Canadian GT Sport Contest Announced: Win Long Beach GP Tickets and Porsche Gear

Blast these mid-week submission days. I can't be at the rig during the week due to work.

+1... like why can't the submission period be Thursday to Sunday instead of Sunday to Wednesday... that would be too logical...

That's the thing, I don't. I'm not happy until I can see my name on the top 10 stars.
What time did you set?
I'm not a fan of Dragon Trail anyways, and after re-watching my submission video - there was easily a .5 second I could make up, but I can't bring myself to do it.

What time did you set?
I'm not a fan of Dragon Trail anyways, and after re-watching my submission video - there was easily a .5 second I could make up, but I can't bring myself to do it.
1:36.677 and I can get ahead of the ghost but I don't have marks to know exactly where to turn it at some places so I screw it up.

1:36.677 and I can get ahead of the ghost but I don't have marks to know exactly where to turn it at some places so I screw it up.

Not a bad time, I'm around a second off your pace, maybe I'll give it some more attempts tonight.
I was struggling with the damn chicane at the end as I swear I can drive it near full throttle but everytime I have a good lap going I get nervous going through that chicane and lift more than I think I need to.

Not a bad time, I'm around a second off your pace, maybe I'll give it some more attempts tonight.
I was struggling with the damn chicane at the end as I swear I can drive it near full throttle but everytime I have a good lap going I get nervous going through that chicane and lift more than I think I need to.

Man... I’m at 1:37.3
How are you guys going for 36? Is there a “trick” somewhere?

If you guys want, I️ could do some banker laps and see what times I️ get. I’ll also post the lap replay to help out

That would be awesome! But everybody will know the tricks! I’ll let you decide. Thanks for the offer.

If you guys want, I️ could do some banker laps and see what times I️ get. I’ll also post the lap replay to help out
That would be nice.
I'm just going off the circuit experience sections, I was generally .2 - .3 off of the leaderboard, but I was a ways off the leaderboard for sector 1.

Wow I'm struggling just to break into the 1:37s. You guys are aliens. I've see some online vids and I feel like I just don't have anywhere near the braking and grip as what I'm seeing. 3rd through turns 2 and 3? No way...

I've got some time this afternoon, will keep practicing.

I’m already in the top 40 so I️ don’t care, plus there are no tricks to this track really.
Really I just want to compare your speeds in the corners to mine - that's where I think I'm losing out.

Like I'm splitting 32.6 to sector 1, but I think I'm losing time in the middle S bends and definitely in the bus stop - but I don't know if I'm losing enough time to get me into the 1:36's, let alone the low 1:36's or 1:35's like the top 10 leaderboard.

Really I just want to compare your speeds in the corners to mine - that's where I think I'm losing out.

Like I'm splitting 32.6 to sector 1, but I think I'm losing time in the middle S bends and definitely in the bus stop - but I don't know if I'm losing enough time to get me into the 1:36's, let alone the low 1:36's or 1:35's like the top 10 leaderboard.

My first sector is around 32.5.
One time I did low 31, but it felt like a bug. I was so shocked looking at the split time that I crashed in the S section.

I’m the same. The lap time I actually submitted is 1:37.710, but the chicane is what makes or breaks the lap. It’s mostly just random chance whether I make it through or not. I can get as much as half a second on my ghost in the first part of the track but always end up crashing in the chicane.

I’m the same. The lap time I actually submitted is 1:37.710, but the chicane is what makes or breaks the lap. It’s mostly just random chance whether I make it through or not. I can get as much as half a second on my ghost in the first part of the track but always end up crashing in the chicane.
I submitted a similar time, definitely going back at it tonight though - I feel like I can get into the 1.36's if I put a couple more hours into it.
At the end of the day, practice makes perfect - and this is a fairly technical track so if I can learn it better who cares how.

Got it down to 1:37.8 with room for improvement but I'm tired lol. Sean thanks for hopping in my stream with some tips. Massively improved my sector 1 times.

3rd is the way to go through those bends.

Hooookay, as promised i jumped on after work and legit did 5 laps. recorded the best one for your learning purposes.

1:36.3 i would imagine a 35.8 would be very possible if i gave it another hour or so

also please excuse my bad habit of looking behind me haha

Hooookay, as promised i jumped on after work and legit did 5 laps. recorded the best one for your learning purposes.

1:36.3 i would imagine a 35.8 would be very possible if i gave it another hour or so

also please excuse my bad habit of looking behind me haha

Now I’m envious (is that the word?) 5 laps... it took me hours to achieve my best time.

Do you use weak ffb?
What brake balance?

@Drew71 ,

Thanks for the help. Watching you made me get better in individual sectors. I couldn’t get a super lap together, but I was able to have more consistense. I did better my lap by 25 cents. lol

This is disgusting lol, it barely looks like your trying but the splits are amazing. Based on that lap I have the wrong approach to the hairpin, I thought you late braked and overshot it...

I'll have to make another attempt tomorrow, maybe can improve a few more tenths if i hit that and get a good final chicane.

Back