Car & Tune Reviews (Backtesting favorite tunes on 1.04)

• Thread starter pipntick
  • 147 comments
I agree, it's not easy to control even on flat track , so on the ring...!!! I've tested some settings for nordschleife , very low springs , higher RH.... but not enough. Ballast, i've try to use 50kg front, but also not OK.
Let's wait PD update the physics , this suden excess of front grip with racing tires is not normal in my opinion. So that's it, i'll wait and see.
Thanks for the greats reviews.. Very good job.
><(((((°>°°°°°

KTM X-BOW Street - Stock
Decided to start with the street version due to the lack of tunes for the R. As with many of the cars that I have reviewed this far, the X-BOW comes with a lot of oversteer. The problem is that the car is extremely responsive to steering input and since its tail does not break, it makes for a lot and very fast sideways action when driven to the limit that is hard to control.

I decided to lower the sensitivity of the controller, and with that started to spend more time in my preferred driving line. Cornering became much faster as well, as I was able to give more power earlier. The gearbox is ok, but not ideal for the ring.

Top speed was 241kph/150mph. I think there is a lot of time to be gained with this car by tuning, as it feels that it could corner even faster.

Wheels and parts can not be customized. All that is available for this car is one aero kit.

KTM X-BOW Street - Clueless, Over the Hill Outlaws (COTHO) (click on title for source)
@ACSR421 from COTHO, brings us a budget tune for this car. Without the use of expensive components, he even takes away 21hp and adds 25kg, for a net loss of 18pp.

His biggest contribution is no doubt the custom LSD, which is perfect and fixes the stock version's problems when cornering at speed. The ballast is right in weight and placement, killing the excessive oversteer and responsiveness. I was able to re-adjust the sensitivity of my controllers to normal without negative effect.

The car now slides sideways on demand without sense of loss of control. Recovery from a faulty line is also much easier. The gain in lap times was due to more efficient cornering, since the car is now a tad slower overall. Top speed was 240kph/149mph.

This tune delivers a fun and pleasant experience, and is a good example of how this car should feel. Now I am ready to go faster :)

KTM X-BOW Street '12
* New Changes 12/12/13 *
Source and Parts list:
Buy from: Prize Car
Paintjob: Stock
Wheels: Stock
aero : Stock
Weight Reduction: no
Window Weight Reduction: no
Carbon Hood: no
Chassis reinforcement: no
ECU Tuning: no
Engine Tuning: no
Intake Manifold: no
Air Filter: no
Exhaust Manifold: no
Catalytic Converter: no
Exhaust: no
Transmission: no
Clutch: Triple Plate Clutch
Flywheel: no
Carbon Drive Shaft: no
LSD: yes
Suspension: FC
Tires: SH

The Tune
Ballast weight : 25/-50
Power Limiter : 91.7%

LSD
*front = initial 12, acceleration 14, braking 15*

Suspension
Ride height front 75, rear 75
Spring rate front 4.28, rear 8.74
Dampers (Extension) front 3 rear 3
Dampers (Compression) front 3 rear 3
Anti-roll bars front 3 rear 4
camber front 0.0 rear 0.0
Toe angle front -.10 rear .20
*Brake kit: racing, front 5 rear 3*

Transmission: only stock is available
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF
tuned with a dual shock 3/stick,triggers

The car has 500 PP, weighs 815Kg with a 41/59 front/rear weight
distribution, has a power to weight ratio of 3.77 kg/hp, has 216 HP
@5800 rpm and produces 228.7 ft-lb torque @2000 rpm[/B]

Last edited:
The only real way to keep the Audi R8 LMS stable under braking is to add ballast until it's around 49:51 or 50:50 distribution. I think PD screwed this car up.

