Car of the Month October - Featuring the C5 Vette! Tunes and Reviews Wanted

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
So I had an idea and posted it in the "Difficult Car Moving On" thread with no response so I thought I would start this to see if there is any interest. The Following is a copy/paste of the original post in the other thread....

First let me say thank you to @@XS for all your work with the directory and the difficult car thread. I never submitted a tune but did try to with a few, never was happy with them though. My thoughts are to continue the idea mixing it with what @@DigitalBaka used to do with car of the month.
Here you go, simple, pick a car and accept tunes, hopefully others will continue to give their reviews. Suggestions for the following month will determine which ones get used, although not necessarily a "difficult" car. Preferred would be rarely used such as the '00 Corvette Z06. Most will opt for the '04 Zo6(C5) or the '06 Z06 (C6), could also choose generations, meaning more than one specific car. An example would be C4 Vettes, the ZR1 or Grand Sport. Just submit a tune and give pp/tires and suggestion for track to run on!

Edit: I am going to give this a try, will be updating this thread instead of starting a new one. Should be up hopefully tomorrow. Will be looking for suggestions for November.

You can scroll down a few posts or jump from here.
There will also be a suggestion post to give you an idea of what I would like to do moving forward in the coming months. Please feel free to voice your opinion/choice! That post is here.

Tunes can be found in post #7 or jump from here.

Thank you and have fun!!!

Last edited:
I've always liked these kinds of things (we ran many in GT5). I can't always take part, but I do enjoy and will follow 👍
@Bowtie-muscle - I have taken part in these in the past but I doubt that I will be able to take part in this anymore. Not unless I have already tuned a car up which is being tested and reviewed. I have started a Nursing degree course this week so my life has suddenly got a lot busier.

@Bowtie-muscle - I have taken part in these in the past but I doubt that I will be able to take part in this anymore. Not unless I have already tuned a car up which is being tested and reviewed. I have started a Nursing degree course this week so my life has suddenly got a lot busier.
You do have more important things, I have ideas, just wanted to see if there was interest in continuing or not. Not competition, just tunes and reviews like before. Just not always a difficult car, and if there is interest, input from others on what car or cars to use. You have so many tunes, it's possible you may fit in from time to time.

Welcome to "Car of the Month - October"

This is not a competition, just a chance to highlight certain cars. This month we will use the Corvette C5. The rarely used '00 Z06

14729483185_c133695f39.jpg

The '04 Z06

14335980010_4a8c27a8e5.jpg

Add front Aero, a Wing and Flat Floors and you have a GT/Touring Car

14522628225_9d326bd6f6.jpg

The C5-R Racecar

14799713526_232e1bbe47.jpg

And Finally, the WILDCARD, the Callaway C12 '03 which is based off of the C5.
A tuner version of sorts.

15199687779_c82e71eeba.jpg

Which will you choose to post? Feel free to grab and tune any of these beauties and share your tunes with others. Please give a tire/track suggestion and let the reviews begin!

Suggestions

So here is the basic idea I am going for, let's feature a car or model each month. Does not have to be a difficult car, just one that we can all enjoy. The rarer the better. Also not limited to just one car, it can be one model but limited to one generation such as the C5 Corvette I have chosen for this month. The following is a list of examples:

Single cars -
Gran Turismo S '08
MP4-12C '10
(Amuse) Nismo 380RS Super Leggera
Isuzu 4200R '89

Single models -
BR-Z/FR-S/86 GT - AND ANY RACE VERSION
Speedster/Speedster Turbo-VX220/VX220 Turbo
M3 '04/CSL '03/GTR '03/GTR Racecar '04
Skyline R33 Gt-R - V-Spec/V-spec N1/LM Limited/Touring Car/4ooR/LM Road Going Version

Please feel free to give your opinion, thoughts or suggestions. I will see how this goes and continue only as long as interest takes it. So lets here from you!

