BTR, CTR, GT40, R8 GT3, R5 Turbo, Stratos, Cizeta: All fixed

  • Thread starter Thread starter rsergio007
  • 92 comments
  • 8,238 views
Can we really say the R8 was "broken" when in real life it utilizes traction control? If I recall correctly.
I think the game version would have benefited more from the "Race ABS" on the real car.
 
BTR was more problematic for me than the CTR. I expect both to get hairy on the limit and the CTR came through where the BTR provided a false sense of security until concentration wanes the slightest bit. R8 GT3s got better, CTR got numb. Just my view on the matter.
In the BTR you can add a rear wing which helps a lot to stabilise the car. With the yellow bird, you cant... lol
 
In the BTR you can add a rear wing which helps a lot to stabilise the car. With the yellow bird, you cant... lol
Even if you could, it counts as tuning--something I generally don't do.
 
Can we really say the R8 was "broken" when in real life it utilizes traction control? If I recall correctly.

Well, it wasn't spinning rears that was a the problem. It was like the tail was on a different surface
 
The Lotus Evora saw a remarkable improvement. It's a lot more similar to the GT5 model this time around, except you get that little controllable snap when you push it too hard or lift off. Very stable and it feels like a proper Lotus should. Pre-1.09 it was just a complete mess like the other MR cars. What a blast to drive around the Ring now.

Loving the old Ferraris as well. The F40, 250 GT/GTO, and the Boxer are much grippier and controllable; you can really feel the tires slipping through the wheel now. That "skinny tire feeling" in the 250 GTO feels a lot better too. You can feel a tad bit of understeer from the CS tires when turning in but now that annoying wheelspin at every slow corner on exit is nearly gone. A huge improvement IMO.
 
Well, it wasn't spinning rears that was a the problem. It was like the tail was on a different surface
as15-97-1325_A.jpg
 
Would it just be the working camber?

TBH I don't feel that much difference on those cars.
 
Would it just be the working camber?

TBH I don't feel that much difference on those cars.
That's a part of it but it's much more than that. There's more overall grip in the Yellowbird for example, more rear than front, the loss of grip is much more progressive so you can anticipate and control a drift easier. There's more lateral and longitudinal grip, so less wheelspin out of the corners as well. I have some suspicions of what was done but no way to confirm it myself. It'll still kill you if you push it too far and it's still a handful to drive, but it's a handful of marbles now, as opposed to the handful of fish eggs it was before.
 
Last edited:
Fix the size of the Stratos, is ridiculous! Bigger than a Dodge RAM!
Same with the 69 Camaro and the Red Devil, it looks small in third person compared to some other cars the same size or smaller. Wish they would fix the fov for these, especially the Red Devil.
 
OK, I'll try them more when I'm in better condition. :sly:
 
Who thinks that these cars are undrivable and they need to be fixed?




 
It's not just camber, all the cars I've checked so far have been given a boost in toe, all street cars went from .20 to .60 that's a lot and the GT3 race cars are all at 1.00 toe. I am not sure if these numbers are reflecting real life settings but these changes have compounded the effect of camber angles. Toe in gives better cornering stability, too much and you lose grip.

I am thoroughly confused as how did PD let the game out with such off settings for every car, what's nuts is the camber settings for every car is now nearly the reverse for front and rear. GT3 cars used to have 3.0 upfront and 1.0 in the rear, now that is 1.5 in the front and 3.5 in the rear. Street cars get .5 up front and 1.0 in the rear for all stock vehicles, I'll check bespoke super cars which have different camber/toe settings like the Enzo and a few others. This is so weird, it's like they knew about this the whole time and was working on a fix that would work on all cars, notice that literally all cars front and rear camber is swapped around almost identically and toe angles have increased for rear driven vehicles.

EDIT
The Enzo has the same basic front end rear end swap and the GT-R Black Edition gets 1.4 in the front and keeps the 1.3 at the rear. Before this update the GT-R front camber was 1.0 I believe. It seems across the board that all cars receive 40 degree increase in rear toe. From the looks of it all the race cars including LMP's get 1.5 at the front and 3.5 at the rears which is odd as the LMP's used to run with .5 for both front and rear and the toe setting is now 1.00 as opposed to the old .20. Blanket change, going to test LMP's to see if they are better or worse, but I know that the GT3 cars are better I smashed my time by nearly 8 seconds on Bathurst in a stock SLS GT3.
 
Last edited:
Who thinks that these cars are undrivable and they need to be fixed?


