**CAR OF THE WEEK! Friday 29/06/12**

United Kingdom
Manchester/England
webbithegooner
Announcing the 21st installment of the Car of the Week series.

A chance for everyone on GTPlanet to get behind the wheel of the same car and give it a thorough going over. The aim is to get people driving what they wouldn't usually drive, or cars that may have been overlooked. They may be great, they may be terrible, but as part of GT5 they deserve discussion right here.

People can show off their amazing photos, trade tuning tips, race one another and review that weeks nominated car. Lap times can be posted, top speeds and acceleration times compared and tips on handling discussed.

We are starting to develop a brilliant bunch of regular contributors but I very much encourage everyone to get involved and have their say. Every week a poster will be picked for their contribution in that weeks thread to pick the star car for the following week. Ask anyone that has so far been chosen to pick and I am sure they will tell you what an honor it is! So get involved and it could be you!

So, without further ado, this weeks star car of the week.

Well, this week I am picking myself. Mainly because I couldn't get near 'tinterweb to message anyone to ask for their contribution, but also because I this week discovered a car I have had for ages and never driven. AND I LOVE IT!

I am sure you all have driven it to death, but I hope anyone who hasn't will give it a go. PLUS Iainn gave us some grrrrreat stats last week that showed that we were quite limited in the selection of countries we have used so far. So here is a new 'un.

The Oullim Mortors Spirra 4.6 V8 '04

oullim-motors-spirra-12_1280x0w.jpg

Yes! Last one backwards-on-fire-in-a-wall-upside-down buys a round!

Last edited:
cheers for the mention and thanks for choosing something I've never even looked at since it arrived in the garage. Looking forward to it.

-McClarenDesign's-

Very Serious SLS AMG Review of the Car of the Week N Stuff

"I'm fine, but I'm going to need to change my shorts when this race is over" -Greg Moore

Week 21: 2004 Oullim Motors Spirra 4.6 V8

It isn't often that things to work these days. We've become an interconnected society, dependent on pixels displayed on screens to convey feelings and emotions. Many would rather speak to one another via text messages or email, some communicating en masse in something that has absolutely no resemblance to the "forums" of old. Some would argue that this inter-connectivity has brought us giant leaps forward into the future, but what they fail to see are the side effects listed on the warning labels.

It was only a decade ago that error messages started becoming a daily fact of life. There were no DVRs spitting out generic messages about why your show "might not" have recorded, there was just your retarded spouse. Of course.. she fights back... but at least you had someone to yell at, rather than a black or grey piece of plastic. If you had a computer virus, it was likely because you gave it to yourself, or picked it up on Prodigy or AOL.

Think about it, when was the last time your Walkman gave you an error message? Worst case scenario, you re-rolled the tape, and the problem was solved. You may have lost a few minutes, but it wasn't on the phone with someone that barely speaks your language, and asks you stupid questions like "did you plug it in?" Before iPads and cellphones, things actually worked, because you demanded it.

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi-1.jpg

I was reminded of this problem on the way to the office. Somehow my car had become a Bluetooth black hole, sucking up anything with a signal but connecting to nothing. Instead of actually driving, I was busy trying to figure out what went wrong, and how to reset the language on the display to English. Rubbish.

I'm greeted at the office by our producer, who looks like he's just seen a ghost. When I inquire further, my questions are deflected in a manner that would instill confidence, but his eyes betray him. Something has spooked this man more than I've ever seen, and I haven't the faintest idea why. Who knows, maybe his wife is pregnant. Behind him sits Korea's first attempt at a supercar.

This ought to be interesting. Korean cars haven't exactly been around for very long, and usually companies start with sports cars. As it turns out, our car happens to be the prototype, an early sample to create desire. After all, as any reasonable and reputable drug dealer will tell you, the first taste is free. What we want to know is if we'll keep coming back for more, or will we simply die from an overdose?

SpecialStageRouteX-9.jpg

According to Polyphony Digital via Translator-san:
Translator-san
Introduced at the Seoul Motor Show in 2002, the Spirra Prototype was an attractive, midship sports car developed by Proto Motors, a Korean research and development company established in 1997 that is best known for creating stretched limousines and electric vehicle prototypes, for major Korean auto manufacturers including Daewoo and Hyundai.

