Tokyo/Sarthe/Sardegna tunes for "rare" cars

United States
United States
Road Cars

Alpine A110 '17 - 690pp - Race Hards
BMW M3 E46 '03 - 678pp/max for Sarthe - Race Hards
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta - Maxed for Sarthe - Race Hards (Revised tune HERE)
Ferrari F50 '95 - 771pp/Sardegna - Race Hards/Mediums
Ford GT40 MK1 '66 - Sarthe - Race Hards
Honda NSX Type R '02 - 766pp/Maxed for Sardegna - Race Hards/Mediums
Honda NSX Type R '02/NSX GT500 engine swap - 700pp/Sarthe - Race Hards
Honda S2000 '99 - 686pp/Max for Sarthe - Race Hard/Medium
Jaguar E-Type Coupe '61 - 660pp/max - Race Hards - No ugly wing
Lamborghini Aventador LP 750-4 SV '15 - 768pp/Sardegna - Race Hards/Mediums
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 - 600pp - Sport Hards
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 - 700pp - Race Hards - No Wing
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype '67 - 700pp - Race Hards - With Wing (Note: The 600pp and 700pp "no wing" Miura's can be performed on the same car. The 700pp with Wing has more permanent upgrades and a different car is needed)

Maserati Merak SS '80 - 682pp/Sarthe - Race Hards/Mediums
Mazda RX500 '70 - 678pp/maxed for Sarthe - Race Hards or Mediums
Maxda RX500 - 600pp/Tokyo - Sport Hards
Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12/787b engine swap - 775+pp/Sardegna - Race Hard/Medium
Mercedes-Benz 300SL Coupe '54 - Maxed/Sarthe - Race Hard/Medium
McLaren F1 '94 - 750pp+ - Race Hards - Sardegna
McLaren F1 '94 - 700PP - Race Hard - Aero Parts Added
McLaren F1 '94 - 700pp - Race Hards - No Wing/Front Splitter
McLaren F1 '94 - 600pp - Sports Hards/Tokyo
Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 - 700pp/Sarthe - Race Hards
Nissan Fairlady Z 432 '69 - 663pp/Sarthe - Race Hards/Mediums
Porsche 911 Carrera RS (901) '73 - 659pp/Maxed for Sarthe - Race Hards/Mediums
Porsche 911 Carrera RS (964) '92 - 700pp - Race Hards
Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion '97 - 757pp/Sardegna - Race Hards/Mediums
RUF CTR3 '07 - 755pp/Sardegna - Race Hards/Mediums
Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 - 700pp/Maxed for Sarthe - Race Hards
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 - 700pp/Sarthe - Race Hards
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 - 760pp/Max for Sardegna - Race Hards/Mediums

Race Cars

Amuse S2000 GT1/NSX Concept GT500 swap - 700pp/Sarthe - Race Hards
Ferrari 250 GTO '62 - 630pp/maxxed for Sarthe - Race Hards/Mediums
Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - 700pp - Race Hards
Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - 750+pp/Sardegna - Race Hards/Mediums/Softs
Ford GT40 Mark IV Race Car '67 - 700pp/Sarthe - Race Hards
Honda RA272 '65 - 666pp/Sarthe - All racing tires
Jaguar XJ13 '66 - 700pp/Sarthe - Race Hards
McLaren F1 GTR '95 "Short Tail" (Gr. 3) - 793pp for Sardegna - Race Hards
McLaren P1 GTR '16 - 800pp/Sardegna - Race Hards
Porsche 917k '70 - 700pp - Race Hards
Porsche 917k '70 - 600pp - Sport Hards/Tokyo
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 - 700pp - Race Hards

Non-Competitive (in the races that pay well)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SL (W194) '52 - 545pp - Sports Softs (or any tire you want)

Last edited:
Ford GT40 MK1 '66 Wide-body - Sarthe - Race Hard

Works with normal or wide-body.
Transmission: Gearing and power-band set lower in the rev-range to theoretically be more fuel efficient with short-shifts while still getting good acceleration.

