Tire : Comfort Medium

Specs - Full Running Weight
Horsepower: 405 HP at 6000 RPM
Torque : 399.9 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.9%
Weight: 1474 kg
Ballast : 60 kg
Ballast Position : -12
Weight Distribution : 53 / 47 - as in real life spec ( 53.5 / 46.5 C&D Test )
Performance Points: 502

Specs - Car & Driver Test Curb Weight
Horsepower: 405 HP at 600 RPM
Weight: 1418 kg
Ballast : 4 kg
Ballast Position : -4
Performance Points: 505

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Rear Wing : Custom Wing Type A ( OPTIONAL ) - INSTALLED.
Wheels : Standard or RAYS GTS
Car Paint : Torch Red or Black or Millennium Yellow or Bordeaux Red Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - FE-4 C5 Z06 Corvette Suspension Package 525/714
C&D Test Ride Height
Personal Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 99 99
Spring Rate: 9.38 12.75
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 0.8 0.8 ( Front Camber : 0.70 +- 0.50 / Rear Camber : 0.68 +- 0.50 )
Toe Angle: 0.13 0.03 ( Toe In Front : 0.08 +- 0.20 / Toe In Rear : 0.02 +- 0.20 )

Alternative Stock Delivered C5 Z06 Alignment ( 2001 Spec )
Factory Setup more towards understeer

Camber Angle: 0.8 0.3 / 0.8 0.8 ( Most have 0.75 front and rear )
Toe Angle: 0.30 0.10

Alternative Street/Track Alignment
Camber Angle: 1.0 0.8
Toe Angle: 0.06 0.01

Alternative Aggressive Track Alignment
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.1
Toe Angle: -0.02 0.01

LSD - C5 Z06 GU6 LSD
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

AERO
Rear : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
4/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/5 brake balance as starting point. Go higher if preferred, 5/6 for example.

Notes :

The C5 Corvette was one those cars that never gets old to look at :P I love the shape from the side, the curve of the hood, the short tailed rear end, the C5 just shows what a sexy woman can be in the form of a car :D

This replica is a stock car complete with stock tires replicated.

The power of the C5 Z06 was originally 385 HP when it was 1st released in 2001. Then the car went some changes from 2002 model year, the LS6 engine was upgraded and it grows in power to 405HP with 400lb ft torque, a good increase that also paired with lower weight than the base C5. The test curb weight of the car during Car & Driver Test was 1418kg, this will be optional. I used the heaviest running order weight at 1474kg, about 3250lbs. Weight distribution is at 53.5 / 46.5 as tested by C&D, this is reflected in ballast position.

Suspension for C5 Z06 comes in FE4 Package, different than the FE3 Sports Suspension which was available for Z51 C5. The front transverse composite leaf spring is 525 lb/in in rate, similar to FE3 Z51. The rear transverse composite leaf spring is 714 lb/in, stiffer than the FE3 Z51 rate at 634 lb/in. The Damper and ARB has been setup to give neutral balance, with FE4 Sway Bars Package taken into consideration ( 31mm / 23.6mm ). My personal alignment is used, using the factory range as a base. I provided additional alignment setup, feel free to try them.

The C5 Z06 comes with limited slip differential ( GU6 ), I have used some preload and medium lock to simulate the LSD, this gives much needed traction and stability around Willow Springs ( Big Willow ).

The rear wing is optional, feel free to install it. I simply like the look of it.

The C5 Z06 was tested and tuned at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Willow Springs ( Big Willow and Streets ), Red Bull Ring and Laguna Seca. The main aim in this replica is to replicate the lap time at Big Willow that was done on stock factory tire - Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar. This is comfort medium in GT6 :P The lap time was 1:30.6s on 4th lap by the legendary Corvette Race Driver, Andy Pilgrim. He also fitted Goodyear’s DOT-approved “S” compound version of the F1 and posted 1:28.3s on 3rd hotlap ( feel free to try replicate the time using comfort soft )

The real life race car driver of the C5-R Vette ( Andy Pilgrim ) pulled the magical lap on stock Z06 C5 on 4th lap with OEM Eagle F1 tire to prove his point to a motorcycle magazine that pitted the Z06 C5 against Suzuki GXR1000 - both were tested by Kevin Schwantz - a main feature article of the mag. The test run were heavily biased in favor of the bike and the Z06 C5 was driven with TC Competitive Mode enabled. The magical lap was close to 4 second quicker than the Schwantz manage to pull off. I managed to replicate the magic lap with the replica :P I think I had some slow section ( 2 corners were hairy :lol: ) that could shaved another tenths or two at the very least.

Here is a quote from the letter sent by Andy Pilgrim to the Editor of the Magazine in 2003 :

I have included the replay of the "magical" Lap at 1:30.6s ( Big Willow ) on CM tire + full running weight + personal alignment setup. Watch it and Enjoy :cheers:

ENJOY :cheers:

ANDY PILGRIM :

Second from the left below, at ROLEX Daytona 24H, on the far right, the legendary Dale Earnhardt, 2 weeks before his passing, RIP.

dale-earnhardt-rolex-24-600mh020811.jpg

daleandy-1297283006.jpg

Andy with his Speed World Challenge Cadillac CTS V and the hot Holly Sonders :P

%7B0570E4EE-74C2-4C61-84B6-3AA20AD51D94%7D163274719_10.jpg
Love that article with Andy Pilgrim, so now do I have to beat him ? 👍👍👍

Love that article with Andy Pilgrim, so now do I have to beat him ? 👍👍👍

You don't have to, I got the same lap time as his, that's more than enough when I realized there are places where I can gain more time. Beating him is no easy task, you need to make use the whole track width, never loose traction and maintain speed throughout the last half of the track just to get into 1:32s ( most seasoned - lots of laps, track day / club racer / amateur real life driver hovers around this time ), a 1st timer IRL would lap around 1:38s to 1:36s, 1:35s is already very quick for ordinary mum dad driver :lol: -IRL though. In GT6, I think most will get into 1:32s with practice / getting used to the car and track.

Here's a reference, last sector ( right before the long right curve ) should be around mid 1:01s, in order to have a chance to get into 1:30s. I once, got 1:01.1s and 1:01.3s last sector, but blew it on the final turn :lol:, should have been 1:30.3s, 0.3 quicker, so close yet so far to reach.