Korean auto manufacturers are known for their practical sedans and efficient compact cars, but this could soon change as a result of the Proto Motors Spirra Prototype.

With an overall length, width, and height of 170.0 inches, 75.9 inches, and 46.2 inches, respectively, the Spirra's sharply-pressed bodylines rests atop an aluminum space frame/carbon-fiber chassis.

It's looks immediately brings to mind high performance, and includes unique design elements in their use of curves around the headlights. The doors are gull winged and open towards the front.

Actually, those are scissor doors, similar to those found on Lamborghinis. Gullwing doors are like those found on the Mercedes 300 SL, or even the very serious SLS AMG. You see, they're called "gullwings" because when they're viewed from the...

Translator-san
...The engine compartment behind the front seats is spacious enough to accommodate just about any engine, and allowed the choice of a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4, a 3.0-liter V-6 and a 4.6-liter V-8. The most powerful V-8 produced 320 HP, giving it the ability to go head to head with leading Japanese and European sports models, and it came equipped with a 6 speed manual transmission.

This is a very rare car in the extremely competitive sports car market that proudly claims "Made in Korea."

Proto Motors has since changed their name to Oullim Motors.

In the mid-1990s, Han-chul Kim dreamed of building a supercar, and seemed to be in the perfect position to do so. However, working for Ssangyong Motors wasn't exactly panning out as he'd hoped, so rather than continue to design bland sedans for bland people, he kindly advised his employer to take his position within the company, and insert it rectally.

Freed from his dull confines, he began Proto Motors with his wife, a researcher working at another automotive company. Cobbling bits and pieces from anyone that would listen, he crafted a prototype designed to compete with the big boys of Ferrari and Lamborghini. The original design, code named PS-II, included the SVT Cobra Mustang engine, an engine capable of 12 second quarter-mile times with very little modification.

Compared with cars today, the styling still remains relevant. Yes, it does get lost next to cars from Noble, Lamborghini, Bugatti and the like, but I believe that's the point. There's plenty on the market to choose from, but the fact that this car is still in production means that on some level it must be a little profitable. By that measure, I'd call this a success.

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_1.jpg

Performance as Purchased: January 26, 2011, Pearl Black (Black)
Displacement: 4,601 cc
Max. Power: 317 hp @ 6,200 rpm
Max. Torque: 311 ft-lbs. @ 4,000 rpm
Drivetrain: MR
Length: 4,318 mm Height: 1,175 mm Weight: 1205 kg
Tires: Sports (Hard)
Performance Points: 482
Mileage: 21,651.2 mi.

As with each of our reviews, we contacted Oullim to see if they'd be interested our testing, and thankfully they agreed to send out a representative to aid us. Alex is a member of the Shanghai marketing staff, and the crew he's brought are Oullim's finest engineers. If anything is wrong with our Korean beauty, these gentlemen will be the ones to right it. Now all we needed was a driver.

Each week we're promised something better than delivered, and much like getting the wrong pizza, we're hugely disappointed. This week we've been promised a seasoned track professional, but instead have been rewarded with a 17-year-old, pimple-faced autocrosser. Imagine being promised Mario Andretti, only to find out that it's actually some kid that just earned his license, and "happens" to have the same name. This kid's name is Travis, and already I hate him.

2hgw8s3.jpg

Travis- 17-year-old punk that doesn't know (expletive) about (expletive), and pull up your pants. Image Source

Once Alex and his men had finished, we found ourselves with an extra 13 hp, 13 ft-lb. of torque, and 7 more Performance Points, all from a simple oil change. With over 21,000 miles on the odometer, we were relieved to see that no major body work was needed, nor a vast and expensive overhaul of the engine. Alex tells us that of all the SN95 Mustang engines, this is the one to have... and that if you blow out all of your Performance Points on the first try, you'll get your wish.
For those keeping score at home, other notable data includes: Max. Power: 271 hp, Max. Torque: 268 ft-lb., Max. Performance Points: 431 PP

Travis soon climbed into the cockpit, strapping the seat belt tight enough to cut off his circulation... or nearly. With clocks and guns ready, our producer gave the young man the green light, and sent him on his way. In a puff of smoke, he was away, blasting the quarter-mile time in 0:13.086 and up to 60 mph in just 0:04.702. However, his lack of experience soon became apparent, plowing the car into the wall upon turning around.