Last edited:
To get things started, I have already tuned each of these with the exception of the Callaway but am hoping to get to it soon. Here are links to those finished tunes:

Corvette Z06 '00 - here - Try at Apricot Hill on Sport Medium or Soft
Corvette Z06 '04 - here - Try at Willow or Silverstone International on Sport Soft
Corvette Z06 '04 (Flat Floor) - here - Try at Willow Springs on Sport Soft, or on Racing Hard anywhere.
Corvette C5-R '00 - here - Racing Hard at Spa or Le Sarthe
Callaway C12 '03 - 500pp here - Autumn Ring Seasonal
Callaway C12 '03 - 550pp here - Willow Springs

Tunes by @shaunm80

Callaway C12 '03 - 500pp (SH) here
Callaway C12 '03 - 500pp (SS) here
Callaway C12 '03 - 550pp (SS) here
Corvette Z06 '04 - 500pp (SH) here
Corvette Z06 '04 - 550pp (SS) here
Corvette Z06 '00 - 500pp (SS) here
Corvette Z06 '00 - 550pp (SS) here

Tunes by @sinof1337

Corvette Z06 '04 - 550pp here

Tunes by @Ridox2JZGTE

Corvette Z06 '04 - 502/505pp (CS) here

Tunes by @xande1959

Corvette Z06 '04 - 530pp here

Tunes by @Rush471

Corvette Z06 '04 550pp here

Tunes by @krenkme

Corvette Z06 '04 550pp (SS) here
Callaway C12 500pp (SS) here

Tune by @Rooky Balboa

Corvette Zo6 550pp here

Reviews:
By - @sinof1337
All Corvettes stock - here

By - @shaunm80
Bowtie-muscle Z06 '04 - here

By - Bowtie-muscle
shaunm80 Z06 '00 - here
Callaway Comparison Bowtie/shaun - here

By @cbarbosa
Bowtie-muscle Z06 '00 - here
shaunm80 Z06 '00 - here
shaunm80 Z06 '00 - here

By @TurnLeft
shaunm80 Z06 '04 550pp - here
sinof1337 Z06 '04 550pp SM - here
Ridox2JZGTE Z06 '04 - here
xande1959 Z06 '04 550pp - here
Rush471 Z06 '04 550pp - here
krenkme Z06 '04 550pp - here

Turn Left Hands Out Awards - here

Last edited:
I wouldn't use the 500PP SS Callaway on London track. Its not that its a bad track for it, its such a big car, it feels a little cumbersome to get a clean lap in. Original tracks and open tracks are the best tracks for the Callaway C12 :)

Suggestions

So here is the basic idea I am going for, let's feature a car or model each month. Does not have to be a difficult car, just one that we can all enjoy. The rarer the better. Also not limited to just one car, it can be one model but limited to one generation such as the C5 Corvette I have chosen for this month. The following is a list of examples:

Single cars -
Gran Turismo S '08
MP4-12C '10
Isuzu 4200R '89

Single models -
Skyline R33 Gt-R - V-Spec/V-spec N1/LM Limited/Touring Car/4ooR/LM Road Going Version

Please feel free to give your opinion, thoughts or suggestions. I will see how this goes and continue only as long as interest takes it. So lets here fro you!
Any of the BMWs are good fun and would be an excellent choice. M3s or CSL/GTR tunes. They are all very similar in car design at the end of the day. Gran Turismo S '08 is an epic car and one that is underused in GT6 in my opinion and being Patriotic, the fantastic british super car would always get my vote :)

Any of the BMWs are good fun and would be an excellent choice. M3s or CSL/GTR tunes. They are all very similar in car design at the end of the day. Gran Turismo S '08 is an epic car and one that is underused in GT6 in my opinion and being Patriotic, the fantastic british super car would always get my vote :)
BMWs would be grouped like this current group, I really like the idea of the Gran Turismo S for next month....just one sexy car:embarrassed:

Ive already got a tune for that car then. :) Good to know.
You have so many already, that like I said, you should be good to participate. I am going to try and build up a Callaway at 550pp on SS. Then compare yours to it and review that way. Have not looked at your tune so it will be honest, judging from your other tunes though, will most likely like yours better. What color blue is that?

Next month is still up for suggestions, Mclaren may be an option also.

You have so many already, that like I said, you should be good to participate. I am going to try and build up a Callaway at 550pp on SS. Then compare yours to it and review that way. Have not looked at your tune so it will be honest, judging from your other tunes though, will most likely like yours better. What color blue is that?

