Car under the blue cover!

• Thread starter JoeH187
  • 485 comments
^^^ Ford Mustang is a possibility I suppose but the Nissan Z '14 is still where my money is. The Mustang has not been unveiled yet so any images like this are mere speculative renderings.

Here's what Gejabo possted in another thread. If you ask me, this looks about as close as any other car we've seen (minus the wing obviously)

Honda-HSV-010-GT_5.jpg

Here is a possibility. I can't find a direct side view.

But I would be surprised to see an American non-exotic on the cover...

2015-Ford-Mustang.jpg

Wow. Never thought of that and this one actually makes sense considering PDI and GM worked together with the C7. Ford and PDI working hand in hand on the new Mustang?:)

This is what I think the window silhouette could be on the covered car. Most likely not exact, but it could be a fairly good representation.

bluecarwindow.jpg

I made a few small errors, but it's the best I could do with it.

The front wheelarch is a little bit different but apart from that a very good suggestion 👍

And a very nice car ;)

Could it be the white mystery car from the very first GT6 trailer?

It's not a 370Z. Both front and rear is wrong.

The back end looks very much like the 86 GT but the front doesn't, the nose on the covered car curves downward more steeply toward from the wheel arch to the tip than the 86 does IMO.

I'm starting to wonder if there really IS anything underneath the sheet, I kind of think it might be a mashup of a couple of different cars designed purely to encourage speculation and discussion. What better way to get people talking about GT6 than the mystery car under the sheet? :)

Here is a comparison between the GT86 (dashed lines) and the blue cover.

2yff.png

The rear end matches rather well, but the side mirror, the windshield and the front doesn't. I'm afraid it's not a GT86.

Here is a comparison between the Corvette C7 (dashed lines) and the blue cover.

7hgh.png

The overall shape is a better match then the GT86. Some small differences in the rear and in the front, can't rule out that they may be because of different zoom level or angle in the reference picture.

However, the side mirror does not match, and the waistline does not match either.

---

Ferrari F12:

f6lj.png

Front is a good match, as well as that shoulder over the rear wheel. But the roof is too low and the windshield and side mirror is to far back.

We need to find a car that has the overall shape of a C7, the front of an F12 and the rear of a GT86...

---

Nissan 370z

74.png

Looks a lot better than I thought it would. It's also the first car to have a somewhat similar side mirror. However, the shoulder* of the rear wheel doesn't make sense, and the curve from windshield to roof is a bit too sharp. The reference picture is the 2011 model though, perhaps some small design alterations have been made for the 2014 model?

(* What appears to be a shoulder might not be that at all.)

As a conclusion: This is what the contemporary FR sports coupe looks like:

8yd.png

Last edited:
was hoping for Porsche. Im dissapointed.

Porsche was always gonna be a long shot. Don't set yourself up for disappointment, when EA is involved.

Really too bad though that they couldn't get it though.

Last edited:
Could it be the canceled Honda NSX successor? The inclusion of the Isuzu concept is the only thing that I could use as evidence of something like that happening, and the lines match up. Every time I look at it, that's the car I think of.

I think Kaz could be trolling us, it might be a front and back of two different cars.

Here is a comparison between the Corvette C7 (dashed lines) and the blue cover.

The overall shape is a better match then the GT86. Some small differences in the rear and in the front, can't rule out that they may be because of different zoom level or angle in the reference picture.

However, the side mirror does not match, and the waistline does not match either.

---

Ferrari F12:

Front is a good match, as well as that shoulder over the rear wheel. But the roof is too low and the windshield and side mirror is to far back.

We need to find a car that has the overall shape of a C7, the front of an F12 and the rear of a GT86...

---

Nissan 370z

Looks a lot better than I thought it would. It's also the first car to have a somewhat similar side mirror. However, the shoulder* of the rear wheel doesn't make sense, and the curve from windshield to roof is a bit too sharp. The reference picture is the 2011 model though, perhaps some small design alterations have been made for the 2014 model?

(* What appears to be a shoulder might not be that at all.)

As a conclusion: This is what the contemporary FR sports coupe looks like:

Good post! 👍

Here's my little comparison:

d0wl.jpg

z1l.png

Using the image another user posted in this thread, I just made an overlay with the covered car, and for me at least, the GT86 lines up almost perfectly, with the exception of the area in front of the nose. Some of the lines on the cover can very well be just the cover itself naturally curving over the surface its covering, leaving some smoother curves etc.

Im still in the camp its "possibly" a Nissan Z35 concept car. There is one due in the next model year or two and with GT's relationship with nissan it would make sense. Especially given the roofline and the fact the Z34 is all over the GT5 home screen. The whole reason its under the cover is its most likely a car not revealed yet. Nissan is debuting the new 3rd gen R35 GTR at the Toko Motor Show in November(its 100% not that) but I havent heard anything about a Z concept for the show even though it would line up with the estimated release of the game

Back