Buttkicker Options - Experience Needed

• Thread starter readyfe
  • 308 comments
Wow! I just checked shipping status on the pucks I ordered yesterday and their on vehicle out for delivery already :embarrassed: I'll have toys on the porch when I get home from work :)

Wow! I just checked shipping status on the pucks I ordered yesterday and their on vehicle out for delivery already :embarrassed: I'll have toys on the porch when I get home from work :)

Nice let us know how you get on.
I blew nearly £500 Last night on a Clarke Tactile 429 Prosound - inc amp.

Never ending this it seems....

Just made an enquiry to SimXperience on the Stage III & IV kits shipped to Sydney, Australia... fingers crossed it is a realistic price!

Mr Latte
Nice let us know how you get on.
I blew nearly £500 Last night on a Clarke Tactile 429 Prosound - inc amp.

Never ending this it seems....

Will do, not as easy getting the pucks up under the covering of my seat but not impossible. I may try one of those Clark tactiles out sooner or later, only con I have is where to place it due to their size but their frequency range is wider than the Buttkickers and that makes me curious about them.

Will do, not as easy getting the pucks up under the covering of my seat but not impossible. I may try one of those Clark tactiles out sooner or later, only con I have is where to place it due to their size but their frequency range is wider than the Buttkickers and that makes me curious about them.

Yeah might be tricky on some seats and think you will have to wrap them in something too.

Wow, bringin out the BIG GUNS! I want pics if you get one

Yeah mate, it's in the works -look it's not cheap but much cheaper than a d-box set up. I just got an email from them with the floor dimensions as I need to work into my space requirements.

I was going to upgrade the projector to a Panasonic PT-AE7000 but am thinking the money could be best spent on this. I know I'm going to do it at some point, may as well not waste time, the upgraded projector can wait..!

Yeah might be tricky on some seats and think you will have to wrap them in something too.

Was playing with my pucks today lol!
IMG_1681.jpg

Yep this will be done in a unique fashion 💡 stay tuned ;)

Keep us informed on your SimXperience readyfe.

Edit: Came up with a better solution...Bought some foam to replace the area I removed and will be making an access panel incase the puck goes bad and I need to get at it.
IMG_1721.jpg

Last edited:
4ohms is good @ 100w
What seems odd this only weighs 4.2kg which is very light.
Makes me question not so much the build but quality of the amplifers and transformer.

You should look for a model that has MULTICHANNEL inputs and possibly 4 or 6ohm switching. Particularly so if your considering "Simvibe" as it will utilise multiple outputs needing at least 4 channels or multiple stereo amplifers.

Look for magazines/forums in your region that have done comparisons/reviews.
Yamaha/Denon/Onkyo/Sony/Pioneer usually compete fairly well in the low-mid price market.

Last edited:
Ok so I've been doing a little math calculating my energy needs since I have more equipment coming and found that I'm gonna have to change some wire and outlets or better yet add a dedicated circuit/circuits for my rig/audio equipment. I have a 100 amp circuit and I'm gonna have to see if my breaker box can handle more (at work now and can't look). Fortunately my dad is still alive and is a retired electrician and I'll defer to his experience on a solution to add or re-organize my grid. Just something to think about when you start adding major wattage to your system.

Edit: Sorted out, dedicated 20amp circuit for my current needs and ran a 2nd for future needs lol. Keeping my eye out for a Furman 20amp power conditioner now.

Last edited:
Here's what I've fabricated for the pucks and I threw in a Clark Silver too :crazy: Gotta put the finishing touches to it yet.

IMG_1726.jpg

If nothing else I should receive a 5 star side impact rating!

You are keeping busy hee hee.

Keep us posted on the performance of the Silver and how this layout works for you.

Mr Latte
You are keeping busy hee hee.

Keep us posted on the performance of the Silver and how this layout works for you.

Ya been a very busy guy, gonna work on wire management of seat today. Have tripled my tactile, amplification, and equalization over the last week and a half :) Also before someone critiques the use of the Silver in vertical position (product manual says only horizontal mounting) I've contacted Clark and they've assured me that it is perfectly ok to mount it this way but not the Platinum due to its magnet size.

illonioum had a problem with a "silver" on his rig but not sure if it was due to mounting or it just went defective.

I would not recommend you mount it other than horizontal unless they send you in writing that they will honour the warranty.