Set max speed to 270
Set final gear to 2.545-ish for a good mix of top speed/rev-limiter overhead under a mix of FM5/6 and full fuel usage.

Attachments

• IMG_1633.jpeg
    IMG_1633.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1634.jpeg
    IMG_1634.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1635.jpeg
    IMG_1635.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - 700PP - Race Hard

Still a little kink that could be worked out but is plenty stable and quick (not that it really matters at WTC 700 Sarthe)

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpeg
    IMG_1627.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1628.jpeg
    IMG_1628.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1629.jpeg
    IMG_1629.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Porsche 917k '70 - 700PP - Race Hards

Feels like driving an open-wheel due to how low it sits and takes some getting used to. Not even sure this one needs a tune but I didn't see anyone else post any tune for it so figured I toss it up as well. Should run 3 laps at FM3 or FM4 before needing to pit.

Again, set transmission to 260, then set the gears.

Also, if anyone knows a way to add photos and then add text afterward please let me know. I'd like to do 2-3 of these per post instead of a post for each one, but also don't want to take up the space of the massive full-page photo inserts...

Attachments

• IMG_1638.jpeg
    IMG_1638.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1637.jpeg
    IMG_1637.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1636.jpeg
    IMG_1636.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Porsche 917k '70 700PP Race Hard

Feels like driving an open-wheel due to how low it sits and takes some getting used to. Not even sure this one needs a tune but I didn't see anyone else post any tune for it so figured I toss it up as well. Should run 3 laps at FM3 or FM4 before needing to pit.

Also, if anyone knows a way to add photos and then add text afterward please let me know. I'd like to do 2-3 of these per post instead of a post for each one, but also don't want to take up the space of the massive full-page photo inserts...
Amazing job on this tune. I got first place by lap 2 on fuel map 6! Thank you!

Not really a tune, but I'd suggest the 918 Spyder for this race.

Its stock PP with Sport Medium tires is just below 670, with racing hards it goes to 700 and something, Just reduce the power a bit, so it's within the 700 PP limit, and you're good to go. Easy to drive, no tune needed, even on fuel map 5 it still quite a bit faster on the straights compared to the Gr.4 cars. Can do 3 laps on fuel map 5 (you can mix it with 4 and 5), in the end, depending on the weather conditions, I get first place somewhere between 30 secs and 1 minute from 2nd.

Beware that I think the 918's PP is lower than it should be. A car with that performance, should have quite a bit more in it's stock form. It's possible PD changes it later, but for now, it's great for the grind.

Porsche 917k '70 700PP Race Hard

Excellent. Thanks. I can understand why Steve McQueen spun this car in the rain. 🙂 Wets are a must.

I was hoping to find a setup for the FORD GT-LM Spec 2 Test Car (black GT5). I’ve just started looking.

McLaren F1 '94 - Sports Hards - 600pp

This tune was an attempt to keep it as stock as possible. The Transmission is the customizable: manual from the Semi-Racing section NOT the custom: racing from Racing section. It drops about 6PP going this route and sounds more authentic, imo.

Aside from all Aero Parts added the only upgrade is Racing Air Filter. I kept the muffler stock as it just sounds great in the cabin.

Attachments

• IMG_1676.jpeg
    IMG_1676.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1677.jpeg
    IMG_1677.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1678.jpeg
    IMG_1678.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I was hoping to find a setup for the FORD GT-LM Spec 2 Test Car (black GT5). I’ve just started looking.
I can give it a shot. 730PP?

Edit: I forgot this has Sarthe in the title, lol. I assume you mean 700PP...

Edit: Damn, I see why you're looking for a tune.... There's something bugged in the suspension; this feels like many of the FR/MR cars at launch. I've got about 600 miles on my Spec II Test Car so I know it was functioning until 1.23. Weird...

For Sarthe it's never going to be a top car due to the minimum downforce levels being so high, especially the front minimum of 400, which limits the speed to about 170mph at FM1 on the straights.
That said it can still decimate the AI in the corners and as long as you draft you can keep pace on the straights. It's fairly fun and since lap times don't really matter at Sarthe it's still worth using. Just don't let it de-stabilize! Lightly brushing against an AI car, one wheel in the sand/grass, etc almost immediately upsets it so give the AI a wide berth on the first lap.

