<- BTCC -> Honda Integra Cup Season 2 - rolo wins a title at the 13th attempt!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,178 comments
I'll run some laps online and if i'm not too slow or dangerous i might join up. I think i never properly raced that mignon version of motegi :D

Learning a track is always good lol

Don't worry about being too slow. If you are that means I'll have someone to race with!:cheers:

My fastest lap was just under 1:31 and that was in the draft of @CptMadBean last night.

Don't worry about being too slow. If you are that means I'll have someone to race with!:cheers:

My fastest lap was just under 1:31 and that was in the draft of @CptMadBean last night.
i do not want to end up troubling other driver's races overdriving ;) i'll take some laps later on and see what i can reach

Most bends the same not to fast in and not on the power to quick coming out.

Turn 2 easy to over cook in or out, come out right your flow round turn 3.
But again don't come out to quick, you need to set yourself up good for turn 4 and 5.

Getting turn 4 and 5 right is the most important part of the track.

I'll have to give the old Honda a go. I've bought one and painted it, which is progress I guess.

How does it handle? When we raced this Honda in GT5, I didn't like the handling to begin with. It took a fair while to get the hang of it. I think that it's the downforce on the rear which I'm not used to.

Front wheels like to spin and yeah less rear down force and less sping on the rear would be a plus.
But tuning not allowed so your car handles just like mine lol.

Dam just thought you can play with the brake balance if my head remembers right?

yes you can.

i'mat 1.29.5 after like 20 laps. hating the weird connection esses.... tires for fast laps last so little! O_0

Runner Bean Racing team preview pic:

Runnerbeanpreview_zps6ff1ab99.jpg
I'm doing this for my team hehehe

I just had a couple of quick races with Karsten. The draft was set to 'weak'.

In race 1, Karsten hung onto my slipstream well, although he wasn't quick enough to overtake, so I had the edge on him.

In race 2, we kept the draft on weak, but I applied the maximum success penalty -30bhp. Karsten led for most of the race (until he made a mistake), I was keeping up with him in the draft although I wasn't able to make an overtake on him. I just didn't have enough power down the straights, so I can't overtake in the braking zone and my best opportunity to overtake is on corner exits or to apply pressure and wait for a mistake.

We didn't try draft on 'real' but from what I just exprienced, I think that overtaking will be pretty much impossible for someone on the maximum success penalty and they would really struggle to keep in the draft at all.

It was difficult enough trying to keep up with Karsten on the weak setting. :lol: Solo laps, I can do a low 1:29 with full power, in Karstens draft with -30hp I did a mid 1:29.

If we do change to using 'real' I think that we'll need to alter the success penalty too, it will be too much of a disadvantage.....and I like a challenge.

Looking forward to testing this in a full blown race.

I think we should give the real draft a chance .

It would even help prevent those pole positions gifted by draft .

Yep, we should try real again, it might have changed since we experimented with it last.

I just don't want us to have boring races with little overtaking opportunity.

I can do consistent 1:29's from lap 2 onwards until my tyres drop below 7 on the front :)
That's pretty impressive Mikey. 👍

One thing that I found was the wheelspin coming out of the corners is crazy, tyre wear is going to be really rapid.

That's pretty impressive Mikey. 👍

One thing that I found was the wheelspin coming out of the corners is crazy, tyre wear is going to be really rapid.
Thanks mate :) 👍

What I've noticed, is that as soon as you touch 'car settings' you are straight away not able to enter a 'tuning prohibted' race lol :grumpy:

But when I had an Integra that was tuned (before I had to buy a new one) I was running 1:28-1:29's I think.

But yeah, after I bought a new Integra and left it standard, I was running consistent 1:29's, pretty solid pace in my opinion.

Boy this is going to be a good season :cheers:

When is the testing night? Thursday I'm assuming...

Yup, as per normal. It shall be held at Suzuka so as not to ruin the results of any season races,

If people want we can do only 1 of the races there and go to one or two other places if you feel it's needed (e.g. Monza and the gearing there)

Yup, as per normal. It shall be held at Suzuka so as not to ruin the results of any season races,

If people want we can do only 1 of the races there and go to one or two other places if you feel it's needed (e.g. Monza and the gearing there)
Am I allowed to participate in Testing?

Or is the ban active until Round 2?

OK, how's that being organised then? Who's the independent?

----

Anyone open for a little testing tonight?
He is scoring team points for Round 1 but will score Independents from Round 2 onwards as I come back :)

Round 1
TheOldStig - Team
Smith1001 - Team

Mikey_2412 - absent due to ban

Round 2-8
TheOldStig - Team
Mikey_2412 - Team
Smith1001 - Independent

Back