Car under the blue cover!

• Thread starter JoeH187
  • 485 comments
That's not a GameStop cover. It's a 15th Anniversary cover.

Sorry gents, I'm starting to really dislike GameStop and their antics effect on us. Along the same lines of EA type of resentment.

I don't even buy games from gamestop, My parents buy it from Costco a day or two after the release of the games, it is also a couple of dollars cheaper than gamestop.

i1SNFEBDzvyLmTB.jpg

This image comes from GTP itself.

images

Finally, it was the FT-1

EDIT: NICKname is right, I just saw forzaturismo's avatar.
What I did was to search in google images with possible cars and I saw the FT-1 matching the silhouette more or less. I saw the source was GTP hehe

Last edited:
This image comes from GTP itself.

images

Finally, it was the FT-1
No, it came from a random guy (forzaturismo) who claimed it was the FT-1 for no reason at all except that picture. It is the C7. Just like the car on the actual cover, just like the car in the arcade mode menus, just like the car we got to drive before it got released in real life, just like the car which improved the relations between PD and GM (which led to us getting the moon buggy). Not some random concept car which wasn't in GT6 (or even known about at all) until a full month after its release.

No, it came from a random guy (forzaturismo) who claimed it was the FT-1 for no reason at all except that picture. It is the C7. Just like the car on the actual cover, just like the car in the arcade mode menus, just like the car we got to drive before it got released in real life, just like the car which improved the relations between PD and GM (which led to us getting the moon buggy). Not some random concept car which wasn't in GT6 (or even known about at all) until a full month after its release.

Wrong it was not the C7. the C7 has no spolier arch of the deck lid.

Well didn't Kaz say the car under the blue cover was going to be the cover of the game? I wish I can find this statement, but it was from one of the interviews. Between the C7 and the Megane Trophy, obviously it would be the C7.

I would say the c7 seeing that pic above I have seen a pic with the ft-1 and I didn't think the windscreen angle was right.
C7
The rear window and rear hunch are completely different to the C7.

If anything, it's an early sketch of the ft-1, which looks to be the sketch used for the Toyota VGT vehicle.
Sketching02.png

The nose is a bit off but it might be it.

Remember that the design was presented early this week so PD had the knolodge of the car from the beginning

The nose is a bit off but it might be it.

Remember that the design was presented early this week so PD had the knolodge of the car from the beginning

My camera settings probably weren't exactly the same. Still I think it lines up very well.

Polyphony built an in-game model before the concept was given the go ahead so They've been working with this car for some time now. It's posible the car under the cover is an early version of the concept.

It doesn't match the FT-1 entirely, but it's the closest so far. Concept cars tend to change, and it is possible that there are slight variations. The same people who designed the FT-1 also designed the Toyota GT86, and I remember a lot of people saying it was the 86 under the cover. So there's a good reason to believe it is the FT-1.

I'm still not 100% convinced though.

And NO, it's not a C7.

They should ask Kaz now. Since it's possible that it is indeed the FT-1, he wouldn't have a reason to deny the identity of the car anymore. Someone please?

Since the first time I saw it, I was sure it was the GT86
Look at the rear. No spoiler, and the shape. Matches the 86 perfectly.

Back