Corvette Z06 (C5)'00 (SS) Review - Spa and AR Seasonals, by @shaunm80

So, final review. This one is special, its the only 500PP, suitable for both Spa and AR, so its going to be a bit different... The car is the same as the 550PP, from shaunm80, Exeter Tuning, As I stated, im not a fan of big texts and speeches, so my review will focus only in driving sensation and car response. I'll be honest in my review, so the "pros" and "cons" of the car will be presented and commented (hope you guys won't be mad at me... :nervous:)

So here it is:

The car:

The car is exactly build has tune specs, but has there is no reference to rims, so I left it stock. After the tune is done, first to go was the AR, on the only American cars seasonal.

AR:

NOTE: the final gear was raised to 3.100 (Shaun advice) to keep it more competitive...

Instead of Pros and Cons, on this one I decided to do "funny facts" and "not so funny"... :P

Funny Facts:
  • The gearbox FG reduction - BAM! made the gearbox go boom! Much more close gear ratios and much more responsive...
  • Understeer gone! - this one was kind of weird, maybe because the HP was reduced...
  • No Oversteer - NONE!
  • Leader on lap 2 - the remain of the race? Borinnggg... :D
Not So Funny Facts:
  • The event/competition was too easy... The car is too good for it...
Best Lap - 1:20:888
Worst Lap - 1:22:033

ABS1
CSS7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPA:

NOTE:
final gear back to 2.900...

Funny Facts:
  • Raining Factor - Pffftttt, was it raining!? Never noticed!!
  • 100% Wet - had more grip while raining when it started to dry out...
  • Leader on lap 2 (end of lap...)
Not So Funny Facts:
Best Lap - 2:36:934
Worst Lap - 2:51:377

ABS1
CSS7

This may sound a poor review, but the car was brilliant on slow/turny track and on the rain. Probably tied to @Bowtie-muscle '00 Z06, only difference was the HP...

Another secret weapon for the rain from Shaun... 👍

Corvette Z06 (C5)'00 (SS) Review - Spa and AR Seasonals, by @shaunm80

So, final review. This one is special, its the only 500PP, suitable for both Spa and AR, so its going to be a bit different... The car is the same as the 550PP, from shaunm80, Exeter Tuning, As I stated, im not a fan of big texts and speeches, so my review will focus only in driving sensation and car response. I'll be honest in my review, so the "pros" and "cons" of the car will be presented and commented (hope you guys won't be mad at me... :nervous:)

So here it is:

The car:

The car is exactly build has tune specs, but has there is no reference to rims, so I left it stock. After the tune is done, first to go was the AR, on the only American cars seasonal.

AR:

NOTE: the final gear was raised to 3.100 (Shaun advice) to keep it more competitive...

Instead of Pros and Cons, on this one I decided to do "funny facts" and "not so funny"... :P

Funny Facts:
  • The gearbox FG reduction - BAM! made the gearbox go boom! Much more close gear ratios and much more responsive...
  • Understeer gone! - this one was kind of weird, maybe because the HP was reduced...
  • No Oversteer - NONE!
  • Leader on lap 2 - the remain of the race? Borinnggg... :D
Not So Funny Facts:
Best Lap - 1:20:888
Worst Lap - 1:22:033

ABS1
CSS7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPA:

NOTE:
final gear back to 2.900...

Funny Facts:
  • Raining Factor - Pffftttt, was it raining!? Never noticed!!
  • 100% Wet - had more grip while raining when it started to dry out...
  • Leader on lap 2 (end of lap...)
Not So Funny Facts:
Best Lap - 2:36:934
Worst Lap - 2:51:377

ABS1
CSS7

This may sound a poor review, but the car was brilliant on slow/turny track and on the rain. Probably tied to @Bowtie-muscle '00 Z06, only difference was the HP...

Another secret weapon for the rain from Shaun... 👍
Thank you for the excellent review. You are right about the grip in the rain, It had more grip in full downpour mode than when the track was drying out. Im glad you like it, and made over half a million credits out of it to. Not bad for 24 minutes work really. :) Thanks for the reviews you've done, it is much appreciated.

Thank you for the excellent review. You are right about the grip in the rain, It had more grip in full downpour mode than when the track was drying out. Im glad you like it, and made over half a million credits out of it to. Not bad for 24 minutes work really. :) Thanks for the reviews you've done, it is much appreciated.

👍 Glad to help. :) Hope my honesty on the cons has not bothered you guys...

@Bowtie-muscle:

• Camber 0/0 on the '04 Z06 - not the solution sir, car still has oversteer. Maybe only a improve body rigidity will help...
  • Buiding the "Shelby TC" in a bit... :mischievous:

@shaunm80 ,
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 550PP - SS

About me:
These are my impressions, opinions and also me driving, so take what you want and throw the rest in the garbage. The reason I do these reviews is that it helps me as tuner to get better by learning the things “to do” and the “not to do”.
I think that anyone who puts out a tune to be reviewed deserves that we be honest with them, it’s the only way that we can help them better themselves at this craft. I think that we all want to get better at this and that we can all use some help from one another to achieve our goals. If you find that I’m to harsh, please tell me.

About the Tests:

All my lap times are shown in total seconds per lap, I use this method because it’s easier to calculate averages and other things. I run 9 laps on a track and keep my best 3 to calculate the average. I do all the testing in the garage test tracks, track grip = low.
I use a PS3 controller all aids off, abs according to tuner.

Circuit da Roma
Just before starting I just want to mention that on your post in this thread you mention SS but in your garage the spec sheet says SM, I went with SS. Also you mention TC1, I prefer not using this unless driving some of the old LMP1 cars. Generally speaking on this track there were no major issues, the only problem came on the last turn before the start line, couldn’t find the the right line/speed, but otherwise the car was steady, the turn in/out are good, the braking, I’ll get back to this later after doing more laps.

Deep Forest
The car has very good traction, the only cause of concern is on the fast u turns at the beginning and at the end of the forest, the stiff suspension skips and though you almost keep your line perfectly I believe that it slows you down quite a bit.

Tsukuba
Now I know what is bothering me, the brake balance when slowing down to 1st gear makes the car go outward, combined with the stiff suspension it becomes hard to take those slow curves fast.

General

Brakes:
I’ve been trying to find a way to test if my brake balance was good, I decided to try this theory on your car to see if it yields the same results as I have had before with some of the tunes I’m working on. With the original BB my time on Tsukuba was AVG= 57.391, BL = 57.202, with the altered BB I did AVG = 57.134, BL = 56.915 . What I usually do is redo these test on a least 3 different tracks to make sure that it is conclusive. The test itself is pretty easy and takes very little time, I went to SPA (weather change), put in the Course Settings, Weather at Race Start = 100%, Surface Water at Race Start = 100%, drive to the starting grid keeping a straight line and while being totally straight brake hard (full), if the car goes to the right or left, change the value of the front or rear and redo the test until the car is straight when you stop. Of course this will change the handling in curves, thus the MLSD decel might have to be readjusted and maybe the spring rate/dampers also. This is an ongoing experiment that I’m doing so the results are not yet conclusive, but so far on a Challenger RT ’70 with standard brakes and abs0 I have got these results.
Picture 2.png this is the result i got, the test #2 was done using the procedure I just described.

