Buying Another ATC 200X

• Thread starter Slash
  • 115 comments
Got the owner of the 200X down to $175. He's starting to get desperate to get rid of it.

Also CGG, he said he's sell you an running ATC 110 for $200 lmao

I have an 85 200x and an 85 200m big red that I am looking to sell as well, I'm tired of craigslist getting ******** offers. Know of any good sites to put them on ? The 200x is a beast which the top has been rebuilt. I love them both , but have twin girls now n gotta off load them

I know of a few guys including myself that would buy them (I can't ATM, shortly I will be able to though). My buddy just bought a Big Red and I'd be willing to bet a few of my friends would be willing to buy a decent X.

I absolutely love the '85 I have, that thing is nasty.

You're from Lancaster? That's literally like right down the road from me. I go up there all the time to the race track. Assuming you mean Lancaster NY.

No Lancaster Pa , bout 1.5 maybe 2 hrs away . I have 2 200x , both are nasty n I love both of them but its time to get rid of big red n the 200x. Both fire up right away and run like champs! I'm sad to see them go , cause the ones you find lately are beat up or in parts.

I see. Still though that's not that far away.

Mine is all original and still fires right up. Great shape. Honda sold millions though so they are prone to general neglect. They are epic trail bikes.

Still contemplating on this one. Not sure if he still has t though as I haven't talked to him lately. If not i might just pick a somewhat complete bike up off of Craigslist for a few hundred more. No matter how I get ahold of it, it's going to cost around $1,500 all around anyways.

Yep, they are in my phone. I'll upload them tomorrow.

Sounds good, I'd like to see it. What color is it?

I'm wondering how it would perform next to our X. I'm assuming pretty similar as they seem to have similar numbers though its easily 100lbs heavier.

I'm not too familiar with Yamaha though. I assume its a 6 speed with a manual clutch correct?

Last edited:
Yep, 6 spd. manual and it hauls some serious ass. Very quick bike.

2K (firm) and it can be yours.

2raptor350_zps808eb633.jpg

1raptor350_zpsf3ea58b7.jpg

It's not perfect, (in fact, it will need a battery. It has only been run a few times this year), but it is below the market value (in this area) by roughly $750 - $1000

Man that's very tempting. My 200X is stupidly quick, so I hope it could keep up :lol:. I do have a few questions though.

~ Have you done anything to it modification wise? Just by the looks of it, the swingarm and shocks look to be replaced.
~ Are the tires original?
~ What size are the tires (ex 22x11.5r8)
~ Any idea what shipping would cost?

I basically ask because once those back ones wear out, I have a set off my 200X (originals for that) that I would like to use up. Problem is, I don't know if the hub assembly on this will bolt up to an aluminum wheel that came on the X.

Are you in any hurry to get rid of it? I'm really shorthanded on cash right now, and shipping that I'm sure if going to be incredibly expensive.

I'm interested and I dig the colors, but as I said, I'm shorthanded on cash right now and I don't really know a lot about Yamaha ATV's.

Last edited:
It's got a Pivot Works rear-end and GYT-R shocks. Those are the only mods. The original rear got smoked by the previous owner. I did replace the drive chain and guide on it this spring also. Tires were replaced by the previous owner (not 100% sure on the size). Note ... when he did them, you'll notice that the left front one is facing the wrong direction. I was going to switch it back, but really never found the time to do so.

I'm not pushing to sell it, it's basically word of mouth. I've not really mentioned it to a whole lot of people either, just a handful. If it goes, it goes. If not, no biggie. I can guarantee you that it can / will run with that 200X. This thing is stupid quick and will toss you off of it if your not paying attention. I know, I almost lost it once.

Your in western N.Y. correct ? I'm in N.E. Ohio. That's not a big distance to cover. 4 hrs., roughly. I'd be willing to do a half way point ... some where in N.W. Pa. (Erie) That's if you are seriously interested.

Last edited:
Well I know the aftermarket world for these is huge, especially since the same engine is used on the 350 Warrior (as far as I know).

Sounds good, I'll see if I can figuring something out eventually if I go through with it. I just don't want shipping to break the bank. It was going to be hard enough to save up to build another X.

This should be interesting :lol: Similar specs, so I would imagine that it can keep up. It's been along time since I rode one of these lol. I wasn't driving though. What's it top out at? I got the X up to 65 once pushing it incredibly hard, otherwise it's generally topped out at 55/60 with the tires I have on it. It's hard to keep the front end down through the first 3 gears lol. That 6th gear will really help it since it has the higher weight.

