Cafe Menu 43

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 139 comments
Finally got there on hard difficulty with some weather luck. Moved to no stop strategy, RH, medium RPM turbo and nitrous, high 1:25 to low 1:26. AI FL 1:22! Going to 5/15/60 on the diff really helped with getting out of the slow corners.

In this particular race the AI stayed on hards through rain while I went to inters and drove away.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220731105406.jpg

I find it odd you guys find the Supra non competitive. I did all of them with the Supra in full stock trim with RH tires. Just manage the fuel use by leaning it out, shifting early and not pitting. The one AI car (Grady) goes all the way to the penultimate lap and then pits. That's when I pass him for the win.

It rained at Fuji on me...my first try was a fail because trying to non stop on RH in the wet just doesn't work. So the next race I started on Wets. Tires were half shot by the 5th lap when the rain started. Then I made up time. Was about 20secs behind Grady until the next to last lap when he pit and I went by to win. Tires were completely done though.

I find it odd you guys find the Supra non competitive. I did all of them with the Supra in full stock trim with RH tires. Just manage the fuel use by leaning it out, shifting early and not pitting. The one AI car (Grady) goes all the way to the penultimate lap and then pits. That's when I pass him for the win.
Try changing your game difficulty to hard, it makes a big difference to the speed of the AI and it seems to me like the front runners adjust to your race pace

For Red Bull Ring and Fuji, I cheesed it with the Escudo.

Willow Springs required a different approach. Max weight on the Sauber, and a mixture of Power restriction and Power output. I didn't touch anything aero-wise.

It took three tries, but with some short shift trickery, I managed to no stop the race with 0.1 gallon of fuel left. :P

Edit: Hard difficulty for me.

Last edited:
Roger that. I didn't want easy, but have been pit maneuvered on hard too many times...so normal it is.
I guess most people in this forum play hard mode and so, like me get irritated if someone on normal says this and that car is competitive, as these are suggestions that often dont even work for Aliens on hard. Its like playing on easy and saying that almost any car can win. ;-)

By the way: played all the single player content on hard. One unsuccessfull pit maneuver try by the AI (Sardegna). One successfull by me. (Fuji) :-)

I would consider hard mode better cause the brake less on the apex which really bothers me.

Sometimes AI tries to get my tail out but they are just a bit stubborn and normaly you can countersteer your way out of the situation.

My car selection is pretty poor for this one. Best option I had was the Supra…or the newly released Skyline.

If it helps , the 787 easily wins all three races. Don’t even need to pit. I think I even drive it at FM2-3 to avoid pitting.
Which level difficulty you are playing on and what are your lap times on willow? If you want please share numbers and the tune you are using to easily win all three races.
Thank you.

Which level difficulty you are playing on and what are your lap times on willow? If you want please share numbers and the tune you are using to easily win all three races.
Thank you.

I play normal. Just detune to 799 and I was like 3-4 secs behind first on lap 2. The 787 was so fast. I initially try sauber c9 but it was too slow.

On hard? I felt there where a lot of better options in the category. But maybe my tuning was bad.

There could be but I already had a few detuned to 800 so I just cherry pick. Initially tried sauber c9. Too slow. McLaren f1 race car. Fuel consumption too high and I can’t even gain much to the front runners but once I switch to 787 , it was all too damn easy 😂😂

Thank you.

Check my tune below and try a run at willow. You will be amazed. 🤣

Attachments

• 05C49739-3EC2-44C9-9395-FDB96B5427EA.png
    05C49739-3EC2-44C9-9395-FDB96B5427EA.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 74
  • AE4E4CFC-7389-4855-8863-25258B6CC074.png
    AE4E4CFC-7389-4855-8863-25258B6CC074.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 76
In hard difficulty, at Willow, all the Group C are good enough.
I raced this race with 787B, Porsche 962 and R92CP, with racing medium.

Willow is a relative easy one, but to me, RBull and Fuji are impossible to look at 3rd position, at this moment (and I don't have the CLK-LM).