Next month is still up for suggestions, Mclaren may be an option also.
The blue colour I used was Pearl Metallic Kashmir Blue. I have no idea which car or make of car it came from but it must be in the american range as it suits the Callaway amazingly. For my 550PP tune, I have realised a mistake on my setup sheet, I put Sports Hard Tyres when I should have put Sports Soft. I don't know how the car will act on SH tyres but I am going to find out now... If I don't come back, you know whats happened. :)

Edit: It wasn't great on SH tyres, it turned into an understeering torque monster. Definitely an SS tyres tune at that PP range. :)

Just working on 2 variations of the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 car. I have a 500PP SS tune already done, currently finalising a 550PP SS tune on the same car.

The blue colour I used was Pearl Metallic Kashmir Blue. I have no idea which car or make of car it came from but it must be in the american range as it suits the Callaway amazingly. For my 550PP tune, I have realised a mistake on my setup sheet, I put Sports Hard Tyres when I should have put Sports Soft. I don't know how the car will act on SH tyres but I am going to find out now... If I don't come back, you know whats happened. :)

Edit: It wasn't great on SH tyres, it turned into an understeering torque monster. Definitely an SS tyres tune at that PP range. :)
Was going to run on SS tires anyway, thanks for the heads up.:)

Ran a couple of laps on Sierra with each of the cars. here are my times, and opinions of each car at the end. Keep in mind that my times are probably MUCH slower than what other people can manage:

8:37.598 - Corvette C5-R (C5) '00
10:05.204 - Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
10:11.018 - C12 '03
10:11.672 - Corvette Z06 (C5) '00

Its no surprise that the C5-R was fastest, being a race car and having a >100PP advantage on the others. It's Racing Hards made the car stick to the ground well, with just a little wheel spin exiting the uphill switchbacks and other slow corners. However, the high downforce made the car VERY unfriendly with the jumps; the rear end would get slapped back to the ground and make the jumps leading into turns very risky. Fortunately, the transmission makes up for needing to slow down more for the jumps. On the longest straights, the car would near redline, while still not bogging down in the lower gears. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised(again, it is a race car after all), but managing that on a unique track like Sierra was still impressive for a car that wasn't tuned specifically for it.

In second came the '04 Z06. Outrunning its older brother is surprising if you look at just the PP; they are only 1 point apart. But the '04 has a ~30hp advantage, while only gaining 5kg in weight. But the increased power also made this car this car the hardest to drive of the group, with exit oversteer on most turns. Its hardly anything unmanageable, but its definitely there, especially compared to the 2000 model or the C5-R. The car still handles mostly the same, you just have to be a bit more careful. The transmission is also almost, if not exactly, the same. Both years were just able to reach 6th gear on the longest sections of the track, but this isn't too surprising on a road car.

Just barely taking 3rd is the C12. Gaining another 30hp over the '04 Z06 should have helped, but the 70kg in weight and a far worse gearbox really hurt it. While all the other cars tested at least made it to 6th, this one was still at least 1-2k rpm from getting out of 5th. It did handle a bit better; the exit oversteer was a bit less pronounced. But it wasn't enough to save the car. Its really a shame; the car was the best looking in the group, and it sounds a bit meatier than the other options, at least in my opinion. Too bad aesthetics don't make the car faster :lol:

Bringing up the rear was the '00 Z06. This is definitely the safest option of the road cars. It didn't run quite as fast as the later model, but it did run more smooth. It had little oversteer, and a mild understeer on the high speed turns that will plague all stock cars, including the other Corvettes I tested. Really not much to say that I haven't already; there is nothing spectacular or awful about this car, it was just kinda there.

All in all, I enjoyed testing the C5s. None of the cars were hard to drive or unstable. Well, except for on the jumps, but the Sierra jumps are just stupid:banghead:. They all could use a little tuning work, but they are good enough if you are just looking for something to hop in and maybe throw a couple of parts in. I'm going to try to tune the '04 sometime this month, since it was the fastest of the road cars, and the only premium model.

Suggestions

Single cars -
Gran Turismo S '08
MP4-12C '10
Isuzu 4200R '89

Single models -

Please feel free to give your opinion, thoughts or suggestions. I will see how this goes and continue only as long as interest takes it. So lets here fro you!
Well this is good, thank you for giving your time to start this thread. I may not have time to make a tune for this month but if you need someone to help out with the reviews I'd be happy to help, just tell me how you would like it to be.