Our first casualty.
For those keeping score at home, other notable data includes: 0-1 mi.: 0:31.910, 0-100 mph: 0:10.274, Max. G-Force: 0.83G, Top Speed: 184.7 mph

RoadCourse-TwinRingMotegi_2.jpg

The next day, we received our backup car, and a lovely bill for the damages from the previous day. Apparently keeping a trained medical staff on the premises isn't cheap. Despite the time delay, we arranged to have our replacement delivered straight to the track, where I'd be behind the wheel for our first test at a track called Grand Valley.

Having never been here before, my first few laps were tentative and cautious. Alex had assured us that this car had been completely worked over, and found free of any mechanical faults whatsoever. Having said that, I'm pretty sure Alex has never actually been in this car, or at least remained conscious for an entire lap. If a Lamborghini will get you where you want to go with your head on fire, this car wants to skip the fire and chop it right off.

As I picked up the pace, the back end began to slide. When I'd sorted that, the front end decided that it didn't want to work. Driving the car faster was similar to managing two siblings, each determined to "get" the other whilst you aren't looking. Inevitably, this distraction leads to dire consequences. After just ten laps, I'd recorded a 2:05.726 as my best lap, and another Spirra casualty.

Don't worry, I'm okay.

SpecialStageRouteX_1-6.jpg

Another day, another replacement, and plenty of Ibuprofen. Despite my meet-and-greet with the wall the day before, we managed to track down the last remaining example of this Spirra, albeit with a vast insurance policy that our accountants are sure to question upon our return. Thanks to Alex, our Spirra met us ready and waiting at Tsukuba, home of our final test.

As I began my warmup laps around the track, I began to replay the events that lead to my sore body. As the pace quickened, I again found myself catching the car before, during, and after the corners, sawing away at the wheel like a pirate ship captain. At the rate I was going, we were about to end up with another Spirra corpse, and we'd be testing next week's car via the unemployment line.

When I slowed down, my times began to drop in rather large chunks, and I had an epiphany. "Stable" became the buzzword, along with "micro-management" and "traction". Rather than correct the mechanical children after they misbehaved, I found myself delegating their tasks and guiding them towards teamwork. This wasn't easy, much like getting Republicans and Democrats to agree on anything, but with the proper time management the dividends were endless.

After 10 laps, I'd walked away 10 seconds faster than when I'd started, with a best lap of 1:01.296. I'd also come away with a perfectly intact car, something the owner seemed amazed about. However, I also walked away with a greater appreciation for the words "research and development". Clearly, both were needed here.

You see, this car is proof that no driver can drive at 100%, 100% of the time. It simply isn't possible, because in this car, 100% is 90% too fast. Rather than the finished product, this is the test of the theory; will it work and what is it like? You never actually know until you do it, and this Spirra example is definitely a work in progress.

The problem is one of harmony. The Cobra 4.6 puts out gobs of torque, but the front and rear end start fighting one another like gladiators, wasting all of that torque and the tires in the process. When you can sort out what each of the tires is doing... individually, because like children they never want to work together... the steering turns into Helen Keller. Then, when that's done, the brakes become touchy and the tires start to melt.

In order to drive this car, you must be able to sort out all of those things, prioritize them, address their needs, and manage their application in a timely manner. And that timely manner doesn't always mean the fastest, as you frequently have to slow down beyond what seems reasonable. Because it's cobbled together from various bits and pieces, the reaction of the whole reflects the interactions of the individual parts... all of them children.

Instead, it's a bit of technology designed to make your life easier, except it doesn't. It will do phenomenal things, so long as you're prepared to do the actual work. And because you'll be constantly in the hospital, no one will want to ride with you, disconnecting you even more.

It's like the internet all over again. Full of everything, none of it of any use, and none of it actually works.

