Cafe Menu 43

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 139 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
I looked to see if this already discussed, but can't see anything and am a bit surprised!

Have only tried Red Bull Ring but can't get better than 5th..... and that's in my star PP800 car the CLK-LM that usually wins by miles in other PP800 races.

Have tried a one-stop (FM1) and a no-stop (FM6) - doesn't make any difference, miles behind the winner.

The 4 in front are Gr.1 cars. I tried dropping PP all the way down to 800 on a couple (the Jag Gr1 and a Porsche) but it makes them really slow.
They can do the race with no stops, but they ended up much slower than the CLK.

Anyone have any tips????

Last edited:
I used the R92CP on RH. Just a power restrictor IIRC. If that was still too high then I will have dropped the ECU to get lower.

Was straightforward FM1 / No Stops.
I will have to try that, thanks for the tip!

I won it easily in the CLK though. I'm also an average racer.
Did you add weight or drop the HP?

Last edited:
I used the R92CP on RH. Just a power restrictor IIRC. If that was still too high then I will have dropped the ECU to get lower.

Was straightforward FM1 / No Stops.
This was my tactic too but I had heavy rain so needed to stop for wets, but because I didn’t need fuel I jumped P1 in the pit stop then went on to an easy win

I used Praiano's tune for the Porsche 962 and lapped everyone up to 8th. Did have to stop on lap 8 for inters but no fuel. Racing Hards, FM1 until I'd overtaken everyone then FM4.

This was my tactic too but I had heavy rain so needed to stop for wets, but because I didn’t need fuel I jumped P1 in the pit stop then went on to an easy win
Same - had some rain too and went for a quick tyre change. But essentially, the R92CP at 800PP should do the job even if a rain stop is req'd. Fuel shouldn't be an issue across 10 laps.

p78
I won it easily in the CLK though. I'm also an average racer.
Did you add weight or drop the HP?
Hi, I added 126kg weight, position 0, only. Didn't touch the ECU or get the power restrictor. Is that maybe not the best way???
Did you do 1 stop, FM 1 or increase FM to go for no stops? I tried both and still way down the pack whichever way!

I used my Sardegna prepped 787b. It took a few ****** starts on Willow because I don’t know the track, beat the other two on try one with a healthy lead of around 30sec. Fm1 no stops on any of the races.

I looked to see if this already discussed, but can't see anything and am a bit surprised!

Have only tried Red Bull Ring but can't get better than 5th..... and that's in my star PP800 car the CLK-LM that usually wins by miles in other PP800 races.

Have tried a one-stop (FM1) and a no-stop (FM6) - doesn't make any difference, miles behind the winner.

The 4 in front are Gr.1 cars. I tried dropping PP all the way down to 800 on a couple (the Jag Gr1 and a Porsche) but it makes them really slow.

Anyone have any tips????
What difficulty setting are you on? I had heard that at hard difficulty it is really hard...

What difficulty setting are you on? I had heard that at hard difficulty it is really hard...
This is the key question I've struggled on hard with all the old gr.1 cars, you can however add nitrous 😄 at willow the lead car is lapping around 1:08. I don't know that track very well and have managed to get 1 fast lap down to around 1:10 with Praiano tunned Jaguar. Keep coming of the track 🙄 , red bull ring haven't won yet but could be winnable and yet to try Fuji.

Last edited:
Hard difficulty, 3rd 3rd 2nd on the first try. Well, second try as i originally went in with the supra GT500 car only to find the race is more of a mission challenge rather than a race. r92 for the first two races, escudo for the 3rd.

For real racing, i just set up a custom race and forget about the credits.

Want to add that willow springs is definitely not one of my favourite tracks!

Out of home for two weeks, no GT7 for now.

But, it looks like 787B tailored events, no stops needed for sure and it's smoother than other Gr. C cars, IMHO.
The LMP cars would be too much nerfed probably.
If nitro is allowed, unlike Sardegna or Spa money makers, maybe the Superformula would be a option to try, at least at Willow Springs.

Out of home for two weeks, no GT7 for now.

But, it looks like 787B tailored events, no stops needed for sure and it's smoother than other Gr. C cars, IMHO.
The LMP cars would be too much nerfed probably.
If nitro is allowed, unlike Sardegna or Spa money makers, maybe the Superformula would be a option to try, at least at Willow Springs.
Clearly you haven't seen the events because they're for pre-2000 cars.

This is the key question I've struggled on hard with all the old gr.1 cars, you can however add nitrous 😄 at willow the lead car is lapping around 1:08. I don't know that track very well and have managed to get 1 fast lap down to around 1:10 with Praiano tunned Jaguar. Keep coming of the track 🙄 , red bull ring haven't won yet but could be winnable and yet to try Fuji.
Most of my 800PP GR1 cars are for Sardinia race. There , only need top speed , grip is not important due to slow corners mainly.
Willow and others cafe 43 races need more grip than speed.

Well managed second at Red Bull Ring by dumping all the ballast and dropping the ECU to 86 in the CLK-LM. That's faster and didn't upset the handling.
Also lucky that the race had a bit of drizzle only, no real rain.
Took 2 laps to get past the Sauber, just could not keep up on the straights. FM 5 as suggested by @p78 - had two laps left on lap 10 so dropped FM to 1 and managed to overtake P2!
I got the stamp for one at least......

Willow Springs was an easy 2nd on hard with the 962, no tuning other than the power limiter bringing it down to 800pp. Wasn’t great on the straights but through the long midspeed/fast corners it would take full seconds out of cars. I used RMs and flicked between FM1 and FM2, depending on where I was on track. With a bit of tuning, should be an easy win.

In stock form it’s nowhere near fast enough on the straights for the other two tracks, but if you own it already it’s an easy pass for Willow Springs.

pfff, bought the hagerty porche 911 gt1 for this, thought this will do the trick,.... Definitly wrong about this, it's almost the same as the supra LOL. Worst and most expensive car I bought this far, needs 2 pits in 10 laps on fuel map 6 :/

You can only win all these races with the top 3 cars that are your competition, the rest is a waste of money. I will need to wait untill one of them appears again so I can buy it :/

This is silly, why can't they leave all cars available to buy,...

Last edited:
Only done the Willow Springs one thus far. Tried the CLK but came in 6th. Needed to fuel manage which is a pain. Noticed 1-5 were all GrC cars. So I jumped in the 787B, detuned to <800PP. Got 3rd the next race. All that being said, I SUCK at Willow Springs. I hate that track; my line never seems right. So I won't be doing that one again. If you're decent at that track, shouldn't be an issue to get top 3.

Last edited:

Anyone have any tips????

exactly the same a you....

clueless

The only suitable cars I have for this menu are the GT500 Supra and the 205 T16, neither of which are competitive. And I can't even buy a competitive car because none are in the LCD!

The only suitable cars I have for this menu are the GT500 Supra and the 205 T16, neither of which are competitive. And I can't even buy a competitive car because none are in the LCD!
you need to buy them from the hagerty store, but they are not always available, so you need to wait (no idea how long) for them to appear.

Only buy one of the top 3 cars in the race or so, the rest has no chance (hard difficulty).

Last edited:
Back