Calling all Musicians, show off your compositions and covers here.Music 

• Thread starter Skython
  • 453 comments
hi guys, i'm looking to put one of my own composition here. I'm thinking of using SoundCloud but then again i'm afraid it might get stolen (not that it's a good song but you never know....)

Any ideas on how to avoid your song being stolen ?

Good question...

I'm afraid the simple answer is, if you don't want it stolen (or copied), don't post it on the internet.

I post my stuff on SoundCloud, and only yesterday someone downloaded my latest song just hours after I posted it, despite the fact that I didn't make it downloadable. That said, it doesn't make any difference to me... it is still copyrighted and if someone decided to try and make any money from it, I would have a right to sue them. That said, if someone could make any money from my music, then I'd frankly be amazed!

I have also found websites that make SoundCloud (and other sites) content free to download - I notified SoundCloud and they said that they try to take action against such sites, but it is practically impossible to stop.

Good question...

I'm afraid the simple answer is, if you don't want it stolen (or copied), don't post it on the internet.

I post my stuff on SoundCloud, and only yesterday someone downloaded my latest song just hours after I posted it, despite the fact that I didn't make it downloadable. That said, it doesn't make any difference to me... it is still copyrighted and if someone decided to try and make any money from it, I would have a right to sue them. That said, if someone could make any money from my music, then I'd frankly be amazed!

I have also found websites that make SoundCloud (and other sites) content free to download - I notified SoundCloud and they said that they try to take action against such sites, but it is practically impossible to stop.
this is probably a stupid question but how did you copyright your song ?

I'm not an expert on copyright, but as far as I know, so long as it is your own work, then you can simply mark it 'copyright' and it would constitute a breach of copyright law for anyone else to procure/use/steal your work or claim it as their own without your permission - and that applies to anything you create. On SoundCloud, all submissions are marked 'All Rights Reserved' by default (which acts as your personal copyright claim on the stuff you post), but you can also select a 'Creative Commons' option instead, which I presume means that you are essentially granting permission for others to use your work if they want to. There's more about copyright on SoundCloud here: https://soundcloud.com/pages/copyright

I finally have something new to show!

I've been on the development team of a video game called Bionite: Origins ever since its inception a few years ago, and I'm a voiceover artist but also more recently was appointed as the game's music composer as the previous sound team bailed. Over the past three days, I composed, recorded and edited the game's main theme for a forthcoming Steam release, using a combination of electronics (in FL Studio 11) and multitracked brass parts, all of which I wrote and recorded myself.

Enjoy!

The video is unlisted for now because the game isn't out yet, but I'm hoping I can eventually make it public.

👍 Excellent stuff - it's a major bonus being able to add real brass instruments to a track - it really adds something different and very distinctive.

👍 Excellent stuff - it's a major bonus being able to add real brass instruments to a track - it really adds something different and very distinctive.

Thank you! :cheers: The rest of the soundtrack will be done in this way, and based on how this turned out I'm excited to begin work on it.

CD Just released on KCP Music label.
Enjoy: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thekennycoenproject
Stream it on Spotify here: https://open.spotify.com/album/5WhdExrCEZrcQ7OT9d29wo

VA97zcP.jpg

I'll check this out once I get home from work and rested. 👍

--

The Wayne Wallace Latin Jazz Quintet just released their fifth album, called "Intercambio". Relevant to this thread because I play bass trombone on it! (Tracks 2, 4, 8, and 9 if you care)

Check it out: http://waynewallacelatinjazzquintet.com/music/

It's a really cool album, as are all of Wayne's albums. His music fuses a lot of different genres into his own unique funky Afro-Caribbean sound. Definitely recommended if you want something different to listen to!

I'll check this out once I get home from work and rested. 👍

--

The Wayne Wallace Latin Jazz Quintet just released their fifth album, called "Intercambio". Relevant to this thread because I play bass trombone on it! (Tracks 2, 4, 8, and 9 if you care)

Check it out: http://waynewallacelatinjazzquintet.com/music/

It's a really cool album, as are all of Wayne's albums. His music fuses a lot of different genres into his own unique funky Afro-Caribbean sound. Definitely recommended if you want something different to listen to!

Excellent. I have a listen and review thread here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-some-input-or-reviews-of-our-new-cd.331380/

I checked out the samples, how many other trombones are on it? What was the recording experience like? How'd they track it? Sounds good man!

Excellent. I have a listen and review thread here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-some-input-or-reviews-of-our-new-cd.331380/

I checked out the samples, how many other trombones are on it? What was the recording experience like? How'd they track it? Sounds good man!

There are three tenor trombones and one bass trombone (me). Recording was fun, we did it at a studio that I'm at a lot doing sessions for people. The sound engineer who owns it is really top notch and also a great guy. I really enjoy studio stuff so it was a great experience.

For our session all the rhythm section parts had already been recorded in San Francisco, so we used those in the headphones instead of a click track. It was just the four trombones there; the strings, woodwinds, solos, etc. were all done in separate sessions. Most of the stuff we recorded all four parts at once, but for a couple of sections we had to record each part individually.