I’m thinking of using Tsukuba Wet instead because I think there may be a slight slope at SPA, but it's a little longer to get to the straightaway. I will also try testing with tires like CH on dry road to see if I get the same results.

Oh, almost forgot, the alternate balance I tried was 3/7, but I did this a little fast, you could maybe try the standard brakes also, see what kind of results you get.

Power:
The sound of the engine is great, I have one question regarding your choice, have you tried other powering up setups?

MLSD:
I’m not sure you should touch this, maybe as last resort if all else fails.

Transmission:
Just wondering, did you decide to use the TC=1 after setting the transmission or before?

Suspension:
Stiff but well balanced, gives you the impression of great traction, I think you did a good job with this, though you may have sacrificed a little turning power with it.

General:
This car will please beginner and intermediate drivers, it may lack speed compared to Bowtie’s tune to compete in expert levels, though much easier to control. I think all those who will try this will like it. I’m a little curious about how other tuners proceed to tuning their cars, do you go by the feel or do you go by the lap times you get? Excellent job, have a good day and I hope your studies are going well.:cheers:

Picture 3.png

Last edited:
@shaunm80 ,

About me:
These are my impressions, opinions and also me driving, so take what you want and throw the rest in the garbage. The reason I do these reviews is that it helps me as tuner to get better by learning the things “to do” and the “not to do”.
I think that anyone who puts out a tune to be reviewed deserves that we be honest with them, it’s the only way that we can help them better themselves at this craft. I think that we all want to get better at this and that we can all use some help from one another to achieve our goals. If you find that I’m to harsh, please tell me.

About the Tests:

All my lap times are shown in total seconds per lap, I use this method because it’s easier to calculate averages and other things. I run 9 laps on a track and keep my best 3 to calculate the average. I do all the testing in the garage test tracks, track grip = low.

Circuit da Roma
Just before starting I just want to mention that on your post in this thread you mention SS but in your garage the spec sheet says SM, I went with SS. Also you mention TC1, I prefer not using this unless driving some of the old LMP1 cars. Generally speaking on this track there were no major issues, the only problem came on the last turn before the start line, couldn’t find the the right line/speed, but otherwise the car was steady, the turn in/out are good, the braking, I’ll get back to this later after doing more laps.

Deep Forest
The car has very good traction, the only cause of concern is on the fast u turns at the beginning and at the end of the forest, the stiff suspension skips and though you almost keep your line perfectly I believe that it slows you down quite a bit.

Tsukuba
Now I know what is bothering me, the brake balance when slowing down to 1st gear makes the car go outward, combined with the stiff suspension it becomes hard to take those slow curves fast.

General

Brakes:
I’ve been trying to find a way to test if my brake balance was good, I decided to try this theory on your car to see if it yields the same results as I have had before with some of the tunes I’m working on. With the original BB my time on Tsukuba was AVG= 57.391, BL = 57.202, with the altered BB I did AVG = 57.134, BL = 56.915 . What I usually do is redo these test on a least 3 different tracks to make sure that it is conclusive. The test itself is pretty easy and takes very little time, I went to SPA (weather change), put in the Course Settings, Weather at Race Start = 100%, Surface Water at Race Start = 100%, drive to the starting grid keeping a straight line and while being totally straight brake hard (full), if the car goes to the right or left, change the value of the front or rear and redo the test until the car is straight when you stop. Of course this will change the handling in curves, thus the MLSD decel might have to be readjusted and maybe the spring rate/dampers also. This is an ongoing experiment that I’m doing so the results are not yet conclusive, but so far on a Challenger RT ’70 with standard brakes and abs0 I have got these results.
View attachment 235759 this is the result i got, the test #2 was done using the procedure I just described.

I’m thinking of using Tsukuba Wet instead because I think there may be a slight slope at SPA, but it's a little longer to get to the straightaway. I will also try testing with tires like CH on dry road to see if I get the same results.

Oh, almost forgot, the alternate balance I tried was 3/7, but I did this a little fast, you could maybe try the standard brakes also, see what kind of results you get.

Power:
The sound of the engine is great, I have one question regarding your choice, have you tried other powering up setups?

MLSD:
I’m not sure you should touch this, maybe as last resort if all else fails.

Transmission:
Just wondering, did you decide to use the TC=1 after setting the transmission or before?

Suspension:
Stiff but well balanced, gives you the impression of great traction, I think you did a good job with this, though you may have sacrificed a little turning power with it.

General:
This car will please beginner and intermediate drivers, it may lack speed compared to Bowtie’s tune to compete in expert levels, though much easier to control. I think all those who will try this will like it. I’m a little curious about how other tuners proceed to tuning their cars, do you go by the feel or do you go by the lap times you get? Excellent job, have a good and I hope your studies are going well.:cheers:

View attachment 235761
Thanks for the extensive review. I will try and answer the questions as I saw them.

I did think about other power ups but I went with the parts I selected due to the power to increased torque from the supercharger and the increased power installing a sports exhaust comes from installing it. I always tune my garage tunes with TC set to 1 but I have found that a lot of the tunes I do work with TC 0.

With regards to the tyres, the tune was originally tuned on SM tyres. I think it was for a seasonal event that was out and I wanted to test that car on those tyres. SS tyres didn't seem to do it any harm though. Many thanks for reviewing this tune again.

