Car of choice for Sarthe 30 minute endurance race?

• Thread starter AlfaDog89
  • 50 comments
The Dodge Viper Gr.4 is really good for this race, I only had to pit once hard difficult and everyone pitted just before the time was up and the result said, everyone finished a lap behind. (Hardest difficulty)
How did you pit only once. ? For me fuel gets empty for every 2 laps.

The Dodge Viper Gr.4 is really good for this race, I only had to pit once hard difficult and everyone pitted just before the time was up and the result said, everyone finished a lap behind. (Hardest difficulty)
How are you able to pit only once? For me same car needs to fuel every 2 laps

I used my Subaru GrB and my alpine 120 for months, till I tried my Venemo. It’s not even fair. It easily does 4.0x dry times and it’s AWD and does good in the rain.

I've been using a lot of different cars to run Le Mans, even trying to tune some myself, and some cars are just good to drive.

If you're looking for a Gr. 4 car, I would recommend the 86, that thing is a rocket, and did 4 laps on a tank for me, not sure how it would do on AT.

I detuned the Suzuki Gr. 3 to 700 PP, with stock settings, and it's very good too. The BMW M6 (Sprint version I think) is a bit slower, especially on the higher gears (it takes a lot to change gears on AT), but it's nice to drive too.

Now for road cars, the Diablo GT, the F40 and the Ford GT are my favorites. Z4-Swapped M3 and Supra-Swapped BRZ S are on rails. Some other cars I used and I didn't see mentioned: NSX (don't remember which, but it's one of the older ones), AMG Black Series (stock), Hellcat and R8 are some of the nicest cars I've taken to Le Mans.

Bonus: if you're using MT, consider learning to drive the DP-100, it's the fastest car I've used so far, as in, sub 4:00 on fuel 6.

Now for road cars, the Diablo GT, the F40 and the Ford GT are my favorites. Z4-Swapped M3 and Supra-Swapped BRZ S are on rails. Some other cars I used and I didn't see mentioned: NSX (don't remember which, but it's one of the older ones), AMG Black Series (stock), Hellcat and R8 are some of the nicest cars I've taken to Le Mans.
I haven’t tried the Diablo yet, but its coming. The swapped M3, NSX (’92 or ‘02 are both great, but I prefer the ‘92), Black Series and R8 are all personal favorites of mine as well, with the Toyota GR86 RZ ‘21 (sister to the BRZ) possibly making the list after a few more runs with her.

You sir, have impeccable taste! :cheers:

Last edited:
Farming.
Xj13 ‘66
Ford race car’67
Ferrari 330 ‘67
Shelby cobra ‘64
Porsche 917k ‘70
F40 ‘92
Jaguar E-type ‘61
Jaguar D-type ‘54
Aston Martin DB3S ‘53
Lamborghini LP400 ‘74
De tomaso’69&’71
Fuel map 5 you get 3 laps
Play on hard it does not rain 🌧
You can win by 20,30 seconds + on controller

Almost used all Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars and whole a lot of road and rally cars, just trying to keep it fun
fastest laps i've ever had was with:
1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti 4:07
2011 Renault Megane Trophy 4:09
with Megane i'm able to finish race with just one pitstop in at lap3
Hit me up for tune if u like

Last edited:
Almost used all Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars and whole a lot of road and rally cars, just trying to keep it fun
fastest laps i've ever had was with:
1993 Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti 4:07
2011 Renault Megane Trophy 4:09
with Megane i'm able to finish race with just one pitstop in at lap3
Hit me up for tune if u like
I'll take a tuning setup for the Megane if you're giving it out buddy.

I'll take a tuning setup for the Megane if you're giving it out buddy.
Sure thing,
As you can see i put more than 1700km on clock with this car at Le mans and mostly with Dual shock controller,
Normaly not a French car fan, but this one is so awesome, very fun to drive
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230303072332.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230303072351.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230303072401.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230303072411.jpg

I've been strictly running the 727B on Sarthe 30 minute endurance race but would love a few more options to keep it fresh. Any recommendations and tunes would be truly appreciated!
I’ve been racing the orange McLaren maxed out on HP and Weight reduction super soft tires adjust trans final gear to 3050, I let the computer do the brakes for me and let her rip it’s a real kick ass car

Ferrari testarossa ‘91 praiano tune is what I’ve been using. Bought a second one just incase this one ever gets ruined lol. No clue if body rigidity or miles on car ever make it unusable, doubt it, but I have a second one just in case cuz I like it for this race so much.

The best is Suzuki Escudo.
Unthrottled I drive 3:42:000 times, throttled 3:50:00.
you just have to wait a bit before the finish to avoid the eighth lap :)

Last edited:
Surprised I didn't see the BRZ Drift Car. I downtune the engine to where I can run softs if I want, but I usually start on mediums. Fuel map stays lean but you can open it up on straights if you have a little extra fuel. Sure you still have to pit every 2 laps, but it is fun to drive. I don't know if the experience is the same with a controller though.

Surprised I didn't see the BRZ Drift Car. I downtune the engine to where I can run softs if I want, but I usually start on mediums. Fuel map stays lean but you can open it up on straights if you have a little extra fuel. Sure you still have to pit every 2 laps, but it is fun to drive. I don't know if the experience is the same with a controller though.
The BRZ Drift Car is surprisingly good, the swapped version is even better.

Can't remember the overall price of the swapped version and I don't know how much credits you have but the fuel consumption, tyre wear and general handling make it very worth it to me.
You get 3 laps on FM1 and it flies!
If I remember correctly, FM1 laps are at around 3:54.

I use the Honda 2&4 racing soft tyres and fuel on 6. If you get rain change to intermediate on 3rd lap if no rain just refuel on lap 5 no need to change tyres.

I've been strictly running the 727B on Sarthe 30 minute endurance race but would love a few more options to keep it fresh. Any recommendations and tunes would be truly appreciated!
Any of the cars in my tuning thread (The Doc’s Classic Car Tunes Emporium)will win the 30 minute race,some without stopping.

Latest Posts

Back