I agree, it's not easy to control even on flat track , so on the ring...!!! I've tested some settings for nordschleife , very low springs , higher RH.... but not enough. Ballast, i've try to use 50kg front, but also not OK.
Let's wait PD update the physics , this suden excess of front grip with racing tires is not normal in my opinion. So that's it, i'll wait and see.
><(((((°>°°°°°
The only real way to keep the Audi R8 LMS stable under braking is to add ballast until it's around 49:51 or 50:50 distribution. I think PD screwed this car up.
I agree, and is a shame given how good this car was in GT5. It was probably one of my top 5 when it came to miles driven. :(

><(((((°>°°°°°
I give up I been playing GT from day one, the physics are insane, don't understand why thy make it so hard.

The cars spin out when braking and accelerating on half the cars, I know it's a simulator but sheesh, one races for ever to save $ for a certain car then when u purchase it the darn thing has butter wheels, racing on ice.

Sad to say im one who went from ABS only to all assist including racing soft, how frustrating, and I use both GT 27 & TM 500 rs set on stiff to the max.

Wish PD would understand some of us don't have the time to sit over a game and try to tune a car all day I spent 3 hrs trying to tune 3 cars for a race, raced 2 races came in 2nd on both.

Wife called had to go almost wasted 4 hrs that's a half days work just to enjoy a game.

Couldn't stop thinking about the game finally came home turned on all the assist on, I won the events and now im feeling guilty as hell it just isn't right.

KTM X-BOW Street - Chunkee_Monkey
Please note this tune has been updated and is no longer available

Another budget tune, this time from @Bee_Bee9 . His take on what the X-BOW should be is different than in the previous review, preferring a car that is more loose and less forgiving, making for an exciting ride.

To enjoy this tune, one has to trust the suspension when cornering, in my case compensating by shifting down when starting to run wide. There is a little understeer when exiting sharp corners, and I had to get the car sideways at few times to stay on the road.

The tail is easier to break out but it very seldom starts to gain on the front. Recoverying from instability is easier than stock, which was welcomed as the feeling of the car prompted me to take corners a bit too fast. Throttle control is less important than stock but more so than other tunes I tested. Top speed, given the stock transmission, is also 240kph/149mph.

Last edited:
KTM X-BOW Street - Yorkshire's (click on title for source)
@Richard0510 brings us the first tune that upgrades the stock version, adding 35hp and losing 40kg, for a gain of 32pp. This tune retains a lot of the characteristics of the stock version, including very noticeable oversteer and high responsiveness to steering input.

Just like with stock, Schwedenkreus, Mutkurve and Klostertal have to be taken slower than one may think, as input at high speed needs a lot of finesse. Cornering can be negotiated relatively fast with strong support from the gearbox, but one has to be careful with the throttle.

Hard braking makes the car a bit unstable but manageable. In general terms, one has to be thinking well ahead to plan inputs. The additional PPs, allow the car to go reach a top speed of 260kph/162mph.

I think this tune will benefit from a revision of the LSD settings, and certainly a look at the gearbox settings for added performance. Up to this point, all tunes available for this car do not customize the gearbox.

KTM X-Bow Street '12

550PP 272BHP 750KG
39:61 Weight Split
Sports Soft
GT Auto Oil change
GT Auto Aero Type A
GT Auto Improve Body Rigidity
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Fully-customizable Mechanical LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Fully Customizable Suspension
Racing Brake Kit

Suspension:
Ride Height:
75mm Front 70mm Rear
Spring Rate: 5.10 Front 11.60 Rear
Dampers Comp: 7 Front 7 Rear
Dampers Ext: 5 Front 5 Rear
Anti Roll Bars: 3 Front 1 Rear
Camber: 1.0 Front 0.6 Rear
Toe Angle: -0.18 Front 0.22 Rear
Brake Balance: 4 Front 6 Rear

LSD:
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration: 19
Braking: 20

Power:
Power Limiter:

Body:
Downforce:
200 Front 300 Rear
No Ballast

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to run it, bad timing I suppose but could you disable the link, after finishing my Cizeta I went back over the KTM as it was one of the first builds I played with in GT6 to get an understanding of tuning...or at least try to get an understanding :) Then turned on today to find you had run the original, not a problem and very much appreciated, just don't want people if any do decide to click through wondering why there may be differences in what you ran and whats available,

Many thanks Bee9

KTM X-BOW Street - Yorkshire's (click on title for source)
@Richard0510 brings us the first tune that upgrades the stock version, adding 35hp and losing 40kg, for a gain of 32pp. This tune retains a lot of the characteristics of the stock version, including very noticeable oversteer and high responsiveness to steering input.