I did think about a few suggestions that I'd like to forward to all of you, that you take or not any of them has no effect on me participating, so here are a few.
1- Budget Car: were given an amount of credits to buy and tune a car, that we add restrictions like drivetrain, street car, race car or whatever is something can we all agree to before hand.
2- OFF Road 4WD Street Car: tune a regular 4WD car (PP=?) on a given dirt track. This could also be done for FF,FR,RR, and MR cars. Could also be on a snow track.
3-The Unloved Cars:Tuning cars that most of us wouldn't notice if they disappeared. ex. Move CX '95, Jazz 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01, Cube X '98, Sera '92, Will VS '01, 156 2.5 V6 24V '98, Xsara VTR '03, 500L '69, Panda Super i.e '90, Vectra 3.2 V6 '03, 406 Coupe 3.0 V6 '98, etc,.
....240 GLT Estate '88
4- Game Over: Redoing the game series using only the cars that appear driven by the AI drivers, ex.: Sunday Cup, typical opponents - 206cc '01, Polo Gti '01, etc. We could also decide that each tuner use a different car, could be fun to see what car really wins.
5-Muscle Cars: I never liked that PD would let the use of the Cobra 427 or Corvette's in the muscle car challenge, to me the real muscle cars are the Nova SS '70, Chevelle SS 454 '70, Charger 440R/T '70, Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71, Challenger R/T '70, Cougar XR-7 '67, AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70, Cuda 440 Six Pack '71, Superbird '70, Tempest LeMans GTO '64, this is just my opinion, anyways same principle as the suggestion above, a different car for each tuner.
6- Classic Sport Cars/Regular Cars:1969 and less.

Just a few ideas to ponder upon. Have a good day. :cheers:

Well this is good, thank you for giving your time to start this thread. I may not have time to make a tune for this month but if you need someone to help out with the reviews I'd be happy to help, just tell me how you would like it to be.

I did think about a few suggestions that I'd like to forward to all of you, that you take or not any of them has no effect on me participating, so here are a few.
1- Budget Car: were given an amount of credits to buy and tune a car, that we add restrictions like drivetrain, street car, race car or whatever is something can we all agree to before hand.
2- OFF Road 4WD Street Car: tune a regular 4WD car (PP=?) on a given dirt track. This could also be done for FF,FR,RR, and MR cars. Could also be on a snow track.
3-The Unloved Cars:Tuning cars that most of us wouldn't notice if they disappeared. ex. Move CX '95, Jazz 1.4 DSi SE Sport '01, Cube X '98, Sera '92, Will VS '01, 156 2.5 V6 24V '98, Xsara VTR '03, 500L '69, Panda Super i.e '90, Vectra 3.2 V6 '03, 406 Coupe 3.0 V6 '98, etc,.
....240 GLT Estate '88
4- Game Over: Redoing the game series using only the cars that appear driven by the AI drivers, ex.: Sunday Cup, typical opponents - 206cc '01, Polo Gti '01, etc. We could also decide that each tuner use a different car, could be fun to see what car really wins.
5-Muscle Cars: I never liked that PD would let the use of the Cobra 427 or Corvette's in the muscle car challenge, to me the real muscle cars are the Nova SS '70, Chevelle SS 454 '70, Charger 440R/T '70, Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71, Challenger R/T '70, Cougar XR-7 '67, AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70, Cuda 440 Six Pack '71, Superbird '70, Tempest LeMans GTO '64, this is just my opinion, anyways same principle as the suggestion above, a different car for each tuner.
6- Classic Sport Cars/Regular Cars:1969 and less.

Just a few ideas to ponder upon. Have a good day. :cheers:
In the future, we might have to take a look at one of these ideas. Maybe do a 4wd car for a month but suggest having it tuned for rally, choosing one of the UNLOVED cars or a few might also be an idea. I am open to suggestions.
As for now, if you feel up to reviewing one of the tunes posted, that would be great. @shaunm80 and I always appreciate feedback.

