Camaro ZL1 1LE ‘18

United Kingdom
England
What is the best setup for the Camaro. I just can’t seem to get it right. No particular track or race just the best all round and most enjoyable setup. Please can you upload a photo of your setup so I can follow thank you.

Attachments

• DED16A8B-48FB-440A-AB42-7120A929D882.jpeg
    DED16A8B-48FB-440A-AB42-7120A929D882.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not an expert here by any means. However, I think anyone wanting to help you out will want to know for which track/race you're asking about. That car will almost spin out when switching from 2nd to 3rd gear except on straights, so knowing where you want to use it will be helpful to the person who wants to post a reply. Just my two pence/cents.

I'm not an expert here by any means. However, I think anyone wanting to help you out will want to know for which track/race you're asking about. That car will almost spin out when switching from 2nd to 3rd gear except on straights, so knowing where you want to use it will be helpful to the person who wants to post a reply. Just my two pence/cents.
Ok no problem. No particular track or race. Just after best all round set up people get on with the best.

Some cars just work best with their normal suspension, this car is one of those. Why? Because the 1LE is already a track setup car.
Currently I have mine set up with sport softs, full weight reduction, racing brakes, and around 650hp making it about 700pp. (I didn't do everything for the engine, just enough to keep it under 700pp)

I'm tempted to max out the power cause there's so much available still, but this car feels just so good the way it is! Very balanced, lots of grip even on Sport softs! At Laguna seca! I wouldn't have expected this, I thought it was going to be monster. And really, you could light up the tires on every corner, but with TCS on 1 it is very manageable while still rotating well. (And really would you use a machine with over 650lb/ft of torque on a track without TCS? I don't think so.

Normally I'd buy a fully customizable LSD and transmission and suspension for a car, but this one is strong enough in all these departments! When I go full power with race tires it will need these things and tuning I'm sure, but really, I think I might save that for my Corvette ZR1, make it specialized for stage route X and race courses.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220403103543.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220403103543.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 421
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20220403103550.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220403103550.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Some cars just work best with their normal suspension, this car is one of those. Why? Because the 1LE is already a track setup car.
Currently I have mine set up with sport softs, full weight reduction, racing brakes, and around 650hp making it about 700pp. (I didn't do everything for the engine, just enough to keep it under 700pp)

I'm tempted to max out the power cause there's so much available still, but this car feels just so good the way it is! Very balanced, lots of grip even on Sport softs! At Laguna seca! I wouldn't have expected this, I thought it was going to be monster. And really, you could light up the tires on every corner, but with TCS on 1 it is very manageable while still rotating well. (And really would you use a machine with over 650lb/ft of torque on a track without TCS? I don't think so.

Normally I'd buy a fully customizable LSD and transmission and suspension for a car, but this one is strong enough in all these departments! When I go full power with race tires it will need these things and tuning I'm sure, but really, I think I might save that for my Corvette ZR1, make it specialized for stage route X and race courses.
Thank you for confirming this. I noticed this car is better with the stock suspension as well. Now I really wonder how many other cars this applies to throughout the game.

Thank you for confirming this. I noticed this car is better with the stock suspension as well. Now I really wonder how many other cars this applies to throughout the game.
Yeah, I've done it with my 86, and skyline too. Copy the normal suspension into the fully customized stuff. Then add roll bar. (Cause it is just not the same even with equal values roll bars) Then if I'm using race tires, give it stiffer spring rate, compression, extension, and lowering ride height. As well as adjusting equally front/rear to keep balance.

Here's a good note for RWD cars like this.
Obviously make the rear softer than the front to allow more more absorption to try and tame some oversteer.
But what may help is flattening your camber or increasing your Toe in. Some cars have high camber in the rear, (like the new 86: 1.5 rear vs .5 front) Making it more even front to back, or even less than the front (especially with race tires where you want more camber up front) will increase your contact patch and make acceleration better for you.

Yeah, I've done it with my 86, and skyline too. Copy the normal suspension into the fully customized stuff. Then add roll bar. (Cause it is just not the same even with equal values roll bars) Then if I'm using race tires, give it stiffer spring rate, compression, extension, and lowering ride height. As well as adjusting equally front/rear to keep balance.
Thank you. That's a good idea. I'll need to test it out.

At the moment, I've came to the conclusion that if my car has SH/SM/SS tires on it, then I need to use either the Club-Sports or Semi-Racing suspension systems. The fully adjustable racing suspension tends to be too stiff for these tires (for racing slicks, they're good). Even when I dial down the spring rates and dampers, and set them up to how a FR suspension should be.

Umm, yea. She was on the pace of at least 5 other tunes I have tested for this car, so maybe a situation where less is more. I definitely did use her without TCS and didn’t encounter anything I couldn’t manage. The one thing holding this car back is the lack of a custom trans, it is my firm belief that the tune could be noticeably better with one installed.

E3B0AFBF-B4A0-470A-9C50-C5D9A35C98A2.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back