Calling all Musicians, show off your compositions and covers here.Music 

• Thread starter Skython
  • 453 comments
Going to record a new version of Guitar Boogie, and covers of Classical Gas (Tommy's arrangement), Windy and Warm (AKA Funky and Warm), Tall Fiddler, Blue Moon, and Waltzing Matilda/Freight Train in the next few weeks once I have my new computer. Watch this space or my YouTube channel at: www.youtube.com/user/TyneGibbs12

I can't really say it's an original composition. I basically mashed up two different songs.

I am a drummer in a band though. There's a video of a song on my channel but that was from a year ago and we haven't really bothered to release newer and cleaner stuff on Youtube.

Y'all are making me jealous :lol: I'll have to post my Rush cover of "Finding My Way'' sometime.

EDIT-Well, I guess I won't be doing it. A twp minute video takes up 65 MB, and on my Mickey Mouse connection that would take forever!

Last edited:
Camaroyenko
Y'all are making me jealous :lol: I'll have to post my Rush cover of "Finding My Way'' sometime.

EDIT-Well, I guess I won't be doing it. A twp minute video takes up 65 MB, and on my Mickey Mouse connection that would take forever!

What format is it in? Try converting it to WMV.

It's in the Quicktime format, and I haven't a clue as to how to change it to WMV. :lol: Sorry, my computer ignorance is showing.

Currently uploading a cover of The Offspring's Self Esteem. 👍

Here is one of me, I was using a crap computer microphone so its abit quiet (only way to stop it popping.)

The piece that I wrote for my high school band (3 trumpet soloists with band accompaniment) and conducted in the concert, played badly by said high school band. This video features a separate recording session we did of the piece for the band CD (I played in that recording instead of conducted) spliced with the applause from the concert.

See if you can figure out which person in the picture is me! :D

A compilation I put together of my favorite orchestral excerpts that I played in concert from last semester. Just listen for the bass trombone, it should be pretty obvious. :D

A sample of my terrible singing voice. :scared: I'm not a singer at all, I just recorded this completely improvised one day when I was bored in my dorm.

A multitrack (12 parts) of a short original jazz composition I wrote a long time ago. The four solos in the middle are all improvised.

The ska band I'm in back home playing one of our two original songs. I apologize :scared:

A quite old video filmed by my brother of me being stupid improvising around my house. Since then I have gotten a new bass trombone (this was my school's) and have um...gotten a lot better. :crazy:

I have a few other multitracks on my YouTube channel, including a collaborative composition and multitrack recording with a trumpet playing friend of mine (watch?v=ad9EIrmGB44), a gloriously distorted arrangement of a selection of Christmas songs (watch?v=JwY8aLYWxj8, also with the trumpet player. It's a darn shame it was so distorted.), and an arrangement of "The Capture" from the Age of Empires I original soundtrack (watch?v=JwY8aLYWxj8).

Its been a while that I released a new track, but I finally did it! I hope y'all enjoy it! The story behind the name of the track is that my buddy MistaX said it sounded like Russian Techno Music. So here it is. Vodka, Woah!

http://soundcloud.com/7gr4mr0kz/vodka-woah

You've got pretty nice music, I like your style. 👍

But really, try not to use those Vengeance loops too much in your production even though they sound good. Create your own melodies instead. What kind of software are you using?

Cheers. :)

Great thread! I will be adding/Following all of you.

Here's a track from a month ago that I made:
http://soundcloud.com/7gr4mr0kz/banger

My friend and I made this:
http://soundcloud.com/7gr4mr0kz/simple-but-sexy-7gr4mr0kz

I like it. Ill follow you on soundcloud im there as well.

I love making music on my spare time. I mainly produce for my video's. Most of the music could be classified as east coast hip hop style however its just what I feel. I listen to all type of music mostly Rock and Electronica which is where I get most my samples from.

My setup before changing it around
382762_10100670764090238_5707395_58335110_1832495278_n.jpg

310769_10100493250763368_5707395_57064452_3318365_n.jpg

My sound cloud
http://soundcloud.com/biggamehit

some live playing

Last edited:
You've got pretty nice music, I like your style. 👍

But really, try not to use those Vengeance loops too much in your production even though they sound good. Create your own melodies instead. What kind of software are you using?