Ran a couple of laps on Sierra with each of the cars. here are my times, and opinions of each car at the end. Keep in mind that my times are probably MUCH slower than what other people can manage:

8:37.598 - Corvette C5-R (C5) '00
10:05.204 - Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
10:11.018 - C12 '03
10:11.672 - Corvette Z06 (C5) '00

Its no surprise that the C5-R was fastest, being a race car and having a >100PP advantage on the others. It's Racing Hards made the car stick to the ground well, with just a little wheel spin exiting the uphill switchbacks and other slow corners. However, the high downforce made the car VERY unfriendly with the jumps; the rear end would get slapped back to the ground and make the jumps leading into turns very risky. Fortunately, the transmission makes up for needing to slow down more for the jumps. On the longest straights, the car would near redline, while still not bogging down in the lower gears. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised(again, it is a race car after all), but managing that on a unique track like Sierra was still impressive for a car that wasn't tuned specifically for it.

In second came the '04 Z06. Outrunning its older brother is surprising if you look at just the PP; they are only 1 point apart. But the '04 has a ~30hp advantage, while only gaining 5kg in weight. But the increased power also made this car this car the hardest to drive of the group, with exit oversteer on most turns. Its hardly anything unmanageable, but its definitely there, especially compared to the 2000 model or the C5-R. The car still handles mostly the same, you just have to be a bit more careful. The transmission is also almost, if not exactly, the same. Both years were just able to reach 6th gear on the longest sections of the track, but this isn't too surprising on a road car.

Just barely taking 3rd is the C12. Gaining another 30hp over the '04 Z06 should have helped, but the 70kg in weight and a far worse gearbox really hurt it. While all the other cars tested at least made it to 6th, this one was still at least 1-2k rpm from getting out of 5th. It did handle a bit better; the exit oversteer was a bit less pronounced. But it wasn't enough to save the car. Its really a shame; the car was the best looking in the group, and it sounds a bit meatier than the other options, at least in my opinion. Too bad aesthetics don't make the car faster :lol:

Bringing up the rear was the '00 Z06. This is definitely the safest option of the road cars. It didn't run quite as fast as the later model, but it did run more smooth. It had little oversteer, and a mild understeer on the high speed turns that will plague all stock cars, including the other Corvettes I tested. Really not much to say that I haven't already; there is nothing spectacular or awful about this car, it was just kinda there.

All in all, I enjoyed testing the C5s. None of the cars were hard to drive or unstable. Well, except for on the jumps, but the Sierra jumps are just stupid:banghead:. They all could use a little tuning work, but they are good enough if you are just looking for something to hop in and maybe throw a couple of parts in. I'm going to try to tune the '04 sometime this month, since it was the fastest of the road cars, and the only premium model.
Great review! 👍
And on that track:drool:
Good luck in the latest FITT Challenge.

In the future, we might have to take a look at one of these ideas. Maybe do a 4wd car for a month but suggest having it tuned for rally, choosing one of the UNLOVED cars or a few might also be an idea. I am open to suggestions.
As for now, if you feel up to reviewing one of the tunes posted, that would be great. @shaunm80 and I always appreciate feedback.
I shall give your car a test and review this weekend. I have the TV to myself as my other half is going to see friends and family. Formula 1 weekend too which is great news, I'm hoping for a wet race, Japanese wet races are always epic. :)

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 (500PP SS)

Tune here

View attachment 232668

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00 (550PP SS)

Tune Here

View attachment 232670
The 500PP SS car I have posted here is a seriously easy car to win the Intermediate Level A Spec single race with. It has amazing handling at Autumn Ring, If you want to test this car, just run it at that race and the car will pay for itself :) Enjoy.

Edit: This is also easily wins the Rainmasters event without breaking a sweat. A cheap car to win back a lot of credits easily :)

Last edited:
To get things started, I have already tuned each of these with the exception of the Callaway but am hoping to get to it soon. Here are links to those finished tunes:

Corvette Z06 '00 - here - Try at Apricot Hill on Sport Medium or Soft
Corvette Z06 '04 - here - Try at Willow or Silverstone International on Sport Soft
Corvette Z06 '04 (Flat Floor) - here - Try at Willow Springs on Sport Soft, or on Racing Hard anywhere.
Corvette C5-R '00 - here - Racing Hard at Spa or Le Sarthe

After taking the Corvette Z06 '04 for a spin around willow, I can see that Bowtie has created a car which is very easy to drive for DS3 users, it has excellent acceleration, great balance all round and if you happen to hit the accelerator too early when cornering, you make a great trail of smoke with a smile on your face. The steering is responsive and direct, If you happen to get a power slide going on, its not a problem, you just use the throttle to sort it out without any hassle.