The specs to the TST209 are similar with the "Silver" having more raw force. You can buy dual T209 for about the same price though and get more performance although this doesn't suit all installations or peoples setups possibly including your own.

Mr Latte
I would not recommend you mount it other than horizontal unless they send you in writing that they will honour the warranty.

Email sent to Clark Synthesis:

I bought a Clark Synthesis 239 with the plan to mount it on the back
of my gaming seat but just saw now that it cannot be mounted in a
vertical position, why is this??? I should be receiving it this week
from an ebay seller and now fear I'm stuck with a transducer that I
cannot use. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

From Clark:

You can mount it vertically. The Silver and Gold can be mounted either
way, the silver because it has several smaller magnets. The Platinum
cannot be mounted Vertically because the magnet is so powerful it
would beat the transducer to death and have no longevity. The Silver
has several little magnets so you will be ok.

Thanks,

Cheryl
Cheryl Sanders
Office Manager
Clark Synthesis, Inc
12905 Division Street Suite B
Littleton, Co 80125
Tel: 303-797-7500
Fax: 303-797-7501
www.clarksynthesis.com

"The Worldwide Leader in High Fidelity Tactile Sound Technology for
Home Theater, ProSound, Simulation, Gaming, Deck, Pool and Spa."

This was good enough for me to give it a go lol.

I'd get a second opinion on that to be sure.
The manual clearly states the gold and all weather model can be vertically mounted.
Notice those are fully enclosed models as is the one for Parts Express T209 which can also be mounted vertically.

Just seems odd mate.

Too late for that now Latte, half way done putting seat back together. Besides if it blows up I'm sure they'll refund me or send me a new one once I send them a copy of they're managers email. Thanx for your concern though, cheers.

Ps. I didn't use the wood mounts I made for the pucks but I did put some cork on the bottom of one and it makes a great beer coaster lol.

Last edited:
Maybe they have changed something within the product but the manuals certainly have not been updated with shipped products that I am aware of or certainly online to backup "Cheryl Sanders" comment.

I would PM illonioum and ask him if his was installed the same way. Either way it is your gamble and I'm only trying to save you from a product failure. Of course though some lass in an office could never be wrong. :)

Well I'm in the process of designing a polycarbonate floor for my GamePod to run the D-Box 4250i (4DOF) set up.

This is first revision, I will make it so the mounting points are larger and trapezium shaped for a larger mounting position and still need to draw up mounting holes to the frame, mounting points for the harness and curving all square corners.

The GamePod frame is about 1230mm in length but making this about 1350mm as my seat overhangs the rear of the frame by about 120mm so this way the actuators are not by my side but rather still behind me.

If there's no issue with having them by my side then I can make shorter aligned with the length of the frame - maybe Mayaman - thoughts on this ?

Attachments

• D-Box 1350x610 - Short.pdf
    45.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Ya, and that Clark adds a WHOLE new dimension! I still have to attach 1 mini and 1 Advanced yet...it's gonna be amazing! Currently switched over to the rear surround speaker bracket today, just finished cutting all the pieces but have a lot of precision drilling to do. Called it quits for the day, have to work in the morning. Any word on your motion parts?

I've been keeping on the down low as I don't want to make noise and disapear, but the 4DOF d-box was ordered this morning. Getting the D-Box 4250i.

Decided to hold off my tactile expansion until the D-Box is in place and only run the BK-Advanced under the seat with LFE signal.

I havent been able to get the L&R working as I'd hoped without a lot of messing around and obviously restricted mounting positions. So rather than tinker away, going to save my efforts for the motion challenge that lies ahead.

Glad to hear its on it's way! I haven't looked into motion much, it's not practical for me at the present. I am looking fwd to seeing yours come together, keep us informed.

Maybe they have changed something within the product but the manuals certainly have not been updated with shipped products that I am aware of or certainly online to backup "Cheryl Sanders" comment.

I would PM illonioum and ask him if his was installed the same way. Either way it is your gamble and I'm only trying to save you from a product failure. Of course though some lass in an office could never be wrong. :)

Good god man, call it a test then. IIRC you've done a test or two yourself.

Good god man, call it a test then. IIRC you've done a test or two yourself.

You miss the point, their is testing and their is following instructions.
If the lady in the office is right then wonderful, if not then good luck.
NQh4p.jpg

Back