Calling all Musicians, show off your compositions and covers here.Music 

• Thread starter Skython
  • 453 comments
VBR
@NLxAROSA - What MDI interface/s do you use? I ask because today I stumbled upon the Seaboard, and am totally blown away by it. Never even knew it existed until now. Wow!

I'm using a Roland A300 Pro MIDI keyboard. I also have a Roland MC-707 and a Roland TR-8s. All integrates seamlessly into Ableton as well in terms of both MIDI and audio (both the MC and TR have dedicated audio interfaces with individual tracks for every instrument/track, so that's 11 for the TR8s and 8 for the MC707 that I stream directly into ableton).

Oh, before I forget, I released a new EP yesterday. :D All sounds here are from the TR8s and MC707, no VSTs were harmed. Vocal snippets added later of course.

That Seaboard looks great! Too bad I suck at playing in realtime. :lol:

Last edited:
@VBR - I've played the Seaboards. They are cool but a bit weird to play. In my opinion the KMI K-Board Pro 4 is a much better MPE controller, and is significantly cheaper than the Seaboard 49 was sold for as well. Roli discontinued the Seaboard line, but they are apparently coming out with a revamped one so maybe that will be better.

Well I finally have something I can share. I made this a few days ago. I haven't ironed out all the kinks into making these things but I hope you guys like it.

Last edited:
Today, I upgraded to FL Studio Producer version. Some say this is the sweet spot as far as using FL Studio goes. Not many people will have the finances or need to upgrade to Signature or All Packs Bundle, but I may decide to upgrade to Signature if I feel Signature has a few features that are better than what Producer includes. I am already enjoying using sound samples in music and not feel so restricted like with Fruity Edition.

I have no real songs to share for this post that I worked on, but I surely will enjoy trying to see how I can best utilize FL Studio Producer version to make music. As kind of a funny story, one FLEX generator I was using gave me some Genesis/Megadrive vibes. I almost felt like I wanted to do a Genesis/Megadrive style song using it!

I was, though, working on a loopable song that I could consider for game developers. It is a boss theme I am working on.

Musescore 4 has been released. With new sounds and a new playback system that's a little more realistic. I made a short test of the brass section, I guess it counts as a cover.

On or around Christmas 2022, I upgraded to FL Studio Signature Edition! I am not considering the All Plugins version, since it is kind of plugin overkill. I do like the tiered payment system so you don't need to pay much more than you have to if you have a lower edition of FL Studio. I haven't come up with anything yet with the new version.

What I released recently was a song I worked on and decided to re-do it. What I ended up releasing, then, is a "draft" of a song I am going to re-do. However, I thought it was good enough for people to use for games or media projects. It is a looping song called "Force of Nature." This song was meant to be more like a boss theme. Again- this was a final song... until I decided to want to re-do and re-work it. If you're interested, here you go. Enjoy:

New year, new track!

This was one tough track to mix/master. What you hear is just one synth (arpeggiated/played across three octaves) with a lot of delay and compression. But since it then becomes one massive thing: good luck mixing that with a kick and a sub. Luckily there's a thing called dynamic EQ (sidechained in some cases) and that worked like a charm. 👍

I updated my original song, "Urban Dream" for 2023. I utilized more of FL Studio's Sytrus than FLEX. Too many FLEX channels could slow down real time playback. So I utilized a lot more of Sytrus. I also used Drumpad for snares. I also used some of Harmless. However, while Harmless is also less taxing on my PC, rendering songs can take long if you have multiple Harmless channels in your project. I felt good enough about my work that I decided to upload to my Soundcloud. So here you go... enjoy!

(UPDATE: I safely was able to delete and re-upload this song because one instrument sounded missing from the song. I edited it and is now basically complete for your enjoyment.)

Last edited:
I updated my song that has somewhat been my unofficial signature song, "Urban Dream." I updated instruments (added one more), beats, and some of the flow of this song. Have a listen if you wish:

I changed up instruments, added some more piano, and added one extra section to my "Urban Dream" song. I want the final version to sort of be a culmination of my song I've worked on since 2014. The extra section was what I thought of in trying to change up the style of the song later in the song recently. Here is my third revision. Have a listen:

I made my "Urban Dream" song FINAL with my release today. I felt it was at a level of complete that I decided to release it online.

"Urban Dream" was a song I made privately since 2014 and continued to evolve it. It began on Linux Multimedia Studio (LMMS) before being re-made in 2022 on FL Studio. "Urban Dream" is sort of a pop and dance style song. While not exclusive to either genre, it does have a decent beat along with a very melodic style. All instruments except drums and other effects were made using the Sytrus instrument in FL Studio.

Anyhow, have a listen and [hopefully] enjoy:

Last edited:
"Urban Dream" was a song I made privately since 2014 and continued to evolve it.
This is why you shelve things, and never throw away. :) Especially when evolving as a musician/producer/engineer. Some of my early ideas were solid, but I just lacked the expertise/skills to put them into reality at the quality level required. But a couple of years later, it's relatively easy to take those ideas and do awesome things with it. So keep shelving, and keep on pushing!

I feel good about this one. I been on somewhat an FL Studio roll lately. I seem to be more productive than I ever been using FL Studio of late. I even have a knack of envisioning songs to create. Anyhow, meet my latest track.

This is "Feel Good!", a song I worked on privately since 2016. I was in such a groove that I finally was able to make a version of the song to share with the world. This song is a melodic light dance song. While it may sound mellow, there is actually a peppy vibe to it. I guess my style is more about melodic music. I think either a melodic flow or a catchy beat gets you into songs. If you're interested, have a listen:

"Hallucination" is a hip-hop style song I first worked in 2016. It is a very simple song I made in FL Studio with seven channels. The original work was practice in using a triple oscillator called 3x Osc. For my FL studio remake, A combination of stock instruments and drums were used. SimSynth, Sytrus, and Drumpad were used as Generators. It was meant to be loopable, so when the song ends, it could be looped endlessly.

I may edit this song a little more before I plan on releasing an updated version. Also, it may also be part of a new album consisting of some simple songs I create, including this one you're about to hear. Consider this somewhat of a first draft. [Hopefully] Enjoy this one:

Same song from last post, but now it's my final version. I set up a Hip-Hop Suite featuring hip-hop style songs on my Bandcamp. Here is the final version of "Hallucination" for you to listen to:

Enjoy, mates! :)

Back