Week 1: 2001 Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0i V6 24V

Week 2: 1966 Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto
Week 3: 2000 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (S. Shigeno Ver.)
Week 4: 2007 Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro
Week 5: 1983 Nissan Silvia 240RS (S110) and 1985 Nissan 240RS Rally Car
Week 6: 1973 BMW 2002 Turbo
Week 7: 2004 DMC DeLorean S2
Week 8: 1971 Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (HS30) and 1971 Nissan 240ZG (HS30)
Week 9: 1985 Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car
Week 10: 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5- 16 Evolution II and 1992 AMG Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5- 16 Evolution II Touring Car
Week 11: 1999 Lotus Motor Sport Elise and 1996 Lotus Elise and 1998 Lotus Elise Sport 190
Week 12: 2001 Audi RS4
Week 13: 1968 Isuzu 117 Coupe
Week 14: 1969 Camaro Z28 and 1969 Camaro Z28 RM and 1969 Camaro SS
Week 15: The Shelby Cars
Week 16: 1979 Honda Civic 1500 3door CX
Week 17: 1967 Mercury Cougar XR-7
Week 18: 1967 Prince Skyline 2000GT-B
Week 19: 1967 Toyota 2000GT
Week 20: 2002 Audi S3

*The views and opinions expressed in this editorial do not reflect the views and opinions of gtplanet.net, any of its members, nor anyone with an IQ above 3. All views, comments, statements, accusations, claims, data... you know what, just forget you read the whole thing and direct your hate mail/Tame Racing Driver applications, to McClarenDesign@gmail.com. For ticket information, please include a S.A.S.E. NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. The statements made above are similar to your parents; both are fictional. May cause rash or skin irritation. :gtplanet: This ad paid for by Friends of Global Morals support for presidential candidate Jenkins. :gtpflag: GTKitty4Prez :gtpflag:. Please consult doctor before use. Some assembly required. Wardrobe provided courtesy of Rocawear. McClarenDesign registered very serious SLS AMG. DO NOT ATTEMPT. Consult manual before use. Your mileage may vary. Some restrictions may apply. Parental supervision is advised. Offer valid with approved credit. All trademarks and copyrights used without permission, because this is a parody and an act of free speech. Please rinse after use. This product is not guaranteed to cure baldness or any other medical condition. All stunts performed on public roads without law enforcement supervision. Void where prohibited. All terms and conditions are subject to late fees and penalties. All your base are belong to us. See store for details. If not entirely satisfied, please return unused portion for a partial refund. Sorry, no C.O.D.s accepted. Offer not valid to those that breathe air. Photos shown with optional equipment. May cause drowsiness. Check your local listings for times and dates. Some portions of this show have been filmed before a live studio audience.

Ed Note- Best wishes and speedy recovery to Maria de Villota. Get well soon!

Last edited:
this car is like the 2 dollar shop version of the evora, with more power, no handling and sence that roads even exist lol, a bunch of fun tho, if someone has a setup that makes this thing driveable, i would like you to share it with me, i would like to see it more online,

this car is like the 2 dollar shop version of the evora, with more power, no handling and sence that roads even exist lol, a bunch of fun tho, if someone has a setup that makes this thing driveable, i would like you to share it with me, i would like to see it more online,

So very true.

Finding 'the edge of grip' in this thing is like trying to catch a bullet in your teeth - so difficult it is almost impossible, very little room for error and almost guaranteed to have disastrous consequences.

Not a born drifter I would say. And Slick tyres just make it even more dangerous. I love it!

Turismo.M.G!
Finding 'the edge of grip' in this thing is like trying to catch a bullet in your teeth - so difficult it is almost impossible, very little room for error and almost guaranteed to have disastrous consequences.

Challenge accepted, name the track!

I did attempt to use it for a Nurburgring 24h Seasonal, think it was a-spec. Restarted several times, and only made it to the Nordscheife once. I moved on to something else. Looking forward to getting reacquainted!

I did attempt to use it for a Nurburgring 24h Seasonal, think it was a-spec. Restarted several times, and only made it to the Nordscheife once. I moved on to something else. Looking forward to getting reacquainted!

That's a 750 PP event, against cars I have no chance of beating.

