Bugatti VGT? #imaginEBugatti (Update 15/9: So many screenshots!)

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 1,061 comments
When taking the late stages of the VGT project and the PS3 into account, I don't think any of the involved parties would be interested in taking that approach by now. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the remaining VGT cars have either gone into low priority or stalemate for their respective designers. It's dragging out beyond impact and mainstream appeal, so it just needs to be done sooner rather than later, much like GT6 itself. But what do I know.

I would like to think this is PD cooperating with a car manufacturer in relation to an actual concept again. One can hope it's somehow covertly linked to GT7.

When taking the late stages of the VGT project and the PS3 into account, I don't think any of the involved parties would be interested in taking that approach by now. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the remaining VGT cars have either gone into low priority or stalemate for their respective designers. It's dragging out beyond impact and mainstream appeal, so it just needs to be done sooner rather than later, much like GT6 itself. But what do I know.

I would like to think this is PD cooperating with a car manufacturer in relation to an actual concept again. One can hope it's somehow covertly linked to GT7.

If Bugatti indeed join (Kazunori said other manufacturers did), they did it at least a year ago. The majority of released cars so far started production a good time before GT6's release, I personally know that a few sketches trace back to 2012, so probably PD/Manufacturers reached an agreement when the game's development started (late 2011 maybe).

The cars were spaced and timed by a marketing agreement between PD and manufacturers (so they can present it in their own terms if they wish), and this is too the reason you don't see finalized interiors in some, which requires approval as final by the design team/manufacturer, not because they were rushed out of the gate.

It's possible though that some of the remaining builders (and repeated ones) were pushed to VGT's second season on GT7, be it by a 'dying appeal' of GT6 or opportunity.

In the end, they are all actual concepts. And if by actual you meant a working car, there are some too. If you meant working as designed, then there are only a couple I think. But that's the nature of concepts for you, not many reach the stage of full prototype.

This guy believes the teaser is for the new Bugatti Chiron 2018? Although, GT may be collaborating is some way, but not as VGT.

Chiron.JPG

And. This is just a old concept for the Veyron back in 1999.

legacy-news-671-2507.jpg

The couple in the back look ugggly.

Last edited:
If Bugatti indeed join (Kazunori said other manufacturers did), they did it at least a year ago. The majority of released cars so far started production a good time before GT6's release, I personally know that a few sketches trace back to 2012, so probably PD/Manufacturers reached an agreement when the game's development started (late 2011 maybe).

The cars were spaced and timed by a marketing agreement between PD and manufacturers (so they can present it in their own terms if they wish), and this is too the reason you don't see finalized interiors in some, which requires approval as final by the design team/manufacturer, not because they were rushed out of the gate.

It's possible though that some of the remaining builders (and repeated ones) were pushed to VGT's second season on GT7, be it by a 'dying appeal' of GT6 or opportunity.

In the end, they are all actual concepts. And if by actual you meant a working car, there are some too. If you meant working as designed, then there are only a couple I think. But that's the nature of concepts for you, not many reach the stage of full prototype.

Regardless of possible behind the scenes circumstances, I don't see why Bugatti would tease a VGT car like this. The manufacturer logos and sketches within GT6 have been strong forces in terms of generating hype ahead the reveals. People always knew to expect the unexpected, simple and effective. Doing it differently at this point can only lead to widespread disappointment, mainly because VGTs are becoming old news in general.

By actual concepts, I simply mean something distinguished from VGTs. Anything ranging from the GT by Citroën to the camouflaged Corvette C7.

On the description for the #ImagineEBugatti, it says this.
image.jpg

There's 3 lines here that you should keep in mind. "In the endless hunt for speed" "I go beyond reality" and "Imagine the impossible" After reading this, if Bugatti is really planning to enter the VGT program which really sounds like they're mostly likely going to from what we've all learned so far, it might sound like they're hinting out a car that's going to be quite extreme. Whatever they are hinting out, I'm thinking that they're possible VGT car is going to have maybe something like 1600-1800 HP just because of those 3 lines I quoted.

