Car drawings

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,547 comments
I'd suggest looking at these as the writers explain their thought process which you can then relate to as you look at each step-by-step image. Hopefully this will help you understand the intent is behind each step to creating the final image.

http://designertechniques.com/tutorials/hectorrealubithandsketching01-page1.htm

http://designertechniques.com/tutorials/mikaellugnegardtraditionalrendering01-page1.htm

It's what I used to go off of when I wanted to do more than just "trying things out".

This one was back in 2009:

4508_118547074096_4070638_n.jpg

Drawing in pencil/pen? I was lazy in hatch shading.

This one was in 2011:

332125_10150513335499097_1633265255_o.jpg

Last edited:
This thread has become extremely quiet over the last year. Hopefully there will be lots of new work posted here in 2018!

Here's what I'm currently working on... a Celica ST162, one of my all time favourite cars. This was a friends car which was has now been scrapped, as it was involved in an accident last year (after he had owned it for over 20 years). :( A beautiful car well worth a drawing.

39116299804_7a2ac176e2_h.jpg

This thread has become extremely quiet over the last year. Hopefully there will be lots of new work posted here in 2018!

Here's what I'm currently working on... a Celica ST162, one of my all time favourite cars. This was a friends car which was has now been scrapped, as it was involved in an accident last year (after he had owned it for over 20 years). :( A beautiful car well worth a drawing.

39116299804_7a2ac176e2_h.jpg
Wow that's amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Now. This is my GT3 class Lexus LC500. This is my second time cross-hatching, the first being the 919 you see above. Its not great, but its a start. Like they say, there is a first time for everything.

I never was much good at drawing, but I've been kicking around ideas for a little two-seat streamlined hot rod influenced by '50s grand prix racers, powered by an air-cooled Volkswagen engine in front, and I just wanted to get something on paper:

20180725_175214.jpg

I originally drew heavily from a Connaught Type C with its fin-like posterior but decided to button it up with an integrated fuel pod hanging off the back in lieu of a spun aluminum tank held on by straps.

The insert line that mimics the overall shape designates a body panel inset by about 1/16" to do more with the dead space and also denotes the point where the body begins to curve heavily top and bottom or gradually front and back.

Last edited:
Getting... there... painfully slowly!

41602018370_d79be78c70_h.jpg
Got an audible "Wow" from me. Please share the finished results.

Hand-drawn, AI-colored backgrounds I made for my phone and computer:
View attachment 941347
View attachment 941348
Something about the colors give me a comforting memory of the 1990s. I'm liking your style.

-

This is a project I've only put 3-4 hours into. It's apart of a larger series on the Paris - Dakar rally during the 1980s. It's pretty time consuming, especially when I'm trying to stylize it while keeping an accurate look.

Peugeot Dakar-02.png

This one isn't really a car drawing, but a little logo I made for fun. It may possibly be used if I can fund it. I'd love to run a small moving company, and considering I'm looking to import a Suzuki carry from Japan, as well as a Cappuccino, it could happen.

Smalltime movers.png

Back