Bugatti thread.

erm i havent followed this thread but how do we know the bugati is standard? has there been gameplay that shows theres no insideview? or anyone from sony/pd that states it?

specialstageroute5.jpg

This as well as the list.

Um then how come the vid was just posted today? First time I've seen a two tone Veyron in the game. News to me, I'm glad he posted it.

Mate, it was part of the psp intro!!! so don't try and be smart please 👍

Here's an illustration of the Veyron's engine:

bugatti-veyron-16.4-1527.jpg

Looks awesome doesn't it? It's a shame such a car is a standard. :indiff:

Hahaha this thread is alive again. Let us get over with it, yes it really anger a lot of racing fan that the Veyron is left out in favor of trash underpowered suzuki and common Nissan and that stupid love bus Volkswagen. But let us hope they will change there mind by adding a patch soon

Hahaha this thread is alive again. Let us get over with it, yes it really anger a lot of racing fan that the Veyron is left out in favor of trash underpowered suzuki and common Nissan and that stupid love bus Volkswagen. But let us hope they will change there mind by adding a patch soon

Now I just hope it handles well and realistically. Do the physics differ from standard to premium?

I'm pretty disappointed about the standard cars. I'm going to spend my hard-race-earned cash on cars that I can enjoy in full glory. Its a real shame that the Veyron, the fastest & most expensive stock car in the world, isn't premium.
Hopefully the Mc'Laren is a premium, or else I'll be spending the millions of credits that the Veyron is worth on a collection of sucky premium cars. :ouch:

I'm pretty disappointed about the standard cars. I'm going to spend my hard-race-earned cash on cars that I can enjoy in full glory. Its a real shame that the Veyron, the fastest & most expensive stock car in the world, isn't premium.
Hopefully the Mc'Laren is a premium, or else I'll be spending the millions of credits that the Veyron is worth on a collection of sucky premium cars. :ouch:
The McLaren F1 and McLaren Mp4-12C are premium cars. I imported a Veyron from my PSP and it doesn't handle too well. But that may be because I need to change the driving options.

What level do you unlock it at in game and can you choose the colour

Last edited:
The McLaren F1 and McLaren Mp4-12C are premium cars. I imported a Veyron from my PSP and it doesn't handle too well. But that may be because I need to change the driving options.

What level do you unlock it at in game and can you choose the clour

Ah I'm glad to know that the McLaren will be in the game in full glory! 👍
Last thing before I anger the OP; how does the rating system work?

Cheers

So, you can buy the Veyron,.....found this in the used car lot.

DSC00506.jpg

Only problem for me and, this made me chuckle, I didn't have enough A-Spec rep.

DSC00507.jpg

Yeah okay, I didn't quite have enough credits either.

I thought its "Quad Turbo"?

Well i dont care for the Veyron, i think it looks like a Mercedes SLR had sex with a VW Phaeton and its their baby. But i would love to see a EB110 or the Type 57 Bugattis.

Totally agree!!! 👍

So, you can buy the Veyron,.....found this in the used car lot.

DSC00506.jpg

Only problem for me and, this made me chuckle, I didn't have enough A-Spec rep.

DSC00507.jpg

Yeah okay, I didn't quite have enough credits either.

I have this Bugatti for free, I won it by coming first in a championship race in expert section. I actually use Lambo Murc SV to win it.

Edit: I am only A-spec 16 now btw...

Last edited:
I have this Bugatti for free, I won it by coming first in a championship race in expert section. I actually use Lambo Murc SV to win it.

Yes. I just wanted to point out that you can buy it as well. 👍

I've been disappointed with the Bugatti first time around. Then I found out it's bare. It's basically got nothin' on it. So I've maxed tuned one to 1274HP, put some racing hard tires on it and let my level 30 Bob take it for a spin. He's got the 4hr Nurb going and first lap he came in 5.3 seconds ahead of the Super Legaare. 2nd lap is underway and looks like the the Legarre is right on it's heels. Not going to give Bob any help on this one and see how she plays out. If she loses then it's basically a trash car. It will probably lose. 2nd lap came in at 5.9 over the Super L, but of course the tire wear is greater than the rest of the field.

UPDATE:

Well it looks like the whether it wins or not is going to depend on when it pits. It's not getting enough of a lead to maintain the lead through the pit and it's pitting every 3 laps on racing hards. Never-the-less, I want to try it against the competition in "Like The Wind." Wonder if I can RM it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it is not RMable and although pretty fast it will get smashed in "Like the Wind". You need a fast car that could get the turns almost like a train at about 230Kmh or more.

A Bugatti thread??? :drool:

I iz pleased :D

1st of all, I hate that the Veyron is only an standard car :grumpy: ...From all the poor decisions PD made for this game, this has to be one of the poorest... 👎 (from my humble point of view, of course :))

In my opinion, it's a very enjoyable car to drive (when tuned correctly), the sense of speed and acceleration are superb and the engine sound is very accurate, pretty close to the real one :sly: I'm a speed guy, so yes, I'm in love with it 👍 (I have 4 of them :))

And finally, from all the things I'd like to see in coming updates, I'd like to see this beautiful car in premium form :)

Ran a 35.983 time on Daytona Speedway via practice run. Found a setup that literally kills the under steer for the car, giving me the ability to run the Veyron at 260mph around the corners of Daytona.

Hmm people still make out like it needs to be tuned to be any good, I still argue that it is probably the fastest road car, stock, in GT5. You just have to give it a lot of respect and realise how damn fast you are going. I need to do a full comparison but have run it against the McLaren F1, Ford GT, VW Nardo (which is cheating as it's a concept but it's veeery fast) and TVR Speed 12, and the Veyron was at least a second quicker than any of them around Trial Mountain, which is about middling in speed/complexity.

