Carbon fibre paint/wrap? PETITION. PLEASE VOTE. Have your say, leave a comment.

  • Thread starter Thread starter maksiu3f
  • 33 comments
  • 3,103 views

Do you want carbon fibre paint/wrap with spec 2.0?


  • Total voters
    110
Messages
479
Ireland
Wexford / Ireland
Messages
maksiu3f
Would it not be great to have it implemented in spec 2.0?
Please vote.
 
Last edited:
Let Us be heard, you never know...
 
I doubt a couple of paints will be in spec II, but yeah it would be cool!
 
Would absolutely love this. This thread should be a petition. Please PD!
 
Lets see if we can get this thread big enough to make it happen since PD is open to gamers' suggestions to make the game better.
Cheers
 
It's a minor thing compared to everything else in 2.0, maybe for 2.01 if the thread becomes THAT BIG, but thare are many paints that need to be added like the mustang grabber blue, yellow, etc.

But nevertheless would be cool
 
It's a minor thing compared to everything else in 2.0, maybe for 2.01 if the thread becomes THAT BIG, but thare are many paints that need to be added like the mustang grabber blue, yellow, etc.

But nevertheless would be cool

I agree that its a minor thing, but so different than any other paint - even chrome.
Just look at the stealth cars, they look amazing.
 
Would be nice, but it's not gonna happen, i'm sure spec 2.0 is already done and ready to go. /thread.
 
You are right on this one I'm sure, but I dont mind if it is in 2.01 ;)
 
You are right on this one I'm sure, but I dont mind if it is in 2.01 ;)

True, but i'd rather wait for the whole Carbon option until we get a livery editior (if we ever do) Simply because EVERYONE will use it, and then you'll have 16 Carbon looking cars on track. Not a bad idea tho..
 
Another idea is to offer more carbon fiber body panels than just the hood....... Although the photomode section would probably have a bunch of weird photos like a red camaro with just the left rear quarter panel in carbon fiber or something of that nature

IRL I know a guy who got one of those heat wrap things for his race car and it looks like green carbon fiber (except the parts that got stretched a little too much, but still don't look bad)
 
Another idea is to offer more carbon fiber body panels than just the hood....... Although the photomode section would probably have a bunch of weird photos like a red camaro with just the left rear quarter panel in carbon fiber or something of that nature

I'm sure it would come as a matching pair of panels :lol:;)
 
maksiu3f
I'm sure it would come as a matching pair of panels :lol:;)

Very true........very true lol
 
Lets see if we can get this thread big enough to make it happen since PD is open to gamers' suggestions to make the game better.
Cheers

How long has it taken to implement a mid-race game save for the enduros?
 
The question is irrelevant.
The main thing is that PD would listen to gamers.
Plus paint chip vs new feature is not the same... or is it?
I am not in a hurry anyway ;)
 
Roush_fan_99
Another idea is to offer more carbon fiber body panels than just the hood....... Although the photomode section would probably have a bunch of weird photos like a red camaro with just the left rear quarter panel in carbon fiber or something of that nature

IRL I know a guy who got one of those heat wrap things for his race car and it looks like green carbon fiber (except the parts that got stretched a little too much, but still don't look bad)

I think carbon fiber trunks would be cool
 
If we had a livery editor it would be possible to make it. And it would take some skill to make it look good
 
I really like the idea of a carbon paint or wrap, and if possible, it would be great if you could chose specific parts of the car thats can be carbon. (Like the roof, mirrors, trunk, maybe even wheels...? :sly:)
 
I'd like carbon fiber interiors first. :sly:
 
As much as I want carbon fiber paint...how would it be implemented?

Having to buy endless cars until you receive one is pointless (AKA the current paint system) and buying X amount of paints for $1-5 is just stupid.

That really only leaves a revamp of GT Auto and buying infinite DLC paint chips for $1-2.50.


Don't get me wrong, I would love to see so many cars with GT5's carbon fiber (looks better than MANY other games), but it all comes down to how it's marketed. Even then you'll have the Collector's Ed. owners whining because their stealth cars are no longer "special" (where's a *rolleyes* smily when you need one?)....and I own a F1 stealth :dunce:.
 
I do own most of the stealth cars (except for r10) and introducing CF paint would not make any of these cars less special.
 
DDAAVVIIDD82
How long has it taken to implement a mid-race game save for the enduros?

At least a year, people have wanted since about day 2 of release, then many threads came later
 
Carbon Fibre? Actually, it's already in game. On the X2010 Carbon:

Road-Course---Daytona_12.gif


But yes I would love it.
 
The question is can we make this thread big enough to make a difference?
 
my answer would be inbetween hell yes and not really.....but more on the hells yes side!
 
Spec 2.0 out, question remains.
Would you like CF paint in next update?
 
Carbon Fibre paint...i dunno maybe between yes and yes...yes is a good answer but yes is better...i dunno...YES?
:)
 
Back