Just like with stock, Schwedenkreus, Mutkurve and Klostertal have to be taken slower than one may think, as input at high speed needs a lot of finesse. Cornering can be negotiated relatively fast with strong support from the gearbox, but one has to be careful with the throttle.

Hard braking makes the car a bit unstable but manageable. In general terms, one has to be thinking well ahead to plan inputs. The additional PPs, allow the car to go reach a top speed of 260kph/162mph.

I think this tune will benefit from a revision of the LSD settings, and certainly a look at the gearbox settings for added performance. Up to this point, all tunes available for this car do not customize the gearbox.

Thank you for the review pipntick, I agree with you 100% the LSD settings need looking at, it's currently going through another revision to sort out those issues, hopefully I can resolve them in time but yes it could benefit from a full custom gearbox like the R '12, hopefully when I get it sorted you can take it for another spin. :)

Thank you again.

Richard0510

Thanks for taking the time to run it, bad timing I suppose but could you disable the link, after finishing my Cizeta I went back over the KTM as it was one of the first builds I played with in GT6 to get an understanding of tuning...or at least try to get an understanding :) Then turned on today to find you had run the original, not a problem and very much appreciated, just don't want people if any do decide to click through wondering why there may be differences in what you ran and whats available
No problem, is done. I will take your new tune for a spin and review again if you think is ready.

Thank you for the review pipntick, I agree with you 100% the LSD settings need looking at, it's currently going through another revision to sort out those issues, hopefully I can resolve them in time but yes it could benefit from a full custom gearbox like the R '12, hopefully when I get it sorted you can take it for another spin. :)
Would be very happy to update my review with any changes you make... keep me posted!:P

KTM X-BOW Street - Chunkee_Monkey Version 2 (click on title for source)
@Bee_Bee9 has revised his tune and delivered an evident and material departure from his original version. While there is extensive work in the suspension and is also the first tune of this car that includes a customized gearbox configuration, the biggest change is in weight and how it is distributed, moving the CoG quite close to the middle (47:53).

The result is a car that on Sport Softs feels on rails. Gone are the oversteer, twitchiness, instability to input and generally all drama. There is even a bit of understeer, noticeable in sharper and high speed corners. This car belongs in Sport Hards and I may even give it a go in Comforts.

The gearbox is good for the ring up to 4th gear, 5th and 6th felt a bit long, far apart, This is in part because this configuration can take significantly more power than the car has. Top speed was 243kph/151mph.

This car is so planted that I may experiment and increase the power output to get to 550pp and see how it works.

500PP / 242BHP / 873kg / 47:53 / Sports Hard / MR

Purchases
First go to Pit Service and pay to Improve Body rigidity
Pit Service and Oil Change
Fully Adjustable Suspension
Fully Adjustable Gearbox
Fully Adjustable Differential
Stage 3 Weight Reduction

Settings
Suspension: 75 70 / 7.2 11.2 / 3 4 / 3 4 / 4 2 / 1.0 1.2 / 0.00 0.10
Brakes: 7 5
Gearing: 174mph 2.63 / 1.95 / 1.5 / 1.2 / 1.0 / 0.855 / 3.38
Differential: 8 / 12 / 27
Power: 97.6%
Body 123kg @ -50%

Last edited:
As mentioned in the initial review, @Bee_Bee9 X-BOW was so dependable that I decided to experiment a bit. I added parts to take power to almost 380hp, which resulted in a gain of 50pp. No other changes were made and took the car for a spin.

Long story short, the car kept the original's behavior. The understeer on sharp corners was of course more obvious, and the Sport Softs screamed more often, even with a bit of sideways action. However, the car was very fast, with top speed reaching 271kph/168mph. At this pp level, you have a solid sub-7 minute vehicle with no drama.

