<- BTCC -> Honda Integra Cup Season 2 - rolo wins a title at the 13th attempt!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,178 comments
Thinking of ending my online racing as that was just plan crap tonight.
There was no giving room, it all had to be balls out.
Some of us was doing stuff for team points and trying hard to do well.
Some just did not give a dam and wanted to pass you at every giving moment.

Race 1 a stress race 2 I hit something at the start.
Think I had a fatal on the starting line!
Race 3 I was just to mad myself trying to block ended up out braking myself I guess.
But it was the worst night I've had in Btcc, just plan crap.

Well laters all go bye

Last edited:
Thinking of ending my online racing as that was just plan crap tonight.
There was no giving room, it all had to be balls out.
Some of us was doing stuff for team points and trying hard to do well.
Some just did not give a dam and wanted to pass you at every giving moment.

Race 1 a stress race 2 I hit something at the start.
Think I had a fatal on the starting line!
Race 3 I was just to mad myself trying to block ended up out braking myself I guess.
But it was the worst night I've had in Btcc, just plan crap.

Well laters all go bye

It'll still be worth sending us your usual PM Mad, it's important for us to still do things properly with the future in mind.

Btcc has been much fun :) and it is sad to see it go D: To everyone who I raced from the start its been sound guys, fun and challenging... Best races I have ever had :)

Thank you Rolo, the stewards and all the drivers that I've raced against in the BTCC. I've had some wonderful times and I'm hugely greatful to all.

I started out as a rookie, I didn't have a clue what I was doing in my very first race, but Rolo made me feel very welcome and he soon showed me the ropes. Ever since then, I've been dedicated to this series, I've learnt a huge amount about online racing, improved as a driver and I'm lucky to have seen some silverware.

It's now time for me to hand over the drivers title to someone that thoroughly deserves it.......

Congratulations.

This not good news about the G27 wheel on the Ps4 :(

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872483
Nope. I'm thoroughly cheesed off with Logitech and Sony. There is a petition on change.org which has had a fair few signatures, also a thread about it here on GTP in the Project Cars section.

I'm doing what I can to help. I've been in talks with someone for a little while now but can't really discuss it here.

Would be a nice way to bow out if Rolo has managed to get his hands on the title :cheers:

Shame about the wheel support for PS4, the G27 is a decent price right now with the black friday deals.

Results from Red Bull Ring:

Race 1:

1. Dustybin_ (307hp)
2. rolo912011 (295hp)
3. xflow1390
4. skengdigi (289hp)
5. Scaniabebe
6. Street-King-07 (301hp)
7. CptMadBean (warning)
8. STOCKY8A1
9. PleaseD1e (283hp)
10. Glen-Alz-81
11. karsten_beoulve
12. Weezy_7
13. mosendtner
14. cunny17
15. mrbrendon999
DNF. mikey_2412 (warning)
DNQ. TheOldStig

Pole: Scaniabebe
Fastest Lap: Dustybin_ - 1:39.803
Lap Leaders:
Scaniabebe, mrbrendon999, xflow1390, Dustybin_

Race 2:

1. Glen-Alz-81
2. Dustybin_ (283hp)
3. Street-King-07
4. skengdigi (301hp)
5. PleaseD1e
6. mikey_2412
7. rolo912011 (289hp)
8. karsten_beoulve (warning)
9. xflow1390 (295hp)
10. Weezy_7
11. Scaniabebe (307hp; warning)
12. CptMadBean (5-second penalty)
13. cunny17
14. mrbrendon999
15. mosendtner

Fastest Lap: PleaseD1e - 1:39.673
Lap Leaders: mosendtner, Glen-Alz-81, Street-King-07, rolo912011

Race 3:

1. rolo912011
2. Scaniabebe
3. xflow1390
4. PleaseD1e (307hp)
5. mrbrendon999
6. Dustybin_ (289hp)
7. STOCKY8A1
8. Street-King-07 (295hp)
9. karsten_beoulve (warning)
10. skengdigi (301hp)
11. mosendtner
12. mikey_2412
13. cunny17 (warning)
14. Weezy_7
15. Glen-Alz-81 (283hp)
DNF. CptMadBean

Fastest Lap: Dustybin_ - 1:40.175
Lap Leaders:
Scaniabebe, rolo912011, PleaseD1e, mrbrendon999

----

Drivers on a One-Round Ban:
@CptMadBean, @azidahaka and @1996mikey2412 would have had a one-round ban for reaching 8 penalty points, to be taken at their next event in any future BTCC season - however as a gesture of goodwill upon my hosting retirement, all bans (modern and historical) are being lifted and cleared in order to wipe the slate clean - so you guys got lucky this time ;) Make sure you clean up in future to impress any new host!

----

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained, or to appeal. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal penalties.