Never heard of it, I hope I have one. She sounds lively, just the way I like them!

When you add gobs of power, it's exactly like The Taming of the Sonofa(expletive).

I not only have one, but two, must have been a prize car for something. That works out perfect, one to keep stock and one to mod. I ran the stock one last night, driving this car is a lesson in throttle control! She reminds me a lot of the stock GT 40, not quite as quick or powerful, but just as squirly. Loose & fast, just the way I like'em, can't wait to get to the modified one!

That's a 750 PP event, against cars I have no chance of beating.

No, it was before that - definitely the right pp level. I suppose it could have been a TT. I remember I used a Tommy Kaira zzii afterwards.

Edit

If anyone wants a Spirra, I have one spare.

Last edited:
No, it was before that - definitely the right pp level. I suppose it could have been a TT. I remember I used a Tommy Kaira zzii afterwards.

Edit

If anyone wants a Spirra, I have one spare.

I've wrecked a few while testing... so you might want to keep that handy. I've only got 3 left, and the way things are looking...

Meanwhile, last week's review was cut short by the Colorado fires, and is currently in editing, so look for that one shortly... once they've had a chance to air out...

Anyway, if anyone needs some spare parts, I have a few donor cars...

Another gem in the rough with this car, but alot of fun at the same time. Mine's up around 444hp and can be a handful at times, but a rewarding feeling always comes around with a decent lap time from her...

Have a good one!

This one's fun!

To start off with I went for an oil change and car wash.

Power was up from 302 to 317bhp giving 483pp, so off to Fuji to try a different track for a change.

Similar results to others I'm afraid... this one need very careful throttle and steering control.

After lots of sliding I was getting the hang of it a bit and went for a "spin" on the Top Gear airfield and lapped in 1:27.164 which wasn't great.

In search of some nice photo action I tried out a recently created Toscana track at sunset and went for a one-make race.

This is the AI sliding all over the place and not me!

It's a Big Sky

More AI sliding.... that's me in blue

Nice sunset

After this and in true Clarkson style I decide what this car needed was more powwwaaaaahhhh.

A quick trip to GT Auto and an engine overhaul resulted in 334bhp. Not a great choice in the Oullim paint shop though, but I settled on the Pearl Black.

PP was up to 490 so I thought that would do for a crack at some of the old 500pp seasonals, so off to Cape Ring Periphery on the stock Sports Hard tyres.

Sad to say I only finished 4th but it inspired me to have another go with Sport Softs at the Indy Road Course from Seasonal No.6 where I finish first with 12s to spare. The nice handling (once you get used to it) and some fearsome acceleration mean an easy win really.

Liking this I decided to have a go at the Trial Mountain one too. This wasn't too bad until I got cocky at the start of lap 3 and spun off! I did recover and get the win though, by 5.5s!

Turn 2 on 3rd lap, nice overtake? Hmmmm...

Starting to lose control here.

Not going to end well.

From one side of the track to the other.

This COTW has helped in getting the hang of the way to drive MRs like this, i.e. no sudden steering and a bit of throttle when taking the corners which stops the back getting too light and spinning you off. I could never get that right in the Lotuses.

Testing at Route X results;
1/4 mile 12.836
1 mile 31.585
0-60mph 4.433
0-100mph 9.920
G 0.87!
Top speed 185mph

I liked this one a lot and will use it if any more 500pp seasonals appear. Recommended.

Cheers

Last edited:
Oullim Spirra 4.6

Korean horror show is waiting to hurt you

Spirra_yellow_SSR7_2.jpg

Despite sounding like a Douglas Adams creation, the Oullim Spirra is (as far as I know) Korea's first and only attempt at creating a supercar. Clearly lacking creativity in the design department, it looks rather like one of those cheap 'not-ferrari' plastic toy cars you get in the pound (or two dollar etc) store. Maybe it's the GT4 modelling and silver colour of the first one I tested - it didn' actually look too bad in the YouTube videos.

After the usual engine and rigidity work, I got 335 bhp, 1205 Kg and 491pp then went to Trial Mountain for the comparison times. I already posted a couple of pics - of my first five laps I could only muster one valid time in the 1:53s. The only real handling comment about this car is the oversteer, persistent terrible oversteer. And it will viciously snap-back if you overcorrect.