Try this (to follow) for now. I'm working on a Sardegna/775PP+ tune and once I get it stable it will probably be the better suspension setup. Might take a while to get the final version though as this is one of the most broken cars I've experienced in the game since the 1.22 physics version and prior.

Last edited:
Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car (black #4, not the silver version) Race Hards. Low-End Supercharger. 700PP/Sarthe

FM2 will get you three laps no prob, FM1 should get three if you short-shift and since its using a low-end supercharger I'd short-shift 1-4, but I left some overhead in gear 5 and 6 to gain speed while drafting on the straights when possible (very much needed due to all the front downforce) Be careful in first, especially on uneven ground and corners. Sometimes it's planted, other times it just wants to spin... Sardegna tune coming soon when I can figure out the suspension issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1679.jpeg
    IMG_1679.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1680.jpeg
    IMG_1680.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
McLaren F1 '94 - 750PP+ for Sardegna - Race Mediums

I've kept the power down to save a bit of fuel. I personally think the carbon-ceramic brakes make a big difference on this car though the will wear the tires quicker. They seem to be cosmetic-only on a lot of cars but are certainly functional on the F1. Run FM6 and pit after lap 5 and 10. Overall time is no where near the top Gr. 1 cars for this race but it can do 1:38 and better laps, probably quicker if you add more power. A One-stop may be possible by lowering power a bit more and extreme short-shifting.

If you're not used to running road cars at Sardegna realize you can't carry the speed through corners they way a GT3/GT2/LMP1 car can, but once you learn your brake points and how to stretch the fuel it can be pretty fun. It's a nice change of pace, and a good way to start making those 20mil credits back, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1675.jpeg
    IMG_1675.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1674.jpeg
    IMG_1674.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1673.jpeg
    IMG_1673.jpeg
    169.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 - 669pp (for Sarthe/WTC 700) - Race Hards

Brakes are not great, as I'm sure anyone that's tried driving this car knows. If braking into a corner and it starts to wobble, give it a slight bit of gas whilst continuing to brake. Should straighten it out... I've still not found a way to tune this out. I think the issue is the car is too fast for the modeling of these old pads/drums (I assume).

Anyway, will cruise 3 laps at FM6 easily, can just make 3 at FM5, and I left some room in the transmission settings to run it at FM1 without hitting the rev-limiter constantly. Go easy on the throttle in lower gears at high fuel flow-rates, and practice your brake points as the brake zone aid isn't going to help you with this car. It's quick for its age, but if you aren't careful it'll kill ya (as a Cobra should)

Attachments

• IMG_1682.jpeg
    IMG_1682.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1683.jpeg
    IMG_1683.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1684.jpeg
    IMG_1684.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Porsche 917k - 600pp - Tokyo

Not a top car for the event, but its a fun drive and can match Gallo/new NSX's speed on the straight. 2:08 laps (dry) in my hands, so there are at least a few seconds I'm leaving on the table that better drivers will find. The first two gears are really long to cut back on wheel-spin somewhat, though throttle control is still needed, especially in that 180 degree hairpin before coming onto the straight.

Attachments

• IMG_1685.jpeg
    IMG_1685.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1686.jpeg
    IMG_1686.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1687.jpeg
    IMG_1687.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Not really a tune, but I'd suggest the 918 Spyder for this race.

Its stock PP with Sport Medium tires is just below 670, with racing hards it goes to 700 and something, Just reduce the power a bit, so it's within the 700 PP limit, and you're good to go. Easy to drive, no tune needed, even on fuel map 5 it still quite a bit faster on the straights compared to the Gr.4 cars. Can do 3 laps on fuel map 5 (you can mix it with 4 and 5), in the end, depending on the weather conditions, I get first place somewhere between 30 secs and 1 minute from 2nd.