Points up shortly. 👍

Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

INTEGRAS2DRIVERSFINAL_zps541b1e2b.png

Teams' Points:

INTEGRAS2TEAMSFINAL_zps64a3f585.png

Independents' Points:

INTEGRAS2INDEPENDENTSFINAL_zpse6d14ac1.png

---------

Results:
  1. Motegi East - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-9-spaces-open.316250/page-15#post-10100082
  2. Cape Ring Inside - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gt-8-spaces-open.316250/page-22#post-10131032
  3. Fuji GT - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-7-spaces-open.316250/page-26#post-10147848
  4. Deep Forest - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...46-8-spaces-open.316250/page-30#post-10182984
  5. Tokyo R246 - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...up-round-6-monza.316250/page-31#post-10224753
  6. Monza - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-invitation-only.316250/page-34#post-10233687
  7. Grand Valley East - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-invitation-only.316250/page-36#post-10252733
  8. Red Bull Ring - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ale-8th-champion.316250/page-38#post-10270368
---------​

So..... after 13 seasons of trying, and a championship record that reads 3rd/3rd/3rd/3rd/5th/6th/2nd/4th/2nd/3rd/4th... I've finally won a title!! :gtpflag::dopey: I am the Drivers' Champion! What a perfect way to end!

Perfect Apex Racing win the Teams' Championship again, as is becoming customary!

I also have another title to celebrate, as I've claimed the Independents Championship crown too! 👍

-----

In light of the fact I'm retiring from hosting, I've decided to create a one-stop resource where all results and all-time statistics are kept for easy reference - you can find it here: https://btcconlinechampionship.wordpress.com/ :cheers:

------

Expect an announcement tomorrow regarding the future...

So guys.. firstly I want to say thank you, as I always do, to the 24 drivers who took to the track this season, including extra gratitude for those series legends who returned this week to mark my hosting retirement, or who were there in spirit! :cheers:

Also guys, it's been a real pleasure over the last two and a bit years to be able to organise a couple of hours of what has hopefully been great fun on first a Friday and then a Thursday evening for you all. I salute those of you guys who have turned up and basically never left, finding a home here. We have a real core community in this series, which would be a criminal waste to lose. Extra respect to those who have stewarded for me, past and present - the series wouldn't have run properly without your input and assistance. I massively respect those for whom this racing series has been, and hopefully if all goes well will continue to be, a vital part of their weekly routine - an escape, a focus or something to be looked forward to. Your cause in particular has been a great motivation to find a way to allow this series to continue under the direction of someone who has the energy and drive to do it properly. For some it's about more than just fun.

A number of drivers who have come through these doors have been fantastic to race with - clean side-by-side battles in places where you wouldn't think it possible. Leaving each other sufficient racing room, those who read races and help with bumpdrafts whilst keeping it all sensible. There has always been a keen level of competition (with a skeng as a yardstick for basically all of us :sly:) which has always kept the series interesting and motivating. I'm proud of being able to have welcomed so many newcomers to online racing over time and to have allowed them to establish themselves into fast, clean regulars. I feel that in general in this series the driving standards have been excellent - probably one of the cleanest series on GTP, all told. The penalty system has always worked as far as I'm concerned in making sure it stays that way. Even though we all have our off moments, there has always been a respectful and mature attitude among our drivers, both on track and off. The culture has always been excellent, and is definitely a blueprint for anyone else who wants to run a series here, or organise people generally, and make it a success.

I can't take the credit for much of this, it's you guys who make the series by showing up, forming the community, racing clean and showing the right attitude, and therefore I salute you all :cheers:

I may be passing on the hosting and organising baton to someone else - and hopefully there will be announcement on this very very soon - but that doesn't mean BTCC is over, or even that I'm quitting GT6 or certainly GTPlanet. If BTCC's future works out it would be very hard not to take part - even if my days doing anything more than just driving are done. As I say, the community here is too good to lose and I'm definitely keen to see what the future holds.

So yeah, thank you all, it's been a blast. :cheers: Make sure you give the new host enough time and chance to establish themselves. I also had to pick up a racing series from someone else and start from scratch....

So guys.. firstly I want to say thank you, as I always do, to the 24 drivers who took to the track this season, including extra gratitude for those series legends who returned this week to mark my hosting retirement, or who were there in spirit! :cheers:

Also guys, it's been a real pleasure over the last two and a bit years to be able to organise a couple of hours of what has hopefully been great fun on first a Friday and then a Thursday evening for you all. I salute those of you guys who have turned up and basically never left, finding a home here. We have a real core community in this series, which would be a criminal waste to lose. Extra respect to those who have stewarded for me, past and present - the series wouldn't have run properly without your input and assistance. I massively respect those for whom this racing series has been, and hopefully if all goes well will continue to be, a vital part of their weekly routine - an escape, a focus or something to be looked forward to. Your cause in particular has been a great motivation to find a way to allow this series to continue under the direction of someone who has the energy and drive to do it properly. For some it's about more than just fun.

A number of drivers who have come through these doors have been fantastic to race with - clean side-by-side battles in places where you wouldn't think it possible. Leaving each other sufficient racing room, those who read races and help with bumpdrafts whilst keeping it all sensible. There has always been a keen level of competition (with a skeng as a yardstick for basically all of us :sly:) which has always kept the series interesting and motivating. I'm proud of being able to have welcomed so many newcomers to online racing over time and to have allowed them to establish themselves into fast, clean regulars. I feel that in general in this series the driving standards have been excellent - probably one of the cleanest series on GTP, all told. The penalty system has always worked as far as I'm concerned in making sure it stays that way. Even though we all have our off moments, there has always been a respectful and mature attitude among our drivers, both on track and off. The culture has always been excellent, and is definitely a blueprint for anyone else who wants to run a series here, or organise people generally, and make it a success.