This tune only needs to address the understeer discussed above. However, even this modified, it felt like there was still room to add power. This can definitely be done as there was no need to add engine stages or turbo to get to 550pp. Not sure how long I will control the temptation to try that.:mischievous:

Been there, done that, 470bhp still on Sports but Softs and 1 lap round the track in the 6.40's, some changes needed but as is.....edge of the seat stuff..... :)

Last edited:
Been there, done that, 470bhp still on Sports but Softs and 1 lap round the track in the 6.40's, some changes needed but as is.....edge of the seat stuff..... :)
Just tried @543hp=613pp(maxed) . Understeer is very noticeable now, but with racing brakes and TC=1 is still manageable and sub 6:25. Fun/dependability peaked for me around 580pp though. Great tune.

><(((((°>°°°°°
Just tried with Sport Softs, and the car was less broken. I see now what you have been saying about Racing tyres... I wonder if the are now reserved for 650pp+ cars with super high HP/torque to keep them with reasonable grip. RS work for me on the FXX.

EDIT: I should add to strengthen the point above, that following a request on this thread I tried your M3 CSL with RS tyres. It became basically undriveable for me, kerbs where either bumpers or launching pads, car was too twitchy, spun out over and over. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Ferrari Dino 246 GT - Stock
So many things are wrong with this car: huge body roll, oversteer both lift and corner exit, gears so far apart the car itself fits between them, underpowered. It should be a terrible vehicle, yet it is a great pleasure to drive. It reminds me of the Jaguar E-Type and to lesser extent, to the Toyota 2000GT in GT5.

Once you get used to the suspension, playing around with weight transfer while cornering is a blast. The oversteer and lack of power allow crazy driving lines. The combination of its quirks lets you make each lap a unique one. Only part I found almost unbearable was the transmission, but that is an easy fix. The right tyres for the car are SH, but SS is great for playing around.

The car is slow. Top speed was 243kph/151mph, and it took over a minute to get there. However, when you are having this much fun, the extra time at the track is welcome.

I am sure tuning will massively improve this car, but I will come back to stock (except for gearbox) from time to time for a fun ride.

Last edited:
Ferrari Dino 246 GT - Praiano (click on title for source)
@praiano63 has created an interesting version of the Dino. Gone are the body roll and oversteer, mostly achieved by important changes in the suspension. Except for the hint of mid corner understeer, this car now handles closer to an FR instead of an MR. He has given it a few more HP and added weight for a net gain of 8 PP.

This version is very planted and stable, even when going over kerbs. It is also forgiving to the point that one can even be sloppy with inputs and able to recover most of the times. On SS tyres, the car is almost on rails, on CS is quite fun.

The gearbox is a great improvement, although there is still a lot of room between gears. I don't believe much more can be done though.

The mid corner understeer is most noticeable on tightening bends like Kallenhard or the sharper ones like Bergwerk, nothing that speed control or fast footwork can't fix. The loss of body roll allows the car to take much more lateral acceleration. Schwedenkreus and Metzgesfels can now be held without much braking and input while taking them is well received.

Top speed was 268kph/167 mph, hard braking after achieving it at Tiergarten was mostly composed. Great work Praiano!

ferrari dino 246 GT 71 450PP.jpg

Last edited:
Would you test my Abt Audi TT-R '02 - 636 PP ?
Please ? Pretty please ? :)

The stock version is allready decent but have some sligth problems. That tune have no problems (to my knowledge, that's why I ask for a review).

Last edited:
Ferrari FXX - Yorkshire (click on title for source)
Finally got around to test @Richard0510 tune for the FXX. While I like how it retained many of the original characteristics of the car, I had trouble taking it to the edge.

Usually I take a tune out for 2-3 laps at 80-90% just to feel the car, understand handling and reaction to throttle. Even under these conditions I struggled to stay on the road. Car is very twitchy and sensitive to all inputs. It becomes upset easily under lateral acceleration, and is not forgiving under heavy braking. Touching a kerb was like playing bumper cars.

