Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Ferrari 512BB '76

London.jpg

London

All my FITT entries are now completed and published. I am not so sure about the Focus as that class is going to be super-close, I am happy with my GT500 entry for the Mustang Class and very impressed with how much grip I could find in the Ford GT '05.

@chrisspeed281 - I noticed that you liked the Honda Mobil 1 NSX with RH tyres but not SS tyres? I guess you are thinking, "Why is he putting SS tyres on a racing car?". Well, the answer is fairly simple, in GT5, there was a wet weather race for GT500 cars, All the GT500 cars started the race on wets and after a lap or two, had to pit in to change tyres for the dry conditions. SS tyres worked amazingly in the wet and didn't deteriorate much at all, this means that when it became dry, I was on appropriate tyres to keep going until I needed to pit for a fuel stop and fresh rubber. I always won that race by at least 40 seconds due to less pit stops.

Ford GT ‘06

600PP
607 BHP
1225kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension
F/R
80/85
11.00/15.50
5/4
4/4
2/3
0.8/1.2
-0.04/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 2.911
2nd 2.218
3rd 1.732
4th 1.402
5th 1.174
6th 1.019
Set final gear to 2.600

FC LSD
10/12/18
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 96.1%
Sports Exhaust
Supercharger

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast – Set 26kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.
fordgt06img1-jpg.221338

fordgt06img2-jpg.221339

@chrisspeed281 - I noticed that you liked the Honda Mobil 1 NSX with RH tyres but not SS tyres? I guess you are thinking, "Why is he putting SS tyres on a racing car?". Well, the answer is fairly simple, in GT5, there was a wet weather race for GT500 cars, All the GT500 cars started the race on wets and after a lap or two, had to pit in to change tyres for the dry conditions. SS tyres worked amazingly in the wet and didn't deteriorate much at all, this means that when it became dry, I was on appropriate tyres to keep going until I needed to pit for a fuel stop and fresh rubber. I always won that race by at least 40 seconds due to less pit stops.
I forget about this "Bug" already so i was more thinking the SS Tyres was a kind of FITT Regulation. I have to
test it because i can't give a like without try out :)

I forget about this "Bug" already so i was more thinking the SS Tyres was a kind of FITT Regulation. I have to
test it because i can't give a like without try out :)
Ah I see, I am the same, I never really "like" a tune till I have tried it out and get a feel for what the tuner has created. It is a great bug to have. Specially on this car, it is really smooth on SS tyres.

All my FITT entries are now completed and published. I am not so sure about the Focus as that class is going to be super-close, I am happy with my GT500 entry for the Mustang Class and very impressed with how much grip I could find in the Ford GT '05.

Well done Shaun for getting all 3 of your tunes in already...Good luck mate....👍

Hope to see you back on the seasonals soon badger. the pay outs are worth doing. I didn't bother trying to improve my time in any of them. Seemed pointless unless you get the money all over again.

I'll be back...as Arnie once said 👍 :)
I know what you mean about the Seasonal's once you have the gold and the money on some of them...then whats the point of trying to get a faster time...
I'll still trying to sort out the V8 GT Mustang.. I'm happy with the tune i have and i've done a few tweaks to the suspension...i lowered the Toe angle and added Camber to it and got my time down by 200th's...but i know this wont be everybody cup of tea and thats the problem...this tune isn't for me...is it...it's for the Testers...if it was..then i would keep it as it is...so i am trying to have a go at another more balanced tune with this car....or just do the GT500...i had a go with her and have a base tune nearly worked out and got a 1:18..777 with my first try....this car is so much more stable than the V8 and i think it will be easier to tune..so what to do....:confused: Do i go for the safe bet that anybody can drive....but i know it wont be as fast as the other tuners anyway... or go with the one that's a challenge to drive..but if you get it right...it puts a big smile on your face and i just love this car...plus i dont think there be many of these tuned..most people will be going for the Boss or the GT500....Because the V8 is slightly slower....:cheers:

Well done Shaun for getting all 3 of your tunes in already...Good luck mate....👍

I'll be back...as Arnie once said 👍 :)
I know what you mean about the Seasonal's once you have the gold and the money on some of them...then whats the point of trying to get a faster time...
I'll still trying to sort out the V8 GT Mustang.. I'm happy with the tune i have and i've done a few tweaks to the suspension...i lowered the Toe angle and added Camber to it and got my time down by 200th's...but i know this wont be everybody cup of tea and thats the problem...this tune isn't for me...is it...it's for the Testers...if it was..then i would keep it as it is...so i am trying to have a go at another more balanced tune with this car....or just do the GT500...i had a go with her and have a base tune nearly worked out and got a 1:18..777 with my first try....this car is so much more stable than the V8 and i think it will be easier to tune..so what to do....:confused: Do i go for the safe bet that anybody can drive....but i know it wont be as fast as the other tuners anyway... or go with the one that's a challenge to drive..but if you get it right...it puts a big smile on your face and i just love this car...plus i dont think there be many of these tuned..most people will be going for the Boss or the GT500....Because the V8 is slightly slower....:cheers:
You hit the nail on the head... The niche car can be great, and can be a crowd pleaser. Get it right and they'll love it, I gave up base tuning the V8 GT because I couldn't get a clean lap at all. GT500 or Boss 302 are a lot easier to get right but as you say, nearly everyone will be tuning those up so yours (and mine) will have a lot of competition. Its all about the feeling of the car. You'll figure it out. :)