Will try a few others such as the Enzo, 458 Italia, Murci LP-670, LFA, MP4-12C (or whatever it's called) but I honestly don't think anything else will beat it. I need to try them also on a faster more open track eg, High Speed Ring (the Speed 12 should fare a lot better), and a tighter track, perhaps Autumn Ring.

Anyone else tried a full and fair comparison? When I say stock, I fit Sports Soft tyres, oil change and all aids off but leave ABS at 1.

I should point out i'm not a Veyron fanboy, in the "real world" there are many cars I prefer (including the F1), but i'm also adult enough to remain as objective as possible :)

EDIT - OK I realise some of the people saying it needs to be tuned are running it in events against racing cars. I'm not entirely sure why, as it is about as far removed from a race car as you can get, and was never designed with racing in mind, but each to their own.

Ran a 35.983 time on Daytona Speedway via practice run. Found a setup that literally kills the under steer for the car, giving me the ability to run the Veyron at 260mph around the corners of Daytona.

Wow! 260??? :drool: That's sweet :) I'll go for a lap at Daytona to see if I can replicate this ;)

And no... It was not sarcasm... I just happen to like the sound of the car, both on the game an in real life... is that a crime? :nervous:

Wow! 260??? :drool: That's sweet :) I'll go for a lap at Daytona to see if I can replicate this ;)

Well, you're going to need to really mess with suspension setups to find something that works. Based on how much of a massive increase in cornering ability, I'm really debating if I should post the setup publicly, or wait for PSN to come back on and badly bash players online for a while. XD

1st of all, I hate that the Veyron is only an standard car :grumpy: ...From all the poor decisions PD made for this game, this has to be one of the poorest... 👎 (from my humble point of view, of course :))

And finally, from all the things I'd like to see in coming updates, I'd like to see this beautiful car in premium form :)

It wasn't a poor choice by PD. The Veyron didn't deserve to be upgraded to Premium any more than 800 other cars in the game. The Skylines deserve Premium upgrades just as much as the Veyron.

As for whether or not it's a beautiful car, that's definitely not just a matter of opinion but of one that varies very widely. I know lots of people that feel it's one of the most hideous supercars ever produced.

Hmm people still make out like it needs to be tuned to be any good, I still argue that it is probably the fastest road car, stock, in GT5. You just have to give it a lot of respect and realise how damn fast you are going. I need to do a full comparison but have run it against the McLaren F1, Ford GT, VW Nardo (which is cheating as it's a concept but it's veeery fast) and TVR Speed 12, and the Veyron was at least a second quicker than any of them around Trial Mountain, which is about middling in speed/complexity.

See if a stock, un-upgraded Veyron can put in faster laps than the McLaren F1 or Ferrari Enzo (both un-upgraded, as well) around Monaco, Laguna Seca, or the Top Gear test track. If the Veyron is really as good as the Veyron fanboys pretend it to be, it will be faster on these courses as well, and not just on certain courses. The gripes about the Veyron are about its cornering in slower and tighter corners, and if the Veyron has no trouble with these such as the Veyron fans pretend, it should put in faster laps (versus the McLaren and Ferrari) on these circuits, too, and not just on certain specific tracks.

Update:

Well the Bugatti actually won the 4hr Nurb. Here's a problem with the AI. 8 min to go in the race. The Buggati has a 25 sec lead over the Amuse S2000, it decides to pit for new tires but also takes 77 liters to top off the tank! What? 8 min to go in the race and you do what? It looses the lead of course and falls 28 sec behind. Throughout that final lap it came to within 8 secs, then it made up the remaining time no the last straight to win.

Then I decided to see how it would do in like the wind. Remember it's suped up to 1256HP. I take it to Dayton using a DS3. The only change I make is brakes at 7/9. I got spun on the first turn of the 2nd lap because I came in too hot. Most of the race was in 3/4th place. Early on the last lap took 2nd then on the final straight took the lead to win by .992 secs.

Of course Indy is a different animal altogether. Will have to break out the wheel on it. I actually think it can win...but we will see.

Update: Put it on Indy in the Dream Car Championship. Lost by over 15 secs. Laps were in the 49 & 50 seconds area. I believe with a bit of practice the Bugatti can actually win this. It won at Monza and that's where I quit. Satisfied that the Bugatti can win anything in A-spec as "jacked-up" as I've got it. Indy is the toughtest because of the "tight" turns, and it's ability to handle those turns at higher speeds than LM's.

Last edited:
See if a stock, un-upgraded Veyron can put in faster laps than the McLaren F1 or Ferrari Enzo (both un-upgraded, as well) around Monaco, Laguna Seca, or the Top Gear test track. If the Veyron is really as good as the Veyron fanboys pretend it to be, it will be faster on these courses as well, and not just on certain courses. The gripes about the Veyron are about its cornering in slower and tighter corners, and if the Veyron has no trouble with these such as the Veyron fans pretend, it should put in faster laps (versus the McLaren and Ferrari) on these circuits, too, and not just on certain specific tracks.

Did you read the rest of my post? That's exactly what I said I would do, specifically with a faster, wider track, and a smaller, more complex twisty track. I'll then probably put together an aggregate time for each of the cars across all three tracks. Might try Monaco too as it is one of the tracks I know best, so will do the cars justice.

Also regarding fanboyism, see my post again, none of that here :) and I never pretended it was quick around corners, but it's not as slow as some make out, they just forget they are travelling about 50mph faster than usual, still brake in the same zone then dismiss it as understeer.

Anyway will get going on testing now!

Back