Chevrolete Corvette Z06(C5) '04
N_rburgring_Nordschleife_1_2.jpg

Specifications
Performance Points:
550 PP
Max. Power:
503 HP
Weight:
1222 kg
Weight Distribution (F/R):
5050 / -4950
Displacement:
5665 cc
Max. Torque:
508 ft-lb
Drivetrain:
FR
Game Version:
Controller Type:
Steering Wheel
Tires
Tires (Front):
Sports: Soft
Tires (Rear):
N_rburgring_Nordschleife_4.jpg

Parts & Modifications
Aero Kit:
Type A
Wheel Model:
RAYS 57Xtreme
Wheel Size:
+2
Suspension Kit:
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Transmission:
Fully-Customizable Transmission
Clutch:
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Engine:
Stage 1
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3
Other Parts:
  • Racing Brake Kit
  • Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
  • Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential
  • Semi-Racing Exhaust
  • Intake Tuning
  • Isometric Exhaust Manifold
  • Catalytic Converter: Sports
  • Window Weight Reduction
Suspension
Ride Height (F/R):
76 / 80
Spring Rate (F/R):
7.63 / 11.44
Dampers - Comp. (F/R):
8 / 2
Dampers - Ext. (F/R):
5 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars (F/R):
4 / 3
Camber Angle (F/R):
1.2 / 0.8
Toe Angle (F/R):
0.04 / 0.30
Brake Balance (F/R):

2 / 3
N_rburgring_Nordschleife_3.jpg

Transmission
Max. Speed:
340 kph
1st Gear:
2nd Gear:
3rd Gear:
4th Gear:
5th Gear:
6th Gear:
Final Gear:
Drivetrain
Initial Torque (F/R):
00 / 07
Accel. Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 09
Braking Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 06
F/R Torque Distribution:
5050 / -4950
Power
Power Limiter:
90.2%
Body
Ballast Weight:
59 kg
Ballast Position:
50%
Driving Aids
Traction Control:
ABS Level:

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I have had little time at my PS3 the last few days and most has been spent building cars and preparing to test the FITT Mustangs. I will be starting on that project tonight and will not get to review any of the tunes until I am done with that, and am tentatively signed up to test the FITT GT's. Am going to try and get some more reviews in in between those. Looking to review @shaunm80 Callaway, @xande1959 Z06 and might be brave and even try @Ridox2JZGTE Vette. Please feel free to test, tune and review:tup:

Oh and want to also check out @sinof1337 Vette as well.....:banghead: so much to do, so little time.

Sorry guys, I have had little time at my PS3 the last few days and most has been spent building cars and preparing to test the FITT Mustangs. I will be starting on that project tonight and will not get to review any of the tunes until I am done with that, and am tentatively signed up to test the FITT GT's. Am going to try and get some more reviews in in between those. Looking to review @shaunm80 Callaway, @xande1959 Z06 and might be brave and even try @Ridox2JZGTE Vette. Please feel free to test, tune and review:tup:

Oh and want to also check out @sinof1337 Vette as well.....:banghead: so much to do, so little time.
don't worry and take your time, the month is not even halfway through, I should have time to maybe do three reviews this weekend (hopefully @sinof1337, @Ridox2JZGTE ,@xande1959). After that I might look at the Callaway's, I love the way the car looks but always found that it wasn't that good performance wise as a sports car, maybe one of you will change my mind about that:lol:. As for so much to do, so little time, I totally agree at 1 000 000 % on that.👍

@sinof1337

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 550PP - SM

About me:

About the Tests:

Sierra
I couldn’t find any mention of the abs setting/traction control, 💡 so I put abs1, TC=0. I used Sierra for the tuners track because it’s the only one you mention on your post. I totally forgot about those jumps on the track, good wake up call. I haven’t driven on this track since I did the Sierra Time Rally. It’s a beautiful track, one of the most fun to drive on but also one of the hardest tracks to get consistent lap times, So here we go, the car has a nice balance to it, it’s a little floaty but I personally like that, keeps you on the edge of your seat. The window for recuperating from a mistake is rather small, and I think that the stiff suspension makes the car jump on certain curves, but it could be the track itself. Accelerating fast out of certain curves makes the car want to keep turning and you have to counter steer to correct it, this could be do to the MLSD or the Suspension setting, it’s not dramatic once you know this. At the end of one of those long straights ( first section I think) the brakes balance worked very well, car slowed down in straight line even with those little bumps. I did 2 laps, unfortunately I crashed on both laps, on the second lap I was 3/4 of the way with a clean lap and I got a little too confident, :embarrassed: wham.

Deep Forest
This is not a love affair :mad:, this car doesn’t like this track ( or is it the track that doesn't love this car), you need to make to many steering corrections, the bumps really kick the traction out of this car. I rarely wipe out here, I touched the rumble strip out of the last corner going back to the finish line and totally lost control. To drive efficiently here you have to use quite a bit of throttle control, after a bump it’s best to let go the gas.

Tsukuba
On a flat track like this the suspension works well, the major problem I’m feeling is that out of the apex you have to ease the throttle, this is trickier with a PS3 controller, I just wish I could give more gas earlier out of the curve.

General
Fun car 👍, on some long curves you can turn while keeping your wheels spinning ( burning rubber) using throttle control :cool:, sort of like what you would do to turn with the old Porche’s (RR), fun but not always efficient :lol:. Track choice is important with this tune.

Brakes:
Putting a 50/50 weight distribution gives it a nice even feel when braking out off top speeds.

Power:
As with the previous two tunes I tried, you don’t feel you need more, is there a better selection of parts to get to that PP level? For you to try.

MLSD:
I’m not sure if this is the part that’s guilty :guilty: for the out of curve loss of control or the balance of the front/rear suspension spring rates. One of the two needs a little tweaking, I think.

Transmission:
Good.

Suspension:
(see MLSD )

This is the first time I review one of your tunes, I read your post, I hope that you find the time to update it at some time like you said. Just needs a little more love. Good tune, I like the choice of SM for it. I’ve added to the chart % Diff, what this tells me is if I had a problem with my driving or with the tune. The lower the number the better it is, for me. The formula is [‘Average Lap’ - ’Best Lap’] * 100 / ‘Average Lap’
Great fun trying this, hope you'll continue to participate in these events. If you have comments, or you don't agree please feel free to share your thoughts, I'm far from the best tuner's or drivers so take my opinions lightly and trust your instincts strongly. :cheers:

Picture 8.png

Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 Replica
Tuned to replicate Corvette C5 Z06
Andy Pilgrim World Record at Willow Springs International Raceway
Comfort Medium / Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar

CAR : Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04
Tire : Comfort Medium

Specs - Full Running Weight
Horsepower: 405 HP at 6000 RPM
Weight: 1474 kg
Ballast : 60 kg
Ballast Position : -12
Performance Points: 502

Specs - Car & Driver Test Curb Weight
Horsepower: 405 HP at 600 RPM
Weight: 1418 kg
Ballast : 4 kg
Ballast Position : -4
Performance Points: 505

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Rear Wing : Custom Wing Type A ( OPTIONAL ) - INSTALLED.
Wheels : Standard or RAYS GTS
Car Paint : Torch Red or Black or Millennium Yellow or Bordeaux Red Pearl

