Car customizing?

• Thread starter Tru
  • 38 comments

Tru

XAND3RSON
I'm sorry if this is an old topic, but I'm wondering what options we will have in the customize dept. I.E Vinyls, rims, paint, decals ect ect.

prologue doesn't have any customising apart from changing some mechanical settings. As for GT5 we do not know.

The closest you have in terms of car customisation at the moment is just buying a tuner car.

I saw in a video once that each panel is made individually, and thus can be removed and replaced. So for people who may want to add body modifications it may come up in the future

I'll try and get a link for the video

I would still like to be able to Customize your car, can add some personal touch to your vehicle. Then be able to save that and add it to all your cars.

That's the official Nissan Fairlady Z (350Z) JGTC/SuperGT ;)

fairlady_supergt.jpg

Thats the only kind of 'modification' i like, not the fantasy cars you can make in NFS.

I don't play NFS and I don't want to modify the cars, I just linked to a video that may be of interest to people who would want to.

Well it would be nice to add some wings, rims, glasscolour things and offcourse paint, sponsor stickers, try to make youre honda civic look like a scuderia ferrari haha

It is GT5 but it should pick the good stuff from other games too ;)
Handling is superb in GT5 but little bit more of this stuff can make it a lot better then it already is!

changing the rims they have had in past GT's but i'd like to see somit like forza where when u change ur rims the weight changes. maybe only a kilo here or there but still adds up

There's nothing cheesy and unrealistic about adding mods to your car as long as it's done tastefully and not over the top without concern for realism. I may be wrong, but I think Gran Turismo 1-4 have a large array of modifications you can make to your cars...

I want to be able to buy aero or lip kits to help improve aerodynamics at higher speed and turn-in on corners. Wings effect traction in turns as well. That said I think aero improvements should be extremely important for a modification. Especially widebody kits, they should be allowing you to run wider tires...Wish PD would go more in-depth with the rim sizes and weights, and different compound tires, as well as their sizing.

Thanks for the video man!
And thank you to whoever commented back. I appreciate your interests. I guess we'll just have to find out! lol

It was also avaliable in Gran Turismo 1.
All race modifications were about 75,000 - 85,000cr (in the picture)... even for useless Suzuki’s with 120Hp - tops. But it was a great feature which I hope will make a return in GT5... especially with interior views. :)

Oh, and I hope the addition of custom vinyls, paint, and decals will not be featured in GT5. Decals... maybe a few minor ones, but vinyls... NO!

Manufacturer/aftermarket decals would be cool.
For example you buy an S2000, take it to Amuse and purchase their upgrades like in GT4, which then gives you the option of Amuse decals.

tire pressure adjustment, wheel size and offset would be sweet. as they do affect handling, and makes tuning more in depth

Why do some of you guys not want tuning on GT5?

You don't have to do it just cause the game allows it. And if done right, you'll be able to put S line rims, fenders, bumpers on Audi's, spoon parts on Honda's, Reiger parts on VW, I think it you be a good idea.

We should be able to change, at least, rims, exhaust tips and car color! Biggest failure about GT series ever, you can't have a black Civic Type-R EP3 (05''), it comes in White Championship and stays that way. Being able to buy it only on that color, ok, it wasn't available in any other at that time, but you can paint a car you have in any color you want... just pay for it!

Why do some of you guys not want tuning on GT5?

You don't have to do it just cause the game allows it. And if done right, you'll be able to put S line rims, fenders, bumpers on Audi's, spoon parts on Honda's, Reiger parts on VW, I think it you be a good idea.

We should be able to change, at least, rims, exhaust tips and car color! Biggest failure about GT series ever, you can't have a black Civic Type-R EP3 (05''), it comes in White Championship and stays that way. Being able to buy it only on that color, ok, it wasn't available in any other at that time, but you can paint a car you have in any color you want... just pay for it!

I dont think anyone said they dont want tuning. You can currently tune your cars in GT5P and every other GT.
Do you mean exterior modifications? It seems more like they just dont want NFS type exterior styling options,
or some of the corny graphics and body kits that may be seen in Forza. I think some people want them to a
certain extent. Most of the stuff you mentioned excluding rims has no actual functional benefits to the car.
And its a driving simulator and thats what its expected to be. I personally wouldnt care about a custom
paint job or a fat exhaust tip. But lighter wheels and a diffuser or a set of canards would interest me.

Thats just my interpretation.

More features the better IMO, you don't have to tune your car, or put visual mods on it. But I think it will be cool to add it so if some of us want to we can use it.

jdm aero kits would be cool, just so long as they dont (and i know they wont) include outrageous body kits and what not. but i hope different spoilers would have different aero levels too. but i do hope they have more variety of parts to choose from as well.
i mean gt4 wasn't too bad, but they missed a lot of the other tuner companies that are just as big as the ones they included.

Rims, body kits and spoilers are a must. And the body kits should be proper ones which offer actualy aerodynamic advantages, not the ones taht are just for show. Carbon fibre should definately be in as well, it does offer significant weight advantages (yes i know it was in GT4, but it would be better if you got to see the carbon fibre, like carbon fibre bonnets, that way your car at least looks lighter if you know what i mean).

Back