BTR, CTR, GT40, R8 GT3, R5 Turbo, Stratos, Cizeta: All fixed

  • Thread starter Thread starter rsergio007
  • 92 comments
  • 8,236 views
Pretty much all the cars mentioned are infamous for being only suitable to pro drivers in reality, and even they have a hard time getting any sort of consistency out of them. And yes, easily spinning out at low speeds is part of that - there's lots of proof about on youtube. As such there was nothing wrong with them in the game.

Some of them, like the Cizeta, R5 and GT40, were in fact very driveable before - it was all down to knowing how to work with the movement in the back end, which was not as unpredictable as many people say.
 
The GT40 was hideously spiky at La Sarthe when I tried it recently, and now it's progressive, but still spiky (at the A1 / Red Bull Ring). That makes it so much fun, because its natural stance is the four-wheel drift, but you still have to mind your steering input. The BTR is also more predictable if cautious, but it still punishes the clumsy or heavy-handed, or even just the slow-witted driver. I suppose I'd say they feel more like cars now.

I look forward to testing a few others that seemed "unfair" before, and I'm well used to cars that you steer away from the corner at all times, being a GPL fan (T1 at Mexico FTW). :dopey:
 
The R8s were definitely a problem. The BTR was a beast but could be tuned to behave. Out of the box though I would say that it would be accurate to say that it was broken. The Cizeta has always been broken but was even worse in GT6 I don't think I have ever saw a car with that combination of understeer and oversteer. I have driven that car in GT 4 5 and 6 and hated it in all of them.

Honestly, I never had problems with the Cizeta. It even feels better than it did in GT4. The reason is that I never expected the car to handle good. And I don't think that car was made with good handling in mind. The Cizeta might be an amazing car (I love it), but it's a design and engineering mess.
 
Try to be a bit more specific next time ;)

Have you bought the Skyline yet? It's really fun on the Cape Ring track.
 
The R8s were definitely a problem. The BTR was a beast but could be tuned to behave. Out of the box though I would say that it would be accurate to say that it was broken. The Cizeta has always been broken but was even worse in GT6 I don't think I have ever saw a car with that combination of understeer and oversteer. I have driven that car in GT 4 5 and 6 and hated it in all of them.
I thoroughly enjoy (enjoyed? I've yet to drive it since update) the Cizeta. Understeer under mild braking on approach, snap oversteer under hard braking nearer the apex and lift just beyond, and copious wheelspin on exit--nevermind the bulls; let loose the bowels!!!
 
Fix the size of the Stratos, is ridiculous! Bigger than a Dodge RAM!
 
I'll have to re-test the stock Stratos then. I remember re-testing the Mustang Cobra R and recording no difference at all, but that was a FR.
 
Only MR car I've driven since the update is a stock Ford GT40; I think it was better in the last patch to be honest. I'll try some more MR cars soon though.
 
Only MR car I've driven since the update is a stock Ford GT40; I think it was better in the last patch to be honest. I'll try some more MR cars soon though.
Couldn't find anything else so I wandered into a 550PP SS room. Pulled out my Yellowbird, tuned many versions ago to this PP and ran some laps. The car was tight and the rear end grippy, much grippier than before. I went to check the ballast thinking I'd chucked a bunch in the bonnet and there was none, it was stock weight distribution. Yellowbirds aren't usually the fastest car for me but it was a full second faster than a Corvette C7 Anniversary Edition I put together right after that at the Red Bull Ring.
 
CTR was really fun after 1.09 update, it was driveable before also, but it needed manual+clutch to keep on hand easily, now it can be pushed heavily using smg-paddles. It still says "I'm deadly car" :)
 
Did they fix the garaiya gt300? Stock was a NIGHTMARE...
 
It seems that real world physics should also be fixed :mischievous: :banghead:
 
Last edited:
That car is trying to kill the driver every single corner! Imagine if the car was like that ingame, all the complaining we would get.

Oh, wait...
Fit your comfort medium tyres and hoopla, it's the same killer car 💡
 
That car is trying to kill the driver every single corner! Imagine if the car was like that ingame, all the complaining we would get.

Oh, wait...

I see a guy able to maintain the CTR on track for a full Nurb lap. I see relatively uneventful braking. I also see a guy using extensive opposite lock under acceleration out of corners. Also see some long controlled drifts. I don't see dead people. :)
I would say the CTR is now more realistic
 
I see a guy able to maintain the CTR on track for a full Nurb lap. I see relatively uneventful braking. I also see a guy using extensive opposite lock under acceleration out of corners. Also see some long controlled drifts. I don't see dead people. :)
I would say the CTR is now more realistic

I happened to drive the CTR last night with a few pals, something we've been driving over the last few weeks for an upcoming series so I'm somewhat familiar with it. And it's just as you described, it was incredibly schizophrenic before but now it's on some meds and is only mildly schizophrenic. The back end still has a strong desire to pass the front end and it's still looking for any opportunity to kill you to death, you just have a little more say in the matter now.

For those saying "If it doesn't try to kill me then it's broken", it certainly still tries to homicide you as much as possible, it just uses a slightly shorter stabbing knife now so you are able to dodge it's lunges a bit more.
Basically, it went from this:

psycho.gif


To this:

cutchoo.gif



( ^ I still wouldn't mess with her. Would you?? :nervous: )
 
Fit your comfort medium tyres and hoopla, it's the same killer car 💡

The new physics of tires and new FFB are far the best thing about 1.09 update.