Tuning Parts Installed :
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - FE-4 C5 Z06 Corvette Suspension Package 525/714
C&D Test Ride Height
Personal Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 99 99
Spring Rate: 9.38 12.75
Dampers (Compression): 5 3
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 6 5
Camber Angle: 0.8 0.8 ( Front Camber : 0.70 +- 0.50 / Rear Camber : 0.68 +- 0.50 )
Toe Angle: 0.13 0.03 ( Toe In Front : 0.08 +- 0.20 / Toe In Rear : 0.02 +- 0.20 )

Alternative Stock Delivered C5 Z06 Alignment ( 2001 Spec )
Factory Setup more towards understeer

Camber Angle: 0.8 0.3 / 0.8 0.8 ( Most have 0.75 front and rear )
Toe Angle: 0.30 0.10

Alternative Street/Track Alignment
Camber Angle: 1.0 0.8
Toe Angle: 0.06 0.01

Alternative Aggressive Track Alignment
Camber Angle: 1.5 1.1
Toe Angle: -0.02 0.01

LSD - C5 Z06 GU6 LSD
Initial Torque : 18
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 13

AERO
Rear : 20 ( Max )

Brake Balance:
4/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 1 click higher at the rear.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 4/5 brake balance as starting point. Go higher if preferred, 5/6 for example.

Notes :

The C5 Corvette was one those cars that never gets old to look at :P I love the shape from the side, the curve of the hood, the short tailed rear end, the C5 just shows what a sexy woman can be in the form of a car :D

This replica is a stock car complete with stock tires replicated.

The power of the C5 Z06 was originally 385 HP when it was 1st released in 2001. Then the car went some changes from 2002 model year, the LS6 engine was upgraded and it grows in power to 405HP with 400lb ft torque, a good increase that also paired with lower weight than the base C5. The test curb weight of the car during Car & Driver Test was 1418kg, this will be optional. I used the heaviest running order weight at 1474kg, about 3250lbs. Weight distribution is at 53.5 / 46.5 as tested by C&D, this is reflected in ballast position.

Suspension for C5 Z06 comes in FE4 Package, different than the FE3 Sports Suspension which was available for Z51 C5. The front transverse composite leaf spring is 525 lb/in in rate, similar to FE3 Z51. The rear transverse composite leaf spring is 714 lb/in, stiffer than the FE3 Z51 rate at 634 lb/in. The Damper and ARB has been setup to give neutral balance, with FE4 Sway Bars Package taken into consideration ( 31mm / 23.6mm ). My personal alignment is used, using the factory range as a base. I provided additional alignment setup, feel free to try them.

The C5 Z06 comes with limited slip differential ( GU6 ), I have used some preload and medium lock to simulate the LSD, this gives much needed traction and stability around Willow Springs ( Big Willow ).

The rear wing is optional, feel free to install it. I simply like the look of it.

The C5 Z06 was tested and tuned at Tsukuba, Silverstone GP, Willow Springs ( Big Willow and Streets ), Red Bull Ring and Laguna Seca. The main aim in this replica is to replicate the lap time at Big Willow that was done on stock factory tire - Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar. This is comfort medium in GT6 :P The lap time was 1:30.6s on 4th lap by the legendary Corvette Race Driver, Andy Pilgrim. He also fitted Goodyear’s DOT-approved “S” compound version of the F1 and posted 1:28.3s on 3rd hotlap ( feel free to try replicate the time using comfort soft )

The real life race car driver of the C5-R Vette ( Andy Pilgrim ) pulled the magical lap on stock Z06 C5 on 4th lap with OEM Eagle F1 tire to prove his point to a motorcycle magazine that pitted the Z06 C5 against Suzuki GXR1000 - both were tested by Kevin Schwantz - a main feature article of the mag. The test run were heavily biased in favor of the bike and the Z06 C5 was driven with TC Competitive Mode enabled. The magical lap was close to 4 second quicker than the Schwantz manage to pull off. I managed to replicate the magic lap with the replica :P I think I had some slow section ( 2 corners were hairy :lol: ) that could shaved another tenths or two at the very least.

Here is a quote from the letter sent by Andy Pilgrim to the Editor of the Magazine in 2003 :

I have included the replay of the "magical" Lap at 1:30.6s ( Big Willow ) on CM tire + full running weight + personal alignment setup. Watch it and Enjoy :cheers:

ENJOY :cheers:

ANDY PILGRIM :

Second from the left below, at ROLEX Daytona 24H, on the far right, the legendary Dale Earnhardt, 2 weeks before his passing, RIP.

dale-earnhardt-rolex-24-600mh020811.jpg

daleandy-1297283006.jpg

Andy with his Speed World Challenge Cadillac CTS V and the hot Holly Sonders :P

%7B0570E4EE-74C2-4C61-84B6-3AA20AD51D94%7D163274719_10.jpg
Hey my friend, which one of the two tunings do I use for the review? I want the one that will match Andy's performance :ouch:. See you soon :cheers:

Hey my friend, which one of the two tunings do I use for the review? I want the one that will match Andy's performance :ouch:. See you soon :cheers:

Use the same setup that I used to get 1:30.6s : Full running weight + personal alignment, feel free to use CM tire and above. I would like to hear feedback on the car with higher grip tire too ( SH to SS ) :cheers: If you have more free time, also try the C&D Test Curb Weight :D

Use the same setup that I used to get 1:30.6s : Full running weight + personal alignment, feel free to use CM tire and above. I would like to hear feedback on the car with higher grip tire too ( SH to SS ) :cheers: If you have more free time, also try the C&D Test Curb Weight :D
Just went and tried with CM, are you and Andy :crazy::crazy::crazy:, my insurance rates are going to skyrocket, .... taking a break and going to mow the lawn, seems a lot more safe for me:lol:.

Just went and tried with CM, are you and Andy :crazy::crazy::crazy:, my insurance rates are going to skyrocket, .... taking a break and going to mow the lawn, seems a lot more safe for me:lol:.

Be sure to use my replay for ghost if you have trouble picking the optimal lines at Big Willow :) The lap time is right on the ceiling of car limit, Andy's time was never beaten and he did it on his 4th lap :eek:, he must be gunning for it :lol: Also try to beat the 1:28s lap on CS if you like.
I wished I have wheel with clutch+shifter, it would be much more closer to the real lap in terms of authenticity in performance ( shift times )

Last edited:
@Ridox2JZGTE

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 502PP - CM/CS/SS - ABS=0

About me:
You already know.