Beware that I think the 918's PP is lower than it should be. A car with that performance, should have quite a bit more in it's stock form. It's possible PD changes it later, but for now, it's great for the grind.
I bought the 918 when it dropped 4-5 months ago and then completely forgot it even exists in the game! Glad you posted this as I might not have seen it ever again; I've got like 7-8 of each of the air-cooled 911's so all I ever see are the 930/964/993's when I open the Porsche tab, lol.

That does sound odd that it fits into 700PP with racing tires... seems really low. 2840lb with 800+hp and the aero of a GT4 car... I need to check this out

I've been running the SC430 GR2 car on Sardenga ... won that off a ticket, huge surprise there .. looking to get a decent tune.. it's pretty decent out the box but have been in the solid 1:37-1:40 laps depending on traffic

I've been running the SC430 GR2 car on Sardenga ... won that off a ticket, huge surprise there .. looking to get a decent tune.. it's pretty decent out the box but have been in the solid 1:37-1:40 laps depending on traffic
Have you tried Praiano's tune?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/page-146#post-13795877

I'm just trying to get tunes up for the cars the real tuners haven't already gotten to. I'll guarantee anything he puts together would be better than what I'd come up with, lol. It's set for Spa so you might want to shorten the gears by increasing the final gear (until 6th says something like 320-330km/hr, that's usually around the max for the straight on Sardegna for cars with high downforce.

The SC430 is probably the slowest of the Gr. 2's at Sardegna, but is still fun to drive and far from being slow. If you've tried his tune and its too loose/too stiff, etc for your preferences I can help you tweak it out though.

I have his tune on a different sheet but my tune isn't horrible.... I just did my daily ticket run and finished with a 25:46 total time.... it is a dog on accelerating out of corners though, not running a manual.... lol.... I'll probably try his tune just to check it out though

I just tried that tune... not optimized for 1.27 patch as it shows a 814.11PP .... lol... not sure what happened... on my tune I'm running a little bit of ballast... trying to keep the HP up though...

I just tried that tune... not optimized for 1.27 patch as it shows a 814.11PP .... lol... not sure what happened... on my tune I'm running a little bit of ballast... trying to keep the HP up though...
Yeah, I just checked it myself a little bit ago. In 1.22 and prior one could lower the PP suspension and LSD settings, and after 1.23 hit a lot of tunes jumped in PP.

Are you using a high-rpm turbo or medium? I had to add weight and move it to the front (hate to do it but it drops the PP) but with a slightly tweaked tune running a medium-rpm turbo I was able to run a 25:31. High-rpm gives more power and makes corner exists more stable, but the bad thing is acceleration out of the corners is cut down.

I don't have a way to upload pics at the moment but I can type it out if you want to try it... Race Hards/Medium Turbo.

Suspension:
62 77
5 1
30 33
40 43
4.00 4.10
1.5 2.0
\/0.14 /\0.25

LSD: 12/47/33 Downforce: 550/849

ECU: 90 Ballast: 57 Position: -50 Power Restrictor 90

Transmission is the same as Praiano's (so I'd just modify the page you already have of his tune) and set the final gear to 2.662. If you plan to run fuel map 3 or higher I'd bring the final gear to like 2.700. Shift about 2/3 to the rev-limiter except on 5 I'd shift at 1/3 and you shouldn't have any problem getting 8 laps before needing to pit. Careful in first around corners; adding weight to the front isn't very kind to corner-exit wheel spin, but its not like you need extreme throttle control. I tried it an a controller and it was fine. Otherwise I just ran FM2 (FM1 might work if you short-shift so you might try that) for 8 laps, got new tires and then ran FM2/FM1 the rest of the race. I think I had one lap at 1:35.x, but I was averaging like 1:38's. It was quicker for me than the stock suspension, which was 25:53, though that was a sample size of 2 and 1, this tune and stock. Hopefully it's quicker for you.

Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 - 669pp (for Sarthe/WTC 700) - Race Hards

Brakes are not great, as I'm sure anyone that's tried driving this car knows. If braking into a corner and it starts to wobble, give it a slight bit of gas whilst continuing to brake. Should straighten it out... I've still not found a way to tune this out. I think the issue is the car is too fast for the modeling of these old pads/drums (I assume).