I played on another forthcoming album led by the same guy in the same studio a couple of months ago. That one had a lot of overdubbing/multitracking because Wayne and I recorded the 4 part stuff by ourselves, with me playing lead and bass and him playing 2nd and 3rd. In that album he also had me play mellophonium and French horn on a few tracks. I'm even more psyched for that one!

Thanks for the compliment!:cheers:

Last edited:
There are three tenor trombones and one bass trombone (me). Recording was fun, we did it at a studio that I'm at a lot doing sessions for people. The sound engineer who owns it is really top notch and also a great guy. I really enjoy studio stuff so it was a great experience.

For our session all the rhythm section parts had already been recorded in San Francisco, so we used those in the headphones instead of a click track. It was just the four trombones there; the strings, woodwinds, solos, etc. were all done in separate sessions. Most of the stuff we recorded all four parts at once, but for a couple of sections we had to record each part individually.

I played on another forthcoming album led by the same guy in the same studio a couple of months ago. That one had a lot of overdubbing/multitracking because Wayne and I recorded the 4 part stuff by ourselves, with me playing lead and bass and him playing 2nd and 3rd. In that album he also had me play mellophonium and French horn on a few tracks. I'm even more psyched for that one!

Thanks for the compliment!:cheers:

That's fun stuff right there!!! Very cool.

I can give you guys the tab to a song I'm writing, if I can figure out where to get blank sheet music online to fill in in either word or somethin else.

I happen to be a part of this indie video game and art community called Higher Eclectic Ground that helps promote and grow indie talent and we've been promoting this musician Matteo Bosi and his album 'Around The World in 80 Days'. Thought I'd share all relevant information as anything missed would do it injustice :)

'Around The World in 80 instruments' began in 2001, rather unknowingly, by independent music composer Matteo "Bosone" Bosi of Alchemy Studio on his first trip to India.

Having picked up his first traditional instrument there, a Sitar, he was instantly enraptured by how a few simple musical notes could instantly transport someone to a distant country and culture. Over the years that followed, Matteo would go on to visit several popular countries over the world and at each - not only would he spend his time learning of the region's musical history and tradition, but would also make it a point to take back at least one traditional musical instrument that best explained that region's culture.

He envisioned that some day, each of the instruments he would purchase from flea markets and shops over the world would in some way be used in his future musical productions.

On one such day then, many years later in 2013, Matteo was struck by the idea of not only composing songs by combining the tunes of several of his collected instruments into one but also recording videos of himself while at it. A quick inventory of his instruments revealed that he had managed to acquire upto 80 different ones in total.

Borrowing from Jules Verne's classic novel Around the World in 80 Days then- Matteo began to create ' Around The World in 80 instruments' - a musical journey of an album around the world.

Consisting of 13 songs, each composed using several of his 80 instruments, the album attempts to take one through the cultures, ideas, sounds and atmospheres of several countries - as experienced by Matteo himself. Throughout the course of this album then we at Higher Eclectic Ground, an indie and art community, not only showcase each of 'Around The World in 80 Instruments' songs on a weekly basis, but also provide insight into the significance and stories that make up each song.

Feel free to head down there to learn of 6 of the 13 tracks we've promoted so far.

Moreover for those interested, the album is available for purchase via Matteo's

Bandcamp - https://goo.gl/RwUt1D and

SoundCloud- https://goo.gl/XIMBHY

profiles for as little as $0. Yes, $0 - Interested customers can set their own price although prices set higher than $0 would be a contribution to Matteo's efforts and craft.

About Matteo Bosi

Matteo is an independent musician and composer, involved with a lot of different generes of music, from rock to soundtrack, from ambient to children’s lullabies.He produces royatly free tracks for any kind of project and all of his work can be viewed at -

Unity's Asset Store - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/publisher/755/

Unreal Engine's Marketplace - https://www.unrealengine.com/profile/Alchemy Studio

The feelings expressed by his music varies a lot from romance and love to epic fantasy, from thriller and horror to hope and joy; one is certain to find music of their tastes in his work.

He can be reached via his website at www.alchemystudio.it

Some of the stuff I've been working on in the past five or so years:

And here is what I'm working on at the moment:

I liked the first one, the piano piece. Was that one a genuine recording? (I'm assuming the others are made with keyboards?)

I've finally gotten around to doing something with my music... Sort of. I uploaded the first minute of a song, but hopefully it's a good minute! :P I'll probably have a few short bits of songs, and vocal covers as I get used to this whole mixing deal. The latter of which I'll be uploading to Youtube, because uploading a vocal track over the original song to Soundcloud sort of just seems wrong. But anyway, this is from a song I wrote called Dissipate.

Dissipate.

So at the moment, my music output since buying my condenser mic is one minute of song every two years. So in 1.2 centuries, I could potentially create an album.

Edit: I've now uploaded a vocal cover of Iron Maiden's Death or Glory (from their new album).

Last edited:
Here are a couple of my covers:

James Bond Theme (I'm playing guitar on it on the left)

Autumn Leaves (from a couple of years ago)

Moon Over the Castle (I'm on the right)

And just yesterday, this:

Pride and Joy is at 10:54, Stormy Monday starts a lot earlier than that.

Last edited:
Finally can get around to upload a few songs through soundcloud but i'm wondering since none of the bandmates have the time to record the drums, would it sound really, really bad if we just use the drum sounds from Guitar Pro's RSE ?

Back