About the Tests:

Big Willow
Ok, I thought this was going to be hard :D, I did 1:26.489 on CM, abs0, I don’t know why you were so enthralled by Andy’s performance. By the way do you believe in Santa Claus? No, ah then my real time was Best Lap=1:32.237 :dunce:, Average = 1:33.122 on CM,abs0, you’re a pretty good driver my friend 👍, I need more practice with powerful cars on CM, I’m over powering the tires to much:rolleyes:, it’s a little different than what I’m working on now (Schwimmwagen, 2CV, Sambabus, Carol). I tried with CS, abs0, did a little better, Best Lap = 1:28.355, Average 1:28.464. IRL :scared: I would have probable done 1:45.xxx, I don’t think I would have been too brave with such a powerful beast.

For the rest of the review I opted for SS, just felt I needed something safer :lol: to calm my nerves. First thing I changed the BB to 6/7 for SS, makes a big difference with abs0. The only real thing I could complain loudly about was the transmission, would have done a little better with one adjusted for this track. I’d like to be picky :P here but I’ll wait until Deep Forest to do so. The handling was very good, with SS ( with CM could use a steel rail on the track with a magnet under the car).

Deep Forest
I really wish I could find a fault here :boggled:, it is a little gritty on the curves in the forest but not enough to complain, after 3 laps I’m starting to push it off it’s limits and when I do it’s easy to catch it and correct it. On my last 2 laps I went under the 1:23.000, very easy and quite fun to drive here.

Tsukuba
Same smooth ride as on the other tracks, ok so you can chalk this one as quite good.

Brakes:
I don’t see why so many people make such a fuss with using abs0, not as powerful as abs1, but definitely not that difficult to use, just a bit slower lap times, but let's not start that argument again.

Power:
What? :odd: You didn’t know you could upgrade the engine? I'll send you the game manual by FedEx.:P

MLSD:
Well since you don’t believe in Santa, I’ll have to say.....close to....:ouch:... very good.

Transmission:
Yup, PD did include the option to modify this, Oh,... I see,.... replicas have the same values as the real world model and PD actually got this one right.

Suspension:
I’m jealous :grumpy:, yeah really, so I’m going to steal :mischievous: this one to put in my suspension modeler, I think it’s better than the NSX ’92. :yuck:

General:
All jokes aside, this one is a real charm to drive, replica or not. DON’T DO THE 2CV, please. Take care :cheers:

Picture 10.png

@Ridox2JZGTE

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 502PP - CM/CS/SS - ABS=0

About me:
You already know.

About the Tests:

Big Willow
Ok, I thought this was going to be hard :D, I did 1:26.489 on CM, abs0, I don’t know why you were so enthralled by Andy’s performance. By the way do you believe in Santa Claus? No, ah then my real time was Best Lap=1:32.237 :dunce:, Average = 1:33.122 on CM,abs0, you’re a pretty good driver my friend 👍, I need more practice with powerful cars on CM, I’m over powering the tires to much:rolleyes:, it’s a little different than what I’m working on now (Schwimmwagen, 2CV, Sambabus, Carol). I tried with CS, abs0, did a little better, Best Lap = 1:28.355, Average 1:28.464. IRL :scared: I would have probable done 1:45.xxx, I don’t think I would have been too brave with such a powerful beast.

For the rest of the review I opted for SS, just felt I needed something safer :lol: to calm my nerves. First thing I changed the BB to 6/7 for SS, makes a big difference with abs0. The only real thing I could complain loudly about was the transmission, would have done a little better with one adjusted for this track. I’d like to be picky :P here but I’ll wait until Deep Forest to do so. The handling was very good, with SS ( with CM could use a steel rail on the track with a magnet under the car).

Deep Forest
I really wish I could find a fault here :boggled:, it is a little gritty on the curves in the forest but not enough to complain, after 3 laps I’m starting to push it off it’s limits and when I do it’s easy to catch it and correct it. On my last 2 laps I went under the 1:23.000, very easy and quite fun to drive here.

Tsukuba
Same smooth ride as on the other tracks, ok so you can chalk this one as quite good.

Brakes:
I don’t see why so many people make such a fuss with using abs0, not as powerful as abs1, but definitely not that difficult to use, just a bit slower lap times, but let's not start that argument again.

Power:
What? :odd: You didn’t know you could upgrade the engine? I'll send you the game manual by FedEx.:P

MLSD:
Well since you don’t believe in Santa, I’ll have to say.....close to....:ouch:... very good.

Transmission:
Yup, PD did include the option to modify this, Oh,... I see,.... replicas have the same values as the real world model and PD actually got this one right.

Suspension:
I’m jealous :grumpy:, yeah really, so I’m going to steal :mischievous: this one to put in my suspension modeler, I think it’s better than the NSX ’92. :yuck:

General:
All jokes aside, this one is a real charm to drive, replica or not. DON’T DO THE 2CV, please. Take care :cheers:

View attachment 238188

:lol: That was fun to read, so how good is very good :D ? 1:32s is very respectable time with ABS 0, if this car and track is used for seasonal TT with same replica tune ( CM and the only changes allowed is BB ), not many will have 1:32s with ABS 0. I think with ABS 1, you would be even quicker, 1:31s at least :P IRL, you could use the Competitive Mode, and it helps greatly with getting to know the track + car while staying close to the limit.

I am curious about your suspension comment, which NSX '92 you are referring to ? My replica ? That car needs revisit as it was done when camber was broken ( before 1.09 )

I have so many American cars ideas to build, but most of them can't even use real life springs :grumpy: why limiting lower limit rate value ? Most of them can't get low enough, PD fail :lol: Why bother making stock suspension setup if not even close to the real car specification.

:lol: That was fun to read, so how good is very good :D ? 1:32s is very respectable time with ABS 0, if this car and track is used for seasonal TT with same replica tune ( CM and the only changes allowed is BB ), not many will have 1:32s with ABS 0. I think with ABS 1, you would be even quicker, 1:31s at least :P IRL, you could use the Competitive Mode, and it helps greatly with getting to know the track + car while staying close to the limit.

