Car drawings

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,547 comments
Okay, made it smaller.

250803-190803-STibackend.jpg

See, the problem here is that car designs need to somehow communicate the dimensions and proportions of the car. Your drawings don't do this. They are very distorted and for that reason say nothing meaningful about the car. I hope in your studies you can hone your drawing skills to be more accurate.

Originally posted by milefile
See, the problem here is that car designs need to somehow communicate the dimensions and proportions of the car. Your drawings don't do this. They are very distorted and for that reason say nothing meaningful about the car. I hope in your studies you can hone your drawing skills to be more accurate.
who do you mean about!

My Lasest one Porsche 911 Turbo Saloon.

Attachments

• my own car design named the porsche 911 turbo saloon.jpg
    my own car design named the porsche 911 turbo saloon.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 356
My Next one TVR XVR 655 enjoy i have taken, some parts from F1 and put them into a car enjoy.

Attachments

• my own car design named the tvr xvr 655.jpg
    my own car design named the tvr xvr 655.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 358
before you distort any car, you have to know to draw cars perfectly. you obviously cant. even if it was deformed by purpose, it shows mistakes that arent commited by purpose. as some one in here said, sorry, but your drawings (not designs) look as if they were from a 9-year-old.
bleh. Ill post a quick render of a sports car design I made a while ago. that is a desing, that has some thinking. bot to really brag about, but Im good with the pencil. then again, I can deform a car so itll look like a tooned car, but youll see more of it in my page. for now, here is the "Windam":

Attachments

• sporty.jpg
    sporty.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 502
Originally posted by Cano
before you distort any car, you have to know to draw cars perfectly. you obviously cant. even if it was deformed by purpose, it shows mistakes that arent commited by purpose. as some one in here said, sorry, but your drawings (not designs) look as if they were from a 9-year-old.
bleh. Ill post a quick render of a sports car design I made a while ago. that is a desing, that has some thinking. bot to really brag about, but Im good with the pencil. then again, I can deform a car so itll look like a tooned car, but youll see more of it in my page. for now, here is the "Windam":
Nice but who did you mean about!

Also here is my lasest one i have, not finished i only have to colour the last wheel in.

fb41cb42.jpg

Also its called the Mitsubishi RXT VII enjoy! :)

Holy **** Cano...now that's good. I can't do any designs myself, I just get a pic from the net then try and draw it.

TVRFerrariFan, he was talking about you...

EDIT: Cano, that sort of looks like Mercedes lights, with a Saleen S7 back end. It's a good mix, I wish I was creative.

Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Holy **** Cano...now that's good. I can't do any designs myself, I just get a pic from the net then try and draw it.

TVRFerrariFan, he was talking about you...

EDIT: Cano, that sort of looks like Mercedes lights, with a Saleen S7 back end. It's a good mix, I wish I was creative.
Also i take parts from, other cars and put them togther.

Originally posted by TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Nice but who did you mean about!

Also here is my lasest one i have, not finished i only have to colour the last wheel in.

fb41cb42.jpg

Also its called the Mitsubishi RXT VII enjoy! :)

You know, some people just can't draw. There's no shame in that. It's not everybody's calling.

No i want to do cars as a living, also i will learn new staff at collage in Sept.
fbf6db22.jpg

Attachments

• my 3 day art exam work(1).jpg
    my 3 day art exam work(1).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 349
Very funny if you think i have bad drawings i got one of the best marks in the art exam, and got the best the school i lefted ever had.

TVR, I think you need more practice. Cano, on the other hand is Car Designer matierial. I also want to be Car Designer. Still practice though. Keep trying mate.

Originally posted by TVR&Ferrari_Fan
Very funny if you think i have bad drawings i got one of the best marks in the art exam, and got the best the school i lefted ever had.

Stop drawing and study English some.

Seriously. You're pushing people to be brutally honest. Your car drawings suck, hard. It's an indisputable fact. This looks like something a kindergardener drew.

fbf6db22.jpg

But your face drawing is pretty good. You are obviously more attuned to an organic style and have trouble with exactness and precision. Some people would say that is a great thing. Go with what you're good at.

Originally posted by milefile
Stop drawing and study English some.

Seriously. You're pushing people to be brutally honest. Your car drawings suck, hard. It's an indisputable fact. This looks like something a kindergardener drew.

fbf6db22.jpg

But your face drawing is pretty good. You are obviously more attuned to an organic style and have trouble with exactness and precision. Some people would say that is a great thing. Go with what you're good at.
They are cartoon cars or joke cars also they, were done with water colours.

fd4fb137.jpg

fca61fca.jpg

fc520a4c.jpg

fbdfb722.jpg

look, its noticeable that you tried to get the tires crooked in those drawings, but, I look into your "serious" car drawings and you cant even render a circle. nor an oval. your tires look flattened. your cars have NO VOLUME whatsoever. the rims look like pappers sticked to the boogie tires... what is more, in some draws you draw the holes in the wheels in the wrong way, the holes atach to the center of the wheel, the spokes on the wheels just come out of the wheel, and into nothing. every car you draw looks like a VW bug with a cheap fiberglass conversion put in. you are really lost, man. hey, Im not saying that you stop drawing cars, its fun, but try to get better, lo0k at the proportions of real cars and try to get them to paper. your drawing is incredibly disporportioned.

Cano

Back