<- BTCC -> Honda Integra Cup Season 2 - rolo wins a title at the 13th attempt!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,178 comments
I knew that Rolo always had the makings of a champion, he's actually an alien too but its not obvious to begin with. Rolo's ability to jump into a car and be fast despite not bothering to tune it, despite not using a wheel or a manual gearbox and to top it all off he's using the X button..... :lol: There is no denying that this guy has some talent and deserves his name on the trophy.

@rolo912011 - You're finally there, you've done it, your hard work and dedication to the BTCC has been rewarded to the full extent and there is no doubt that as a host you're going out on a high. I sincerely hope that you stick around and we get a chance to race each other again. 👍

I'm actually really tempted to finally get a handle on manual gearing. I've avoided using it since I've been using L2 and R2 as side views, which I think is more useful when battling other cars. I want to see if it improves my performance in the end, although the major downside will be losing pace massively as I get up to grips. Using L2/R2 as brake and throttle just makes me feel ill inside :sly: I've honed working with the X button for the last 18 years playing racing games. There's no secret to my no-tune, in fact I only do that because I really don't understand car tuning :lol: I have no idea what makes what do what in the most part, it's all just numbers and abbreviations to me. I just move weight about, fix up a decent transmission and go. It'd be curious if someone tuned me up a car to see just how much faster I could go in it.

I'm really glad things worked out the way that they did! I will definitely be sticking around and be involved in our community. I definitely haven't ruled out participating in future, but as a driver only. Nothing more.

I'm actually really tempted to finally get a handle on manual gearing. I've avoided using it since I've been using L2 and R2 as side views, which I think is more useful when battling other cars. I want to see if it improves my performance in the end, although the major downside will be losing pace massively as I get up to grips. Using L2/R2 as brake and throttle just makes me feel ill inside :sly: I've honed working with the X button for the last 18 years playing racing games. There's no secret to my no-tune, in fact I only do that because I really don't understand car tuning :lol: I have no idea what makes what do what in the most part, it's all just numbers and abbreviations to me. I just move weight about, fix up a decent transmission and go. It'd be curious if someone tuned me up a car to see just how much faster I could go in it.

I'm really glad things worked out the way that they did! I will definitely be sticking around and be involved in our community. I definitely haven't ruled out participating in future, but as a driver only. Nothing more.
I've never bothered with the side view. I usually know when I'm alongside someone, I use a headset and I've got a good ear. ;) Also now that we've got the blindside indicators back in GT6 I don't think that the side view is needed.

Manual gearing would help for sure. It does take time to learn, but once mastered you'll be able to control your car more and prevent wheelspin.

I'm not very good at tuning either. I have no set method or real understanding of what everything does, I just use trial and error. Ok, I guess that on FF cars I have some settings that I feel work for me, but I only found them by trying different methods and jumping on track to 'feel' the car.

On GT5 I had loads of tuned cars, some were really good and the improvement over stock was pretty damn surprising. Sadly GT6 hasn't been the most interesting game for me, so I've basically concentrated on my BTCC car and neglected to learn how to tune on GT6. :(

If you want to play with your car settings, just go and look in the tuning section on GTP, there are some good tunes available on there (some not so good) and it helps to understand what you should adjust and in which direction you need to go for certain drivetrains.

My best GT6 tune is probably my beloved Volvo C30. It was a problem child (still was after tuning), but the tweaks really did help that car....I wonder if it still drives the same now, there have been a few updates since then. Hmmm.

I've never bothered with the side view. I usually know when I'm alongside someone, I use a headset and I've got a good ear. ;) Also now that we've got the blindside indicators back in GT6 I don't think that the side view is needed.

Manual gearing would help for sure. It does take time to learn, but once mastered you'll be able to control your car more and prevent wheelspin.

I use the side views. I usually keep my TV volume quiet, so its just easier to use the dpad to look to the sides and in the rear.

