gears, pad and ABS, plus I was hopeless and I was always in the way. I caused a hefty accident on the front straight lol. It was time I practiced. I started using manual gears as @CptMadBean actually suggested it and I found almost 2 seconds of time, which lead to a 6th (12th after Brands penalty), a 7th and a DC from race lead... I started to practice more and more and by the final round at NĂĽrburgring I was nearly there with the likes of Skeng and Ian, only a couple tenths slower. I eventually claimed a 3rd place behing Ian and canyon.

Now onto Integra's, I was banned from round 1 due to a warning at NĂĽrburgring which added to 3 from Brands Hatch, so I'm already on the back foot. The Honda Integra is a difficult car to drive at times and even harder when the likes of @Ian_83 and @canyondrifter are going faster in an equal car! It just takes time and practice, I mean, look, I just won my first BTCC race and it wasn't bloody easy thanks to @Ian_83 lol, he's not double champion for no reason.

Moral of the story, it's the practice that counts :)

All I'm gonna say on the issues of accidents is this.. Out of 4 races I've been knocked off the track 3 times by the same guy.. Practice with somebody else on the track because its pointless racing in a pack if you have no experience of slipstream and its effects on your car.. Learn your braking points because if I get taken out 1 more time I will make sure you come last in every race . Ok I won't actually do this but in the heat of battle I have been known to throw my toys out of the pram... So please do try to avoid the suicidal late braking moves... You know who you are so no need to reply

All I'm gonna say on the issues of accidents is this.. Out of 4 races I've been knocked off the track 3 times by the same guy.. Practice with somebody else on the track because its pointless racing in a pack if you have no experience of slipstream and its effects on your car.. Learn your braking points because if I get taken out 1 more time I will make sure you come last in every race . Ok I won't actually do this but in the heat of battle I have been known to throw my toys out of the pram... So please do try to avoid the suicidal late braking moves... You know who you are so no need to reply
This guy was me at Brands lol, except I was always at the back :lol:

Just a little idea maybe Rolo should hold 2 pre-race test nights.
Say Sunday and Tuesday 19:00 to 21:00.

It's not a you must turn up thing, but it would give others time to get on and test in a pack.
If there free and able to.

I know I'll not be able to make This Sunday and Tuesday as back on shift Sunday night.
Testing for round 3 not going to be easy for me as I come off shift Thursday morning!

But I still think the idea maybe a good one.
It also don't need to be Sunday and Tuesday, maybe just 2 days rolo knows he can do ;)

A lot of us practice most of the week so people should just join us for practice .

I think with all the practice I did i could of taken that final chicane any way possible .

I could of pushed for the win in race 3 last night but with fuji and that long straight ill need all the hp i can get for qualifying .

A lot of us practice most of the week so people should just join us for practice .

I think with all the practice I did i could of taken that final chicane any way possible .

I could of pushed for the win in race 3 last night but with fuji and that long straight ill need all the hp i can get for qualifying .
And this is why @SkengD is amongst the best on GTP...

Back