The attention has completely gone to RedBull Ring and new cars, but new tire properties and corresponding feel of the FFB on wheels is the best so far.

I have driven my beloved stock F40 without any assists on Comfort Hard and I finally had the feel I always wanted. I hope that vocal minority of complainers will not succeed this time and I hope PD will keep the current state of both tire-physics and FFB on this point and improve from that.

FFB now has proper lateral clip (just look at the CTR video above) and it transfers the new elasticity of the tires almost perfectly.

I drove few of my "testing" events in full and I was simply amazed with the 1.09 updates:

- F40, Comfort Hard, full-stock, no assists, no ABS - Trial Mountain
- Cizeta V16, Sports Hard, full-stock, no assists, no ABS - LeMans 3 lap race on IB Supercars Challenge
- Ferrari Enzo, Sports Medium, full-stock, no assists, no ABS - Willow Springs

Every single one of them feels like magic and as it should - taming a killing machine.
 
cutchoo.gif



( ^ I still wouldn't mess with her. Would you?? :nervous: )

I'd mess with her all day!!:O esp if she spoke French to me :lol: (if that's Carolyn Jones, if not then never mind)

Thanks for the info, I can't wait to get in GT6 tonight and try these cars out. I spent a lot of time trying to tune some of the cars listed to make them a little more manageable, should be interesting :scared:
 
I'd mess with her all day!!:O esp if she spoke French to me :lol: (if that's Carolyn Jones, if not then never mind)

Thanks for the info, I can't wait to get in GT6 tonight and try these cars out. I spent a lot of time trying to tune some of the cars listed to make them a little more manageable, should be interesting :scared:


Well, she's a bit dead, but don't let that stop ya! :lol:
 
Well, she's a bit dead, but don't let that stop ya! :lol:

:lol: I know I know. She was dead when I first saw her on Addams Family when I was a kid, still had a crush on her! :D
 
I see a guy able to maintain the CTR on track for a full Nurb lap. I see relatively uneventful braking. I also see a guy using extensive opposite lock under acceleration out of corners. Also see some long controlled drifts. I don't see dead people. :)
I would say the CTR is now more realistic
What you see is the Ruf factory test driver, an acknowledged master of both the Yellowbird and the Nurburgring taking one of the most difficult to drive performance cars ever built. Most people would have crashed in the first corner.

Well, she's a bit dead, but don't let that stop ya! :lol:
I had such a crush on her that probably wouldn't stop me:lol:
 
Last edited:
That's not fixed, in real life the Stratos at the very least can't be driven aggressively without experience in the car or high overall driving skill (otherwise, get this, it abruptly spins), it sounds more like it's been neutered. Again... :(
This. Super short wheel base + very rear heavy = very busy driver.

@Johnnypenso Hey, I saw you in the lotus pro room last night. You should race with us more often. We usually kick people who can't keep their nose out of someone's tail, but you joined late and the host towards the end of the night sucked. We had a full 16 people room going for a while earlier in the evening. Either way, sorry you tough last race. We do restarts when that crap happens, but I think everyone left in the room was too tired and we couldn't tell if you'd given it a little too much throttle or someone gave you some help when you darted to the left of the launch.

We play every night, though :) Everyone is welcome as long as they don't barrel into people or get in the way if they're a lap down during the race/not on a hot lap during practice.
 
Last edited:
This. Super short wheel base + very rear heavy = very busy driver.

@Johnnypenso Hey, I saw you in the lotus pro room last night. You should race with us more often. We usually kick people who can't keep their nose out of someone's tail, but you joined late and the host towards the end of the night sucked. We had a full 16 people room going for a while earlier in the evening. Either way, sorry you tough last race. We do restarts when that crap happens, but I think everyone left in the room was too tired and we couldn't tell if you'd given it a little too much throttle or someone gave you some help when you darted to the left of the launch.

We play every night, though :) Everyone is welcome as long as they don't barrel into people or get in the way if they're a lap down during the race/not on a hot lap during practice.
Not a fan of RS tires, I only go to those rooms as a very last resort. If you're talking about the FW at Tsukuba it was my own fault, got distracted, started in cockpit view and tried to change it too late...cooked the tires.
 
Not a fan of RS tires, I only go to those rooms as a very last resort. If you're talking about the FW at Tsukuba it was my own fault, got distracted, started in cockpit view and tried to change it too late...cooked the tires.
Oh, gotcha. You came across my front wing and I didn't feel anything, but you were so close I thought I might have tapped you the person behind you on the grid sent you to the right. All in good fun :) We use any tire btw. No restriction :)
 
Keep in mind, bad reputations for car handling tend to come from the ham fisted morons who can't drive them. Sports cars are traditionally purchased by those with money, not those with brains or a willingness to pay attention to driving dynamics.

Some of the cars in the game were completely useless because of their poor handling (like the GT3 R8). Why even bother to have them if they're useless to drive? Given the way the R8 handled this past weekend during its Nurb24 win, I would say the pre 1.09 version was WAAAAAAAY off base.
 
Can we really say the R8 was "broken" when in real life it utilizes traction control? If I recall correctly.
 
Back