Canadian GT Sport Contest Announced: Win Long Beach GP Tickets and Porsche Gear

What’s the time you guys think should have a good chance of going to the next phase?

It's hard to say; the first event isn't exactly a great indicator, being an oval and all.

The spread there was less than half a tenth for the qualified folks, and the top 50 is separated by less than 0.5s. My guess is anything under the 97s mark is probably fairly safe, since only one Canadian is in the worldwide top 10 right now, but who knows.

My best is currently 37.3 optimal is 36.7, I had a 36.8/9 going but went wide on the last ****ing corner. When is the deadline for submission tomorrow?

To the Aliens:

Could you please review my lap? What am I definitely doing wrong? Where should I focus my efforts?

Apart from the obvious slide in the last turn.

To the Aliens:

Could you please review my lap? What am I definitely doing wrong? Where should I focus my efforts?

Apart from the obvious slide in

You are very smooth but it isn’t fast. You need to attack more and maintain that smoothness. The first two corners you’re missing the hook on the 2nd corner. And the hairpin you seem to just be coasting into it.

It’s a shame I won’t be able to try again today... it was still a great opportunity to learn. I think I’m improving a lot talking to people here and trying harder and harder.
Competing is the way to go if you want to get better!

It’s a shame I won’t be able to try again today... it was still a great opportunity to learn. I think I’m improving a lot talking to people here and trying harder and harder.
Competing is the way to go if you want to get better!
What time did you end up submitting?

Just letting everyone know for the ones that qualified or going to qualify for the Race of Champions. Tuning is Prohibited.

Just in case people want to practice, here's the settings allowed...

6.2 – GAMEPLAY

■ In-game Settings – Tournament Sponsors reserve the right to amend the Game Format in Section 6.1 and Gameplay in Section 6.2. If amendments are made in these sections, Tournament Sponsors will notify the 16 Finalists by February 19, 2018

Race Settings:

● Start Type: Grid Start
● Grid Order: Fastest First
● Boost: None
● Slipstream Strength: Real
● Visible Damage: On
● Mechanical Damage: Light
● Tire Wear: Off
● Fuel Consumption: Off
● Initial Fuel: Default
● Grip Red. On Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
● Race Finish Delay: 120 sec

Regulation Settings:

● Filter by Category: Gr. 4
● Balance of Performance: On
● Power Limit: No Limit
● Weight: No Limit
● Maximum Tire Rating: Racing: Hard
● Minimum Tire Rating: Racing: Hard
● Livery Restrictions: No Limit
● Type of Racing Number: No Limit
● Assign Car Numbers Automatically: None
● Kart Usage: Off

Penalty Settings:

● Ghosting During Race: None
● Shortcut Penalty: Strong
● Wall Collision Penalty: Weak
● Wall Collision Detection: Default
● Side Contact Penalty: On
● Correct Vehicle Course after Wall Collision: Off
● Replace Car at Course Out: Off
● Flag Rules: On

Limit Driving Options:

● Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
● Active Stability Management: Prohibited
● Driving Line assist: Prohibited
● Traction Control: Prohibited
● ABS: No Limit
● Auto-Drive: Prohibited

Cheers

Last edited:
I thought it odd everything is set to super serious, and then fuel and tire wear is off.

I just re-read the rules and regs just to be sure, and even in the final round of races with the 911 RSR, it makes no mention of that changing.

Cheers

Damn, I can't crack 1:38 with this car. Guess there's no point in submitting my time.

I think it helps. If you have the time... you’ll get to see your name on the list and know your placement, and you’ll help others know their placement too. I don’t think I’ll pass, but I sent it anyway.

Hey guys! Congrats to all the qualifiers and everyone trying to get in. I couldn't believe it when I pushed into the top 10 since I've just started playing GT and using a wheel for the first time. I think the only reason I got in was because it was an oval lol. Hopefully I don't get destroyed too bad when it comes to the actual racing but I'm trying to practice as much as I can to make sure I can keep it on the track at least!

If I end up in a heat with any of you guys, apologies ahead of time for being bad at the game, it's pretty different from Forza!

I was completely unsurprised to see your name in the first batch of qualifiers, @Raceboy77!

I've tapped out. I cut down my time as much as I reasonably could. I saw a few sectors that combined would've shaved another quarter-second, but at this level for me, it was down to luck. And I just couldn't string em together.

Good luck all!

I was completely unsurprised to see your name in the first batch of qualifiers, @Raceboy77!

I've tapped out. I cut down my time as much as I reasonably could. I saw a few sectors that combined would've shaved another quarter-second, but at this level for me, it was down to luck. And I just couldn't string em together.

Good luck all!

Same. I’m calling it a night. I got down to the low 37s as I originally predicted. I don’t have the luck to get into the 36s

Well my chicane is garbage.
I cut down to 1:36.986, that was on a mediocre lap though.

My best lap saw splits of 32.370 and 1:02.880, if I had just carried that lap to the end it would’ve been a full half second faster than my best time.

Here’s to hoping the time holds up.

What do you mean? Registration is still not open for thenlas 2 tracks.

Well, for Dragon Trail, 10 of the fastest guys are no longer competition for a qualifying spot — they're already in because of BMB. For Maggiore, there will be 20 people you don't have to worry about being faster than you. For Tokyo, 30.

I realize that means little for the second round with the Cayman, but still, even making it to the top 40 is an achievement for all that manage it, IMO.

Well, for Dragon Trail, 10 of the fastest guys are no longer competition for a qualifying spot — they're already in because of BMB. For Maggiore, there will be 20 people you don't have to worry about being faster than you. For Tokyo, 30.

I realize that means little for the second round with the Cayman, but still, even making it to the top 40 is an achievement for all that manage it, IMO.

Yeah!
I’ll dream on! lol

That's really all I'm hoping for, top 40.

Anything beyond that is pure gravy.

I'll be really busy the next week, so dragon trail was the track I could invest the most time into.

That's really all I'm hoping for, top 40.

Almost made it — two spots above me too, good job!

Provisionals:

Turismo-lester (qualified) 01:35.969
Spazinator895 (qualified) 01:36.338
Djow-Al (qualified) 01:36.380
RacingKing89674 (qualified) 01:36.475
calcem (qualified) 01:36.534
Speeding_Kadi (qualified) 01:36.562
p_stancu (qualified) 01:36.571
The_EH_Team_43 (qualified) 01:36.677
beatin_the_odds (qualified) 01:36.726
hOt6o4bOi (qualified pending review) 01:36.733

Maggiore should be interesting given the track limitations and all that. Tokyo almost seems preferable, until I remember the wallriding...

Back