This F40 drives nothing like the real life :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are fighting the good fight SuperGT, but you can't win the forums, sadly

There are people around that thinks how cars are driven like a smooth butter on the LeMans circuit and they claim that by showing YouTube videos that are filmed with modern cameras that have Image Stabilization enabled

I love this F40 video so much 👍
 
Countach LP400 doesnt oversteer at all now. WTF
 
Fit your comfort medium tyres and hoopla, it's the same killer car 💡

I was never much a fan of the Yellow Bird back in the GT4 days with the DS2, but with a DFGT and CM tires, it's an absolute blast. I may not be setting any 'Ring records, but it's sure as heck fun to drive. 👍
 
I may not be setting any 'Ring records, but it's sure as heck fun to drive.
That's what I'm saying. I really enjoy it on the retro Monza we got with the Senna tribute.
 
The R8 GT3 finally behaves like how a German should: dignified and obedient. :D
 
Before the update, I drove Ridox's Black Bird replica and felt it's pretty good, very well balanced. Now I feel it needs a re-work.

After this update, I don't feel the Black Bird replica is any grippier or more progressive than before, nor better balanced etc. And the grip on braking got worse, thus longer distance is needed.

In (tuned) V16T, it seems more progressive when sliding, but still not a good choice considerding 'driving fun', to me at least.
 
Physics change after 1.09 made huge difference to all cars, mostly tire and weight transfer.
Audi R8 Team Phoenix with old stock settings is pretty good to drive, tuned to edge, sharp to drive and fast, then new stock values (new springs, camber and toe) is pretty nice "base" setting for car, fast also but after changing more camber to front and bit less on back it goes smooth and predictable, default is bit too much understeering due high rear camber versus low front.
 
Ruined then :/

That's really the constructive criticism I was looking for.


Was just lapping around the Nordschleife with both the CTR and F40, all stock. 7:40 and 7:42.
OMG, GT6 was stale as moldy bread but this physics update was indeed huge.
I just invite everybody to do the same with the baddest cars they can think of.
Brake too late: you die. Heavy foot: you die. Too hot into a fast corner: you die and they can't find your remains.
But, providing you brake early, you now can feel and control the entry into the corner, nice and close into the apex, then unwind the steering as you accelerate around the corner, occasional counter steering just because these are evil cars, and smooth acceleration until straight otherwise you spin.
All this can now be felt and controlled. Before, at least to me, was nearly impossible to do all this right and consistently.

Oh but I forgot, they are now "ruined" and "neutered". Better go online with my fully tuned M3 CSL with RS tyres. That is fun.
 
All this can now be felt and controlled. Before, at least to me, was nearly impossible to do all this right and consistently.
It was possible to be felt and controlled and before update 1.09
This video is made in GT6 1.01 update:
 
That's really the constructive criticism I was looking for.


Was just lapping around the Nordschleife with both the CTR and F40, all stock. 7:40 and 7:42.
OMG, GT6 was stale as moldy bread but this physics update was indeed huge.
I just invite everybody to do the same with the baddest cars they can think of.
Brake too late: you die. Heavy foot: you die. Too hot into a fast corner: you die and they can't find your remains.
But, providing you brake early, you now can feel and control the entry into the corner, nice and close into the apex, then unwind the steering as you accelerate around the corner, occasional counter steering just because these are evil cars, and smooth acceleration until straight otherwise you spin.
All this can now be felt and controlled. Before, at least to me, was nearly impossible to do all this right and consistently.

Oh but I forgot, they are now "ruined" and "neutered". Better go online with my fully tuned M3 CSL with RS tyres. That is fun.
yeah
 
Do this mean my BTR will stop doing wheelies ?
 
Do this mean my BTR will stop doing wheelies ?
I tried out a few cars the other night, stock, online and did the Yellowbird and BTR back to back. The YB is now sublime and easily controlled and no longer the wild beast it once was. The BTR on the other hand, still feels the same to me as it did before the update, crazy, no grip in the rear, can't feel the front end..etc. I'd have to do more testing and on multiple tracks but it felt like the BTR was untouched to me.
 
Cool as it was fun to have one tuned that could wheelie , it does wheelies online I just don't think anyone else can see it.

Thanks bro
 
In the BTR you can add a rear wing which helps a lot to stabilise the car. With the yellow bird, you cant... lol

I don't use the wing on the BTR.
I have driven both the BTR and the Yellow Bird stock and the Yellow Bird was very tame compared to the BTR. I got 3 clean laps in a row on the full Motegi road course in the Yellow bird right out the gate. The BTR was spinning in almost every corner. After tuning the BTR drove decently.

I just took it [the BTR] out on Willow earlier today and find that I am about 1.5 seconds faster with it now than I was last I drove it which is a bit surprising seeing that I have not driven much lately so am a bit rusty. I was easily beating my previous best laps with it even when I was making some small mistakes. Definitely drives better now than before.
 
Back