Cafe Menu 43

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 139 comments
I used the R92CP on RH. Just a power restrictor IIRC. If that was still too high then I will have dropped the ECU to get lower.

Was straightforward FM1 / No Stops.
What AI difficulty? I tried the same car and was WAY off the pace against hardest AI. I was lapping 1:30, the AI 1:23. The 2nd place AI was using the same car as me. It was taking me an eternity to take the slowest corner, the car would barely turn at low speed, I was losing several seconds to the AI on just that one corner.

I play on hard difficulty and used the escudo

Willow springs I managed to get with only a little trouble…pass was on the last lap

Red Bull ring…..now….I had to race my butt off for this…and I only won because of lap traffic. I was running as hard as I could and running out of fuel quickly and I literally only won because the leader 3 seconds ahead got stuck behind a lap car on the final 2 corners and it allowed me to fly up and pass for 1st as I was coming to the finish line….got lucky and cheesed it

Fuji….ran fuel 2 mostly to get to 5 full laps….second part I thought I would need to push but I was running hard and I guess the AI had to make a pit for a 2nd time on the last lap so I got the easy win.

Fuji and Red Bull ring I had rain but the storms barely missed and surface wetness didn’t get above 40% at any point and was barely a lap of wet conditions

These races were pretty difficult but nowhere near the difficulty of the Gr1/VGt races from last month where we had to race St Croix/Daytona/Suzuka

I've switched the game off in frustration. The R92CP literally just won't turn at low speeds. Even at 2mph it won't go round the slowest corner on RBR, I have to use the run off area to the left of the track to make the turn. It wasn't this bad yesterday, I don't know what's wrong with it, but it's just stupid. The on-screen steering indicator has the red dot fully to the side but the car is barely turning.

Willow Springs I used the Sauber C9 down to 800PP with max ballast and the power turned a long way down - makes all the time up through the corners because you're basically flat out through turn 2 and the final corner. Need to do 1:06 or quicker without pitting from what I found because one of them will run either under 1:06 and pit or run around 1:07 and stay out. You may get saved if they get held up when lapping cars later in the race too.

Red Bull Ring was quite easy thanks to the weather because it rained really hard with about 2 laps to go so I pitted before the AI. If it were to stay dry you'd need to run laps around 1:25 if you don't pit but everyone else does.

Fuji again isn't too difficult with the weather because the AI is dumb and wont pit at the right time, rained hard with about 4 laps to go for me. I used the CLK-LM for both this and RBR and just turned the power down.

I found the races to be stupidly designed and again heavily reminded me of the 700PP seasonal events from GT6 where the AI is allowed cars >100PP over the limit which just makes the racing frustrating. It's such fun to race against cars that are 40km/h+ quicker down every straight...

On Hard difficulty these are very tough! Won Willows in the 787B and Fuji in the CLK, just barely.

Best in RBR is P2 3sec behind the leader. Need to revisit it. Im too stubborn to drop the difficulty level 🙈

RBR I have had a full dry race, and the leader did not stop, and neither did I, but finished P2 15sec behind. Had another race with rain towards the end and finished 3sec behind leader, one more lap and I would have caught him, he was struggling jn the wet

I think I will need to get lucky with weather/pitstop to win this.

I've switched the game off in frustration. The R92CP literally just won't turn at low speeds. Even at 2mph it won't go round the slowest corner on RBR, I have to use the run off area to the left of the track to make the turn. It wasn't this bad yesterday, I don't know what's wrong with it, but it's just stupid. The on-screen steering indicator has the red dot fully to the side but the car is barely turning.
Check your tires is all I can think of.

Did you lower ride height too much? Maybe lower AR bar in front and increase in back and turn up breaking diff?

Try 787B with praiano tune. On normal it seal clubs the event. Passed the entire field on the second lap in all three races. Only thing is his 787B is very understeery so I messed with the antiroll bars a bit to soften front and stiffen back for better turning. Otherwise I don't remember how much I won by, but it was definitely a lot (at least a minute).

787B on Willow Springs is actually super fun. As I was racing, I realized that I think this was the first time that I raced on that track in anything but a classic (or classic American) car and I had a great time. Will take out some more Gr.1's to that race for fun.

Did you lower ride height too much? Maybe lower AR bar in front and increase in back and turn up breaking diff?
I'd already raised it back up to max, and gone min front max rear arb, but it seemed like the front wheels were only turning 2 degrees or something, I was having to use all of the run off area right up to the barrier to crawl around the corner. I'll try a different car some time.