Cheers. :)

I'm using FL Studio 10 with many VSTs such as:
Nexus
Massive
Synapse Dune
Albino
Predator
Z3ta etc

Yea, that track took me longer to mix than actually produce, lol. I was feeling lazy that day. The only Vengeance loops I use in all of my tracks are the drums. However, my friend has been insisting that I switch over to live drum samples.

And Biggamehit, those 2 videos are simply jaw dropping. Great job man, keep it up!

I'm Skython11, I'm 15 yrs old, and I'm new to performing music, I've been writing lyrics for three years, writing music for 1 and a half years, and am now a vocalist in a metal band (no, not screamo or death metal, a traditional metal band, influenced by Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc) and I was wondering, are there musicians round here?

It's wrong to start a thread and not contribute, so here is one of my pieces, Mislead Youth.

Eternal Starfall is the name of my current band, so that's what it goes up as, if it changes I will be doing something about it.

Sounds pretty good :)

Is there a way of getting Guitar Pro music onto GTP without using youtube or any other online site? Putting an MP3 version directly onto GTP?

Hmmm... unless you have your own site such as tripod.. you could host it there and link.

Thanks Nissan Skyline.

I ran FL 8 for a LONG time. Now I only use FL10 to track out my music from my MPC to the computer over my E-MU 1212m and 1616.

jcm
Sounds pretty good :)

Is there a way of getting Guitar Pro music onto GTP without using youtube or any other online site? Putting an MP3 version directly onto GTP?

Thanks, jcm. :cheers: No, it's been tried but never successful. I was originally trying to find a way without Youtube I had to download a moviemaker to do it which annoyed me. :P

You've got an excellent studio, Biggamehit. Lots of delicious gear, respect. :)

I have Novation X-Station 25 with a load of sysex patches and Yamaha PSR-77 (1994 oldschool keyboard), bunch of Magix softwares, Revolta v2 VST. AMD Phenom II 1035T Hexacore 2.6Ghz, 8Gb ram.

Tight drifting and nice channel too!

Last edited:
Thanks, jcm. :cheers: No, it's been tried but never successful. I was originally trying to find a way without Youtube I had to download a moviemaker to do it which annoyed me. :P

Too bad. I can put it on my Ipod but not on the World Wide Web :(

You've got an excellent studio, Biggamehit. Lots of delicious gear, respect. :)

I have Novation X-Station 25 with a load of sysex patches and Yamaha PSR-77 (1994 oldschool keyboard), bunch of Magix softwares, Revolta v2 VST. AMD Phenom II 1035T Hexacore 2.6Ghz, 8Gb ram.

Tight drifting and nice channel too!

Yea I started making beats on and off back in 2003ish.... was all Fruity Loops back then. I picked up the MPC like last Feb 2011 and got addicted to hardware. Its so much fun physically touching music vs just clicking a mouse.... not that its anything wrong with that. The best thing about music is, it has no limits!!!!!!!

My band, song we just uploaded, listen in 720p atleast, or youtube will suck the life out of it!

Self produced too!

Tight man, good solid production for sure! If you're not proud of this one, you should be!

:cheers:

That was awesome man! All you? Keys, guitar, machines?

Tom
Here's a few old videos, I'll try and record some new ones this evening...
I'm thinking possibly The Trooper or The Wicker Man, thoughts?
Trooper, Aces High, Back in the Village.... Lots of choice, would love to hear any of them! Nice job!

Biggamehit, nice setup man! You look happy and in your element! :)

I'll drop a video down from 2005. Back when I had hair. LOL

I'm the dude hanging out on the bass. :D

Last edited:
jcm
You can't listen to a PDF, and I have no understanding of ZIP or RAR :(

Check if this site helps.

Yea I started making beats on and off back in 2003ish.... was all Fruity Loops back then. I picked up the MPC like last Feb 2011 and got addicted to hardware. Its so much fun physically touching music vs just clicking a mouse.... not that its anything wrong with that. The best thing about music is, it has no limits!!!!!!!

Yeah I can see you know your hardware well and I agree that physical programming is more exciting. I have been thinking about buying a cheap and simple drum machine/groovebox for jamming (such as MPC500 or Kaossilator, maybe even an Electribe, nothing too expensive). But I'm not sure if I'm just gonna waste my cash, so do you know if those are reliable and durable?

Last edited:
x2 on the live drum samples, even processed machine samples will sound good, stay away from loops though, no creative freedom there

Back