Another point to make about this tune is the rotation is just about perfect, as long as you get the braking correct, this car will rotate accurately round any corner you throw the corner at. This car has excellent brakes, get it right and you can really throw this car into the corners and gain a lot of time, if you go in too deep, you can sort it out easily. All together, a well made tune which anyone can drive and get a good lap time out off it.

In honour of Bowties colour appreciations. I have painted the car a colour in which he will definitely approve of.

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_2.jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow.jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway_ Big Willow_1.jpg

After taking the Corvette Z06 '04 for a spin around willow, I can see that Bowtie has created a car which is very easy to drive for DS3 users, it has excellent acceleration, great balance all round and if you happen to hit the accelerator too early when cornering, you make a great trail of smoke with a smile on your face. The steering is responsive and direct, If you happen to get a power slide going on, its not a problem, you just use the throttle to sort it out without any hassle.

Another point to make about this tune is the rotation is just about perfect, as long as you get the braking correct, this car will rotate accurately round any corner you throw the corner at. This car has excellent brakes, get it right and you can really throw this car into the corners and gain a lot of time, if you go in too deep, you can sort it out easily. All together, a well made tune which anyone can drive and get a good lap time out off it.

In honour of Bowties colour appreciations. I have painted the car a colour in which he will definitely approve of.

View attachment 233658
View attachment 233659
View attachment 233660
Nice paint:lol:👍👍
Nice review too, thank you :cheers:

The Callaway C12 '03 500PP SS tune in this thread is a great car to use for the Muscle Car Seasonal event. It seems suited to Autumn Ring (although I never actually tested it at this track). Very fast and consistent times out of this car. I took the lead 1/3rd way through the second lap and just drove off into the distance. Very nice car. Another car which can pay for itself if you want to test and review it :)

@shaunm80 's Corvette Zo6 '00 (do not paint it pink)

With the new Seasonal up and wanting to review a car other than my own, I grabbed a new '00 Z06 and threw Shaun's tune at it. Left it in Millenium Yellow, and headed to the Seasonal and onto the track. Took a lap and a half to figure out braking zones and to get comfortable with car, noted a few things. First, too much final gear, need to shorten that up. Second, braking late would smoke the outside front tire and slide threw the turn, not bad at all and completely workable. Third, pushing in the tight early section would result in just a touch of manageable understeer. Took the lead just before turn 1 on lap three, good now I can get rid of the AI and see how this car handles on it's own and try for a good lap. On lap 5, for some reason I looked down at the lower left corner and found something, I still had Sports Hard tires on the car! Wow! Managed a lap of 1:25.349 on the final lap, believing the final gear would be the biggest issue. Collected my pay and paint, off to the garage and slap on some new rubber, Sport Softs, and adjusted the final drive to 3.200.....enough?
Now back to the track and punish the AI for taking up my time. Turn 1 I felt the difference in grip, amazing. I tend to roll off throttle through the center, it's how I drive along with easy in-fast out approach. Great rotation, better with tires that have more grip. Through the early switchbacks, lifting off throttle, then point and shoot, it would go right where I wanted when I wanted. Outstanding handling in this car and I could not break the rear loose or smoke the tires on exit. I also did not really use 6th gear at all, maybe once heading for turn 1 on lap 4. More gear would fix that but this car was absolutely fabulous as is. Fastest lap was now down to 1:21.424, driving really only at about 90-95%, not pushing too hard either.
Thought it would be a good idea to also do the Pro Seasonal at Spa with this tune, also 500pp on SS. Instead I took it to Spa in Arcade mode because I wanted to see if I needed a final gear adjustment. Ran 2 laps, final gear is just fine, with the AI, drafting would likely hit the limiter. First lap I messed up quite a few corners (I am not that fast at Spa, LeSarthe or Mt. Panorama to be honest :ill:) but not too bad. The grip was awesome, car felt perfectly planted and fun to drive. The second lap I pushed a little more and had no problems as the car begged to stretch it's legs. Braking, trans and suspension felt as though they were made to run here. Again, I only ran 2 laps, but did manage a 2:35.694, which for me is not bad with a 500pp/326hp car!
In the end, I love this car, now need to revisit my '00 Z06 and see if it is as good. Likely not, and I see why Shaun seems to always get better Driver Choice Scores than I do in FITT Challenges. This tune reminded me so much of GT3 when this was my favorite go to car. Back then I would simply lower the suspension, tighten the springs and dampers, slap on some sticky rubber and go. I like cars that handle well with tons of grip and this tune is that! I no longer run RS tires, I prefer SS, but this tune will have you checking to see if someone in the garage snuck Racing tires on it.

