Calling All GT Sport Livery Editors: Williams Esports Wants Your Skills

Anyone that makes any, Would be awesome. If they were posted I’d definitely be adding some to my collection

I'm gonna give this a try although my OC is a bit bland and guess replicas wouldn't count (or they might count as well).

@Cytoria @daan @JKcreativeworks You guys are handy with the editor!
Thanks for the mention, but dare I remind you who won the « original design but with a mandatory sponsor » livery competition ? :embarrassed:

C41EA5BE-FD68-4F06-BF58-79D7A7224F9B.jpeg

I’ll try to send them some liveries, but I don’t know what they are looking for... Creativity, attention to detail, Williams’ graphic guide fidelity ?

We’ll see !

Thanks for the mention, but dare I remind you who won the « original design but with a mandatory sponsor » livery competition ? :embarrassed:

I’ll try to send them some liveries, but I don’t know what they are looking for... Creativity, attention to detail, Williams’ graphic guide fidelity ?

We’ll see !
They are looking for liveries in general and the top 5 will be asked to design with Williams in mind

The Esports team seems to be part of the larger Williams F1 organization. A spin-off, if you will.

On that note, I didn't know that William's even had any involvement with Esports. :boggled: Best of luck to those who take part!

I believe all F1 teams have an Esports team, at least for Formula 1.

Might have to dust off my Twitter account and post some stuff, though I doubt they're going to be all that interested in a bunch of obscure 90's GT-R replicas :scared:
A mix of Prince Chiba GT-R, Endless GT86, Falken M6 and Gulf 919 will show your skills, variety and attention to the details.

I'm fed up of seeing people post replica liveries for this like they're livery "designers" and designed them themselves. No, you copied something.

I was exactly going to write that.

Nothing against the people doing that, and nothing against their "skill" but iam pretty sure you should come up with new designs that has the Williams style in the core of it, like colours etc. Remaking old styles is probably not what is wanted here and yeah, quite sick of all of them..

I don't post here much, and I'm not massively prolific with the liveries, but I do find the creation quite relaxing.
Check out my gallery, no replicas, lots of Destiny and videogame stuff, UFIT protein designs, as well as some other things for specific reasons or requests.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/1377877/gallery/carLivery

I'm never satisfied with my own work, so I'd like some independent feedback, thanks in advance!

I don't post here much, and I'm not massively prolific with the liveries, but I do find the creation quite relaxing.
Check out my gallery, no replicas, lots of Destiny and videogame stuff, UFIT protein designs, as well as some other things for specific reasons or requests.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/profile/1377877/gallery/carLivery

I'm never satisfied with my own work, so I'd like some independent feedback, thanks in advance!

Yeah looking good. I'm probably not the best at livery making but I like my liveries. I have had a stab at making my own ones now. Made this one today.

8575505772315706908_0.jpg

I'm fed up of seeing people post replica liveries for this like they're livery "designers" and designed them themselves. No, you copied something.
Exactly. Inspiration from liveries, sure. But a full replica isn’t imaginative!

Exactly. Inspiration from liveries, sure. But a full replica isn’t imaginative!
No, but making a perfect 1:1 replica takes time and effort and often requires thinking outside the box to get the right projection and matching materials within the confines of the editor.

Most 'original' liveries are poorly made, with sloppy autotraced decals with little to no thought for how the design would work in real life.

It's a different skill set for sure and you'd like to think that that Williams would take attention to detail into account if they want quality work.

I decided to not post my 'replicas' for that exact reason. Instead, I sent them a few from my own racing team that I designed without a reference.

4972567796385842216_1.png

4837504889670074928_1.png

Back