Spirra_silv_TrialMountain_1.jpg

The Spirra is like the protagonist in one of those Korean revenge movies. It is as if some drawn-out unspeakable horror has occurred in its past and anything you do to provoke it results in something terrible and unpleasant to see. That provocation can be any sudden movement: braking, turning or hitting the power too early...

Luckily I got a few hours with my wheel and pedals. This made the Spirra experience a whole lot easier as I started to get the hang of Midship handling. You've got to be smooth. Reeeal Smooooth. Eventually I strung a few clean laps together:

Trial Mountain: 335bhp 1205Kg 491pp, Sports Hard: 1:45.06

Then I stuck it into the rock face, and had had enough. I thought the bumps of TM might be upsetting it, so went to a 500pp event at Cape Ring Periphery. The Spirra is fast, it accelerates well, in a straight line, and although the wide gears utilise the V8 torque they could be a bit closer for track use.

Spirra_silv_CapeRing_1.jpg

I ended up ninth in this race. Had a great first lap on the SM tyres and was in fifth, but the tricky hump before the tight right-hander caught me out in laps two and three and I was backwards in the fence. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

For some reason I've got four of these in my garage. I can't see me using the stock car much, so it was time to have some fun. I'd got one in 'Green Stone', so in the workshop it was time for serious mods. First the engine and rigidity; stage 2 and window weight loss; stage 1 on the engine, ECU, racing air and sports exhaust; drivetrain components; custom gearbox; suspension. Oh and a subtle spoiler at the back that I thought might help increase grip.

Spirra_race_GVS_5.jpg

This resulted in 435bhp, 1074 Kg and 545pp. I gave it rudimentary setup and TM came in at 1:38.7 on SH tyres. You know what? It was a decent drive! I could now attack corners with confidence and power out without too much tippy-toeing. Care was still needed of course, as its dark past still haunted the Spirra.

With new found respect and confidence I went mad and hit a 650pp seasonal race at Grand Valley. I added supercharger and race exhaust to give 503 bhp and 569pp. As I was hopelessly underpowered, I gave myself Race Mediums (AI was on RH) and added the custom diff.

Spirra_race_GVS_4.jpg

What a race! The car really comes alive: with this power it is searingly quick almost reaching 180mph on the straight. Obviously the tyres make things alot easier but you still need to be on your guard with the twitchiness. I came in at surprising and enjoyable fifth, with a 2:00 average lap. Amazing.

Spirra_race_GVS_1.jpg

The stock Spirra is a tough cookie. Hard to drive, rewarding to get a good lap but ultimately frustrating and I expect uncompetitive at its level. However, give it some tuning and you can turn it into a beast; with a skilled setup I would expect it could be a contender.

Spirra_yellow_SSR7_7.jpg

I think this car perfectly sums up what Car of the Week is about.👍

Last edited:
Oullim Motors Spirra 4.6 V8 '04​

GrandValleySpeedway_8.jpg

I had never heard of this car until now and somehow ended up with two in my garage. That works out great, one to keep stock and one to modify. The stock one came in at 310hp/479pp and with oil change was 325hp/486pp. I put my usual mild tune on one: chip, intake/exhaust, drive train and trans. With the tune she came to 396hp/513pp.

At the test track: stock / tuned
1/4 mi...13.102 / 11.730
1.0 mi...32.024 / 29.273
0 - 60...04.723 / 03.443
to 100...10.316 / 07.905
max G.......0.83 / 1.08
Max spd...183.4 / 177.0

GrandValleySpeedway_9.jpg

For my best of ten laps at Grand Valley Speedway I ran a 2:10.416 with the stock car and a 2:00.914 with the tuned version. As I mentioned in a previous post, driving this car is a lesson in throttle control. Although not as fast or powerful as the Gt40, she handled much the same.