Had my 1st bash at this last night, i only really have the escudo to use, but I see what you mean about willow springs. Once you off, you are off. And it's game over for top 3 finish.

In hard difficulty, at Willow, all the Group C are good enough.
I raced this race with 787B, Porsche 962 and R92CP, with racing medium.

Willow is a relative easy one, but to me, RBull and Fuji are impossible to look at 3rd position, at this moment (and I don't have the CLK-LM).
Can you share winning tune for 787 on hard difficuly please. Thanks.
@Thexnix thanks for your tune. You however say you play on normal difficulty, I am trying so far on hard difficulty and reaching lap times 1:09:5** but still, fourth place best so far.

I gave up at Willows - after many tries, and almost doing it, today was the last straw - just overtaken 3rd on last straight of last lap, had to avoid a back marker, went on the sand, and ended up in the pit lane!!! 5th. Again.
So with all the talk of difficulty level, I pulled the trigger on EASY! 😎😂

I'm sure I switched between easy / normal early on in the game and found it didn't make much difference.
It most certainly did at Willows today, I was in the lead before the end of Lap 5!!! Huge difference. Yeah, a bit "cheaty" but so what, I don't like Willows and glad to see the back of it.

Put back to Normal and on to the Hyper Cars Menu which is much, much easier!

I found good tune on Facebook and I should give credits to one who posted it, but I can't find that post again after the race. I got third on Willow, and I am just average level on GT7. I am pretty sure that you more experience drivers can beat my time and be better than third. I used FM2 and automatic transmission on Dualsense. Level hard.

Attachments

• 182535e9d4094-screenshotUrl.jpg
    182535e9d4094-screenshotUrl.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 182535e77c492-screenshotUrl.jpg
    182535e77c492-screenshotUrl.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20220731_112029.jpg
    IMG_20220731_112029.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

It rained at Fuji on me...my first try was a fail because trying to non stop on RH in the wet just doesn't work. So the next race I started on Wets. Tires were half shot by the 5th lap when the rain started. Then I made up time. Was about 20secs behind Grady until the next to last lap when he pit and I went by to win. Tires were completely done though.
Hard level?

I gave up at Willows - after many tries, and almost doing it, today was the last straw - just overtaken 3rd on last straight of last lap, had to avoid a back marker, went on the sand, and ended up in the pit lane!!! 5th. Again.
So with all the talk of difficulty level, I pulled the trigger on EASY! 😎😂

I'm sure I switched between easy / normal early on in the game and found it didn't make much difference.
It most certainly did at Willows today, I was in the lead before the end of Lap 5!!! Huge difference. Yeah, a bit "cheaty" but so what, I don't like Willows and glad to see the back of it.

Put back to Normal and on to the Hyper Cars Menu which is much, much easier!
You can do it, if I got third place on difficult, then you can be first, check the tune in post above. Now switch back to difficult level. Go for it!

Ok, I second people like @KAlex122 and @govich01 to the fullest saying race reports without mentioning the difficulty level aren't worth much here. Difficulty level makes for a big difference regarding the potential AI pace and behavior.
On a sidenote, there's still that portion of luck you need for these challenges as no grid / no race is like the other.

@Thexnix
Can you tell us what 787 lap times you ran on Willow Springs ?
Don't worry, mate - just asking because the more we know the clearer things get maybe ...

Out of curiosity I entered the Willow Springs race again. Used the 787 with @Thexnix 's exact setup,
difficulty level on hard mode as always. ABS standard, no other assists. FM1, no stops.
First lap was something like 1:12, other laps were 1:08 - 1:09. I came in third ! with a 15 sec gap.
The two front runners did not pit and ran 1:07 laps in between.
I then started a second attempt. Quit the race, re entered again with the same car and the same setup.
No need to say I ran similar lap times. However, I won this ... 10 sec ahead because everyone else pitted once.
Race total at around 11:30.

Now ... can anyone of you tell me why this is ? Is it the AI race mood ? The time of day ? The PD race randomizer ? :D
For sure though it's been confirming my all time impression about GT races ... since GT4.