I started manual gearing 2 months ago or so. I'm not that good(and I don't play GT6 much), but I think I'm a little bit quicker because I have more control over the car

I use the side views. I usually keep my TV volume quiet, so its just easier to use the dpad to look to the sides and in the rear.

I started manual gearing 2 months ago or so. I'm not that good(and I don't play GT6 much), but I think I'm a little bit quicker because I have more control over the car
I have a headset on because I listen to my tyres, I know when I'm pushing the car too hard and loosing grip by the sound of the tyres.....that said, I still get over-enthusiastic in the race and chew my tyres up. :)

I find it hard to use the side veiws on the wheel when going in or out of turns.
So I've had to rely on the warning indicators, what I do find can be a little late in warning sometimes.
Anyway who needs side views when it in front of me what I seem to hit alot lol.

Well done on winning Rolo and well done to PAR for winning team.

Ian you know if we can use the trustmaster wheel on our stands?
Maybe you can give that guy a call see if we can or not, or maybe we need to buy some little mods so it can fit.
Would be better if logitech just made a plug in chip, you know plug chip in to USB and then plug wheel into that.
Can't be that hard to sort really?

Not 100% sure if I'll join a new BTCC on GT6 as should have a PS4 for xmas :)
That driving club any good? as we got a bit of a wait for that project cars.
And only god knows when GT7 will be out

I find it hard to use the side veiws on the wheel when going in or out of turns.
So I've had to rely on the warning indicators, what I do find can be a little late in warning sometimes.
Anyway who needs side views when it in front of me what I seem to hit alot lol.

Well done on winning Rolo and well done to PAR for winning team.

Ian you know if we can use the trustmaster wheel on our stands?
Maybe you can give that guy a call see if we can or not, or maybe we need to buy some little mods so it can fit.
Would be better if logitech just made a plug in chip, you know plug chip in to USB and then plug wheel into that.
Can't be that hard to sort really?

Not 100% sure if I'll join a new BTCC on GT6 as should have a PS4 for xmas :)
That driving club any good? as we got a bit of a wait for that project cars.
And only god knows when GT7 will be out
From what I've seen, Driveclub is a flop, I wouldn't waste money on it.

With regards the G27.....It is still early days yet. I'm hoping that we can find a solution to use the G27 on the PS4, I'm not going to buy a Thrustmaster any time soon (hopefully never), so I haven't even thought about whether or not we can adapt our wheelstand. I can contact the seller and ask him, he'll know the difference between the two wheels and their mounting points.

I'm in no rush, I'm only interested in Project Cars which isn't being released until March at the earliest. I'm hoping that Sony and Logitech have sorted out a solution by then. ;)

From what I've seen, Driveclub is a flop, I wouldn't waste money on it.

With regards the G27.....It is still early days yet. I'm hoping that we can find a solution to use the G27 on the PS4, I'm not going to buy a Thrustmaster any time soon (hopefully never), so I haven't even thought about whether or not we can adapt our wheelstand. I can contact the seller and ask him, he'll know the difference between the two wheels and their mounting points.

I'm in no rush, I'm only interested in Project Cars which isn't being released until March at the earliest. I'm hoping that Sony and Logitech have sorted out a solution by then. ;)

Driveclub has issues. The main idea of the game was to be online oriented. But it had online issues.

I can't wait until Project Cars. It looks like a much better version of Grid Autosport.

Untitled-2_zpsf2dc32d5.jpg

So, as everyone knows by now - Rolo has decided to retire from hosting the BTCC Online Championship. Being a member of the Series since Season 4, I've felt welcomed to races by Rolo himself as well as other drivers of the grid. It's been heading for almost 2 years since I first took part in my first race at High Speed Ring in the 2006 Ford Focus ST - and since then, there has been ups and downs, but at the end of the day, the BTCC has always been a Series very close to my heart. After hearing the news some time ago that the BTCC was set to end, I was deeply saddened by this and sent Rolo a Private Message.