I am curious about your suspension comment, which NSX '92 you are referring to ? My replica ? That car needs revisit as it was done when camber was broken ( before 1.09 )

I have so many American cars ideas to build, but most of them can't even use real life springs :grumpy: why limiting lower limit rate value ? Most of them can't get low enough, PD fail :lol: Why bother making stock suspension setup if not even close to the real car specification.
The NSX is the one I did a test/review that I posted in your garage (page 56 or 57, somewhere there). If I remember right it was the Senna:confused:. Take care :cheers:

The NSX is the one I did a test/review that I posted in your garage (page 56 or 57, somewhere there). If I remember right it was the Senna:confused:. Take care :cheers:

Oh, gotcha :) The Type R Senna Tribute, the alignment on that car needs correction at the very least, I made mistakes when converting from mm to minutes then degree, I think I didn't calculate correctly :(

Chevrolete Corvette Z06(C5) '04
N_rburgring_Nordschleife_1_2.jpg

Specifications
Performance Points:
530 PP
Max. Power:
440 HP
Weight:
1222 kg
Weight Distribution (F/R):
5050 / -4950
Displacement:
5665 cc
Max. Torque:
440 ft-lb
Drivetrain:
FR
Game Version:
Controller Type:
Steering Wheel
Tires
Tires (Front):
Tires (Rear):
N_rburgring_Nordschleife_4.jpg

Parts & Modifications
Aero Kit:
Type A
Wheel Model:
RAYS 57Xtreme
Wheel Size:
+2
Suspension Kit:
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Transmission:
Fully-Customizable Transmission
Clutch:
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Engine:
Stage 1
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3
Other Parts:
  • Racing Brake Kit
  • Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
  • Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential
  • Intake Tuning
  • Isometric Exhaust Manifold
  • Catalytic Converter: Sports
  • Window Weight Reduction
Suspension
Ride Height (F/R):
76 / 80
Spring Rate (F/R):
7.63 / 11.44
Dampers - Comp. (F/R):
8 / 2
Dampers - Ext. (F/R):
5 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars (F/R):
4 / 3
Camber Angle (F/R):
1.2 / 0.8
Toe Angle (F/R):
0.04 / 0.30
Brake Balance (F/R):

2 / 3
N_rburgring_Nordschleife_3.jpg

Transmission
Max. Speed:
320 kph
1st Gear:
2nd Gear:
3rd Gear:
4th Gear:
5th Gear:
6th Gear:
Final Gear:
Drivetrain
Initial Torque (F/R):
00 / 07
Accel. Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 09
Braking Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 09
F/R Torque Distribution:
5050 / -4950
Power
Power Limiter:
95.5%
Body
Ballast Weight:
59 kg
Ballast Position:
50%
Driving Aids
Traction Control:
ABS Level:
Hey my friend, good to see you again, I was going to do this cars review but when I put all the parts I get 550PP, while your post states 530PP, can you verify on your end if everything is right? Thanks.

@xande1959

About me:
You don’t need this intro. I will try to write this review in a simple form and choose words that the translator should be able to translate. I hope.

About the Tests:
All my lap times are shown in total seconds per lap. I use this method because it’s easier to calculate averages and other things. I run 9 laps on a track and keep my best 3 to calculate the average. I do all the testing in the garage test tracks, track grip = low.

Nurburgring GP/D
I chose this track for the tuner’s track because the pictures you put seemed to be from here. Though I know it was probably “Nurbugring Nordschleife”. I was disappointed when I tried it here. I could not brake late. I would slide sideways. Out of turns was sluggish. It was difficult to rotate on some curves. I tried changing the brake balance. With original bb 2/3 my time was - Best Lap = 1:32.472 , Average = 1:33.122 . With different BB 10/10 my time was - Best Lap = 1:28.385 , Average = 1:28.464 . This is not my favorite track for testing. I think I just was getting better on the second run. But I was feeling more secure with it. I think the difference should have been about 0.400 seconds.

Deep Forest
I put back the BB to 2/3. Good thing I did. WOW. Great feel here. I was fast and consistent without putting to much effort. If I was to be picky about something, there might be a small adjustment to be made on the suspension to give it just a little bit more grip on the curve coming out of the forest. But if that would change the feel and speed on the rest of the track I would not do it.👍👍👍

Tsukuba
On the straight before the last hairpin there was a feeling of unbalance. This happened at least 4 times. Could be my driving though.

General

Brakes:
On “Tsukuba” and “GP/D” there seems to be some lacking brake power and balance. These tracks have harder braking curves. On “Deep Forest” the BB was perfect.

Power:
I don’t think the car could handle much more than this.

MLSD:
Almost perfect for my driving, Enough traction out of curves but to much that it slows you down.

Transmission:
Simple and very effective, I have taken a note on this. I love the idea.

Suspension:
Could be some improvements done, but it would take quite a bit of testing to make this any better.

General:
Very good tuning. Nice to see you again and that your still getting better at this.

:cheers:

Tenha um bom dia ("Have a good day" in Portuguese if Google Translate did it correctly.)

PS @ Rush471 , I will do a review of your car as soon as time permits, thanks for posting one and joining us.

Picture 2.png

Last edited:
@xande1959

About me:
You don’t need this intro. I will try to write this review in a simple form and choose words that the translator should be able to translate. I hope.

About the Tests:
All my lap times are shown in total seconds per lap. I use this method because it’s easier to calculate averages and other things. I run 9 laps on a track and keep my best 3 to calculate the average. I do all the testing in the garage test tracks, track grip = low.

Nurburgring GP/D
I chose this track for the tuner’s track because the pictures you put seemed to be from here. Though I know it was probably “Nurbugring Nordschleife”. I was disappointed when I tried it here. I could not brake late. I would slide sideways. Out of turns was sluggish. It was difficult to rotate on some curves. I tried changing the brake balance. With original bb 2/3 my time was - Best Lap = 1:32.472 , Average = 1:33.122 . With different BB 10/10 my time was - Best Lap = 1:28.385 , Average = 1:28.464 . This is not my favorite track for testing. I think I just was getting better on the second run. But I was feeling more secure with it. I think the difference should have been about 0.400 seconds.

Deep Forest
I put back the BB to 2/3. Good thing I did. WOW. Great feel here. I was fast and consistent without putting to much effort. If I was to be picky about something, there might be a small adjustment to be made on the suspension to give it just a little bit more grip on the curve coming out of the forest. But if that would change the feel and speed on the rest of the track I would not do it.👍👍👍

Tsukuba
On the straight before the last hairpin there was a feeling of unbalance. This happened at least 4 times. Could be my driving though.

General

Brakes:
On “Tsukuba” and “GP/D” there seems to be some lacking brake power and balance. These tracks have harder braking curves. On “Deep Forest” the BB was perfect.

Power:
I don’t think the car could handle much more than this.

MLSD:
Almost perfect for my driving, Enough traction out of curves but to much that it slows you down.

Transmission:
Simple and very effective, I have taken a note on this. I love the idea.

Suspension:
Could be some improvements done, but it would take quite a bit of testing to make this any better.

General:
Very good tuning. Nice to see you again and that your still getting better at this.

