Car names...

  • Thread starter Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 148 comments
  • 9,886 views
What about the GT500?
Nissan Calsonic Skyline
Honda Takata Dome NSX
 
Daihatsu Midget
Ford
 
In GT5 it has to be the Aventador.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Camaro, nice simple, understated and recognizable.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Something about "M3" sounds downright mean to me, always loved it.
 
Giulia TZ2 carrozzata de ZAGATO CN.AR750106

If anyone can remember that THE FIRST TIME they see it, then +1 to them!

You don't have to remember it all.👍

The "carrozzata de ZAGATO" is actually kind of superfluous (the rest after it is just the chassis number). It's saying that the "carrozzeria" (the coach builder, several Italian companies are very popular for 3rd party styling and can even handle some manufacturing) is Zagato. I say it's superfluous because TZ stands for "Tubolare Zagato" (Zagato built a tube-frame chassis as well as the body).

By the same token, you could call the '63 Alfa Romeo Giulia Spring Speciale "carrozzata de Bertone" since Bertone handled the body for both the Giulia and pervious Giulietta Sprint Speciale cars (although the later 1.6L car is typically called Giulia SS). Bertone, arguably, made the most stylish versions for Alfa Romeo and their aerodynamic bodies wouldn't be rivaled for many years.

Zagato has been known to handle "sporty" models for Alfa, such as the TZ and SZ (Sprint Zagato, both Giulietta and new one). There was never a road-going version of the TZ2, last I remember only 10 or so race cars were made and they had a special version of that famous 1.6L that had a higher performance cylinder head with twin spark plugs per cylinder, that same twin-spark version also appears in the '65 Giulia GTA in the game. The GTA was the replacement for the TZ2, though the TZ2 was a sports car and the GTA would compete as an FIA Group 2 touring car where it would clean house (also the winner of the very first champion in its class in the SCCA Trans Am series).

If you're not familiar with the 1.6L Alfa motor I recommend you check it out, worth the read. Think dual overhead cams, all-alloy block and head, hemispherical combustion chambers, and some cars got factory iron cylinder sleeves. Not bad for a production car motor in the early '60s!

Anyways, I always liked the old Alfa Romeo names. The Italian pronunciation just rolls nicely off the tongue, especially the Speciale and Duetto.
 
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR Tommi Makinen Editon Special Color Package '99. Because 13 words. (GSR - 3 words)
 
BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99.
Even just the BMW and V12 go nicely for me, but the LMR shows off the BEASTLINESS.
Also: Jaguar XJR-9. Sounds like a nuclear warhead.
 
Aston Martin Vanquish. I hate the car but its name is immensely sexy.
 
Murcielago just sounds sexy to me
 
Nardo.


Just fun to say. "I'm going to race the (insert best Jeremy Clarkson voice here) NAAAAAAARRDOOOO today!"


And how has every Lambo been mentioned except the Countach??? Perhaps, I'm in the wrong place.
 
Suzuki Cappaccino

Especially the French version
 
You don't have to remember it all.👍

The "carrozzata de ZAGATO" is actually kind of superfluous (the rest after it is just the chassis number). It's saying that the "carrozzeria" (the coach builder, several Italian companies are very popular for 3rd party styling and can even handle some manufacturing) is Zagato. I say it's superfluous because TZ stands for "Tubolare Zagato" (Zagato built a tube-frame chassis as well as the body).

By the same token, you could call the '63 Alfa Romeo Giulia Spring Speciale "carrozzata de Bertone" since Bertone handled the body for both the Giulia and pervious Giulietta Sprint Speciale cars (although the later 1.6L car is typically called Giulia SS). Bertone, arguably, made the most stylish versions for Alfa Romeo and their aerodynamic bodies wouldn't be rivaled for many years.

Zagato has been known to handle "sporty" models for Alfa, such as the TZ and SZ (Sprint Zagato, both Giulietta and new one). There was never a road-going version of the TZ2, last I remember only 10 or so race cars were made and they had a special version of that famous 1.6L that had a higher performance cylinder head with twin spark plugs per cylinder, that same twin-spark version also appears in the '65 Giulia GTA in the game. The GTA was the replacement for the TZ2, though the TZ2 was a sports car and the GTA would compete as an FIA Group 2 touring car where it would clean house (also the winner of the very first champion in its class in the SCCA Trans Am series).

If you're not familiar with the 1.6L Alfa motor I recommend you check it out, worth the read. Think dual overhead cams, all-alloy block and head, hemispherical combustion chambers, and some cars got factory iron cylinder sleeves. Not bad for a production car motor in the early '60s!

Anyways, I always liked the old Alfa Romeo names. The Italian pronunciation just rolls nicely off the tongue, especially the Speciale and Duetto.

I read all of this, but basically the first part is funny - that the rest of the name after Giulia TZ is superfluous. Which is the whole point, and why I love it - it's hard to say when you've had a few drinks, but it's still a cooler name than the car! :lol:
 
i'm afraid no one mentioned a RUF, especially the RUF BTR, which stands for "Bi Turbo Racer"...
 
MonGnoM
i'm afraid no one mentioned a RUF, especially the RUF BTR, which stands for "Bi Turbo Racer"...

Also it has another name as well, Big Turbo RUF. ;)
 
I can't believe nobody mentioned the Mazda Furai yet...

Everything from name, shape, and engine sound is just awesome.
 
Sickest car?
Toyota 86, Ferrari F40 and Volvo C30 R-Design!

Cars that make your sick?
Nissan Leaf, Toyota Prius and Mitsubishi i-MIEV!
 
NSX Type S Zero is a pretty badass name, along with Espirit V8 GT.
 
I'm with whoever said Jensen Interceptor. I mean come on. Who wouldn't want to drive a car called an Interceptor.
 
This may show my age, but I love the name "IROC-Z"... it just screams mullets and tire smoke.

I've almost bought the Mirage Cyborg ZR a few times in game with intent to tune... then I see the picture...

Others I like:
Tempest LeMans GTO
Spitfire 1500
 
Mine would have to be 'mustang', I think it just sounds brilliant.
 
Dodge Charger R/T.

sounds already like much Horsepower...
 
Dodge Charger R/T.

sounds already like much Horsepower...

Theres alot of cool old Mopar names

Challenger
Charger
Road Runner
Super Bird
Dart
Fury
Daytona
Demon
Swinger
 
Jaaaaaaaaaag
 
Theres alot of cool old Mopar names

Challenger
Charger
Road Runner
Super Bird
Dart
Fury
Daytona
Demon
Swinger

If I had a Fury, I would name it Christine instead.
Unfortunately it isn't in The Game either.

Stratos, Diablo, Espirit, Beetle . . . these are iconic names to me. I find that sometimes the car itself adds beauty to the name. Example - Miura.
 
I name my black Citroen GT "Shadow Hunter" :D "

And I name its race car version
" Shadow Hunter X"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ian1231HK
I name my black Citroen GT "Shadow Hunter" :D "

And I name its race car version
" Shadow Hunter X"

haha, nice, well I name my Mtsubishi Lancer evo RM:
Mitsubishi Lancer R-Evolution.... (revolution.. ;) )
 
Back