Canadian GT Sport Contest Announced: Win Long Beach GP Tickets and Porsche Gear

Almost made it — two spots above me too, good job!

Provisionals:

Turismo-lester (qualified) 01:35.969
Spazinator895 (qualified) 01:36.338
Djow-Al (qualified) 01:36.380
RacingKing89674 (qualified) 01:36.475
calcem (qualified) 01:36.534
Speeding_Kadi (qualified) 01:36.562
p_stancu (qualified) 01:36.571
The_EH_Team_43 (qualified) 01:36.677
beatin_the_odds (qualified) 01:36.726
hOt6o4bOi (qualified pending review) 01:36.733

Maggiore should be interesting given the track limitations and all that. Tokyo almost seems preferable, until I remember the wallriding...

At least I wasn't right on the cuff, I'm sure there were 3-4 more guys between the last time and mine.
What really stinks is my optimal lap had a split of 1:02.8 at section 2, which was .5 seconds faster than my submitted time, and if I could take the chicane like some of these top drivers it's on pace for a sub 1:35 lap - but no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't do that chicane nearly as well, or as consistent as I had to.

Nonetheless, this competition has gotten me to really focus on picking up those tenths of seconds which has been great.

At least I wasn't right on the cuff, I'm sure there were 3-4 more guys between the last time and mine.
What really stinks is my optimal lap had a split of 1:02.8 at section 2, which was .5 seconds faster than my submitted time, and if I could take the chicane like some of these top drivers it's on pace for a sub 1:35 lap - but no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't do that chicane nearly as well, or as consistent as I had to.

Nonetheless, this competition has gotten me to really focus on picking up those tenths of seconds which has been great.

Yeah, you landed 15th. There were a lot of folks bundled in the 36.9 range, as some predicted.

I'm content with the 17th place; even my best sectors wouldn't have got me in. My submitted lap had a rocket exit out of the right-hander before S1, and no matter what I tried the following night, I couldn't match it. I could see where I could make up time, but I don't have the skills to do it with the pad.

Maybe I'll need to spend some serious time trying to optimize the CSL Elite. I haven't found settings I'm completely comfortable with, but it'd be worth it.

Yeah, you landed 15th. There were a lot of folks bundled in the 36.9 range, as some predicted.

I'm content with the 17th place; even my best sectors wouldn't have got me in. My submitted lap had a rocket exit out of the right-hander before S1, and no matter what I tried the following night, I couldn't match it. I could see where I could make up time, but I don't have the skills to do it with the pad.

Maybe I'll need to spend some serious time trying to optimize the CSL Elite. I haven't found settings I'm completely comfortable with, but it'd be worth it.

I struggled with being consistent too, it's hard on the pad. My best sectors put me at 1:36.3
I can't count how many times I restarted after the first chicane because my I KNEW I could split 32.3 at the first checkpoint, so anything less than 32.5 felt like a waste.

Eventually around 11:00 last night I had to start settling for mediocre sector 1's because I couldn't get my S bends consistent in S2, then the odd time I did have a lightning quick lap I would **** up the bus stop.

I'm naturally better at Maggiorre to begin with, and it doesn't have some stupid bus stop at the end to kill all my good laps - so hopefully I can set a good time, but I'm away all weekend so we'll see.

Part of me is actually a little relieved I didn't make it in this round - if I had made top 20 I would've felt a lot of pressure to practice really really hard for round 2 as top 16 isn't very far off top 20. I'm thinking with no wheel/rig setup, and the disadvantage I have with a full time job, wife, kid & hockey and having only played GT for 4 months I'd be totally fine making top 40 and not top 16.

Either way, I hope to see a lot more of these types of competitions as I feel like I'm seeing a lot more Canadians coming out with some very good times - and committing to GT:Sport - the more competition we have the better. I've already made significant improvements since these entries have started as not 3 weeks ago I had TCS on 2 for the GR.3 cars, and I had CSA on weak - both of those have been turned off now.

Also, @SlipZtrEm will you be going to the live event? I saw the tickets, I can't help but feel like the VIP ticket isn't very VIP - unless the seating is drastically better, I'll probably just get the regular ticket. The meet and greet is funny.

Last edited:
Ugh oh, i was 26th last time but 33rd this time even with 10 less competitors... that's not a good trend lol. Also the cut-off time seems completely unattainable for me so it seems like my odds of qualifying are dropping. I really doubt I could have shaved 1.2s from my submitted time.

It's nice to see familiar names in that list though, good work everyone.

I’m glad you didn’t make it since now I’ll still have someone on my friends list to compare times with

Feel free to add me as well (NewAesthetic). My friend list hasn't provided much fodder for the Circuit Experience portion of the game, so it'd be nice to see!

I stuggled with feeling on mine too, it feels like most of the time the game is only sending feedback from the front tires. I feel next to nothing of the back end in time to correct anything.

The thing that helped me the most with the wheel was running it at max sensitivity and 900 degrees and setting drift to -3. I haven't memorized any of the other short forms yet or really looked at them.

Too easy or too difficult?
I can't remember off the top of my head, but some of the guys on my friends list who weren't even trying to qualify (they're American) had 1:58's and they were just doing it for ***** and giggles.

I set a 2:01 back when I was new in the game and I was just doing it for the bonus money/car - and that was before the grip update.

So yeah, 2:05 is very very slow.

Back