Moving to harder tyre compounds brought a lot of understeer, had to adjust cornering speed down and of course feather the throttle much more.

The gearbox is generally good, but the suggested final gear is too low. Top speed achieved was 345kph/214mph, which is lower compared to other setups. This is obviously and easy fix.

If I may make a couple of suggestions, I would play around with weight distribution and try to remove body roll to improve handling, while opening the LSD a bit more for accel/braking.

Ferrari FXX '07 - 630PP, 784BHP, 1,155KG
44:56 Weight Split
GT Auto Oil Change
Fully customizable Suspension
Racing Brake Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple Plate Clutch

Suspension:
Ride Height:
55mm Front 60mm Rear
Spring Rate: 5.70 Front 8.77 Rear
Dampers Comp: 4 Front 5 Rear
Dampers Ext: 5 Front 4 Rear
Anti Roll Bars: 2 Front 3 Rear
Camber: 1.1 Front 0.2 Rear
Toe Angle: -0.14 Front -0.21 Rear
Brake Balance: 7 Front 6 Rear

Transmission:
Set Final Drive All The Way To The Right
The Set Max Speed To:
162MPH
Then Set Ratios:
1:
2: 2.090
3: 1.630
4: 1.335
5: 1.138
6: 0.999
Then Finally Set Final Drive To: 3.870
LSD:
Initial Torque:
Acceleration: 56
Braking: 40

Power:
Power Limiter

Body:
Downforce:
150 Front 200 Rear (default settings can not be changed)
Ballast Weight: 0kg
Ballast Position: -50%

I give up I been playing GT from day one, the physics are insane, don't understand why thy make it so hard.

The cars spin out when braking and accelerating on half the cars, I know it's a simulator but sheesh, one races for ever to save $ for a certain car then when u purchase it the darn thing has butter wheels, racing on ice.

Sad to say im one who went from ABS only to all assist including racing soft, how frustrating, and I use both GT 27 & TM 500 rs set on stiff to the max.

Wish PD would understand some of us don't have the time to sit over a game and try to tune a car all day I spent 3 hrs trying to tune 3 cars for a race, raced 2 races came in 2nd on both.
Wife called had to go almost wasted 4 hrs that's a half days work just to enjoy a game.

Couldn't stop thinking about the game finally came home turned on all the assist on, I won the events and now im feeling guilty as hell it just isn't right.
Don't worry about it - and certainly don't feel guilty. Just drive how you like and have fun. Here is a secret for you - usually the very top times in time trials use SRF anyway. It does not matter how good you are, if you use SRF, you will gain between 1 and 2 seconds a lap depending on the track. Bottom line - have fun with it anyway you like! Life is too short to beat yourself up over a PS3 product my friend and let's face it - this is a quality problem. :)

Audi TT-R Touring Car - Stock
Consistent, stable, fast, forgiving, rewarding. These were my recurring thoughts as I tested this car over and over. No matter what I did, control was never an issue. The TT-R can be driven by rookies and experts alike and be enjoyable.

The standard RH tyres are a perfect match. This compound makes the car feel like a precision tool to test different lines while trying to extract the last tenth of a second from your lap time. There is a tiny hint of understeer that one gets used to in no time.

There is almost no body roll. Input can be provided at any time, even during hard acceleration/braking or fast corners at no cost. Lateral acceleration is extremely well tolerated, and to round this off, the car stops on a dime. It almost feels like cheating.

The gearbox matches the rest of the setup and is probably the biggest opportunity for improving, without implying that is bad. It can be further optimized for the Ring and allow for a higher top speed, as the one achieved was 274kph/170mph. In any case, improving the TT-R is no doubt a tall order.

Audi TT-R Touring Car - Blueshift (click on title for source)
A few days ago @BlueShift requested a review of his version of the TT-R TC. Per my previous review, I consider this car very close to perfect, so I did not know what to expect.

What he has done is add 180hp and gain 33pp without ruining the car. He has in fact made it much faster while keeping the valuable attributes there.