For the eager eyed of you guys, you may have seen that I've been attending a couple of race meetings this last week for "Testing Purposes" of my new ASUS Router - and all can now be explained. When I hosted the Super Touring Car Championship earlier this year, it was an awesome experience and something I've always wanted to do again... So, when the possible opportunity arrived, I sent @rolo912011 a PM and after some offering of beers, and cake, we came to an agreement. This is where my new Router comes into play.

I am very proud to announce that @rolo912011 has passed the baton over to me to run the BTCC Online Championship for the foreseeable future. I feel really honored that I have been given this opportunity and would like to thank Rolo for the hard work he has done over the last few years. I used to do some Stewarding Work for BTCC back in Season 6, I believe, and have always wanted to be of some sort of help... I hope that I can settle into the new role quickly, and can start work on an upcoming BTCC Season as soon as possible. But please do not expect the start of any Seasons to be until January 2015 at least. I am going to need time to get things setup and experiment with some new ideas I've got in mind.

I would finally like to thank @DirtyNurbKing58, @SkengD, @V8-Johnboy, @mrbrendon999, @Ian_83 and @Esco87 for your support over the years. You've all been really great people who have helped me improve and become a better pesonality than what I was when I first stated on GTP! But I'd also like to thank everyone else in BTCC for making it one of the best Series on GTPlanet!

Beers anyone, for the return of the BTCC (I won't be testing you for alcohol, yet)? :cheers: :gtpflag:

So, as everyone knows by now - Rolo has decided to retire from hosting the BTCC Online Championship. Being a member of the Series since Season 4, I've felt welcomed to races by Rolo himself as well as other drivers of the grid. It's been heading for almost 2 years since I first took part in my first race at High Speed Ring in the 2006 Ford Focus ST - and since then, there has been ups and downs, but at the end of the day, the BTCC has always been a Series very close to my heart. After hearing the news some time ago that the BTCC was set to end, I was deeply saddened by this and sent Rolo a Private Message.

For the eager eyed of you guys, you may have seen that I've been attending a couple of race meetings this last week for "Testing Purposes" of my new ASUS Router - and all can now be explained. When I hosted the Super Touring Car Championship earlier this year, it was an awesome experience and something I've always wanted to do again... So, when the possible opportunity arrived, I sent @rolo912011 a PM and after some offering of beers, and cake, we came to an agreement. This is where my new Router comes into play.

I am very proud to announce that @rolo912011 has passed the baton over to me to run the BTCC Online Championship for the foreseeable future. I feel really honored that I have been given this opportunity and would like to thank Rolo for the hard work he has done over the last few years. I used to do some Stewarding Work for BTCC back in Season 6, I believe, and have always wanted to be of some sort of help... I hope that I can settle into the new role quickly, and can start work on an upcoming BTCC Season as soon as possible. But please do not expect the start of any Seasons to be until January 2015 at least. I am going to need time to get things setup and experiment with some new ideas I've got in mind.

I would finally like to thank @DirtyNurbKing58, @SkengD, @V8-Johnboy, @mrbrendon999, @Ian_83 and @Esco87 for your support over the years. You've all been really great people who have helped me improve and become a better pesonality than what I was when I first stated on GTP! But I'd also like to thank everyone else in BTCC for making it one of the best Series on GTPlanet!

Beers anyone, for the return of the BTCC (I won't be testing you for alcohol, yet)? :cheers: :gtpflag:
:eek: I was not expecting this at all

But good decision rolo. I know you'll do fine Scania mate 👍 :)

I'll be keeping a close eye on the series and I'm sure people will still look to me for guidance, opinion and such. However, my future in BTCC is just as a driver (if I decide to drive). I won't be a tester, I won't be a steward. I've put in enough hours to both over the years! @Scaniabebe makes all the decisions around here now, so any comments, queries and complaints need to be directed towards him. He'll run the show how he sees fit, and that may mean some changes here and there (and anywhere). However, I've made sure that majority views are still important in making decisions so be sure to make your voices heard if you want to see something. He doesn't bite :sly:

This upcoming season, I probably will be able to make a race or 2. (Hopefully)

I wasn't expecting @Scaniabebe to take the wheel (heh puns) of this serie. But I'm sure you'll do as good a job as Rolo did.