Tested with ABS 1 only, DS3 with Sensitivity at 2.
Well done Shaun - I think I am starting to hate you:lol::lol: Not really, but stop painting my rides Pink, you know how much I love Blue :cool:

@shaunm80 's Corvette Zo6 '00 (do not paint it pink)

With the new Seasonal up and wanting to review a car other than my own, I grabbed a new '00 Z06 and threw Shaun's tune at it. Left it in Millenium Yellow, and headed to the Seasonal and onto the track. Took a lap and a half to figure out braking zones and to get comfortable with car, noted a few things. First, too much final gear, need to shorten that up. Second, braking late would smoke the outside front tire and slide threw the turn, not bad at all and completely workable. Third, pushing in the tight early section would result in just a touch of manageable understeer. Took the lead just before turn 1 on lap three, good now I can get rid of the AI and see how this car handles on it's own and try for a good lap. On lap 5, for some reason I looked down at the lower left corner and found something, I still had Sports Hard tires on the car! Wow! Managed a lap of 1:25.349 on the final lap, believing the final gear would be the biggest issue. Collected my pay and paint, off to the garage and slap on some new rubber, Sport Softs, and adjusted the final drive to 3.200.....enough?
Now back to the track and punish the AI for taking up my time. Turn 1 I felt the difference in grip, amazing. I tend to roll off throttle through the center, it's how I drive along with easy in-fast out approach. Great rotation, better with tires that have more grip. Through the early switchbacks, lifting off throttle, then point and shoot, it would go right where I wanted when I wanted. Outstanding handling in this car and I could not break the rear loose or smoke the tires on exit. I also did not really use 6th gear at all, maybe once heading for turn 1 on lap 4. More gear would fix that but this car was absolutely fabulous as is. Fastest lap was now down to 1:21.424, driving really only at about 90-95%, not pushing too hard either.
Thought it would be a good idea to also do the Pro Seasonal at Spa with this tune, also 500pp on SS. Instead I took it to Spa in Arcade mode because I wanted to see if I needed a final gear adjustment. Ran 2 laps, final gear is just fine, with the AI, drafting would likely hit the limiter. First lap I messed up quite a few corners (I am not that fast at Spa, LeSarthe or Mt. Panorama to be honest :ill:) but not too bad. The grip was awesome, car felt perfectly planted and fun to drive. The second lap I pushed a little more and had no problems as the car begged to stretch it's legs. Braking, trans and suspension felt as though they were made to run here. Again, I only ran 2 laps, but did manage a 2:35.694, which for me is not bad with a 500pp/326hp car!
In the end, I love this car, now need to revisit my '00 Z06 and see if it is as good. Likely not, and I see why Shaun seems to always get better Driver Choice Scores than I do in FITT Challenges. This tune reminded me so much of GT3 when this was my favorite go to car. Back then I would simply lower the suspension, tighten the springs and dampers, slap on some sticky rubber and go. I like cars that handle well with tons of grip and this tune is that! I no longer run RS tires, I prefer SS, but this tune will have you checking to see if someone in the garage snuck Racing tires on it.

Tested with ABS 1 only, DS3 with Sensitivity at 2.
Well done Shaun - I think I am starting to hate you:lol::lol: Not really, but stop painting my rides Pink, you know how much I love Blue :cool:
No more pink rides for you.. :) Thanks again for the excellent review. Your never that far behind me in terms of DC scores in the FITT competitions.. Your rides are generally faster when they are tested by FITT testers so you got that one covered 99.9% of the time. I like that our FITT tunes are normally neck and neck, makes any FITT competition a little more exciting.

Back