There are a few things to get used though. With that much additional power the car feels a bit more loose and hard acceleration and braking applications are less forgiving than the original. Understeer is a little more obvious, again without compromising dependability. Speed at corner entry should be watched, as the car is now much faster. Top speed achieved was 317kph/197mph.

This setup allowed me to gain 30 seconds from my best time with stock within 2 laps, and the times only improved from there. For those seeking a faster version of the car this is a great alternative. Those seeking the zero-drama experience of the original may need minor LSD adjustments.

PS: RPM stats in the tune need to be revised, as I got 8300 vs the 7300 stated.

Abt Audi TT-R '02

Transmission / Aspiration : FR / Turbo
Cylinder : 3988 cm3

Power : 784 hp @ 7300 rpm
Torque : 757.3 Nm @ 5800 rpm

Weigth : 1080 kg
Front / Rear Weigth Distribution : 50:50

Weigth-to-power ratio : 1.377 kg/hp
Performance Points : 636 PP

All parts/oil change/chassis hardening

Tires
- Racing Hard/Hard - I think you can put Racing Soft/Soft or even Sport Soft/Soft with not much problems.

Suspension
Suspension (Front / Rear)
- Ride Height : 57 / 65
- Spring Rate : 13.75 / 12.25
- Dampers (Comp.) : 4 / 6
- Dampers (Ext.) : 2 / 3
- Anti-Roll Bars : 4 / 6
- Camber angle (-) : 1.7 / 1.5
- Toe angle : 0.00 / 0.00

Brakes (Front / Rear)
- Brake Balance 4 / 6

Transmission
Gearbox
- Top Speed : Auto Set @ 340 km/h (Nur)

Adjustable LSD (Front / Rear)
- Initial Torque : - / 12
- Acceleration Sensitivity : - / 26
- Braking Sensitivity : - / 16

Power
- Power limiter : 100%
- NOS is unavailable.

Body/Chassis
- Dynamics (Front / Rear) : 350 / 570

Driving aids
- ABS : 1
Else all 0/off

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package - Thorin Cain (click on title for source)
@Thorin Cain has created an interesting version of this LFA. He left the weight distribution alone and came up with a slightly different gearbox and suspension than what I have seen as the consensus.

My first lap with the tune was a disaster, couldn't keep the car on the road. It felt too loose, tail happy and oversteery. However, two more laps into the test I was able to take advantage and appreciate what he did. This tune allows you to break the car sideways with a quick flick of the wheel and a touch of the brake. Do this at the right time and high speed powersliding is not only possible but fun.

I was intrigued by the gearbox settings, thought they would be way too close. Turns out is perfect and allows the car to scream through the entire lap. Top speed was 310kph/193mph, slower than stock. Thorin pointed this is to be adjusted based on the track and is an easy fix.

The car needs precise input, planning ahead is a must. Lateral acceleration is no tolerated well and corners need to be taken at the right speed or there is no recovery.

After 20 laps of pure joy, the only thing I would improve is the "springy" suspension. There is some body roll, but the troubling part is the reaction of the car to kerbs, as it feels like running over a big speed bumper with even the occasional bounce.

Parts fitted.
Weight reduction stage 1,
Racing tyres(any)
Chassis reinforcement
Fully customizable transmission
Fully customizable LSD
Fully customizable suspension
Racing brake kit

Suspension.
Ride height 83/85,
springs 16/21
comp 4/3,
ext 5/4,
arb 3/2
cam 1.5/1
toe -0.10/0.10
Brakes 7/6

Transmission,
set final at 4.000 then set top speed for 174mph
1st 3.556
2nd 2.498
3rd 1.924
4th 1.543
5th 1.277
6th at 1.091
finally set final gear to 3.500.

LSD 7/25/12

Power limiter 96.3

This is set for 550pp but will run well with all power additions aswell. Set top speed for each track by final gear only

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package - HighOctane (click on title for source)
@DriftinAssassin was very kind to reply to my request and has delivered a car that is, in my opinion, geared towards the more experienced driver.