I can't take the credit for much of this, it's you guys who make the series by showing up, forming the community, racing clean and showing the right attitude, and therefore I salute you all :cheers:

I may be passing on the hosting and organising baton to someone else - and hopefully there will be announcement on this very very soon - but that doesn't mean BTCC is over, or even that I'm quitting GT6 or certainly GTPlanet. If BTCC's future works out it would be very hard not to take part - even if my days doing anything more than just driving are done. As I say, the community here is too good to lose and I'm definitely keen to see what the future holds.

So yeah, thank you all, it's been a blast. :cheers: Make sure you give the new host enough time and chance to establish themselves. I also had to pick up a racing series from someone else and start from scratch....
It was a pleasure to return for your final race :) its been great having you as host, always friendly, fast, fun and sensible :). I am going to miss this series and all the drivers in it, When I first came in I was in no man's land, but you guys made me determined to improve and I did :). The races have always been great and fun and it is a real shame to see them end. Always be sure to pm me if you have any more chances to race because I'll buckle up and join you!

@cunny17 Very consistent finishes there sir.:P:bowdown:

Race 2 & 3 slightly missed braking point at turn 3 by a mere 50 yards. :dunce: Race 2 managed to put it up the outside into the gravel and not hit any one. Race 3 I was on the inside of the track, tried to steer through but could not avoid hitting Karsten , which probably wrecked his race. Sorry K. Maybe for the best that I'm considering going back to pc and race against adjustable AI, at least then I would win some races. :sly::lol:

I'm pleased about this.

Well done mate, fully deserved. 👍

Thanks to all drivers I've raced with here, learnt a lot and got my feet on the ground. But it's al thanks to rolo. You beat skeng too, be proud lol

If i'm correct too, first driver to win the title using an automatic gearbox ;)

Race 2 & 3 slightly missed braking point at turn 3 by a mere 50 yards. :dunce: Race 2 managed to put it up the outside into the gravel and not hit any one. Race 3 I was on the inside of the track, tried to steer through but could not avoid hitting Karsten , which probably wrecked his race. Sorry K. Maybe for the best that I'm considering going back to pc and race against adjustable AI, at least then I would win some races. :sly::lol:
ah don't worry mate it was a goodby race and all were a bit too much pumped out...

i did my car wrecking too in race 3 i think, sorry about that but i'm not used to this crazy draft setting and i asked too much my brakes...

It was entertaining, and a great way to greet off @rolo912011 !

I'm pleased about this.

Well done mate, fully deserved. 👍

Thanks to all drivers I've raced with here, learnt a lot and got my feet on the ground. But it's al thanks to rolo. You beat skeng too, be proud lol

If i'm correct too, first driver to win the title using an automatic gearbox ;)
Congrats Rolo.

It's your first GTP championship too right?

I did indeed win the title using an automatic gearbox, and a DS3 with "traditional" brake/throttle controls. My first overall title win too, I only had an Independents' title to my name up to this point. Now I've got two of those too :)

I did indeed win the title using an automatic gearbox, and a DS3 with "traditional" brake/throttle controls. My first overall title win too, I only had an Independents' title to my name up to this point. Now I've got two of those too :)

Its funny to see you changed your avatar too.

What a perfect end to the season and indeed Rolo's hosting of the BTCC. Rolo grabs the drivers and independents title and manages to bag the win of the final race too. I couldn't have written a better script. :D

I knew that Rolo always had the makings of a champion, he's actually an alien too but its not obvious to begin with. Rolo's ability to jump into a car and be fast despite not bothering to tune it, despite not using a wheel or a manual gearbox and to top it all off he's using the X button..... :lol: There is no denying that this guy has some talent and deserves his name on the trophy.

@rolo912011 - You're finally there, you've done it, your hard work and dedication to the BTCC has been rewarded to the full extent and there is no doubt that as a host you're going out on a high. I sincerely hope that you stick around and we get a chance to race each other again. 👍

Congratulations mate. Relax, enjoy your retirement and who knows, maybe we'll be racing with you as host one day in the future...

...Raise your pint glass to Rolo, the champion, an awesome host and a great friend.
_______

On a more personal note, I'd like to thank Street King for coming to the rescue this season and taking over from where Canyondrifter left. You ensured that Perfect Apex Racing got the teams title once again this season and I truly appreciate you stepping in and getting the job done. Thank you. :)

I'm not sure what the future holds for Perfect Apex Racing now, we'll have to wait and see what comes along. I'm really proud of what this team has achieved within the BTCC, I'm not sure whether PAR is the most successful team, but I do know that we've done incredibly well and it wouldn't have been possible without my teammates.

I've met some great people during my time in this series, I've had some fantastic racing with you and I hope that we all stay in touch. Cheers to everyone.

Ian.

Back