car does not keep top speed

  • Thread starter Thread starter whaler15ss
  • 9 comments
  • 1,140 views
Messages
1
Messages
flash
During the start of the race my car's performace slows down real bad. Can not
accelerate. Any ideas. I tried to reboot. Same thing happens.
Thank you, George
 
During the start of the race my car's performace slows down real bad. Can not
accelerate. Any ideas. I tried to reboot. Same thing happens.
Thank you, George

Easy on the gas, or try a bit of TCS to avoid wheelspin.
 
Cold tyres?
 
Cold tires is your likely culprit. Either that, or I suspect that you're OP was not descriptive enough.
 
Start slowly, too much wheelspin slows you down a lot.
 
Turn Traction control down to 1 or 0 and try and be more gentle with the throttle.
 
This means you have Too much wheel spin & Traction Control on :) I suggest if you use a wheel, you can modify the buttons so that you can bring up a menu allowing you to turn Traction Control on & off & how much. You CAN do this with a pad but i can't find space for the controls lol. So if you start a race have Traction Control off and turn it on after the start :)
 
Start in second gear.

I do that to prevent gear change because it slows down the start.
But I lose some rubber doing it but it's so worth it since I am always of first from the grid even when I duel Veyrons.
 
It could also need delicate throttle control. Launch control isn't really implemented, so you're gonna need to practice a bit.
 
Back