Career discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 1,273 comments
I haven't tested career mode in a long time. Are these features already implemented into the game?

There's been an awful lot of the JIRA work plan being completed, so some of it must be in game by now, but it is all on running for the release schedule.

JIRA is a work scheduling system, it is basically like a giant post-it note, that automatically gives a task a job number, owner, respondant, etc., allowing lots of people access to the database, edit the document as necessary, and create reports on the process.

Within the WMD system, there were two sets of job numbers; one which began with WMD xxxx, which were community found bugs, and JIRA xxxx which were more specific tasks, such as adding menu options, populating career mode events (read contract offers, twitter responses, etc.), tool tips, etc.

If you take a look at the build reports that are listed in the main thread, you'll see what I mean.

Here are some shorties that give you some insight into the inner workings of the game. As always, work in progress, final product may be different:

Project Cars Youtube Fanpage

Career Mode quick peek:

Driver Network User Interface:

I must say after reading the posts in this thread, SMS must have read my mind on what I wanted in a racing sim. Of course they didn't have to though. They had all of those fans of racing games testing and giving them constant feedback. Way to go.

I must say after reading the posts in this thread, SMS must have read my mind on what I wanted in a racing sim. Of course they didn't have to though. They had all of those fans of racing games testing and giving them constant feedback. Way to go.

I love project cars as it provides the experience people want in racing games. I still like gt and froza but I think they both missed a trick. Both games you buy a car and tune it then race it. But what gt could do Is approach racing from a driver/ team manager point view. Then rework the career. For this to work they would need to re do ai and a few other bits. In they could manage to a career similar to project cars.

Project cars when playing full length races I reckon will be 40+ hours easily to get to f1 and even longer to get to lmp1

How long is one season?

That depends heavily on what kind of season it is. Several races, from a handfull in a regional series to a full WEC/F1 style calender in a top tier worldwide racing series.
It also depends heavily on how closely you simulate the actual races. Do you do full practice sessions, qualitying sessions and full length race? Or shorten each one? Or skip or simulate qualifying and go straight to the race? Full length race or shortened race? I think each individual race weekend could be minutes or hours depending on how far you want to get into it.

awesome so could i do a full f1 race series? Also is there an endurance series? I know i said i probably wouldnt get this game because of the delay. But the career mode sounds a lot better than other racers ive played.

Will having the AI set on a higher difficulty be more rewarding in game? For instance, are there trophies etc that can only be achieved on a medium or hard difficulty that cannot be done on "easy mode"?

From what I gather, the difficulties aren't as straight forward as EASY, MEDIUM, HARD, I was just using it to illustrate my point.

Thanks

GRID Autosport offers higher rewards for increased difficulty. But, what I'd like to see -- and it's impossible -- I'd like to be able to buy a ride in a higher tier series with my excess GranTurismo credits.

GRID Autosport offers higher rewards for increased difficulty. But, what I'd like to see -- and it's impossible -- I'd like to be able to buy a ride in a higher tier series with my excess GranTurismo credits.
I don't think there are credits in this game.

Is the 24 Hours of LeMans avaiable for multiple Series types? Can you race it in GT3, GT4, LMP 2 and LMP 1?

I don't think there are credits in this game.

Is the 24 Hours of LeMans avaiable for multiple Series types? Can you race it in GT3, GT4, LMP 2 and LMP 1?
Nope, no credits. You might get offered a ride on a better team though, not sure.

To piggyback on that: as not every team is licensed, how is one supposed to know whether a team is good or not?
The initial offer will be lower end teams and final offer will be higher teams if this helps.

To piggyback on that: as not every team is licensed, how is one supposed to know whether a team is good or not?
Just pick the one with the best livery.
party0006.gif

Another question...
Let's say I get this game and I suck. At least for the first month I actually kind of expect to, regardless of my excellence in GT6...ha!

I know I can turn down/adjust the AI. Is there a "Driving Line" I can turn on or off?
I assume there is no magical force to keep the nose pointed the right direction, but are aids like ABS and Traction Control true to life or do they generically make the game easier?

In other words, could my 10 year old nephew get any enjoyment from this game at all?

Another question...
Let's say I get this game and I suck. At least for the first month I actually kind of expect to, regardless of my excellence in GT6...ha!

I know I can turn down/adjust the AI. Is there a "Driving Line" I can turn on or off?
I assume there is no magical force to keep the nose pointed the right direction, but are aids like ABS and Traction Control true to life or do they generically make the game easier?

In other words, could my 10 year old nephew get any enjoyment from this game at all?
yes there are ways to make it easier and more forgiving. adjusting aid and force feed back is one. also putting power restrictor on the vehicle to slow it down will also probably help.

I remember the days when i was that age(early 2000s), there were no aids to help you drive in games back then. the closest thing was transmission options. we learn to drive through anger and frustration. Kids today have got so easy now.
For his enjoyment aswell i would go through the cars that he likes. Drive yourself, then steer him towards the easier ones.

^ Transmission options! You were lucky to have transmission options! When I was a lad we had to sit inside the combustion chamber when we raced, steering only with the throttle, and we had to brake with our bare feet out the door.

Last edited:
I remember the days when i was that age(early 2000s), there were no aids to help you drive in games back then. the closest thing was transmission options. we learn to drive through anger and frustration. Kids today have got so easy now.
For his enjoyment aswell i would go through the cars that he likes. Drive yourself, then steer him towards the easier ones.
^ Transmission options! You were lucky to have transmission options! When I was a lad we had to sit inside the combustion chamber when we raced, steering only with the throttle, and we had to brake with our bare feet out the door.
i agree with both of you with this and things can get intense with alot of settings that can be a game changer to Pcars as well

My first ever game i had was v rally 2 that was amazing, i was never any good but i spent so many hours on it. Then hopped to colin mcrae games. looking back the racing games have changed so much since then back then it was mainly rallying. Now rally barely features.

Will having the AI set on a higher difficulty be more rewarding in game? For instance, are there trophies etc that can only be achieved on a medium or hard difficulty that cannot be done on "easy mode"?

From what I gather, the difficulties aren't as straight forward as EASY, MEDIUM, HARD, I was just using it to illustrate my point.

Thanks

Hm, I was not to be taken seriously with my previous posting in this thread. I dawns on me that the younger generation may not know the Four Yorkshiremen. I feel old now... :guilty:

Back