Can lag and connection problems be fixed?

• Thread starter rcb929
  • 31 comments
There will always be people who say that this all comes down to your internet connection, but there is something to do with the network code or servers that is causing problems. I have the fastest (both speed and ping) and most reliable connection available in my area (130Mb Fibre Optic), I live just down the road from my exchange which has fibre all the way along supplying businesses, colleges and government buildings, so it's got to be a very high standard service, and only seems to have problems in GT6.

Room entry refusals, friend's rooms not showing in the friends tab, whole pages of lobby rooms not loading, disappearing players who were visible in the race before, entire rooms being kicked one by one, tracks not changing over or the options being locked out (both of these for everyone in the room), full game or console lock ups and so on. I generally play with the same people, some days things seem to behave, on others they don't. I check and test my connection regularly and it is literally faultless, it only seems to be on GT6 where there are occassional problems.

Last edited:
There will always be people who say that this all comes down to your internet connection, but there is something to do with the network code or servers that is causing problems. I have the fastest (both speed and ping) and most reliable connection available in my area (130Mb Fibre Optic), I live just down the road from my exchange which has fibre all the way along supplying businesses, colleges and government buildings, so it's got to be a very high standard service, and only seems to have problems in GT6.

Room entry refusals, friend's rooms not showing in the friends tab, whole pages of lobby rooms not loading, disappearing players who were visible in the race before, entire rooms being kicked one by one, tracks not changing over or the options being locked out (both of these for everyone in the room), full game or console lock ups and so on. I generally play with the same people, some days things seem to behave, on others they don't. I check and test my connection regularly and it is literally faultless, it only seems to be on GT6 where there are occassional problems.
I continue to have bad experience with the online racing. Very rare that I can actually enjoy this part of the game now. My favourite track, Mount Panorama, is pretty much unplayable as I am invariably disconnected after one or two races and the game freezes. When I quit the game I have to go through the whole three beeps guff and wait for the drive to be verified etc. There is obviously some sort of problem with the game which causes the catastrophic failure in the PS3. This really is a game breaker for me.

Back