It's great that Scania is taking the helm of this series that helped me to break into serious GTP racing. Like Rolo, I'll also be taking a step back from serious sim racing for a considerable time, both for personal reasons and with the prospect of a job soon when I have an interview on Wednesday.

It's been a huge pleasure racing with everyone here and I'm grateful to all of those who have given me an opportunity to prove myself.

it's fantastic to hear (well... see... damn it, every time) that the legend of BTCC will continue! this means I can prove myself even more :gtpflag:

no no just kidding, I'm glad because it means that I get to race with you guys even more 👍

Good to hear man and its been nice racing around you all, even with mine and your connections haha! As you take the helm, just keep me as a reserve I may pop down occasionally

Good to hear man and its been nice racing around you all, even with mine and your connections haha! As you take the helm, just keep me as a reserve I may pop down occasionally

Well my connection is solid now, it's mainly the hosts that have issues these days :P
I'll be sure to put you down as reserve, be sure to remind me though, you know what my memory is like!

EDIT: Just a note (except @xflow1390, I was unable to send you a PM), I have sent everyone currently taking part in BTCC a Message with a Small Survey for you to fill in, this is so I can get an idea of what members would like to keep in the BTCC, and what they'd like to change. Please do take the time to fill this out, everybody will have their voice heard!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone ,

First of all congrats to Rolo winning his 1st title , I guess you saved the best for last .

I joined BTCC in season 2 and the series has improved every season with some drivers coming and going while some stayed and became regulars and some even became champions .

This has to be the longest running series I have raced in and It will be hard for me to retire from BTCC but I think that the time is right . I will take a sabbatical or whatever they call it for the next season and watch the series from the outside .

I am sure I will make a return when the time is right .

I will still answer that survey you sent out Scania .

Thanks skeng, real hard luck on your part, if the Race 3 crash hadn't happened you'd have had it, so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very lucky! Your record is better than anyone's ever though, and it would take some time for people to beat your stats!

Quick, everyone, sign up for next season - the title could now be anyone's! (It'll probably be Ian's...)

I also wouldn't mind being sent the survey just in case.

Thanks skeng, real hard luck on your part, if the Race 3 crash hadn't happened you'd have had it, so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very lucky! Your record is better than anyone's ever though, and it would take some time for people to beat your stats!

Quick, everyone, sign up for next season - the title could now be anyone's! (It'll probably be Ian's...)

I would say the Fuji race i dced from would of been what cost me the title .

I've always told you guys you need some luck to win these things .

You drove well in in the final round , it was almost like it was fate/destiny .

Don't worry , I will be back once I see someone creeping up on my all time stats .

Is Ian or Skeng coming back for another season?
If Scania can make the series appealing for me then I'll be back. I'm sitting, watching and waiting to see what he does. 👍

I loved Rolo's BTCC, so hopefully the ingredients will remain the same or at least very similar. Too many changes all at the same time could put the regulars off.

:lol: You have more faith in my driving than I do.

It would be nice if you could at least voice your opinion, the BTCC has been your baby for so long and you've been doing something right. 👍
I would say the Fuji race i dced from would of been what cost me the title .

I've always told you guys you need some luck to win these things .

You drove well in in the final round , it was almost like it was fate/destiny .

Don't worry , I will be back once I see someone creeping up on my all time stats .
Yep, Fuji was a problem round for you. Any DC is not good. :( Is your PS3 dying or do you have internet problems?

I have a feeling that your stats are safe for a while. ;)

Rolo was driving that car hard at RBR, he seemed determined to win that title, he had a fire in his belly. :lol: He even had a few laps before the race to practice, which is unheard of.

Rolo was driving that car hard at RBR, he seemed determined to win that title, he had a fire in his belly. :lol: He even had a few laps before the race to practice, which is unheard of.

I always wondered why Rolo, the host, never ran practice laps an hour or so before like Mad and Ian did.

Back