Buying Another ATC 200X

• Thread starter Slash
  • 115 comments
I'm willing to bet for stupid cheap you could get one and restore. Maybe you should and then we can restore our bikes together.

I wish, the only one I can find in England is already built. I can't find another for sale. Send one to me in an envelope.

What would be your budget importing one from America? I imagine cost for shipping would be pretty pricey.

Maybe you should expand to different models? I have a pretty good knowledge of them all and could help you if you got stuck. Maybe a ATC 90 or a 110.

I can't afford import. I can barely afford shipping on 1/32 scale wheels. I'll look into it, by I'm not going bigger than 90, too big.

Why not? That's when the fun kicks in lol. I know 8 year olds that ride 450's no problem lol.

I mean Honda has endless models that you can pick from if you expand yourself. Even if you get a dirtbike or something ya know. Just something to toy around on during the weekends or something.

I'm taking this one seriously but I don't really care how long it takes to do as long as it's done right and done well. I really want it to scream that I cared about doing it when it's all done. If it takes me polishing the plastics then I will do it.

Well... I heard that British 50cc engines were the same as 500cc engines in US. No I'm just a bit scared really.

No not even close lol, a 50cc is a 50cc last I knew....that's halarious!

If that was the case then you're little 70 would do like 85mph XD

Closer to 95mph. I love the size of the little 70, you can fit it in your pocket compared to our 200's

Your's only does like 35.....that's what the exact same one does here lol

Yeah it's cool because it's small but the 200X is mad comfortable and the suspension is really smooth/soft. You hit a rock and it sort of glides over it. Fantastic experience and they aren't too fast. Just ride. Plus they have a perfect balance point for wheelies. I can walk it through all 5 gears on one-wheel wheelies.

I had a wheelie bar on my 200X. I took it off because I thought it looked dumb with it on it. 35 is to slow for me I think. My go-cart with 6 hp does 35 and it doesn't feel fast enough. The 200X is like the perfect combination. If you ever get a chance to ride on I'd totally recommend it. I think you'd really like it. It doesn't feel that fast because you're on a larger bike. It's similar to how 35mph feels on the ATC 70, only it's a bigger bike and way more comfortable.

Yeah it has a similar effect to that. Doing 40 feels like your not really moving, only a little air flows past your ears. The numbers sound high but when you're actually on it, its not that bad. See this video.

I think he does about 35-40 tops here, maybe little more but it looks faster because it's on a camera.No full throttle either.

I see what you mean. Bigger bike, bigger wheels etc. I don't know. I would love to buy one, but I can't justify it.

Totally worth it IMO, if I were you I'd look into getting a 200X. You might really like it and they are insanely popular. Very easy to find.

Sounds good. Would be sweet if you bought one.

Anyone esle opinions and ideas on my wheelers?

I've looked, and I'm gonna do more searching on an ATC70 (yes Slash a little one) to see if I can find a frame with forks front wheels rear axle and wheels eye. No engine or body and that. My dad might actually let me do this, as a sort of test, becaus ei don't think he thinks I can be bothered to build something like this, so if I prove I can build this now, I might show him that I could build my beetle. Everyone is a winner.

That actually sounds like a good idea. Sort of scrounge around for parts and build one from nothing. I like that idea. Parts shouldn't be too expensive and shouldn't be too hard to find. Go do it bro, then we can share each others progress. Of course make sure your dad approves. If and when I finish this I might get a little 70 to tinker around on. Cheaper than buying an XR200 like my original plan was.

Price is where I'm coming from. I'm going to really push to clear out the garage, it's a mess, put loads of effort in, then he can't refuse. Space for working on it, and I've been a really big help at clearing it out.

eBay is brilliant, I can pick up every part for a good price. Only issue is there isn't a frame etc on there. I guess I'll have to keep searching the web, and wait. Stuff cars. I want honda trikes.

cgg
Price is where I'm coming from. I'm going to really push to clear out the garage, it's a mess, put loads of effort in, then he can't refuse. Space for working on it, and I've been a really big help at clearing it out.

The question now is, do you plan on keeping it or selling it when it's done? Because that decision can affect how much money you'll put into it.

Personally I'd keep it, buy a cheap engine and have some fun with it. I don't think he'll have an issue with it, but what do I know lol. It's not like they are huge bikes, a ATC 70 is very small

And yes Ebay is a great place. Getting a frame shouldn't be too hard, I'd just search the piss out of it. Scrounge around forums and ask around if you need to.

I feel the same. Screw cars, I want me a second/third trike.

EDIT:

Quick ebay search got me 3 mint condition ATC 70's ranging from $355-$450 and the highest one was $700. Then they had a bike they wanted $167 for. The rare blue model.

Last edited:
I will keep it. But a modern 70cc engine in it, and chane it or an original when I do choose to sell it. A modern one will be the same, just maybe a bit better because its newer. They are almost exactly the same though. My dad bough one, so why can't I? My brother and sister both have ars, so why can't I have a trike? I bet he couldn't answer those.

They are absolutely fantastic. I recommend them.

There's only one 70 on eBay in England, that's really nice, but I would like to start with te basics, an build it up.

cgg
I will keep it. But a modern 70cc engine in it, and chane it or an original when I do choose to sell it. A modern one will be the same, just maybe a bit better because its newer. They are almost exactly the same though. My dad bough one, so why can't I? My brother and sister both have ars, so why can't I have a trike? I bet he couldn't answer those.
Keep the original 70cc engine, it will make it worth more. I just did an ebay search, and I got 3 of them between $350-$450 and the hiesghest for a mint condition was $700. Those were all running an rideable. The other one they wanted $176 for and it was the rare blue model. I'd built them one iif they wanted one.
I want one now...LOL seems like fun. My mom said she grew up on them.
Most people did.
cgg
They are absolutely fantastic. I recommend them.

You can beat the snot out of them and they still run....the one I have now is damn near 30 years old, has been rolled, flipped you name it, still runs strong as new and doesn't smoke one bit. I also recommend one.

@mich

That was the $700 one I was talking about. The rest were around $350-$450 except the blue one.

Why can you get them in US? I literally want one like the one that you showed me, but it can be in a worse condition. No better though. Is anyone selling a frame with swing arm forks and wheels?

Because they were so popular over here they literally sold in droves. The 200X was a revolution as well as the 250R. You can literally grab any one you want off Ebay pretty cheap. 350X's go for around $1,500-$2,000 but I've seen smaller models like the 200X go for almost $5,000.

There wasn't many in worse condition lol, most of them looked like that and then lots of parts.

Yes, there was lots of wheels, carbs, front ends, engines, tires. don't think I saw a frame but I saw one that had wheels on it still and the plastics came with it. Think they wanted like $100 for it

Heres my results, I hope this link works for you.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=honda+atc+70&_ipg=200&rt=nc

I'm coming over, buying all the parts like that, then coming home lol. I guess I'll just have to wait until one comes about.

I'll talk tomorrow, I need sleep.

Back