Car under the blue cover!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by JoeH187, May 24, 2013.

1. Castrol96

Castrol96

It could be a Aston martin, maybe the 2014 Vanquish?

2. fortbo

fortbo

Maybe but i think it will be a nissan maybe a new z.

3. 208SpeedGeek

208SpeedGeek

Maserati Gran Turismo MC

4. Castrol96

Castrol96

Has similar shapes, but the car's 2 years old. I think PD will go for a japanese car this time, as they hardly ever had one. Maybe the new nissan Z?, the new sports mazda?, or maybe the a concept for a new supra.

[​IMG]

These images of the Nissan Z are not official, there plans, and theories.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Watch this!!
    (A video with Jay Leno, about the new nissan Z)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    ProjectF, JoRdY105 and MadFlavour like this.
  5. Rotorist

Rotorist

That new Mazda 4-door coupe is art in metal... I wish it was "the under the blue" one, but I don't think so, as Masda is a small company to manage such a bid advertisement when Merc, Ferrari, Nissan are in the play.

6. eran0004

eran0004

Posting third party artists' concepts of what a new car may or may not look like is not very useful, because those guys are not the ones building the car so their drawings are 100% guesswork. In fact, the only thing we can know for sure, is that the actual car won't look like their drawings.

It's as if an amateur writer would try to predict what J.K. Rowlings next novel will be like, by writing it before she does.

7. Rotorist

Rotorist

Altough I agree on the basis of your thought, the Mazda drawing is very realistic. I think it may be produced with exact the same shape and form, with minor changes in lights.

8. KinLM

KinLM

This is never the case. An artists concept NEVER (And I mean NEVER) looks much like the final product UNLESS the artist works for the car company itself. Even then the final product looks quite different.

As said above, trying to match these artist concepts with the outline is absolutely useless because the outline of the car will be different than in those drawings.

9. Rotorist

Rotorist

This is exactly the case sometimes. Never say never in such things my friend. Many times in the past, a company leaks the drawings of a future model or of an almost ready to be displayed prototype to see the reactions. If you are old enough you may remember such cases. For instanse, I remember very clearly, a perfectly correct drawing of the Mazda RX7 FD some months before the prototype was displayed in Tokyo 1991 car show. And next year FD was already a production model, without any change from the drawing... :sly:

10. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

I'm a Mazda technician, and if you look at our new cars (CX-5, Mazda 6, and the soon to be in dealerships Mazda 3) that is the exact styling direction they have gone with the Shikari design concept. That could be 95% of what the production version would look like if they decided to produce it.

The wheels, body lines, grille, and headlights are all very, very close to what the new 6 and 3 look like.

11. ildd

ildd

Guys, I think we can all agree that the car under the blue cover is obviously a soon-to-be-released update of the Fiat Multipla

12. 787bcgr

787bcgr

One car which artist renditions came very close to the actual car was the C7 corvette.

13. RoadRunner99

RoadRunner99

Maybe there is a chance here....

THE FERRARI 458 SPECIALE TO DEBUT AT FRANKFURT
    http://458speciale.ferrari.com/en#

[​IMG]

There are few official pics available, so it's difficult to have a good shape comparison. The one above is the best I found (even if not 'flat') .

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  14. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

I know it's a high angle, but the quarterpanels are too tall and break up the roofline.

15. chriz00

chriz00

I hope they reveal the car today!

16. Samus

Samus

I think it's more likely the car will be revealed alongside the real car revealing, whenever that may be. Likely to be at a motor show though.

17. Boxerdiesel

Boxerdiesel

It's probably one of the concept cars that they showed at gamescom today

18. Samus

Samus

More than likely, yes. Whichever manufacturer paid PD the most money of those shown I guess.

19. eran0004

eran0004

You mean after they had actually seen the masked prototype so they had a silhouette to trace by?

20. Shirrako

Shirrako

Mystery over.

[​IMG]

ProjectF likes this.
  21. ildd

ildd

After GT6's official(maybe? I think?) pre-order covers, you can clearly see the Corvette logo on the Amazon's car wheel.
    [​IMG]

BUT, on the gamestops' cover, it is not a Corvette...
    [​IMG]
    And you can tell because of the hood scoops. After zooming in at the bottom, I see a Renault emblem.

So...where do we go from here.

22. SCER

SCER

Normal edition: Chevrolet Corvette C7.
    Limited edition: Renault Megane Trophy Race Car.

As it says on the respective cases.

I expect that the mystery car under the cover is a concept car yet to be revealed, in keeping with PD's new idea of introducing cars to the game as they come out in real life.

23. lGNAl

lGNAl

So you're saying there's going to be a 3rd cover ?

24. SCER

SCER

No, I think they had it as more of an advert , representing yet to be unveiled info about the game, and they've ditched it now that more and more info is being revealed.

25. daus26

daus26

I'm not sure I understand you. These two covers are labeled as official, which normally means finalized. To have a different car by the game's release would completely change things and wouldn't make these two "official."

26. SCER

SCER

The 'car under the blue cover' cover wasn't official, and won't be used at any point. These are the two covers they'll presumably use going forward.

All I'm saying is that the reason the old unofficial cover had a car under wraps was to represent the fact that not many details were known about the game and it was still under wraps.

27. daus26

daus26

I see what you mean now. I do remember though, during the Silverstone event, Jordan said that the car under the blue cover is to be featured in GT6's official box art. So it's either actually the C7, or some concept car they ditched like you said.

28. 787bcgr

787bcgr

I hope it's that Mercedes concept car they showed, that car looks very mysterious and deadly for some reason.

29. MMX

MMX Premium

I'm sure somebody has pointed this out by now, but in the "Vision" video, all the concept cars were under blue covers, parked at a building. I think they(PD) are just having some fun with the covers, and trying to leave a little something on the table, for a little mystery.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  30. DaveTheStalker

DaveTheStalker Premium

That's not a GameStop cover. It's a 15th Anniversary cover.

Sorry gents, I'm starting to really dislike GameStop and their antics effect on us. Along the same lines of EA type of resentment.