Calling all track designers, show off your work!

  • Thread starter Thread starter glassjaw
  • 1,273 comments
  • 181,980 views
13Ykk.jpg


Kretsen enligt oslomanda

or Circuit of Oslomanda
 
Here's one I drew up a while back with a double layout. I didn't name it, but I derived much influence from Laguna Seca and VIR.

SCAN0024-1-1.jpg
 
Here's one I drew up a while back with a double layout. I didn't name it, but I derived much influence from Laguna Seca and VIR.

SCAN0024-1-1.jpg

I like it, nice job!
 
Simply epic, Sam!

88, we don't really do "bumps," especially only after an hour and a half of idle time in a thread.


Roger, your Dutch ancestry shows through. If there's one cool thing about the Dutch, it's just how flipping funny they (you) are.
 
Sam48
Here's one I drew up a while back with a double layout. I didn't name it, but I derived much influence from Laguna Seca and VIR.

Reminds me more of Hockenhiem
 
hate to do this

bump
Then don't.

It's okay to double-post in a thread if it has been quiet for a while and/or if you have new, highly-relevant information.

However, bumping a thread because three hours have passed and no-one has commented on your post is not acceptable, and you really ought to get a warning for it.
 
Minneapolis Intl. Airport

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5501910

I'm going to have some fun with this one, there are so many potential variations around this place, I'll post them as I come up with more.

I really liked that. I created one of the "variations" you mentioned. This one's a high speed version of the one you designed.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5501951

In effect, I simply wanted to update the slow speed section, just to make the track a little wider, (and therefore, safer.)

I'm not trying to offend you, I'm hoping that you'll understand the way that the track works differently.
 
CCxmg.jpg


Based off of the Fort Meyers International Airport

Black line is Start/Finish
 
Here is my next variation of MSP.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5502030

And to Melancholy I liked your suggested revision as I looked at the scale of the track and realized how short some of the straights really were.

Also like that layout 88, a bit over the top but there are some sections in there that looked really challenging.
 
Here is my next variation of MSP.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5502030

And to Melancholy I liked your suggested revision as I looked at the scale of the track and realized how short some of the straights really were.

Also like that layout 88, a bit over the top but there are some sections in there that looked really challenging.

Let me guess, FIA does not approve, why? straights are too long
 
This may well be my very best circuit - but unfortauntely, it's too long. You would have to cut about two kilometres out of it to make it viable:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5504044

On the other hand, though, it's pretty obvious where those two kilometres could be trimmed out.
 
Moved, see about 10 posts down.
 
Last edited:
7xTdf.jpg


Circuit I made up on Area 51 :dopey:

I can't tell if those black lines are waterways or roads...
 
T2c8J.jpg


In celebration of the rumored Motegi DLC, I have made my own "version" of it.
 
I signed up just for this thread. Here is a design I just worked on for a while:
yXEyh.jpg
 
One last variation of Minneapolis

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5506731

Seemed a little more practical and would keep 2 runways operational and being near the field there would be potential for temporary parking/grandstands.
 
Back