TrialMountainCircuit_6.jpg

For track time I chose the recent Tsukuba TT seasonal. I was able to gold with both cars, a 1:09.240 stock vs a 1:08.386 tuned. For some competition I went back to the A-Spec challenge #1 at Trial Mountain for a 5 lapper. I finished in P3 with the stock ride at 1:47.111 and took P1 in the tuned car with a best lap of 1:36.645.

TrialMountainCircuit_7.jpg

The stock car wasn't too bad, squirrely and a bit under powered for taking advantage of it, with a gearbox better suited for the street rather than the track. With a tune she really came into her own, just the way I like them, loose and fast!

TrialMountainCircuit_8.jpg

Maybe it is just all those 60's and 70's muscle cars I learned to race with, but unlike most others , I love a car that handles like this! While I did not bounce off any concrete this time, I can't count how many times I spun off track at that tight little Tsukuba circuit, with both cars, trying to get a gold lap in. What a blast, now if you will excuse me, I have some more 500pp seasonals to go run 👍

TrialMountainCircuit_9.jpg

Im surprised you didn't mention the 4.6 Mustang engine, considering your screen name.

Compared with earlier 4.6s (pre-2002), this was a good choice for a powerplant.

It seems I'm the only one who found it a bit of a nightmare! But then I don't use many MR cars in the game.

I wonder if the V6 turbo would be more balanced with a bit less weight. I read that the race version used this engine.

Trial Mountain: 335bhp 1205Kg 491pp, Sports Hard: 1:45.06

That's good going! I managed a 1:45.8 this afternoon with the DS3.

You can lose so much time sliding if you're not careful at the corner after the tunnel straight.

I guess everyone likes this one, as you say just what COTW is about.

iainn

You can lose so much time sliding if you're not careful at the corner after the tunnel straight.

I guess everyone likes this one, as you say just what COTW is about.

1:45 at trial, huh. I'll give it a shot tonight.

CotW hasn't had a bad car yet.

Thanks. Took me about 15 laps to get that time!

I didn't find that corner too bad with the wheel as you can keep the arc quite well.

I had some problems braking for the over-square right (the one where you head downhill toward the lake). With no ABS the rears often lock up as you hit the crest, and if the line isn't spot-on the back jumps right and you head into the wall.

I would also get those slow backend breakaways that you can't seem to do anything about. For example out of the first tunnel, if I was too fast in and the line was wrong, I'd apply throttle at the usual point but still had some steering...:banghead:

Last edited:
More races, times and pics...I told you I like this car! Since I did the A-Spec challenge #1 earlier I thought I would finish them off. besides, I needed to refund my bank account after a few recent race car purchases 👍

Challenge #2, Tokyo R246 3 laps.
It was getting a little crowded here
TokyoR246.jpg

This is one of my least favorite tracks in this game. The Shelby Series1 gave a good fight, I passed her on the last lap on the final straight taking P1 by 0.634 seconds with a best lap of 1:55.730.
TokyoR246_1.jpg

Challenge #3, Nurburgring GP/D 3 laps
bye, bye camaro!
NrburgringGP_D.jpg

I finished P1 here with a best lap of 1:41.998
Three wide down the front stretch
NrburgringGP_D_1.jpg

I did find the wall here, while not backing her in she nosed in, spun quickly and then smashed the rear.
NrburgringGP_D_2.jpg

Challenge #4, Cape Ring outside 3 laps
CapeRingPeriphery_1.jpg

Easy win here with a best lap of 1:45.107
CapeRingPeriphery.jpg

Challenge #5, London City reverse, 5 laps
London_1.jpg

I was a bit surprised with this one, with the track being so tight and the car being so loose. Chalk up another win with a lap of 0:57.095.
London.jpg

Challenge #6, Indy Road Course, 3 laps.
Another track I do not like, I hate flat tracks!
RoadCourse-Indy_1.jpg

Another win with a best lap of 1:48.967.
RoadCourse-Indy.jpg

Ready for another COTW, after the new seasonals and I finish the Laguna Seca enduro :)

Well done Mustang, what spec was the Spirra for these races? Did you use Sports Hard tyres?

With my tune: chip, intake/exhaust, drive train and close ratio trans she came to 396hp/513pp, I had to de-tune a bit to an even 500pp for the challenges. Yes, sports hard tires were used.

Back