:cheers:

Tenha um bom dia ("Have a good day" in Portuguese if Google Translate did it correctly.)

PS @ Rush471 , I will do a review of your car as soon as time permits, thanks for posting one and joining us.

View attachment 239338
- hello friend happy to see him testing my car, I'm traveling alias fishing, then it will take a few days for me to return, but one thing they could have done was to lower the rear dampers extension and then lower the rear toe angle would give him higher response in weight transfer time to brake and the acceleration would be more grip.muito thank you for your dedication.:bowdown::cheers:👍:gtpflag:

Callaway C12 550pp Review - by Bowtie-muscle and shaunm80

Shaun and I have each posted a 550pp tune for this somewhat challenging car. Based on the C5 Corvette you would expect more than what it delivers, did Callaway mess up an American icon or did PD? Not sure where shaun did most of his tuning, but mine was done at Willow Springs for 2 reasons, I like the track (or should I say did, burned out now with it) and I was preparing for for FITT Mustang testing there. So I needed a neutral track and chose two. Apricot Hill and Brands Hatch GP. Two more tracks I enjoy. Let's see how it went.

Apricot Hill, can be a bit challenging in it's own right but can be fun. Shaun's up first, 5 laps to see how it performs. I found it a bit tame on the power compared to how I remembered my own but not a criticism. Grip was really good, I was concerned about the final gear and quickly realized there was no problem but mor of a benefit to the gearing. Some understeer can be found, but at this track that is what you fight especially if you take it too deep into the corner. Some mild exit oversteer after the hairpin and final turn but easily corrected with changing braking zones and throttle application. Nice and easy drive, stable and quick. Best lap of 5 - 1:25.538, not really pushing it too hard. Now into my tune.

Feels like more power and better acceleration until you get to turn 1, for me the rotation was a tad better until I got to the exit. This is where the tail slip and wheel spin kicked in. Through the esses the rear was not as stable as Shaun's and the long left hand sweeper had better entry but again, had to get the exit correct. Braking was much longer heading into the hairpin, final section also was also not as easy to navigate. At least it was better down the front straight. Best lap of 5 - 1:25.836

Score one for Shaun here.

Brands Hatch: This was just a bit different and more fun with the exception of the driver making the same error lap after lap in both tunes. Braking not as big an issue here and the understeer in both cars was much less noticeable. Not as many clean laps again due to driver error or that clump of grass that always found it's way on track and sending the car for a spin. *sigh* But I Digress, the slight over rotation helped my tune here as did shaun's stability help his. The lap times were very close also, 1:32.289 and 1:32.342, with my tune behind by .053! I believe if given a ten lap run in each, changing the line in that one turn, these two tunes would only get better, perhaps mine would get the edge but it would not be by much. Let's call it a draw.

Conclusion and final thoughts: full disclosure, depending on the track selection, I would likely opt to use @shaunm80's tune over my own. Willow or Brands mine, but most others his. Not an easy car to tune and make competitive, and has disappointed me since GT4. This is my opinion but at 550pp, this car is likely at or just above it's pp level sweet spot. I chose the C5 and and this car hoping someone would be able to build a fun tune for it and we may be there or close. Was hoping for more versions to try but alas, it just is not that great a performer compared to other choices. The z06, pick a year, will always be better but fun can be had in a Callaway. Just by wise is track selection and tire choice.

Thanks for reading :)

Callaway C12 550pp Review - by Bowtie-muscle and shaunm80

Shaun and I have each posted a 550pp tune for this somewhat challenging car. Based on the C5 Corvette you would expect more than what it delivers, did Callaway mess up an American icon or did PD? Not sure where shaun did most of his tuning, but mine was done at Willow Springs for 2 reasons, I like the track (or should I say did, burned out now with it) and I was preparing for for FITT Mustang testing there. So I needed a neutral track and chose two. Apricot Hill and Brands Hatch GP. Two more tracks I enjoy. Let's see how it went.

Apricot Hill, can be a bit challenging in it's own right but can be fun. Shaun's up first, 5 laps to see how it performs. I found it a bit tame on the power compared to how I remembered my own but not a criticism. Grip was really good, I was concerned about the final gear and quickly realized there was no problem but mor of a benefit to the gearing. Some understeer can be found, but at this track that is what you fight especially if you take it too deep into the corner. Some mild exit oversteer after the hairpin and final turn but easily corrected with changing braking zones and throttle application. Nice and easy drive, stable and quick. Best lap of 5 - 1:25.538, not really pushing it too hard. Now into my tune.

Feels like more power and better acceleration until you get to turn 1, for me the rotation was a tad better until I got to the exit. This is where the tail slip and wheel spin kicked in. Through the esses the rear was not as stable as Shaun's and the long left hand sweeper had better entry but again, had to get the exit correct. Braking was much longer heading into the hairpin, final section also was also not as easy to navigate. At least it was better down the front straight. Best lap of 5 - 1:25.836

Score one for Shaun here.

Brands Hatch: This was just a bit different and more fun with the exception of the driver making the same error lap after lap in both tunes. Braking not as big an issue here and the understeer in both cars was much less noticeable. Not as many clean laps again due to driver error or that clump of grass that always found it's way on track and sending the car for a spin. *sigh* But I Digress, the slight over rotation helped my tune here as did shaun's stability help his. The lap times were very close also, 1:32.289 and 1:32.342, with my tune behind by .053! I believe if given a ten lap run in each, changing the line in that one turn, these two tunes would only get better, perhaps mine would get the edge but it would not be by much. Let's call it a draw.

Conclusion and final thoughts: full disclosure, depending on the track selection, I would likely opt to use @shaunm80's tune over my own. Willow or Brands mine, but most others his. Not an easy car to tune and make competitive, and has disappointed me since GT4. This is my opinion but at 550pp, this car is likely at or just above it's pp level sweet spot. I chose the C5 and and this car hoping someone would be able to build a fun tune for it and we may be there or close. Was hoping for more versions to try but alas, it just is not that great a performer compared to other choices. The z06, pick a year, will always be better but fun can be had in a Callaway. Just by wise is track selection and tire choice.

Thanks for reading :)
I did take the safe route with my Callaway C12 and I can see from your review that in hind sight, it was the best option to do. It seems that just lately, our tunes are being split by a hair when it comes to time. A slight difference in tuning style but as you say, your tunes work well on some tracks where as my style has better stability on corner exit which has its own advantages. Great review by the way. Thanks for taking the time as I know that your busy with FITT tunes and tests as well as creating tunes for your garage.

Back