Bugatti Veyron Successor: Chiron

United States
South Florida
Organ-Donor
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/bugatti/2018-bugatti-chiron-ar163150.html
2018-bugatti-chiron-2_1600x0w.jpg

2018-bugatti-chironw.jpg

*Revealed*:
http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/29/11132084/bugatti-chiron-announced-geneva-motor-show-2016

http://jalopnik.com/the-incredible-tech-in-the-new-bugatti-chiron-the-worl-1761998342

02_CHIRON_34-front_WEB.0.jpg

05_CHIRON_34-rear_WEB.0.jpg

Bugatti-Chiron-7.jpg

20_CHIRON_steering-wheel_WEB.0.jpg

17_CHIRON_bugatti-line_WEB.0.jpg

Last edited:
Dropping 500 pounds will help, no doubt, but I still don't see the point in making this. Are Bugatti the Apple of Cars? The next one will have 6 wheels, mark my words. :dunce:

1:1 power to weight ratio too, that's impressive. (1600kg:1600hp) That's not particularly heavy as most average RWD and 4WD sedans weight about that.
I think it'll be interesting to see what it can do.

I was unaware that the car in real life suffered form the same afflictions as it did in GT5.

Just a joke =P

In real life it's not nearly as bad. I just don't like the car. My opinion.

Dropping 500 pounds will help, no doubt, but I still don't see the point in making this. Are Bugatti the Apple of Cars? The next one will have 6 wheels, mark my words. :dunce:

They probably want to snub out SSC.

I could not care less about top speed, but this car being lighter makes it a lot more interesting than the other Bugattis. It's still a bit heavy, but at least now the weight is somewhat reasonable, if this information is accurate anyway.

So this is the final direction Bugatti is taking? I kinda hoped the Galibier would be added to the line-up (as a modern-day Royale), followed up by cars more inspired by what made Bugatti famous in the first place.
You know, a modern version of the Atlantic for example, not focussing on ridiculous performance figures but on other key aspects of what makes a Bugatti a proper Bugatti.

%2357374-2004_ABC_President_Rally-12.jpg

bugatti-aerolithe-concept-futuristic-design-01.jpg

Pretty sure the Galibier is coming, but when is uncertain.

As for this SuperVeyron, WOW. It sounds pretty epic, and 288mph? Soon they'll be going for the 300mph mark...

Totally unnecessary, incredibly awesome. Still, Bugattis should be prettier and less technical. Type 57 Atlantic, anyone?

Totally unnecessary, incredibly awesome. Still, Bugattis should be prettier and less technical. Type 57 Atlantic, anyone?

Prettier? Yes, undoubtably. Less technical? No, especially when the something like the Bugatti Atlantic was not only known for it's beauty, but also for the fact that it was one of the most technically-advanced cars of it's day.

If this continues, the Über-Veyron after that won't have a retractable rearwing but retractable sidewings.

And after that, the 13,000 horsepower UltaVeyron, which can hit 16,000,000 miles per hour and go from 0-60 in -5.4 seconds.

If they really do produce this car, one hopes they cure the styling.

They can start by removing the pig snout. Having an homage to classic Bugatti grilles doesnt' work when the most iconic Bugatti of all, the Type 57, had a completely different one.

The projected weight savings sound very interesting.

And after that, the 13,000 horsepower UltaVeyron, which can hit 16,000,000 miles per hour and go from 0-60 in -5.4 seconds.

No way, 13,000 hp is only good for about 150,000 mph. That's pretty low considering a 1977 Voyager 2 was able to reach that speed.

As for the tires holding up, I don't see why they wouldn't. It's not going to stay at that speed for long, tires have already gone past 300 mph, and didn't Bugatti hold the special top speed tires unless they were requested by the customer for a specific one time use? They will probably do the same thing again.

Prettier? Yes, undoubtably. Less technical? No, especially when the something like the Bugatti Atlantic was not only known for it's beauty, but also for the fact that it was one of the most technically-advanced cars of it's day.

I didn't mean that it shouldn't be technically advanced, rather it should be a car purchased based more on emotion. The Veyron is an engineer's dream car, one that pushes the envelope of speed. However, there are many cars that are prettier and more fun to drive, while still being very quick.

I didn't mean that it shouldn't be technically advanced, rather it should be a car purchased based more on emotion. The Veyron is an engineer's dream car, one that pushes the envelope of speed. However, there are many cars that are prettier and more fun to drive, while still being very quick.

I'm not quite sure the engineers were always having fun trying to get the thing up to speed. The shape of the car was locked in before it was optimized right? Then it has an overly complex 16 cylinder engine. I'm sure engineers like a good challenge, but the hallmark of engineering is simplicity, where possible.

Personally, I'd rather work on something like a Radical than a Veyron.

Back