Calling all Musicians, show off your compositions and covers here.Music 

• Thread starter Skython
  • 453 comments
New Zealand
beyond down under
I'm Skython11, I'm 15 yrs old, and I'm new to performing music, I've been writing lyrics for three years, writing music for 1 and a half years, and am now a vocalist in a metal band (no, not screamo or death metal, a traditional metal band, influenced by Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc) and I was wondering, are there musicians round here?

It's wrong to start a thread and not contribute, so here is one of my pieces, Mislead Youth.

Eternal Starfall is the name of my current band, so that's what it goes up as, if it changes I will be doing something about it.

Last edited:
Nice, I don't listen to that sort of music, but it is nice, I liked the second half of Fantasia 👍

PS: If anyone wants the mp3 file of the songs to listen to. PM me and I'll send 2 songs, and also note, they're done on guitar pro, a computer system so it's not real instruments

Last edited:
Anyone know of a way I can upload a music file onto youtube, I can't use movie maker since mine is extremely outdated and can't be made the right type of file, I need to know this because I want to post one of my songs

Last edited:
Anyone know of a way I can upload a music file onto youtube, I can't use movie maker since mine is extremely outdated and can't be made the right type of file, I need to know this because I want to post one of my songs

Download yourself an updated version from Microsoft. :)

I like the riff, it sounds a little messy but it sounds like something that would go really well in an epic long song for when it finally gets to the distortion 👍 But it sounds very very similar to Dream Theaters Overture 1928 :odd:

Hmmmm, I do :cheers:

Don't thank me....thank the world's greatest super hero! 👍
COOKIE-CUTTER-GIRL-POP-SUPERHERO-&-LIL-STINKER-DOG-TV-TELEVISION-NEW-YORK-COMIC-CON-2008%202.jpg

I like the riff, it sounds a little messy but it sounds like something that would go really well in an epic long song for when it finally gets to the distortion 👍 But it sounds very very similar to Dream Theaters Overture 1928 :odd:

It sounds messy because of the noise. I wasn't using a noise reducer and I tend to play with a bit of a slop.

This is another piece I contributed, but again went nowhere.

http://www.mediafire.com/?19t5skesb5k0kw0

Finally worked out how to get my music on youtube.

If that doesn't work, here.

A little bit of the start is skipped. Only about 2 or 3 seconds, but still. Sorry (The rest works just fine).

PM me for lyrics...

EDIT: (is it really that bad?)

Last edited:
OH wow, I think I just found my new favorite thread on GTP (sorry Minecraft! :()

From now on I'll post all my work here. I won't post any original material 'till I get it copywrited, but I'll post covers and stuff 'till the other's copywrited.

I've got a channel kicking, it's Music, Whispers and Gaming. I havn't gotten around to uploading much due to school, but I think I'll be able to on the Holidays.

My first vid and first cover:

I'll put a link to my channel in my siggy from now on. :)

Nice playing considering at the time you had only been playing 9 months. A little sloppy in the intro, but the rest is well done. 👍

This is my second song upload. This is one of my newer long epics. It is called Mislead Youth, and is about a King dying leaving a son too young to the throne. PM me for the lyrics.

Last edited:
Good lord, I was never any good at lyrics (too much of a perfectionist lol) but I did write some cool hard rock stuff a while back but never recorded any due to lack of lyrics. I do have a few covers on YouTube though. Can't post a link as I'm on my phone, just look for hywelkidd. Will post some more when I get a new charger for my camera.

Nice playing considering at the time you had only been playing 9 months. A little sloppy in the intro, but the rest is well done. 👍

Thankyou. :) That was recorded October of 2010, so after another year and a half, it's much better now. I'm going to upload something in the next few days and whatnot, sooo yeah. :)

Here's a few old videos, I'll try and record some new ones this evening...

I'm thinking possibly The Trooper or The Wicker Man, thoughts?

Back