You hit the nail on the head... The niche car can be great, and can be a crowd pleaser. Get it right and they'll love it, I gave up base tuning the V8 GT because I couldn't get a clean lap at all. GT500 or Boss 302 are a lot easier to get right but as you say, nearly everyone will be tuning those up so yours (and mine) will have a lot of competition. Its all about the feeling of the car. You'll figure it out. :)

You hit the nail on the head too my friend.....i can feel the V8...because the way i had to tune her to get the best time out of her...it's not the normal balanced suspension...you really have hit the braking zone perfect to let the car cut into the corner..if you do that...she will take you around the apex and out of it with hardly any effort...but if you get the braking zone wrong then you are off the driving line and it's good night Vienna and probably into the gravel...I've done 1,162.3 miles tuning her on the Big Willow..so far and i think i'm starting getting sick of this track now...so i better stop soon before i get Big Willow Fever :ill:...lol....:cheers:

Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12

600PP
562 BHP
1100kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
55/60
19.75/20.50
6/6
5/6
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.06

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 3.201
2nd 2.443
3rd 1.895
4th 1.539
5th 1.294
6th 1.120
Set final gear to 3.490
(Adjust final gear if required)

FC LSD
12/15/18

Set power limiter to 94.4%
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
F/R
400/600

General GT500 tune.

hsvimg1-jpg.204394

hsvimg2-jpg.204395
Very fast and great brakes handles well thanks for the great tune:)

Hi Shaun...How's things mate..hope all is good...how's UNI going...👍

Just a quick question...have you ever had a tune that you have never put any Toe on at all because you thought it didnt need it.....cheers..:)

Hi Shaun...How's things mate..hope all is good...how's UNI going...👍

Just a quick question...have you ever had a tune that you have never out any Toe on at all because you thought it didnt need it.....cheers..:)
Once or twice I have found that no toe is beneficial. It has been a rarity but it does happen from time to time. Uni going going well thanks, My tuning is slowing down quite substantially now due to getting myself sorted for uni and reading up things before lectures but every things good with me. Hope your well and your mustang choice is going well.

Once or twice I have found that no toe is beneficial. It has been a rarity but it does happen from time to time. Uni going going well thanks, My tuning is slowing down quite substantially now due to getting myself sorted for uni and reading up things before lectures but every things good with me. Hope your well and your mustang choice is going well.

Ok thanks mate...i will have play around with my Toe...:)

Glad you and UNI is all going good mate..not surprised your tuning has slowed down..there's only so many hours in a day..

I'm having a rest from the VT '07 at the moment to tune the GT500 and this is such a nicer car to Tune as you and Pete told me about 5 days ago...lol..but glad i did have a go with the '07. The Gt500 is nearly done and it's well quick and you get so much power to pull out of the corners...love it.

If you don't mind could i give you the tune tomorrow for you to have a look and give me your feedback again that really helped me on the last one...if you don't mind and have time...mate...thanks..

All the best

:cheers:

Ok thanks mate...i will have play around with my Toe...:)

Glad you and UNI is all going good mate..not surprised your tuning has slowed down..there's only so many hours in a day..

I'm having a rest from the VT '07 at the moment to tune the GT500 and this is such a nicer car to Tune as you and Pete told me about 5 days ago...lol..but glad i did have a go with the '07. The Gt500 is nearly done and it's well quick and you get so much power to pull out of the corners...love it.

If you don't mind could i give you the tune tomorrow for you to have a look and give me your feedback again that really helped me on the last one...if you don't mind and have time...mate...thanks..

All the best

:cheers:
No problem on the feedback. Ill take your GT500 for a spin if you send me the setup, let you know what I think.

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
(Body painted in GT MILITARY 001-C)

500PP
326 BHP
1180kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Transmission

F/R
85/90
12.40/11.30
5/4
4/4
1/3
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
(Reset transmission to default)
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.416
2nd 1.876
3rd 1.501
4th 1.231
5th 1.049
6th 0.899
Set final gear to 2.900
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
16/18/24
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 86.3%
All power parts set to standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 16kgs to Position 50

Painted in military colours to join the ranks of the '04 version.

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg

Last edited:

550PP
467 BHP
1200kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Transmission

F/R
85/90
11.75/10.50
5/3
4/3
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.03

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.453
2nd 1.885
3rd 1.501
4th 1.230
5th 1.044
6th 0.913
Set final gear to 2.900

FC LSD
14/18/26
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.1%
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Supercharger

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 36kgs to Position 50

Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_4.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_5.jpg

Last edited:

500PP
326 BHP
1180kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Transmission

F/R
85/90
12.40/11.30
5/4
4/4
1/3
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.416
2nd 1.876
3rd 1.501
4th 1.231
5th 1.049
6th 0.899
Set final gear to 2.900

FC LSD
16/18/24
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 86.3%
All power parts set to standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 16kgs to Position 50

View attachment 232664
View attachment 232662
View attachment 232663
Why do I expect Colonel Klink & Sgt.Schultz or Rambo to get out of the car?

All the time, Jeeps also. I do not hunt or fish, but do have to work on those beasts after they have been trouncing in the woods. Home made camoflauge looks funny with matte green rims on something that big.
I could tell you guys a tale about a guy I met & his hunting methods, from when I lived in Tasmania for a brief period but, you may have just eaten or be about to :scared:

Let me just say, they breed em tough & rough down there....

Back