P.S.
FYI I ran the RBR race yesterday on hard mode and on easy mode once :
The difference in AI pace was about 6 - 7 sec per lap !

Last edited:
Ok, I second people like @KAlex122 and @govich01 to the fullest saying race reports without mentioning the difficulty level aren't worth much here. Difficulty level makes for a big difference regarding the AI pace and behavior.
On a sidenote, there's still that portion of luck you need for these challenges as no grid / no race is like the other.

@Thexnix
Don't worry, mate - just asking because the more we know the clearer things get maybe ...

Out of curiosity I entered the Willow Springs race again. Used the 787 with @Thexnix 's exact setup,
difficulty level on hard mode as always. ABS standard, no other assists. FM1, no stops.
First lap was something like 1:12, other laps were 1:08 - 1:09. I came in third ! with a 15 sec gap.
I then started a second attempt. Quit the race, re entered again with the same car and the same setup.
No need to say I ran similar lap times. However, I won this ... 10 sec ahead because everyone else pitted once.

Now ... can anyone of you tell me why this is ? Is it the AI race mood ? The time of day ? The PD race randomizer ? :D
For sure though it's been confirming my all time impression about GT races ... since GT4.

P.S.

No prob. I will fire up my ps5 shortly. Will try both difficulties and see as well 😁

OK, I will re-review my 1st attempt comment using the escudo.
I'm on hard difficulty, my best lap was 1:14.5 and I finished 7th. Think more downforce is needed found I always losing control after the final corner.

@Thexnix
On normal. I was actually 3 secs behind first around lap 6. Overtook him , made a mess at lap 9, got overtook , and I overtake first again and he then pitted at lap 12 😂
i was averaging 1:11-1:12 with two laps on 1:10 I guess.

on hard, I was only sixth 😂

tried jaguar xjr9. Only managed second. Hard is real hard

Attachments

• 835A79FB-9FBF-4973-A6EC-26B9B47AC62C.png
    835A79FB-9FBF-4973-A6EC-26B9B47AC62C.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 54851FA6-258B-4271-95DD-AB7652D02B3F.png
    54851FA6-258B-4271-95DD-AB7652D02B3F.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
OK, I will re-review my 1st attempt comment using the escudo.
I'm on hard difficulty, my best lap was 1:14.5 and I finished 7th. Think more downforce is needed found I always losing control after the final corner.
I don't think you need to bother with the Escudo on Willow Springs, the other 2 races I won on hard because of wheather but Willow Springs is pure speed and dry, you need to downtune to Escudo so far it can not compeet with the first 3 cars. My best was 5th, the first 3 had a + time of more than a minute in the end. I can't wait untill I can buy one of them, it's so stupid they are only in hagerty and not always available.

Last edited:
I don't think you need to bother with the Escudo on Willow Springs, the other 2 races I won on hard because of wheather but Willow Springs is pure speed and dry, you need to downtune to Escudo so far it can not compeet with the first 3 cars. My best was 5th, the first 3 had a + time of more than a minute in the end. I can't wait untill I can buy one of them, it's so stupid they are only in hagerty and not always available.
Had a go with the 205 evo. 🤣🤣🤣...the more I tuned, the mental it seemed to go.

Ok, I second people like @KAlex122 and @govich01 to the fullest saying race reports without mentioning the difficulty level aren't worth much here. Difficulty level makes for a big difference regarding the potential AI pace and behavior.

@Thexnix

Race total at around 11:30.

P.S.
It's interesting, because in my case, in every Willow races I did, the 2 or 3 first cars pits at the 2 last laps.

It's interesting, because in my case, in every Willow races I did, the 2 or 3 first cars pits at the 2 last laps.
LOL believe me, that's what I expected. I even did a quick calc during the race whether I could win if they pit at the end of the final lap
200 m from the finish line. :lol: But they just wouldn't. Instead I saw the checkered flag besides their names.

I'd really like to know the set of parameters that have an influence on the AI's course of the race.

Last edited:
Back