Car Commercials / adverts, post your favorites!

Aside from it being horribly overused, it's also completely fake.

The writer evidently didn't have an eye for grammar either.

The car/name is completely ridiculous (Are all NA-marketed Fiats going to be called the 500-something?), but this one cracked me up:

When the groundhog looks at its breath...

smiley-laughing021.gif

Reviving this thread with some amazingly 80's car ads

And the most 80's one of them all:

Not really an ad for a car, but it does heavily feature 2 of them, I think the new Specsavers ad starring John Cleese (playing the role of Basil from Faulty Towers) is amazing:

It may be a bit on the short side, but I couldn't help but to chuckle at this Oldsmobile Aurora ad. There's something about what transpires in it that really suits the car and what it was trying to do with the Oldsmobile brand;

It's cheesy, way over the top, and I love it.

Bonus factoids: this ad campaign helped Pontiac move over 740,000 cars in 1988, putting it in 3rd place overall for US car sales (something that hadn't been seen since 1973), and featured none other than Mark Campbell and Alanah Myles performing the lyrics.

Damn it, my car had some of the most bland and pathetic ads in the history of pathetic ads.

This one is from the U.S, apparently. It basically says it's a spacious, frugal econobox.

And this one is from my exact country and from the exact same year my Swift was built. I'm a ashamed to admit that they were badged here as...there's no nice way of saying it: a Chevrolet :yuck::ouch::yuck::ouch::yuck:.

Translated it says: "Seductive. Wonderful. Intelligent. Formidable. Tenacious. Swift: by Chevrolet"

🤬, the 90s were such 🤬 here! The only mildly interesting media representation of my car, besides the Cultus Pikes Peak in GT2, is this one from, I guess, a japanese magazine or brochure. I don't know japanese but I assume it says: "HOLLOW CAMSHAFTS WOAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! TWIN CAM YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! G13B POWAHHH!!!". Or, you know, something along those lines :lol:.
1986_gti_aa41s_10_b.jpg

That's the exact same brand of "acting" that made the Speedster GTI Vision Gran Turismo videos so darn funny... I can see now where they got that silly overblown style of German comedy, thanks for the history lesson! :sly: :lol:

It's cheesy, way over the top, and I love it.

That's not cheesy, just the '80s. Standard issue if you remember that... And I could picture the Hoff singing that years later with just the Firebird footage playing. :P :lol:

Back