Your in western N.Y. correct ? I'm in N.E. Ohio. That's not a big distance to cover. 4 hrs., roughly. I'd be willing to do a half way point ... some where in N.W. Pa. (Erie) That's if you are seriously interested.

I just don't want shipping to break the bank.

Not picking it up via truck would be dumb, less than a hundred bucks for gas and lunch at a family diner. ; )

It's hard to keep the front end down through the first 3 gears lol.

If my higher horsepower, lighter weight 230 barely wants to power wheelie in 1st, no way in hell a 200X is going to bring the front end up by itself in 2nd let alone 3rd.:P

If you're getting a Yamaha ATV, then why not the Banshee? Fast, and it can be had for 2k as well.

It has been up to around 65 mph. The 1st four gears will jerk the front tires off the ground. If not careful, you'll easily pull it back over you. 1st and 2nd are real strong, 3rd and 4th are also attention getters. It starts cruising in 5th and 6th. Rarely (my time with it) has it ever seen 6th.

I've only had it for a little less than 2yrs. I got into it at a very reasonable price. The previous owner (late teen) knocked up a chick and needed to sell it fast for cash. My kid knew this guy, that's how I got turned on to it. I just don't ride it a whole lot. If and when I need a 4 wheeler, I usually steal the wifes Polaris Sportsman. It's more of a sport quad and gives me more riding options to carry things around. If and when I do sell it, I will be looking at a sport quad, it's more practical for me.

That would be the ideal way to do it. Also, I have friends that are in Lima attending school, so next time they come up I could just give them the cash and have them pick it up and bring it back.

Not picking it up via truck would be dumb, less than a hundred bucks for gas and lunch at a family diner. ; )

If the truck was on the rode and in good shape, I'd have my dad drive down and get it on a weekend.

If my higher horsepower, lighter weight 230 barely wants to power wheelie in 1st, no way in hell a 200X is going to bring the front end up by itself in 2nd let alone 3rd.:P

The weight distribution is totally different though. Mine weighs maybe 50 pounds in the front, while me and the rest of the bike is the back. I'm not saying it will launch the front end up 6 feet in the air, but it likes to glide along the top of the grass until 4th, then it's fine. That's on an insanely hard launch though.

If you're getting a Yamaha ATV, then why not the Banshee? Fast, and it can be had for 2k as well.

I'm not much into 2 strokes honestly. I mean they are cool, but EVERYONE here has one.

It has been up to around 65 mph. The 1st four gears will jerk the front tires off the ground. If not careful, you'll easily pull it back over you. 1st and 2nd are real strong, 3rd and 4th are also attention getters. It starts cruising in 5th and 6th. Rarely (my time with it) has it ever seen 6th.

That sounds pretty similar to the X. By the time I hit 5th, I'm cruising. This is actually pretty weak for an X and he's moving pretty good. The 300EX is also heavily modded whereas the X and Foreman are stock.

Moving pretty good here as well.

I've only had it for a little less than 2yrs. I got into it at a very reasonable price. The previous owner (late teen) knocked up a chick and needed to sell it fast for cash. My kid knew this guy, that's how I got turned on to it. I just don't ride it a whole lot. If and when I need a 4 wheeler, I usually steal the wifes Polaris Sportsman. It's more of a sport quad and gives me more riding options to carry things around. If and when I do sell it, I will be looking at a sport quad, it's more practical for me.

I have a few friends that have Sportsmans. Nice wheelers for sure. They will go through a lot.

Last edited:
Hmmm...red or white on a first gen...which do you guys prefer? Red, white and blue (top is stock '85), next 2 under that are 83/84. The whites are 33-85 with 86 decals.

082009_ED_060.jpg

honda-1983-atc200x-threewheeler.jpg

DSC01033.jpg

white200x001.jpg
white200x002.jpg
white200x003.jpg
white200x004.jpg

I like them both, but I would just stick to the livery of the one you get/have got. Just keep the livery of the year it was made and it'll be great!

We'll the one I have which is identical to the very first picture has all the original livery so I have one that is that way already. I really like the white but as most people have pointed out it will look dirty really easily. I'd probably make it a garage queen lmao.

Maybe I'll just see if I can find a second generation trike later one, since those came factory as white. Here's the second gens. The only issue here is parts availability.

104953218_4thumb_550x410.jpg

picture.JPG

1987 (Key and kick start)

ebay12705339.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Last edited:
Back