I drove the Mazda 787 at Fuji and Red Bull Ring today on hard difficulty. Fuji was a clear win because everybody stopped on lap 9 changing back to inters from wet, which was not necessary.

Red Bull Ring was a lot harder. Drove mostly 1:28 and got 5th place. I dont think i have it in me to get any further. A shame, it looks like i have to switch to medium difficulty the first time in GT7. Are there better cars for RBR or maybe best tunes to use for RBR?

I'm playing on hard and I can't win the Red Bull ring... I use the 787B. I have not played with the suspension, I only detuned it and used a ballast. I'm doing 1:25.500 to 1:26.000 and I always come up second or third...

Red Bull Ring and Fuji had rain, so that was an easy win with the F1 GTR longtail.
Willow Springs was a very close win with the 962, because the Nissan also went for no stop.

Any Group C car will do just detune it slightly and add some ballast - easy wins

possibly use FM3 or FM4 depends on the car to do a no pit stop

Last edited:
I play hard level
won RBR and Fuji with Porsche 962 800pp by praiano
willow springs is more difficult and I can’t reach the podium with this car

That's Fuji out of the way too, 3rd, good enough! Was easier to keep up with them on the straights in the CLK than Red Bull Ring for some reason.
I gambled and put IMs on at end lap 6, it rained lap 10 and I managed to squeeze past the Pike's Peak Suzuki for 3rd.....
Willows is going to be tough...... 😝

RBR on hard is tough! I've been trying with the CLK-LM on a RM setup, lapping 1:24s one stop but haven't been able to catch 1st. Adding nitrous helped a bit and now seems doable with a perfect drive and some weather/backmarker luck. Loving the difficulty level of this race, similar to the St Croix VGT race with the LM55, drive your heart out!

Funny, i found St. Croix in the LM55 quite easy. Not so Suzuka. Only got third. 1:24 in the Merc on RBR. Is this with or without a pitstop? Did 4th place in the 787 without a pitstop.

Funny, i found St. Croix in the LM55 quite easy. Not so Suzuka. Only got third. 1:24 in the Merc on RBR. Is this with or without a pitstop? Did 4th place in the 787 without a pitstop.
I knocked over Suzuka quite quickly but that St Croix race was a white knuckle ride for me with the LM55 and nitrous. Maybe the tracks fit our driving styles differently.

RBR with CLK-LM 1:24s on mediums and using nitrous to get up to speed on the straights, FM1 with one pit stop for tyres and fuel (depending on the weather). AI FL is 1:23:xxx and the front runners only stop for tyres. No chance for me with 787B/XJR9/R92, I was in the 1:27-28 range. I think it's winnable with the CLK with more tuning and a bit of luck.

Just did the RBR with the Porsche 962 by Praiano. Thank you! 1,5 seconds quicker per lap than the Mazda 787. Hit 2nd place. First is possible. Had a lot of rain, so Miazano used less gas and didnt have to stop at the end like in dry conditions.

Did all three races with the R92CP, RH tires using Praiano's Sardegna tune. Red Bull Ring was the easiest, just need some shortshifting on fuel map 1 and you can do the whole race without pitting, won with a 20 seconds margin or so

Last edited:
After failing embarrassingly with the 962, I have tried all three races with the 787B last night.

1st at Willow and Fuji, 2nd at RBR. With better pitting strategy 1st place should be doable, I will have to retry it again later tonight.

I used Praiano’s tune for the 962 and blitzed Fuji, easy win. Kept a constant eye on the fuel mix and thanks to the rain not hitting the track was able to no-stop quite easily while the AI couldn’t make it past lap 7/8. Won by half a minute or so in the end.

Red Bull Ring has been a bit trickier, not been able to get within 5 seconds of first. Ultimately settled for second, considering my limited talent I’ll take that!

All done on hard by the way.

MSZ
After failing embarrassingly with the 962, I have tried all three races with the 787B last night.

1st at Willow and Fuji, 2nd at RBR. With better pitting strategy 1st place should be doable, I will have to retry it again later tonight.
Can you share your setup for 787? And what are your lap times on Willow?

Can you share your setup for 787? And what are your lap times on Willow?

I only added weight and reduce horsepower to fit within the pp requirement. It's pretty much stock.

My best lap on Willow was 1:13, didn't catch the first place car until the final lap when he went to the pit.

Back