Car drawings

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,547 comments
The picture I drew from was like that Shant, thanks for the positive comments...I whipped this one up from yesterday-today, it turned out okay, but I think I screwed it up a little:
070903-Ferrari logo.jpg

Hey TVR&Ferrari Fan,

I wouldn't worry about what anyone says, yes it's nice to get feedback weither harsh or not but do whatever it takes to get better if that's what you really love. Don't be discouraged if you see someone elses drawing are better than yours, practice makes perfect and you will get better. One thing I learned a lot is don't dwell on the drawing you do now because really you'd be surprized how different you'll look at them later when your at a higher level. Be enthusiastic about drawing but not about the one you just did. If you haven't already seen my pics here's a link --> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-30215.html .

Nick:banghead:

btw, what are the triangles on your car drawings for?? I thought you were doing a paint job design at first but I don't know since it's on all of them?

Originally posted by under18carbon
I don't know what you mean by chopped, but shading is something I suck at.

yeah, I forget not everyone here is a hot rodder. ok:

-Chopped car (in the world): a car that has had its roof lowered by cutting up a portion off the middle of the pillars

-Chopped car (GTP): a photoshop work :rolleyes:

there. the roof on yer skyline looks too low, so it looks like its chopped. done a lot to hot rods and customs. hey, for you ricerocketers here, there is even a chopped wrx somewhere.

Cano

and doesnt matter if you suck at shading, ad some color or volume. it looks plane.

I have a new car design i will post it soon up what kind of hatchbacks or esates should, i draw based on sports cars like new car designs would a Lamborghini Dabio 6.0 esate be good. For my next car design, or a Ford Model T1 Remake be good. Or maybe a TVR Saloon or, hatchback be good or a TVR Rally car. Or even a TVR kit car be good, as my next car design also whats been my best car design i have done out of all of them.

Originally posted by teazR
Here's a couple I made years ago..

merc.jpg

roadster.jpg

hey duuuuude!!! those are really good, and Im tellin ya!!! you have faculties for hot rods dude. a bit wobly, but by my standars, because they should be perfect for everyone else. very very good ones, both. some parts dont have the simmetry they should, but they are quickies. very good man. hey, may I invite you to the drawing contest held every week at the photoshop forums? week one just passed, was an aston martin. week two will be something odd, and Id really like you to be there. would you go check it out? Ill post week 2 tomorrow and send you a pm, how's about that?

Cano

its cool to find people that have this kinda skills :D

Some nice work there, TeazR. I like the lack of outlines on the Mercury. Is it a Mercury? I'm not very well up on US cars:embarrassed:

yep it's a merc :D One of the most beautiful cars ever made

hey, this dude knows his stuff!! I like you, you know (:
so, dude, will you be in the weekly drawing comp? say yes please :D

Cano

heres the link
everyone is invited, fo course. go there and draw with us!!!

yep it's a merc :D One of the most beautiful cars ever made

I thought it was. I'm not really into hot-rods now but I always remember the Leadsleds (sp?) in my HR magazines from when I was a lad, beautiful!

Originally posted by chaser_fan
I thought it was. I'm not really into hot-rods now but I always remember the Leadsleds (sp?) in my HR magazines from when I was a lad, beautiful!

hahaha you should stop the import stuff and dive into hot rods now that you have grown up dude. you are the other way around :P

Cano

Originally posted by chaser_fan
Some nice work there, TeazR. I like the lack of outlines on the Mercury. Is it a Mercury? I'm not very well up on US cars:embarrassed:

I'm guessing he used a mix of stippling, hatching, and crosshatching to achieve that effect.

280903-Enzo.jpg

I really should have spent more time on the wheels... And I should have drawn it on white paper. :rolleyes:

Nowhere near my computer generated cars.

Originally posted by Cano
hahaha you should stop the import stuff and dive into hot rods now that you have grown up dude. you are the other way around :P

Cano

:lol: Stop the 'import stuff' never!! I like a bit of everything though. But, to be honest hot rods and American cars are never going to be popular in this part of the world. Although I know that hot rodding does have quite a sizeable following in Japan.

Originally posted by TVR&Ferrari_Fan
I do draw other things here is a real car i drew!

I found this book: How to Draw Cars Like a Pro Link: Would this be a good book to buy

Yes indeed! I have that book and it's helped me immensely!

Originally posted by Mister E
280903-Enzo.jpg

I really should have spent more time on the wheels... And I should have drawn it on white paper. :rolleyes:

Nowhere near my computer generated cars.
.....you hope to take credit for redrawing Car and Drivers letter artists Enzo? You even added the little misc lines off to the side. Whatever happened to originality? -_-

Thats not the point. Its so pathetic when people have to redraw someone elses art and try to pass it off as thier own. They dont have to say its an original. The fact that they dont say anything and just post just says that they want you to believe they drew it. Now if they were to post something like that and say they just wanted to try thier hand at someones style by first reproducing an original then thats cool. But this type of stuff is just annoying.

Never thought anyone would notice, good eye Initial. If you would have asked me where I drew it from, I would have told you.

Also, you can see I was going to draw Enzo at the top, but I erased the outline of the O.

The purpose of that thing was to adapt a color drawing into black and white, we were learning shading with a pencil. I really pissed off the teacher, because I didn't use a single method he told us to use, I just drew it. I was sleeping through his whole lecture.

Originally posted by KosmikFool
I might pick it up. It sounds helpful.

it IS helpfull, its writen by one of the best in the industry, thom taylor, and the explanations he gives are very good. also, the leads onto some techniques are good too. it has helped me immensely at learning how to color a car. the drawing part is also well covered, but as the only thing I needed was the color thing, I can say that, in that point it has helped me greatly. the whole book is really good. 'sides, all the cars in there are cool. they are all hot rods (:

Cano

Back