Burnout Paradise HD Remaster

A PS4 and Xbox One remaster yet no mention of PC getting the DLC the PS3/360 versions got that PC never officially had?

...Eh, to be fair, as the sentence implies, we got shafted already :lol:

A PS4 and Xbox One remaster yet no mention of PC getting the DLC the PS3/360 versions got that PC never officially had?

...Eh, to be fair, as the sentence implies, we got shafted already :lol:
I wouldn't give up hope yet. That Brazilian website also mentioned a Switch version after an update.

We'll find out just how real all this is in due time. Hopefully PC doesn't miss out.

It's a shame we get remasters of old classics like this instead of a new game. Burnout Paradise was a great game, and it's still pretty good, but it's available on PC with pretty minimal hardware requirements if people want the nostalgia trip. It's nice that good older games are still available on modern hardware, but it seems to happen at the expense of a new game sometimes.

It's a shame we get remasters of old classics like this instead of a new game. Burnout Paradise was a great game, and it's still pretty good, but it's available on PC with pretty minimal hardware requirements if people want the nostalgia trip. It's nice that good older games are still available on modern hardware, but it seems to happen at the expense of a new game sometimes.
I feel the same way. I want a new map and new cars, inspired by the modern day, not what was devised 10 years ago.

This is EA essentially admitting that they can't recapture the quality with the NFS franchise that Criterion achieved years ago before its founders left for fresh independent pastures to escape them. So they've had to churn out a Modern Warfare style remaster instead.

Whatever happened to the new arcade open world racing game Criterion were working on?

I will admit I'm interested, even though I made a conscious effort to not buy any EA game 10 years ago, which I have been keeping dutifully.

But again, I guess I got kind of spoiled with how racing games play right now, I need cockpit view, motion control steering and free roam, they already got the last part but I wonder about the others.

I'm glad they aren't making a new game on this IP because I'm certain they would find a way to ruin it.

I will admit I'm interested, even though I made a conscious effort to not buy any EA game 10 years ago, which I have been keeping dutifully.

But again, I guess I got kind of spoiled with how racing games play right now, I need cockpit view, motion control steering and free roam, they already got the last part but I wonder about the others.

I'm glad they aren't making a new game on this IP because I'm certain they would find a way to ruin it.

If it's not over priced & you can still use a wheel I'll probably buy it. Even just to have a decent social arcade racer on console.

BP and B3 were the best arcade racers of all time. To get one of them updated after 10 years?? Hell yeah. Not to mention, it is almost 10 years old, and the servers are still kicking! Name another racing game on console that lasted that long.

I preferred Burnout 2 Point of Impact out of the first 3. Always felt the game was too forgiving regards the crash physics on the 3rd one.

The prospect of a remaster of Paradise sounds exciting and my only hope is that it comes with all the DLC as standard. However, because this is an EA-published game and EA are a bunch of cancerous, greedy 🤬 with an agenda to bleed money from players, it would be best to keep expectations very, very low.

I know I'm dreaming when I say this, but imagine a burnout master collection, all of the burnout games remastered to current gen consoles. I know it's a long shot but one can dream and pray.:bowdown:

Yassss! Give me the original burnout please!!!!!

A new game would be great but a remaster of a game that's almost a decade old? Not needed for me. The Crew 2 and Forza Horizon 4 are all the open world arcade racers I would possibly need in 2018.

A new game would be great but a remaster of a game that's almost a decade old? Not needed for me. The Crew 2 and Forza Horizon 4 are all the open world arcade racers I would possibly need in 2018.

Crew kind of sucks and Forza isn't on PS4. BP was an awesome game and nobody has made a new version of that game so it's not too bad to get a remastered version. Especially since my PS3 won't play the original game anymore for whatever reason.

Because you have already played the upcoming game, right? :rolleyes:
The thing is when an opening title falls flat and needs a fair amount of updates to have some oomph! to it, it kinda makes it hard to fully invest in the sequel. If it comes out the box strong I'll probably buy it, BP will be bought regardless however.

The thing is when an opening title falls flat and needs a fair amount of updates to have some oomph! to it, it kinda makes it hard to fully invest in the sequel. If it comes out the box strong I'll probably buy it, BP will be bought regardless however.

Exactly. The first Crew fell really flat out of the box. I bought it with great intentions but for myself I was not having any fun with the game and even after a few updates I still wasn't able to get any real joy out of the game. The 2nd game(Crew2) looks a whole lot like more of the same with some new features. It won't make my buy list because nothing about it seems any more interesting than the last game.

None of the arcade racers have captured my imagination like Burnout Paradise, NFS Hot Pursuit 2 or Forza Horizon. But as stated I can't play Forza because no xbox, I only get to play it every now and then at a friends house. NFS HP2 had the best arcade game driving physics ever and the most fun game play on PS2. BP felt like NFSHP2 but had more carnage and a ton of things to do against your friends even when you and your friends weren't even online at the same time. The road rules portion of BP took up a crap load of my time and I loved it.

So yeah, I like the idea of a remaster because they obviously won't make a new one.

Oh so on the fence with this one, on one hand I loved this game, managed to get Gold Skins for every vehicle which I vaguely remember as being something of a challenge at the time, the game was also one of the first online 'racing' games that I spent any length of time playing. Loved the multiplayer challenge set-up the game used and many many hours were spent playing this game.... on the other hand EA.

That's it in one simple two letter word. EA. I see lots of people hoping for a good, clean, update that keeps the best bits, fixes the worst bits, updates the bits that are a bit dated and is set at a fair price to buy and doesn't have ANY of the recent lootbox, pay to win, pay to mod, microtransaction rubbish that has become the mainstay of modern gaming... but EA.

From the game, I would want everything the EXACT original game had... except...

- 16 player lobbies
- an ability to place more than 15 checkpoints in races
- an ability for multiple laps to be done
- ability to ban certain cars from races (Nighthawk...)
- NOT having the Uberschall's body panels fall off and being made of paper maché

If all of those changes were done, then the game would be perfect.

Last edited:
Its weird with those kinds of rumors, because at the beginning i kind of liked it.
But the more i think about it, the more i really like it.. and.. wait a moment.. yeah, now i must have it.
Damn you rumors of very good game releases.

Just done this on Burnout 3. Quite proud of myself, most Takedowns I've ever gotten. I know it's Burnout 3 but let's just say I'm prepping for Burnout Paradise Remastered even though they're a bit different to each other.

image.jpeg

I mean, I almost see why they aren't doing a PC version, despite 60 FPS and 4K, the graphics don't seem too different.
...Except it still has all of the DLC.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/burnout/burnout-paradise-remastered/news/dlc-details
The Time Savers Pack is out, but that just unlocked all the existing cars. It was basically a cheat code. Who even uses cheat codes now?
Hackers do.

...Also, chances are EA will just make it a separate DLC, just seems like too much of an EA thing to do

Latest Posts

Back