The tune is composed in hard braking and acceleration, yet is no friend of lateral acceleration. Very precise input is required to make the best of it, and there is little room for mistake. Cornering too fast cooks the outside tires right away and deceleration with input cooks the front.

I adjusted my driving by gearing down on corner entry, thus causing engine braking, as opposed to mid turn. This gave me the grip to negotiate most bends and allowed me to stay in the power band more time.

The gearbox felt at first too long, especially on 1st and 2nd, but it turned out to be the right space after I made the above adjustments. Top speed achieved was 330kph/205mph.

This is a pilot's car, it will test your patience and accuracy. But it will reward you. This is a great tune to hone your inputs and your ability to think 1 or 2 turns ahead, as you will have to be in the best line every time to get the best out of the tune.

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12 (v1.0)

Specs
Type: Premium
Displacement: 4,805 cc
Max Power: 590 HP/8,500 rpm
Max Torque: 371.9 ft-lb/7,000 rpm
Drivetrain/Aspiration: FR/NA
Weight: 1,541 kg
PP: 550

GTAuto/Car Settings Menu
-Oil Change
-Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
-Carbon Drive Shaft
-Fully Customizable Mechanical Limited Slip Differential
-Fully Customizable Dog-Clutch Transmission
-Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
-Racing Brake Discs & Calipers
-Sports Soft Tires

The Tune
Body
Ballast Weight: 61 kg
Ballast Position: -40%

Power
Power Limiter: 100.0%

Drivetrain
Front / Rear
Initial Torque: 0 / 10
Accel. Sensitivity: 0 / 15
Braking Sensitivity: 0 / 10

Transmission
Set Final Gear: 5.000
Set Max. Speed: 149 MPH
1st: 4.149
2nd: 2.871
3rd: 2.086
4th: 1.600
5th: 1.284
6th: 1.078
Set Final Gear: 2.850

Suspension
Front / Rear
Ride Height: 75 / 75
Spring Rate: 14.50 / 17.50
Dampers (Compression): 5 / 5
Dampers (Extension): 5 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 2.2 / 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.15 / 0.20
Brake Balance: 6 / 5

NOTE: This tune was requested by @pipntick for his review thread! Still a work in progress but I am happy with how it came out so far.

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package - Thorin Cain (click on title for source)
@Thorin Cain has created an interesting version of this LFA. He left the weight distribution alone and came up with a slightly different gearbox and suspension than what I have seen as the consensus.

My first lap with the tune was a disaster, couldn't keep the car on the road. It felt too loose, tail happy and oversteery. However, two more laps into the test I was able to take advantage and appreciate what he did. This tune allows you to break the car sideways with a quick flick of the wheel and a touch of the brake. Do this at the right time and high speed powersliding is not only possible but fun.

I was intrigued by the gearbox settings, thought they would be way too close. Turns out is perfect and allows the car to scream through the entire lap. Top speed was 310kph/193mph, slower than stock. Thorin pointed this is to be adjusted based on the track and is an easy fix.

The car needs precise input, planning ahead is a must. Lateral acceleration is no tolerated well and corners need to be taken at the right speed or there is no recovery.

After 20 laps of pure joy, the only thing I would improve is the "springy" suspension. There is some body roll, but the troubling part is the reaction of the car to kerbs, as it feels like running over a big speed bumper with even the occasional bounce.
Many thanks for the review. I'm glad that you eventually had a bit of fun with it. I use a DS3 and am generally a little aggresive in style which may help to explain a few things.

I am a complete amateur when it comes to tuning and relied heavily on the great tunes on the forum in GT5 but I've decided to give it a go myself with GT6 using some of the tips I have picked up over the past year or so (Mostly from Praiano, Hami and the RKM team, so big thanks to you guys!) This is the first tune I have done from scratch and I am really happy to see that someone has taken the time to review it. Your feedback is appreciated. :cheers:

I am currently working on another couple of cars but I am going to revise the LFA soon as I have found that although it works really well for me on tracks like GVS, Fuji and Apricot Hill I have found it a real handful on tracks which are a little flatter like Indy RC and Monza. Any suggestions anyone has would be welcome.

Back