Burnout Paradise HD Remaster

As much as I love Burnout Paradise, I don't know why I would buy this. I still have my PS3 and my copy of the original for which I bought all the DLC back in the day, and I can still play that whenever i want to. The graphics on this "remaster" look practically identical to how they did back then, so what reason do I have to buy this again, especially from EA?

I believe they've already fixed that "up to four players" thing the article mentions - the only mention I've found of the word "four" is related to the number of motorbikes, which would be accurate, and it does indeed say "up to eight players".

It's even just about in the price range where I said I'd get it if it came with all the DLC, and guess what?

I believe they've already fixed that "up to four players" thing the article mentions - the only mention I've found of the word "four" is related to the number of motorbikes, which would be accurate, and it does indeed say "up to eight players".

It's even just about in the price range where I said I'd get it if it came with all the DLC, and guess what?

I knew that 'up to four players' thing was bogus, because that'd be pretty stupid cutting off a whole swack of Freeburn challenges that came baked into the game and were added upon in the other expansions.

Man, this is tempting. BP might be my favourite racing game ever, but I've already bought it 3 times and I really hate EA at the moment. The price is pretty good and it'll probably go down a bit until launch... I might end up getting this. Would be a good excuse to finally get that P12 Diamond.

To me this “remaster” looks like the Ultimate Box Version with all DLC added to it. I own the console and PC version of this game, the graphics look upscaled to 4K, however, they didn’t take into account the texture resolutions or colors of the game.

If you own Burnout Paradise already I don’t suggest you get this one, it’ll be identical to the game they sold in 2008 and 2009 Cagney.

* Word to note that most of the DLC are not unlockables you get them straight out the bat in the normal game, except for the Big Surf Island Expansion. Which is where you have to unlock the Toy versions of the Legendary cars.

Last edited:
I have a copy on the XBox 360, didn't purchase any DLC's. I will very likely get the Remaster for the DLCs and the Remaster treatment (and so I won't have to hear how noisy the 360 is!).

It looks like they changed just enough things that you could tell something is different, but it's kinda hard to tell what in particular. The models are unchanged, but I think the textures were touched up. Gonna go back to the original for a bit in order to confirm what's changed.

I just bought BP on steam during the recent sale, 3,50 and i was almost shocked how well it aged, loved every single minute of this "non-remastered" version. It just still feels amazing to play. Not sure i want/need the remaster now? I guess?

Edit: not sure if the dlc works to be honest and if i got the DLC with my purchase

Was games with gold sometime last year on xbox, plus ultimate box is probably buttons nowadays on xbox.

I'm still on PS3 and need help with freeburn challenges hit me up.

Do we have to play burnout paradise?

Last edited:
I just bought BP on steam during the recent sale, 3,50 and i was almost shocked how well it aged, loved every single minute of this "non-remastered" version. It just still feels amazing to play. Not sure i want/need the remaster now? I guess?

Edit: not sure if the dlc works to be honest and if i got the DLC with my purchase
There's some weird process of getting the DLC that I've yet to figure out.

Take me down to the offic-ial trai-ler.
It's been remastered and it better not be a fai-lure.
Oooh take me home.

Seems to be no word of a boxed release yet though so I'll wait and see what develops before I decide what to do.

Who am I kidding. At £34.99 I can't wait for 16 March. Just a case of where I buy it from. :D

If you own Burnout Paradise already I don’t suggest you get this one, it’ll be identical to the game they sold in 2008 and 2009 Cagney.

For those who already have Burnout Paradise on PC, then yeah, I'd say it's a waste. But those with a PS4 and/or XB1 may appreciate the chance to play a previous generation game on their current consoles. (Though I was hoping we'd see more improvements than just textures.)

EDIT: Maybe not a complete waste for PC actually, I forgot about the DLC.

Last edited:
How can they charge fullprice for this, do not buy it people let's hope we don't have loot boxes
I think it's just impossible to put microtransactions in Burnout Paradise, but since I don't like EA as much anymore because of how they treat their own customers, so the hype is pretty abysmal if you think about it.

How can they charge fullprice for this, do not buy it people let's hope we don't have loot boxes

To be fair, there are many reasons why people may decide not to buy this, including the price level, but the last time £34.99 was the RRP for a full price game on the Playstation, the PS4 hadn't even been released. The normal PS4 full price at release has been £50 OR £55 for the lifetime of the PS4, except for Remasters, which is why I hardly ever buy a game new on PS4 as I consider that too expensive personally.

This pricing seems to equate more towards the £30 that was the release price for Rockstar's recent remaster of LA Noire.

That's the PC version running in 4K/60FPS. This remaster might look like this on consoles, even though the older consoles the game doesn't look to bad in 1080 or 720p.

That's the PC version running in 4K/60FPS. This remaster might look like this on consoles, even though the older consoles the game doesn't look to bad in 1080 or 720p.

The new version has new car shaders...the washed out look is gone.

burnout-paradise-remastered-b.jpg

The new version has new car shaders...the washed out look is gone.
But people have made graphics mods too that eliminates that look. Like I said before it's not really worth it if you bought the game more than once.

But people have made graphics mods too that eliminates that look. Like I said before it's not really worth it if you bought the game more than once.

I've completed it twice back in 2011, and dont mind doing it again...

But those with a PS4 and/or XB1 may appreciate the chance to play a previous generation game on their current consoles.
XB1 you can play with the retrocompatibility for quite a while.

I like this game, but I am not that thrilled for it. I am already against this horrible trend of excessive last gen remasters taking place of new games. Some people say that they are developed with smaller teams and budget while a grand game is coming and I can understand this idea, but what I see is loads of unnecessary remasters just because people are willing to buy the same game over and over.

Even though I am fine hooking a PS2 to play a older game, I am not against remasters of PS2 and older games, especially rhythm games which are near impossible to play with the input lag of newer televisions, so I can understand the appeal for this. For me, the best remasters were dotHack (a episodic game made late in the PS2 cycle which is expensive to play with the original hardware, especially the final episode, which is one of the most expensive PS2 games to buy) and Parappa the Rapper (I love this music game and it is a very well known PS1 game that it is impossible to properly play on modern televisions, but it received backlash for being short. Unfortunately it proved what the director said years ago about continuing the series, which he refused because gamers wouldnt receive this game well today, even though the game released with reduced price. People just cant accept a game being just fun and encouraging replayability without deep storylines or a competitive scene.) Even though I dont like the muted colors of N. Sane Trilogy, I am happy that it wasnt another last-gen game lazily ported with the "Remastered" or "Definitive Edition" tacked on...

Back