Anyway, will cruise 3 laps at FM6 easily, can just make 3 at FM5, and I left some room in the transmission settings to run it at FM1 without hitting the rev-limiter constantly. Go easy on the throttle in lower gears at high fuel flow-rates, and practice your brake points as the brake zone aid isn't going to help you with this car. It's quick for its age, but if you aren't careful it'll kill ya (as a Cobra should)
very nice tune you got here @Pizzicato1985. tried it on lemans 700 and i won without breaking a sweat.i was also suprised that the car was little bit oversteery because in my experience cars from the '60s-'80s mostly are heavy when it comes to steering response.oh and btw, i still use your 917k tune (modded a little bit by @perico) from a few months ago and it still works wonders.thanks!

very nice tune you got here @Pizzicato1985. tried it on lemans 700 and i won without breaking a sweat.i was also suprised that the car was little bit oversteery because in my experience cars from the '60s-'80s mostly are heavy when it comes to steering response.oh and btw, i still use your 917k tune (modded a little bit by @perico) from a few months ago and it still works wonders.thanks!
Glad you liked you it! I don't like cars to be too stiff when you can tell they weren't actually like that back in the day... might make them a little harder to drive but there needs to be some danger left in to keep you on your toes, lol.

Edit: I must still be drunk from last night as I read your comment totally wrong lol... The Toe/ride height settings end up a little over-steer-ey because of Sardegna/Tokyo. I like cars that will roll through those 90 degree+ corners freely so I can get them as straight as possible before stomping the gas again. Then I end up back at Sarthe and cars just don't feel right unless they have that throttle-lift oversteer (which I'm not sure if they had or not... Never actually driven a car that didn't have power steering!)

Last edited:
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta '61 - 681PP - Race Medium

This is the ultra-rare "Competizione" variant. Lighter than the GTO, with about 66 more horsepower. Better exhaust note too, and its less than half the price! lol

I've got it set up with Race Mediums but Hards are fine too. Run it at FM4 for 3 laps at Sarthe and careful on the throttle if it's started to rain on lap 3 as the mediums will be pretty worn by then. Oh, I'd also lower the brake sensitivity by a few points to 32 or 33 as I kept forgetting to do it myself... Transmission was just eye-balled so its very possible to optimize it for better acceleration, but as it stands its faster than the GTO and can win Sarthe, though its not going to completely outrun the AI on hard like some other cars can.

Attachments

• IMG_1690.jpeg
    IMG_1690.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1689.jpeg
    IMG_1689.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1688.jpeg
    IMG_1688.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
McLaren F1 '94 - 700pp - Race Hards - No Aero parts

I watched an F1 documentary that made me want to put together a more "pure" tune for Sarthe. Gordon was saying it was meant to be able to drive around town running errands and be comfortable doing it. Just so happened to be the fastest production road car made for the next 15 years... So that was my goal here: soft suspension with a little bit of play, but will still do around 200mph on the Mulsanne and you don't need to ruin the lines with an ugly wing. Custom MANUAL transmission from semi-racing category, not custom racing. Gives more PP for power and just sounds awesome. Racing transmission will still work as there is plenty of power to spare, just adjust the ECU down until its under 700pp. FM4-6 mix (depending on difficulty) for 3 laps and shifting about halfway to rev limiter on the tach HUD. Just run FM6 if you want to rev it out to 7500+rpm.

Attachments

• IMG_1693.jpeg
    IMG_1693.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1694.jpeg
    IMG_1694.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1695.jpeg
    IMG_1695.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Yeah, I just checked it myself a little bit ago. In 1.22 and prior one could lower the PP suspension and LSD settings, and after 1.23 hit a lot of tunes jumped in PP.

Are you using a high-rpm turbo or medium? I had to add weight and move it to the front (hate to do it but it drops the PP) but with a slightly tweaked tune running a medium-rpm turbo I was able to run a 25:31. High-rpm gives more power and makes corner exists more stable, but the bad thing is acceleration out of the corners is cut down.

I don't have a way to upload pics at the moment but I can type it out if you want to try it... Race Hards/Medium Turbo.

