Career discussion

• Thread starter crowhop
  • 1,273 comments
So under the LMP1 box, is it just single class LMP1 races or is there a mix of single class and multi class (in this case where you would be driving an LMP1)?
I just tested this. For the LMP1 box that we currently have access to (we can only access a tiny bit of the career ATM) the LMP1 races are single class, at least what I could see in the first race, starting the career at the LPM1 level. The Touring/GT career path(s) leads to multi class GT endurance races, so there is multi class racing in the career. Perhaps someone else has more info on that. (Dayum, I'm seeing more of the career than I'd like now - want to save most of it :dopey:).

Current career knowledge aside, the LeMans partnership will bring multiclass racing with GT and LMP later on.

Is there anything known if multiclass races like the Le Mans 24hrs will appear in different tiers? So you can enter either as LMP1, LMP2 or GT? I'm hoping for an obvious "yes", but you never know... :) . The article above on the project cars web page seems to put a lot of emphasis on racing the 24hrs in the LMP1/2 classes.

I just tested this. For the LMP1 box that we currently have access to (we can only access a tiny bit of the career ATM) the LMP1 races are single class, at least what I could see in the first race, starting the career at the LPM1 level. The Touring/GT career path(s) leads to multi class GT endurance races, so there is multi class racing in the career. Perhaps someone else has more info on that. (Dayum, I'm seeing more of the career than I'd like now - want to save most of it :dopey:).

Current career knowledge aside, the LeMans partnership will bring multiclass racing with GT and LMP later on.

Ok, I looked at the career setup documents and from what I can tell LMP1, LMP2 are single class. The only multi-class races are in the Endurance series/championships, which is separate from LMP1/LMP2. You have the invitational endurance event as well. Endurance races include LMP1, LMP2, GT3, GT4 cars. Minimum endurance event race time is 30 mins at the moment.

I can't say for sure 100% that that's how the final game is gonna be, but from where I'm standing that's what it's gonna be. So I'm sorry if some of you may be displeased/disappointed, but at least you have a couple of month to get over it :)

Ok, I looked at the career setup documents and from what I can tell LMP1, LMP2 are single class. The only multi-class races are in the Endurance series/championships, which is separate from LMP1/LMP2. You have the invitational endurance event as well. Endurance races include LMP1, LMP2, GT3, GT4 cars. Minimum endurance event race time is 30 mins at the moment.

I can't say for sure 100% that that's how the final game is gonna be, but from where I'm standing that's what it's gonna be. So I'm sorry if some of you may be displeased/disappointed, but at least you have a couple of month to get over it :)

As long as it's in I'm happy :D . It just seems a bit weird that racing an LMP1 in Endurance or a GT4 in the same championship is both in the same career Tier. And that LMP1 Endurance would be a tier lower than a non-endurance LMP1-only championship.

How long is the endurance series / championship , ie how many races ? I'm looking forward to long races and working my way through that traffic

How long is the endurance series / championship , ie how many races ? I'm looking forward to long races and working my way through that traffic

There's gonna be 5 races per championship in 2 championship (American and European). Then if you're good enough, you get into the World endurance, which is 8 races, one of those is 24 hour Le Mans.

In addition, I think there are gonna be a few (3-4) one-off races that are not part of the championship. Not sure exactly how those integrate into the career.

This is the latest info I have, not sure if it will be the same at release.

There's gonna be 5 races per championship in 2 championship (American and European). Then if you're good enough, you get into the World endurance, which is 8 races, one of those is 24 hour Le Mans.

In addition, I think there are gonna be a few (3-4) one-off races that are not part of the championship. Not sure exactly how those integrate into the career.

This is the latest info I have, not sure if it will be the same at release.
So I take it I could compete in that series in a GT4 or GT3 or prototypes depending on my career path and contract offers . If I performed well in GT4 would that open doors into GT3 and above ?

So I take it I could compete in that series in a GT4 or GT3 or prototypes depending on my career path and contract offers . If I performed well in GT4 would that open doors into GT3 and above ?

Yeah, I think so. When I started my new endurance career now, I got a GT4 offer and LMP2 offer. Probably if I did good I'd get GT3/LMP1 next season.

Also, in theory, you can keep competing in endurance forever, and you can "win" career by winning that championship a few (3?) times in a row.

Sounds like there's a whole lot more to do in peoject cars career mode than Gran turismo. I just hope it doesn't get to repetitive like grid Autosport Id be half way through a season and be bored of it all ready.

Sounds like there's a whole lot more to do in peoject cars career mode than Gran turismo. I just hope it doesn't get to repetitive like grid Autosport Id be half way through a season and be bored of it all ready.
If you like racing and winning races and like to tune car setup to perfection then you won't get bored. If you like a lot of "unlockables" and other fluff like that like XP, gold, etc, then you will be bored.

It seems extremely racing centric. If the AI is good, with all of the Series, tracks and cars, I dont see how it could be boring. Unless a particular track I am not fond of keeps showing up.

It is not a grind unless you just want to "complete" the game. But one doesn't simply complete pCARS.

It seems extremely racing centric. If the AI is good, with all of the Series, tracks and cars, I dont see how it could be boring. Unless a particular track I am not fond of keeps showing up.

It is not a grind unless you just want to "complete" the game. But one doesn't simply complete pCARS.

Thanks yeah I don't like lvl grinds. I want a solid racing with good AI hopefully Project cars brings this.

