BTR, CTR, GT40, R8 GT3, R5 Turbo, Stratos, Cizeta: All fixed

  • Thread starter Thread starter rsergio007
  • 92 comments
  • 8,233 views
Messages
30
I declare them fixed. I declare them fun.

What a difference. All these cars can now finally be driven by a normal person. Will still kill you if you over do it but you can now feel the weight swaying in a cool controlled way instead of abruptly spinning.

Whatever PD did: do not change it.
 
I declare them fixed. I declare them fun.

What a difference. All these cars can now finally be driven by a normal person. Will still kill you if you over do it but you can now feel the weight swaying in a cool controlled way instead of abruptly spinning.

Whatever PD did: do not change it.

That's not fixed, in real life the Stratos at the very least can't be driven aggressively without experience in the car or high overall driving skill (otherwise, get this, it abruptly spins), it sounds more like it's been neutered. Again... :(
 
@FrzGT It would be the GT3 variants that have been fixed. I never had any problems with the V8 or V10 models.
 
@FrzGT It would be the GT3 variants that have been fixed. I never had any problems with the V8 or V10 models.
Yeah because besides modern normal cars and its variants there are a LM race car that preceded it, 2 in fact.
 
Add the 427 Cobra to that list, it was very hard to control before but I ran it in the Willow event a few days ago and it was nice to drive, still a bit on the loose side but nothing like it was before. Big improvement there.

I haven't tried the BTR yet since the update, odds are I will have to retune it as I had tuned it to the point of being pretty stable already. Before tuning that was likely the hardest car in the game to drive wanting to spin in ever corner, a real handful.
 
Yeah because besides modern normal cars and its variants there are a LM race car that preceded it, 2 in fact.

...Which is a GT3 car.
 
Why not just say that MR and RR's cars' handling have been improved. Because they were problematic before.
 
...Which is a GT3 car.
WRONG!!!!!

audi_r8_infineon_lm_2001_racing_car.jpg
And its Playstation variant.
 
Which R8 exactly, eh?

I meant the GT3 type versions.

Why not just say that MR and RR's cars' handling have been improved. Because they were problematic before.

Well, I was part of the group of people who defended that MR and RR cars were mostly ok. Which I still do. I think cars like the NSX or Alpine were just fine.
But, there was a notable bunch of cars that were just about impossible to drive stock consistently.

My OP is somewhat ironic in the sense that, you had to get to GT6 v1.09 for PD to nail the BTR, for instance. I loved it before, but now it's just something else. It definitely feels like an RR, needs to be handled like a RR, but can be driven in a fun consistent way. The same for the Stratos, you still have to drive it like an extreme MR but, you can now do 10 laps on it without spinning once. About time I think.
 
The LMP 900 R8 and road going and GT3 R8 are nowherer near the same cars. They only share a name.
Well thats what I pointed out on the title. Its not specific. I dont know what exactly R8 are fixed. Only GT3? also road car? or extend to the LM Race car?

(Dont answer. I know its only the GT3)
 
That's not fixed, in real life the Stratos at the very least can't be driven aggressively without experience in the car or high overall driving skill (otherwise, get this, it abruptly spins), it sounds more like it's been neutered. Again... :(
Yes the intemporal timeless confusion between bug/fix and hard/not hard. I begun to accept it because game forum.
 
Last edited:
Cool. I just used the GT40 in one of the seasonal time trials this morning and it was fantastic to drive. I guess I need to try the Stratos now to see what that's like.
 
That's not fixed, in real life the Stratos at the very least can't be driven aggressively without experience in the car or high overall driving skill (otherwise, get this, it abruptly spins), it sounds more like it's been neutered. Again... :(

Have you driven the updated one yet? I raced it the other night and it's very fast, but its a case of tossing it into a corner, managing the slide, and getting on the throttle at the right time to exit.
 
Have you driven the updated one yet? I raced it the other night and it's very fast, but its a case of tossing it into a corner, managing the slide, and getting on the throttle at the right time to exit.

I said sounds for a reason, so no. I'll try it, but if it doesn't kill me I'll be upset. ;)
 
Well thats what I pointed out on the title. Its not specific. I dont know what exactly R8 are fixed. Only GT3? also road car? or extend to the LM Race car?

(Dont answer. I know its only the GT3)

The R8 GT3 cars where horrible before, nothing like the R8 LMP which handled great.
 
I said sounds for a reason, so no. I'll try it, but if it doesn't kill me I'll be upset. ;)

My point is exactly that PD finally seems to have nailed these cars so people can have fun.

Like I said before, I was never one of those who said "this car is broken", but damn, a lot of these cars were nearly impossible to drive consistently.

Now, it's like the back no longer wants to fly whenever you touch the brakes. The cars no longer feel de-coupled. Before was like all weight was in the front when braking and all weight was in the back when acceleration. Extremely radical. Now it's smoother, so you can actually catch a lot of the slides. You still get a lot of weight transfer, you still have to balance braking and accelerating at same time to control chassis movement, and you can still lose the Stratos 90% of times if you get too optimistic on fast corners.

And, being one of those who would only drive these cars stock, without murdering them with front ballast like a lot of the ace drivers around, I find them a pleasure to drive now. For those who think "they were not broken, It was just hard and you suck", well, I suggest re-visiting all the tricky classics. Like the ones in the OP or the mentioned Cobra, the Europa, etc.
 
I tried the Ford GT40 with race hard tyres just after the update and found it seemed to have no grip at all.
 
BTR was more problematic for me than the CTR. I expect both to get hairy on the limit and the CTR came through where the BTR provided a false sense of security until concentration wanes the slightest bit. R8 GT3s got better, CTR got numb. Just my view on the matter.
 
The increased rear camber is the key in this update. The change in physics of MR cars is very subtle compared to that. Even so, when fully tuned these cars are still not completely right (R8 LMS and Stratos mainly). Oversteer at high speed is much more controllable, but the snap oversteer at <80km/h is still present (albeit reduced by the large rear camber values). Also, both Diablo (GT2 and GT) are still horrible to drive.
 
BTR was more problematic for me than the CTR. I expect both to get hairy on the limit and the CTR came through where the BTR provided a false sense of security until concentration wanes the slightest bit. R8 GT3s got better, CTR got numb. Just my view on the matter.

But do not forget the CTR has massive rear tires, and now it finally feels like it. Before it felt it was on road bicycle tires. And the massive power is still there and difficult to tame. If you exaggerate out of a corner you'll spin, you feel the car floating dangerously when you change direction just slightly, and if you dare braking and turning at the same time you die. :)
 
Neither the Ruf's or the Cizeta were broken. I've been using those cars ever since vanilla GT6 and they are okay. The R8's I do think thee was indeed a problem.

That's not fixed, in real life the Stratos at the very least can't be driven aggressively without experience in the car or high overall driving skill (otherwise, get this, it abruptly spins), it sounds more like it's been neutered. Again... :(

Yeah, but the Stratos was still driveabe unlike the GT3 R8's.
 
Neither the Ruf's or the Cizeta were broken. I've been using those cars ever since vanilla GT6 and they are okay. The R8's I do think thee was indeed a problem.



Yeah, but the Stratos was still driveabe unlike the GT3 R8's.

The R8s were definitely a problem. The BTR was a beast but could be tuned to behave. Out of the box though I would say that it would be accurate to say that it was broken. The Cizeta has always been broken but was even worse in GT6 I don't think I have ever saw a car with that combination of understeer and oversteer. I have driven that car in GT 4 5 and 6 and hated it in all of them.
 
Back