Suspension:
62 77
5 1
30 33
40 43
4.00 4.10
1.5 2.0
\/0.14 /\0.25

LSD: 12/47/33 Downforce: 550/849

ECU: 90 Ballast: 57 Position: -50 Power Restrictor 90

Transmission is the same as Praiano's (so I'd just modify the page you already have of his tune) and set the final gear to 2.662. If you plan to run fuel map 3 or higher I'd bring the final gear to like 2.700. Shift about 2/3 to the rev-limiter except on 5 I'd shift at 1/3 and you shouldn't have any problem getting 8 laps before needing to pit. Careful in first around corners; adding weight to the front isn't very kind to corner-exit wheel spin, but its not like you need extreme throttle control. I tried it an a controller and it was fine. Otherwise I just ran FM2 (FM1 might work if you short-shift so you might try that) for 8 laps, got new tires and then ran FM2/FM1 the rest of the race. I think I had one lap at 1:35.x, but I was averaging like 1:38's. It was quicker for me than the stock suspension, which was 25:53, though that was a sample size of 2 and 1, this tune and stock. Hopefully it's quicker for you.
Yeah mine is a bit different... let me see if I can get a screenie..... kind of a pain to take pics on that 85" screen... lol...

Attachments

• 20230103_144753.jpg
    20230103_144753.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20230103_144801.jpg
    20230103_144801.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 13
Ohhh... and running a medium turbo.... forgot to mention that, I do have the high rpm one as well.... I may have to play with the differential to see if it can get a bit more acceleration out of the corners but the tune is doing ok... I'm a mediocre driver.... lol.... I've had a 1:36.01 lap so far in it...
Then I swap to the 787 and run low 1:34s and I feel that the SC430 is just slow... lol.. but that's the difference between a GR.1 and 2 car I suppose.... plus the 787 only needs 1 pit stop, even on FM1, compared to 2 pits in the SC430

Yeah mine is a bit different... let me see if I can get a screenie..... kind of a pain to take pics on that 85" screen... lol...
I hear ya... I need to start getting actual screenshots from the Playstation instead of taking photos, but I'm lazy...

It looks like your downforce for the front is 10 points high, and you need to drop the weight to 57 and put it all the way at the front (-50) as that will lower the PP more even though the weight distro would be the same. If it's still not below 800pp raise the rear downforce to 849 and it should be good as long as you're on the medium turbo.

I tried quite a few different setups using high-rpm and I just couldn't get it to run laps as quickly as the medium. With closer-ratio tall gearing it'll be quicker, but you'll also be using a lot more fuel if you stay high in the revs. It's a give & take trying to optimize these race cars, especially when the stock tune is already pretty damned solid.

Attachments

• IMG_1696.jpeg
    IMG_1696.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1697.jpeg
    IMG_1697.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 16
Yeah... that is my tune I did after getting that SC430 off a roulette ticket, /gasp...... lol..... I can mess with it more but have been having fun with the 787...
As it sits with my tune I get consistent 1:36-1:39 laps depending if I'm in traffic or not... AI trys to take me out every chance it gets... I'm driving on normal, not hard

Last edited:
Yeah... that is my tune I did after getting that SC430 off a roulette ticket, /gasp...... lol..... I can mess with it more but have been having fun with the 787...
As it sits with my tune I get consistent 1:36-1:39 laps depending if I'm in traffic or not... AI trys to take me out every chance it gets... I'm driving on normal, not hard
SC430 is a great car its just not a world-beater. Seems no matter what one does it's going to run 1:36's, maybe a 1:35 when the stars align for me, but somehow I can never get the total time below 25min, which is weird as other cars that can do 1:36's can break the 25min mark.

The 787b is a monster! You can add pretty much all the ballast and drop the front downforce to minimum to get as much power as possible and still run it at FM1 with 1 stop. Or you can dial down the fuel mapping and just cruise for 15 laps, or at least you could before the update a few months ago that made tires wear about 50% quicker...

But yeah, playing around with different settings on the 787b at this race is where I learned what little I know about tuning. It's a fun combo for sure.

Back