"Difficult" is certainly true. I've made a post about what I think in the General Discussion thread in the Grid Autosport subforum.

PC it's very good game I like it.. But when I'm thinking about the career The first think who coming in my mind is the stupid NFS style AI...
"you have a good lap time good and fast line the bot is about 2 sec behind you in one lap AI put the nitro* pass you if you follow him you see that can turn in some turns about 20 or 30 km/h faster from you with the same car...
What is going on? This is like NFS underground....
I pray to change this think because it's stupid...

PC it's very good game I like it.. But when I'm thinking about the career The first think who coming in my mind is the stupid NFS style AI... "you have a good lap time good and fast line the bot is about 2 sec behind you in one lap AI put the nitro* pass you if you follow him you see that can turn in some turns about 20 or 30 km/h faster from you with the same car... What is going on? This is like NFS underground.... I pray to change this think because it's stupid...
Are you describing rubber banding?

PC it's very good game I like it.. But when I'm thinking about the career The first think who coming in my mind is the stupid NFS style AI...
"you have a good lap time good and fast line the bot is about 2 sec behind you in one lap AI put the nitro* pass you if you follow him you see that can turn in some turns about 20 or 30 km/h faster from you with the same car...

Are you describing rubber banding?

There's no rubber banding in this game. If you're much faster than an opponent, you'll remain much faster than them. Whack the AI up a bit if you want a challenge.

This is a lie/misunderstanding. The AI will lose and stay behind if you put in consistent lap times, so if they are catching up you only have yourself to blame.

Well. Some cars have DRS and KERS, so they dont use Nitros (there is no such thing in pcars), but there are still things that can help pass the unaware... From what greek dude is describing, it doesnt sound like the recent AI to me, more like he is on a certain previous build.

I have never seen this AI behaviour in any video and I've watched a lot of them. Assuming you were both at speed and at the limits of the car and no mistakes were made on your part. Since it seems common enough for you to mention it, perhaps you could show us a video of this behaviour.

Related to online and ramming, this is one thing I liked about Forza 2 all lobbies were user created and many of us would set the lobbies with collisions off. The would be punters would quickly find another place to go and we were generally left with a room full of serious racers. True it takes a bit away from the game not being able to draft or block but at the same time it allows everyone to drive flat out on whatever line they want without fear of crashing someone else or being crashed. I met a lot of cool people and had many many great races with many people who would seek out my lobbies on a regular basis. I was hoping GT6 would offer this option as well especially since they added it to GT5 but of course they did not and this has kept many of us out of open lobbies.

I don't know what to expect in the online portion of PCars but am eager to give it a try.

The offline/career mode portion has me wondering. One of the main things about career mode in other games is to win or unlock cars, win credits to buy and/or modify your cars and such. I wonder how PCars will keep us playing offline mode if there are no cars to win or purchase and no credit system for buying cars or upgrades.

I am hoping it will be a lot of fun in offline mode but am not sure at this point.

Don't worry if this mechanism looks strange (it will be for a lot of us, and I'm including myself). Instead of prioritising earning money and planning for the future, you will be able to focus on the present, which will be a championship or just a race.

The emphasis will be on preparing for the next race, with practice and qualifying sessions. The focus will be on racing, not some counter intuitive game logic (think about how it works in real life).

This mechanism reminds me of the old Toca Race Driver games which were excellent.

Related to online and ramming, this is one thing I liked about Forza 2 all lobbies were user created and many of us would set the lobbies with collisions off.
I was hoping GT6 would offer this option as well especially since they added it to GT5 but of course they did not and this has kept many of us out of open lobbies.
GT6 does offer the option to turn collisions off but only in qualifying & time trial, not in races. That's just one of many examples of PD's stupid idea of making certain options unavailable in certain portions of the game, which ends up making the game less fun to a lot of people.

The offline/career mode portion has me wondering. One of the main things about career mode in other games is to win or unlock cars, win credits to buy and/or modify your cars and such. I wonder how PCars will keep us playing offline mode if there are no cars to win or purchase and no credit system for buying cars or upgrades.

I am hoping it will be a lot of fun in offline mode but am not sure at this point.

You re making the wrong analogy. pcars is not like GT/Forza, it is like real life. Do you play FIFA to unlock Manchester United? No, you play to win the Premier League or the Champions League. Same here: You race to become the Champion, to rise up the ladder in motorsports and ultimately become the champion in one of the highest motorsports disciplines, like a real driver aspires to.

You re making the wrong analogy. pcars is not like GT/Forza, it is like real life. Do you play FIFA to unlock Manchester United? No, you play to win the Premier League or the Champions League. Same here: You race to become the Champion, to rise up the ladder in motorsports and ultimately become the champion in one of the highest motorsports disciplines, like a real driver aspires to.

IRL you race to earn a living, you win money and you use that money to buy things.

One of the things that has always appealed to me in games like Forza and GT is earning credits and collecting cars. The absence of a credits system is a concern to me. I know other games I have played which were just about racing and did not have a credit system were not nearly as much fun in single player mode.

I hate talking bad about other games, but for me, I d rather have fun on the track for the sake of having fun on the track instead of having a credit system that makes you think its fun to collect cars that are not much fun on track, in comparison. Imho it is unfortunate that GT/Forza conditioned us to expect and even miss this grind that makes it seem more important to unlock goodies instead of winning for the sake of winning.

Back