View attachment 432674
There's 3 lines here that you should keep in mind. "In the endless hunt for speed" "I go beyond reality" and "Imagine the impossible" After reading this, if Bugatti is really planning to enter the VGT program which really sounds like they're mostly likely going to from what we've all learned so far, it might sound like they're hinting out a car that's going to be quite extreme. Whatever they are hinting out, I'm thinking that they're possible VGT car is going to have maybe something like 1600-1800 HP just because of those 3 lines I quoted.
Beware: they want to challenge the Tomahawk X.

Imagine, Bugatti VGT seasonal on Sierra for 3 minutes gold!

Beware: they want to challenge the Tomahawk X.

Imagine, Bugatti VGT seasonal on Sierra for 3 minutes gold!
A 1800 Horspower Bugatti won't do much against a Tomahawk X. But no, we need a seasonal event with a car that you can achieve gold by setting a lap time around the Nurb in 1 minute. :lol:

There are "seven"" crew members.... coincidence?

bare in mind a Neo Gaf insider has been hyping the Paris Game Week.

There are "seven"" crew members.... coincidence?

bare in mind a Neo Gaf insider has been hyping the Paris Game Week.
There are seven pit crew members in the picture. 3+4=7 The next Gran Turismo game will be the 7th installment. There's a car in GT6 called the SRT Tomahawk. The Tomahawk has 3 variations. One that has over 2,500 HP known as the SRT Tomahawk X. Bugatti is hinting out about joining the VGT project. If Bugatti does, this will be the first VGT vehicle that we'll get after a whole summer break from new VGT additions. So 3 + 1 = 4 It took 3 Gran Turismo games for PD to transition to the PS2 with their 3rd installment in the Gran Turismo series known as Gran Turismo 3. Now if we were to add the 4 VGT cars with GT1 2 and 3, 4 + 3 = 7. Bugatti wants to go beyond reality. If we were to figure out how much horsepower the Bugatti VGT will have we need to do some more math. 7 x 1000 = 7,000. 7,000 + Bugatti VGT = 7,000 HP. This means that this will be the end for the Tomahawk X in the near future! Bugattinati Confirmed! :D *X-Files theme starts playing.*

we just need amar to drop a hint and it's hype level max.

@amar212 , or @Jordan or @Famine ;)

Personally, I prefer to remain cautious.

I repeat myself, but as long as course maker isn't in GT6, GT7 will not be unveiled. Warning, if GT7 will be present at PGW or PSX, I would be very happy but again, I prefer to stay calm.

Anyway, the thread of NeoGAF shows that GT7 is very much anticipated.

Well guys, you know the drill

VGT"s this great Kazunori vision project will kill Gran Turismo series!

If you think of all the problems GT has THIS is what will kill it, then you clearly haven't looked hard enough.

Now are you gonna actually contribute to the discussion or continue to do your best impression of a broken record?

It is great to see a GT / Bugatti collaboration for... well, for something. If it is a VGT then I pray it is not like the Tomahawk which I just found ridiculous. Those ultra extreme cars to me are no fun. If it is like the Veyron race car that never was then great.

Hopefully this leads to GT7 having some classic Bugattis from 20s-50s. It is a company that I really love, along with Maserati, that is always overlooked in games.

Kaz driving that Bugatti Type 51 could also mean another confirmed car for GT7 but the Pit stop image probably means another VGT is coming to replace Bertone and Alfa Romeo, but I could be wrong....

It is great to see a GT / Bugatti collaboration for... well, for something. If it is a VGT then I pray it is not like the Tomahawk which I just found ridiculous. Those ultra extreme cars to me are no fun. If it is like the Veyron race car that never was then great.

Hopefully this leads to GT7 having some classic Bugattis from 20s-50s. It is a company that I really love, along with Maserati, that is always overlooked in games.
You're expecting a non ridiculous car from Bugatti?

No, of course not. There is Bugatti excess and there is the Tomahawk approach which I cannot enjoy no matter how I try. The Red Bull X and SRT cars are no fun as I think they are too fast.
Just messing with you, I know what you mean. A top speed machine but not to the extent of the srt :)

View attachment 432674

I think it's possible that it may not actually be VGT related. The first image that Bugatti released for imaginEBugatti was simply an image of the logo. But this was the second image

bugatti7gz6y.png

That at least to me doesn't really read like something VGT related. Especially when you take into account the first line from the video description which is "A new chapter begins". It sounds like they're teasing the successor to the Veyron. Of course this is in part me hoping that we're finally at the point where we're going to get to see GT7.

Back